ADVERTISEMENT

President Trump Is Scheduled To Make An Additional Detailed Speech Today re: Charlottesville.

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
And I think that this is a good idea.

As far as President Trump's initial remarks re: Charlottesville, I am glad that he addressed the issue and made some initial remarks. I also believe that it would behoove both him and his administration to further articulate himself better in condemning the Nazism/White Supremacy lawless violence. I don't expect the President of the United States, whoever he/she is, to condemn every single act of racist extremism of every type, every time it happens. Racism does happen every day in this country, and it is up to MORE than just the President to rebuke racism at a more local level. However, the President is the leader of America, in several respects, one of which is being a moral leader for all Americans. What I DO EXPECT is for the President of the United States to step up and try to help heal and unite all decent minded Americans at a time like this when lawful racist extremism free speech becomes LAWLESS racist extremism HATE SPEECH, resulting in widespread lawless criminal conduct, resulting in multiple injuries/fatalities, resulting in a national outcry. This is exactly what this ignorant, intolerant, and idiotic white supremacist group did on Saturday.

Simply stated, the magnitude of the situation mandates a more resonating rebuking. My expectation is for President Trump to make a more powerful speech which directly condemns the widespread criminal conduct which the Nazism/White Supremacy group displayed on Saturday. Also, both the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's Office need to be involved in this incident. The FBI needs to investigate facts as to possible federal crimes from kidnapping to deprivation of civil rights to domestic terrorism. The U.S. Attorney's Office then needs to bring prosecutable indictments against individuals and pursue those charges to the fullest extent under the law. A message must be sent.

Moving forward as a country, it is also important to understand the concept of free speech, and how it is protected. Free speech is a fundamental right in this country, embodied in the First Amendment to the Constitution. Like its fellow fundamental rights also embodied in the First Amendment (i.e., right to vote, right to travel, right to assemble, freedom of the press, etc.). As I have previously stated, the United States Supreme Court recognizes lawful free speech for even racist extremism groups of ANY type.

Yes, this includes racist extremism on BOTH the right (KKK/White Supremacy/Nazism) and on the left (Black Lives Matter, NOI, and Antifa). However, when lawful FREE speech DEVOLVES into lawless HATE speech, a line is crossed, and the First Amendment safeguards cease to exist. Even further when lawful FREE speech DEVOLVES into widespread CRIMINAL CONDUCT. Contrary to the false assertions made by some on this Board, racist extremism groups DO exist on the left, and have crossed the line from LAWFUL free speech to LAWLESS hate speech, and even further into criminal conduct itself. It is a fundamentally flawed argument to dispute this fact by juxtaposing the longstanding criminal history of the KKK to more modern extremist groups on the left i.e., Black Lives Matter, NOI... Although blacks sympathetic to Black Lives Matter may care about a clear distinction between the KKK and Black Lives Matter regarding who has been here longer, the eyes of the LAW do NOT. The law does not care who has been doing lawless criminal conduct longer; the law merely cares about what is lawful and what is UNLAWFUL. Black Lives Matter IS a racist extremism group, and HAS engaged in lawless criminal conduct from hate speech (promoting the killing of cops) to physical violence (attacking both vehicles and Trump supporters in the streets). Only the hate fueled hypocrites refuse to acknowledge a well-established irrefutable fact.

So, the blacks on this Board can falsely accuse me and millions of others of racism all day long until the cows come home, shit all over the American flag and her history, and make red-herring arguments about who has been a racist extremism group longer, but that is all irrelevant. What IS relevant to truly advance race and race related issues in a positive way, is for BOTH SIDES to condemn ALL forms of racist extremism. Most importantly in this effort is for WHITES to step up and say "those KKK/Nazism/White Supremacist groups who engaged in lawless criminal conduct need to be called out, condemned, and combated to the fullest extent of the law; and for BLACKS to step up and do the same for racist extremism on the left. Until then, both sides will simply point the finger at each other and the chess board stalemate regarding race and race related issues will remain in tact.

