ADVERTISEMENT

Patchan vs Chickillo

Swaggah64

SuperCane
Jul 14, 2010
Palmetto Bay, FL
Besides the obvious fact that Patchan is arriving at the U coming off an injury and Chickillo came here off of a dominating MVP performance at an all-star game, there is a similarity in their paths to the U.

Both are legacies, DEs that dominated iat top tier HS teams who were recruited by many and choose the U.

Chickillo was viewed to be a savior of the program at a time when we had exactly one other talented DE(Vernon, suspended 6 games and played as though bored while here) on the entire roster.Look at the Roster. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Miami_Hurricanes_football_team

We (including me) all expected that he would be for us what Bosa is to OSU. That was unrealistic and unfair to him.There are very few DEs that dominate at that level. Even in our recent 3 decades you can name the dominant DE's on one hand. DT was our strength

The kid played his heart out and did whatever was asked of him. He was a good, above average player , playing next to the weakest collection of talent that we have had since before Bernie Kosar was QB here.

Patchan will play with Thomas, Jackson, AQM(hopefully), Willis(hopefully) and a much stronger group of DTs that Chickillo played with.

No one is even talking about Patchan. I hope that he will RS. I expect Patchan to have more career sacks than Chickillo by virtue of playing on a better line, whether he is better or not.

Patchan's HS highlights, mostly as a JR are very impressive and if he regains that quickness and speed that he showed on those Highlights we have a good player down the road. Maybe a great player.

There is an extreme contrast on expectations and pressure between the two when they are more similar than anything,

I will always be a Chickillo fan, thankful for his decision to come here and the effort and commitment he showed while here. A shame that inflated expectations, questionable coaching and scheme caused him to leave with less than great feelings it seems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News