Extremism on one side does NOT justify extremism on the other side.

Last edited:
And I think that this is a good idea.

As far as President Trump's initial remarks re: Charlottesville, I am glad that he addressed the issue and made some initial remarks. I also believe that it would behoove both him and his administration to further articulate himself better in condemning the Nazism/White Supremacy lawless violence. I don't expect the President of the United States, whoever he/she is, to condemn every single act of racist extremism of every type, every time it happens. Racism does happen every day in this country, and it is up to MORE than just the President to rebuke racism at a more local level. However, the President is the leader of America, in several respects, one of which is being a moral leader for all Americans. What I DO EXPECT is for the President of the United States to step up and try to help heal and unite all decent minded Americans at a time like this when lawful racist extremism free speech becomes LAWLESS racist extremism HATE SPEECH, resulting in widespread lawless criminal conduct, resulting in multiple injuries/fatalities, resulting in a national outcry. This is exactly what this ignorant, intolerant, and idiotic white supremacist group did on Saturday.

Simply stated, the magnitude of the situation mandates a more resonating rebuking. My expectation is for President Trump to make a more powerful speech which directly condemns the widespread criminal conduct which the Nazism/White Supremacy group displayed on Saturday. Also, both the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's Office need to be involved in this incident. The FBI needs to investigate facts as to possible federal crimes from kidnapping to deprivation of civil rights to domestic terrorism. The U.S. Attorney's Office then needs to bring prosecutable indictments against individuals and pursue those charges to the fullest extent under the law. A message must be sent.

Moving forward as a country, it is also important to understand the concept of free speech, and how it is protected. Free speech is a fundamental right in this country, embodied in the First Amendment to the Constitution. Like its fellow fundamental rights also embodied in the First Amendment (i.e., right to vote, right to travel, right to assemble, freedom of the press, etc.). As I have previously stated, the United States Supreme Court recognizes lawful free speech for even racist extremism groups of ANY type.

Yes, this includes racist extremism on BOTH the right (KKK/White Supremacy/Nazism) and on the left (Black Lives Matter, NOI, and Antifa). However, when lawful FREE speech DEVOLVES into lawless HATE speech, a line is crossed, and the First Amendment safeguards cease to exist. Even further when lawful FREE speech DEVOLVES into widespread CRIMINAL CONDUCT. Contrary to the false assertions made by some on this Board, racist extremism groups DO exist on the left, and have crossed the line from LAWFUL free speech to LAWLESS hate speech, and even further into criminal conduct itself. It is a fundamentally flawed argument to dispute this fact by juxtaposing the longstanding criminal history of the KKK to more modern extremist groups on the left i.e., Black Lives Matter, NOI... Although blacks sympathetic to Black Lives Matter may care about a clear distinction between the KKK and Black Lives Matter regarding who has been here longer, the eyes of the LAW do NOT. The law does not care who has been doing lawless criminal conduct longer; the law merely cares about what is lawful and what is UNLAWFUL. Black Lives Matter IS a racist extremism group, and HAS engaged in lawless criminal conduct from hate speech (promoting the killing of cops) to physical violence (attacking both vehicles and Trump supporters in the streets). Only the hate fueled hypocrites refuse to acknowledge a well-established irrefutable fact.

So, the blacks on this Board can falsely accuse me and millions of others of racism all day long until the cows come home, shit all over the American flag and her history, and make red-herring arguments about who has been a racist extremism group longer, but that is all irrelevant. What IS relevant to truly advance race and race related issues in a positive way, is for BOTH SIDES to condemn ALL forms of racist extremism. Most importantly in this effort is for WHITES to step up and say "those KKK/Nazism/White Supremacist groups who engaged in lawless criminal conduct need to be called out, condemned, and combated to the fullest extent of the law; and for BLACKS to step up and do the same for racist extremism on the left. Until then, both sides will simply point the finger at each other and the chess board stalemate regarding race and race related issues will remain in tact.

Extremism on one side does NOT justify extremism on the other side.
I'm not going to put to much stock into a canned statement that the administration has had a couple of days to prepare. I'm not going to get into the KKK, Neo Nazi, White Supremacist vs BLM/NOI argument but I will say this in that the latter is a by product of the former. Lest you forget that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Did you honestly expect for black folks to continually get lynched, murdered, heads cracked open, hosed down, houses, churches burnt to the ground at the hands of police, KKK, white supremacist for decades and just keep taking that shit and not expect a reaction? That's not reality. That turn the other cheek nonsense only goes so far and sometimes you have to meet aggression with aggression, it's a sad fact but true. What do you reasonably expect Trump to do? He's part of the problem with his own instances of racism which are also irrefutable as you put in reference to some of BLMs transgressions. That coupled with some of his closest advisors I.E. Steve Bannon, Chief Strategist and former CEO of Breibart who once said and I quote "Breibart is a platform for the Alt Right." I've already discussed ad naseum my thoughts and disdain for Jeff Sessions and I'll go as far as to put Stephen Miller in that White Nationalist category.

There are those that carry out atrocities under the BLM flag, but for the life of me I don't understand how someone could equate the two. At its core BLM is about a history of poor relations between minority poverty-riddled communities and mostly majority police force.

I think that BLM focusing on a symptom rather than the root problem. I think that it is a poorly packaged, poorly marketed, and distracted organization. I think that there is a small minority of people who claim to be members of this group who choose to do bad things. But as a whole, the organization itself is not about hate, it's about minority communities which have been historically disenfranchised and undereducated since the days of slavery. My problem with this group is that they seem to mostly focus on the symptoms of these two root problems rather than tackling them head on. But to just dismiss them as a hate group is counterproductive and contributes to the current sad state of discourse in our country.

Reactions: normsmith
There are those that carry out atrocities under the BLM flag, but for the life of me I don't understand how someone could equate the two. At its core BLM is about a history of poor relations between minority poverty-riddled communities and mostly majority police force.

I think that BLM focusing on a symptom rather than the root problem. I think that it is a poorly packaged, poorly marketed, and distracted organization. I think that there is a small minority of people who claim to be members of this group who choose to do bad things. But as a whole, the organization itself is not about hate, it's about minority communities which have been historically disenfranchised and undereducated since the days of slavery. My problem with this group is that they seem to mostly focus on the symptoms of these two root problems rather than tackling them head on. But to just dismiss them as a hate group is counterproductive and contributes to the current sad state of discourse in our country.
Great post. For me, personally, I support the BLM movement but not the group itself for some of the reasons that you mentioned. The group's leadership is severely lacking which leads to their poor image as they fail to condemn violence from their supporters among other things.

Reactions: m.dan and normsmith
I'm not going to put to much stock into a canned statement that the administration has had a couple of days to prepare. I'm not going to get into the KKK, Neo Nazi, White Supremacist vs BLM/NOI argument but I will say this in that the latter is a by product of the former. Lest you forget that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Did you honestly expect for black folks to continually get lynched, murdered, heads cracked open, hosed down, houses, churches burnt to the ground at the hands of police, KKK, white supremacist for decades and just keep taking that shit and not expect a reaction? That's not reality. That turn the other cheek nonsense only goes so far and sometimes you have to meet aggression with aggression, it's a sad fact but true. What do you reasonably expect Trump to do? He's part of the problem with his own instances of racism which are also irrefutable as you put in reference to some of BLMs transgressions. That coupled with some of his closest advisors I.E. Steve Bannon, Chief Strategist and former CEO of Breibart who once said and I quote "Breibart is a platform for the Alt Right." I've already discussed ad naseum my thoughts and disdain for Jeff Sessions and I'll go as far as to put Stephen Miller in that White Nationalist category.

Let me address your reply point for point.

First, as far as the "canned statement" from the administration re: having a few days to prepare for it. I agree that President Trump should have been less general and more specific on Saturday in directly condemning the KKK/White Supremacists. The proverbial "down time" between Saturday afternoon and Monday afternoon from at least a public perception standpoint was going to subject him to some criticism. Some justified. Some unjustified. That said, so many of you malign Trump for his flying off the handle responses to incidents. He has had trouble articulating certain points with the requisite precision and choice of words which one would want. So, given the magnitude of Charlottesville, I think that it behooved President Trump to take some time to come out on a Monday and deliver a much more measured, direct, and powerful speech condemning the lawless criminal conduct of the KKK/White Supremacists.

Second, when you say that the Black Lives Matter, NOI, etc... are by-products of decades, and even centuries of racist oppression, I think that is fair argument to make. I do think that it is incumbent on white people as a whole to actively acknowledge where we are today in the race/race relations department, and how we arrived here. That responsibility is three-fold: (1) understanding the history of racism in this country from the American Revolution to the Civil War, to Brown v. Board of Education, to modern day issues involving racism; (2) having both an open ear and mind to be able to listen to blacks who can come to the table and articulate their respective positions on race in a reasonable manner; and (3) actively condemn racism while working with minorities to ensure equality for all under the law. Where I DO draw the line is this notion that the lawless criminal conduct on the left with these groups such as Black Lives Matter, NOI, etc.. exemplify, should be excused to one degree or another because of the historical racism in America. Lawless criminal conduct does not justify lawless criminal conduct, and racist extremism on one side is often improperly used to justify racist extremism on the other side. Such is the cycle which must be broken, and it only when BOTH SIDES acknowledge lawlessness extremism on BOTH SIDES can this cycle begin to be broken.

Third, I do not believe that Bannon is a racist. I think that perception is largely fueled by a liberal bitch whore mainstream media which is out to portray Bannon as someone who he is not. Bannon is a nationalist, a conservative, and a flame thrower against the liberal left. But those things do not ipso facto make Bannon a bigot. Bannon has been hailed a Zion in Israel for being so pro-Jewish for the people there. Breitbart hires dozens if not hundreds of minorities within its organization. I agree with you that it may behoove Trump to remove Bannon from anything related to the Administration in order to promote a healthier public perception.

Fourth, I am not a huge fan of Jeff Sessions, but for different reasons unrelated to race. I think the racist charges against him are a complete crock of shit cooked up by flaming far left liberal politicians in order to pander to their minority voters and score cheap political points for midterm elections. Such is shameful. Jeff Sessions went after the Klan, has received endorsements from several prominent blacks across the country, and by almost all accounts has earned the respect of all of his peers in Congress.

Fifth, I disagree re: Stephen Miller. I am a huge fan. He is a great voice for the White House, and consistently puts the liberal bitch whore mainstream media in its place where it belongs. He made that ass-clown Jim Acosta from CNN look like such an ignoramus bitch that I almost ripped the light fixtures out of my walls in excitement over it. Miller can command the room and articulate with the requisite precision the points which have to be made. He is a great balance between Sean Spicer being too unsure and slow, and Scaramoochi being too bombasitc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU

I will concede there are presumptively good black people who may at first want to support Black Lives Matter in order to make good faith attempts to advance the race/race related issues which the black community has with law enforcement. However, I have neither the sympathy nor the tolerance for anyone who can support an extremist group like this which advocates for the killing of cops, violence towards white people, and disruption of peaceful political assemblies.

Surely, any decent minded American understands that the relationship between black community and police department has almost always been strained. This strain has been highlighted more over the last 3-5 years due to some of the controversies caught on policecam/cell phone footage. The black community has a legitimate concern, as all Americans should have, in ensuring that law enforcement is lawfully enforcing the law. But as a whole, Black Lives Matter has routinely been at the center of controversy stemming from lawless criminal conduct. Black Lives Matter is hardly a noble and worthy cause in its current form. It lacks the requisite educated leadership which can bring a consistently lawful, intelligent, and more measured approach to advancing its cause, than what we have seen in the past from this group. It is a domestic terrorist group, and it has been under investigation from local law enforcement to the FBI.

The black community needs a bona fide association which can advance its causes in a way which more closely mirrors the late great MLK. Using peaceful protests, intellectual treatises, and tone specific speeches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Great but I still don't feel you have a grasp on the concern people are having. By the way when I say "people" I am referring to both sides. I am referring to real leaders on both sides. Not just the media. If you look at the senate and people speaking out against the right and wrong things. That's leadership. They aren't sitting there talking about BLM because they didn't kill anyone the other day. This incident just isn't a BLM movement and hating BLM doesn't make it a BLM movement as much as you and Trump and others want to tie the two together, what happened is these people were protesting the removal of a statue the people voted to take down because of its racist history. You can't hide. It's time to pick a side.

Too much worry about something that just doesn't apply to the episode.

You want to talk about BLM and all the other protest groups when it wasn't their march and to me that isn't really acceptable by the president. Listen man, this isn't an opportunity to take a look at everything that is wrong with protest groups on each side. That's the thing you aren't comprehending.

A specific group had a specific march that resulted in the death of an innocent woman and the death of two others with another 26 people getting injured. This isn't the time to be tribal. Its time for leadership. Look at what happened and condemn the wrong doers. If BLM members drove a car at their protest and killed someone and many others were hurt then fine....but people that want to get into this tit for tat make matters so much worse.

You have to be accountable for your actions. Plain and simple and not look for excuses.

Now, you and others start countless threads pointing out radical Muslims here and I get a kick out of this as I have pointed out. You completely ignore these other so called Christian groups here on our own soil that terrorize people. BLM is not killing anyone. BLM is not lynching anyone. They aren't doing these things but you are just incessant on trying to compare two protest groups that are vastly different in their actions.

I will concede there are presumptively good black people who may at first want to support Black Lives Matter in order to make good faith attempts to advance the race/race related issues which the black community has with law enforcement. However, I have neither the sympathy nor the tolerance for anyone who can support an extremist group like this which advocates for the killing of cops, violence towards white people, and disruption of peaceful political assemblies.

Surely, any decent minded American understands that the relationship between black community and police department has almost always been strained. This strain has been highlighted more over the last 3-5 years due to some of the controversies caught on policecam/cell phone footage. The black community has a legitimate concern, as all Americans should have, in ensuring that law enforcement is lawfully enforcing the law. But as a whole, Black Lives Matter has routinely been at the center of controversy stemming from lawless criminal conduct. Black Lives Matter is hardly a noble and worthy cause in its current form. It lacks the requisite educated leadership which can bring a consistently lawful, intelligent, and more measured approach to advancing its cause, than what we have seen in the past from this group. It is a domestic terrorist group, and it has been under investigation from local law enforcement to the FBI.

The black community needs a bona fide association which can advance its causes in a way which more closely mirrors the late great MLK. Using peaceful protests, intellectual treatises, and tone specific speeches.

Then why not lead with this in your opposition to BLM, Advark? There is clearly common ground to be found here, but rather than focusing on the common ground, we seem to be offended by the thought of agreeing with the other side.

The organization does not condone violence or the killing of police.

Black Lives Matters mission statement:

"Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. It is an affirmation of Black folks’ contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression."

KKK's mission statement:

WE STAND FOR WHITE SUPREMACY.

Nazi Party's Mission:

http://www.americannaziparty.com/rockwell/materials/articles/stand.php

Absolutely in no way can you lump these organizations together.

Surely, any decent minded American understands that the relationship between black community and police department has almost always been strained. This strain has been highlighted more over the last 3-5 years due to some of the controversies caught on policecam/cell phone footage.

This has been common knowledge in black communities for years, and it is now (with the help of camera phones and social media) becoming public knowledge to everyone. If you think this has only started in the last 3-5 years you are sorely mistaken.

"Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. It is an affirmation of Black folks’ contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression."

KKK's mission statement:

Nazi Party's Mission:

GTFOH with that mission statement bullshit . don't give a shit what it says. I care about what people DO. I care about CONDUCT. i'm not interested in the thought police. They ADVOCATE for the killing of cops through their conduct! They MARCH in the streets and yell for the killing of cops. This is absolutely absurd and a disgraceful attempt to downplay their reprehensible conduct by referencing an effing mission statement. Free speech is not lawful speech when it is hate speech designed to incite lawlessness. Mission statements? lmao... Unreal.

Last edited:
Then why not lead with this in your opposition to BLM, Advark? There is clearly common ground to be found here, but rather than focusing on the common ground, we seem to be offended by the thought of agreeing with the other side.
Yes...and here is my comon ground. Protesting is as American as apple pie. Which is why i don't even mind the KKK protest. If their American, they can let their voices be heard. Regardless of if i agree or not. It's open carry gun laws the NRA promotes that definitely don't help.

But if they wish to PEACEFULLY protest then have at it.

If BLM decides to protest i have no issue either....but i dont care if it is BLM or. Racist a holes united. If they drive cars into the crowd i have major problems with that. I am not interested in what other protesters are doing. Only the people committing crimes.

GTFOH with that mission statement bullshit . don't give a SHIT what it says. I care about what people DO. They ADVOCATE for the killing of cops! They MARCH in the speech and yell for the killing of cops. Unreal.

No, they don't. Have you every actually been to a BLM protest or event?

Maybe we should lump all white Republicans into the Nazi/KKK category that marched on Charlottesville.

Reactions: canesrule21'ships

KKK's mission statement:

Nazi Party's Mission:

Yeah...you get rogue individuals associating themselves with BLM...but aren't associated with them. BLM is relatively new so they aren't as organized as they need to be....but their leaders are NOT preaching black supremacy. They protest the murder of blacks unnecessarily by cops.

Reactions: canesrule21'ships
That's not what I meant. In your first response to my post you made statements that showed some acknowledgment of poor relations between black communities and the police force. You mentioned the need for strong and concise leadership in African American communities. You said that they have a legitimate concern.

Point taken about free speech, that's obvious. But when you summarily dismiss these people who have legitimate concerns, as you say, then communication breaks down. You can be critical of their organization while still recognizing the problems that our society has.
I don't think that was me.

My post here was in regards to how much common ground i would find.

Yes...and here is my comon ground. Protesting is as American as apple pie. Which is why i don't even mind the KKK protest. If their American, they can let their voices be heard. Regardless of if i agree or not. It's open carry gun laws the NRA promotes that definitely don't help.

But if they wish to PEACEFULLY protest then have at it.

If BLM decides to protest i have no issue either....but i dont care if it is BLM or. Racist a holes united. If they drive cars into the crowd i have major problems with that. I am not interested in what other protesters are doing. Only the people committing crimes.

I agree with that to the extent that people need to know what constitutes lawful free speech and what doesn't constitute lawful free speech.

KKK's mission statement:

Nazi Party's Mission:

As Biden said in repudiating Trump bullshit. There is only one (right) side (in this debate).
8 months onto this Dumpster Fire racist incompetent administration and we have phcken Alt Right Nazis killing people in broad daylight. And on brink of nuclear war with another unstable unelected leader.

Obviously i would have absolutely loved if Tump initially came out (NOT ON TWITTER) live, like he actually gave a crap....stated condolences to the person/people and families that were needlessly killed first and foremost. I don't think there was mention. That in and of itself was just unacceptable.

Then talk about what we know. Then condemn the idea you want to rally against what the community fairly voted for. Agree or not. Then take a stand against these anti American groups. Because that's what they are. We fought and died to give them the freedom to protest....but that doesn't mean we accept their cause.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT