ADVERTISEMENT

Ran into a Russian guy used to own in my building, our news is so full of crap

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Guys a whale. He's an untouchable guy in Russia. From a small town near the Ural Mountains called UFA. Has business interests in Moscow of course. He is in the brick manufacturing business, construction, development, and other businesses. He had 5100 Sq Ft in my building which I sold for him at 3.7 mm. He bought a 10mm condo in Bal Harbour and sold that.
He is here for a few weeks and wanted to talk business. I asked the guy how's business in Russia with the American and European sanctions.
His answer: It's better there than here. Not kidding. He basically told me life is going on as always in Russia with some very minor inconvieniences.
When I brought up Ukraine he said it's not Russia it's just Putin.

I just couldn't get over the fact he said it's worse here than there and this guy has business interests in America and a son in University in Arizona. Said he couldn't believe the costs of everything here.

Guys a whale. He's an untouchable guy in Russia. From a small town near the Ural Mountains called UFA. Has business interests in Moscow of course. He is in the brick manufacturing business, construction, development, and other businesses. He had 5100 Sq Ft in my building which I sold for him at 3.7 mm. He bought a 10mm condo in Bal Harbour and sold that.
He is here for a few weeks and wanted to talk business. I asked the guy how's business in Russia with the American and European sanctions.
His answer: It's better there than here. Not kidding. He basically told me life is going on as always in Russia with some very minor inconvieniences.

I just couldn't get over the fact he said it's worse here than there and this guy has business interests in America and a son in University in Arizona. Said he couldn't believe the costs of everything here.
That's not the view of the CEO of the country's top bank who recently stated that economic curbs have cut the country off from half of its trade and that the economy may need a decade to return to pre-sanction levels.

Last edited:
That's not the view of the CEO of the country's top bank who recently stated that economic curbs have cut the country off from half of its trade and that the economy may need a decade to return to pre-sanction levels.
And the ruble is higher now than before the sanctions great job

Hey Mikey call these guys and tell them your right and they are wrong !!!!!!

How Russia Hurts the US Economy: Biden Mired in Stagflation Threat as Russia's Oil and Gas Revenue Soars

joe-biden-and-vladimir-putin.jpg

Last edited:
Russia doesn’t export anything other than natural resources. So long as there is a market for them , how are they hurt ?
The increase in world prices is helping them
Meanwhile our economy is in free fall , along with most of Europe’s. We inflicted pain on ourselves.

They can get most imports through China and India, including chips and medicines . That’s the way we roll too!
China and India have huge economies and are growing quickly. So are many other developing countries who are trading with Russia.
But we seem committed to funding an endless war that is helping to destroy our economy. Brandon was doing a good job of destruction prior to Ukraine, this just accelerated the catastrophe.

Russia doesn’t export anything other than natural resources. So long as there is a market for them , how are they hurt ?
The increase in world prices is helping them
Meanwhile our economy is in free fall , along with most of Europe’s. We inflicted pain on ourselves.

They can get most imports through China and India, including chips and medicines . That’s the way we roll too!
China and India have huge economies and are growing quickly. So are many other developing countries who are trading with Russia.
But we seem committed to funding an endless war that is helping to destroy our economy. Brandon was doing a good job of destruction prior to Ukraine, this just accelerated the catastrophe.
Energy intelligence estimates that Russian oil export flows have fallen by at least one-third-or some 2.5 million barrels per day as a result of financial and shipping sanctions, combined with a general reluctance among buyers to risk taking Russian cargoes

Energy intelligence estimates that Russian oil export flows have fallen by at least one-third-or some 2.5 million barrels per day as a result of financial and shipping sanctions, combined with a general reluctance among buyers to risk taking Russian cargoes
I don’t believe that .
But so what if it’s true
That just means that they can keep reserves in the ground to sell at a later date , likely for more. Oil doesn’t spoil . It’s a limited resource

Reactions: grbcane and mahb
I don’t believe that .
But so what if it’s true
That just means that they can keep reserves in the ground to sell at a later date , likely for more. Oil doesn’t spoil . It’s a limited resource

Stop making sense please.

There is no room for logic in this conversation apparently. Some people just want to believe everything they see and hear from the media... no matter what they're actually seeing with their own eyes.

Have heard just the opposite. Russia has been selling all the oil they can pump to Asia. China, India and Japan in particuliar. With the Brandon created crude oil price increases, Putin is making bank. Those countries are selling their stuff to Russia. Sad but true.

Have heard just the opposite. Russia has been selling all the oil they can pump to Asia. China, India and Japan in particuliar. With the Brandon created crude oil price increases, Putin is making bank. Those countries are selling their stuff to Russia. Sad but true.
The IEA's latest monthly report said Russia's overall exports of oil fell in May, but revenues nonetheless grew due to run-up in prices.

Reactions: zackbear

Russias economy, at its peak , is about the size of brazils. There currency is being artificially inflated, they have temporarily banned foreign investors from selling assets and there central bank has banned foreign currency sales. So if you really think it’s better there than here, i would like to sell you a Ski resort in the Bahamas.

Reactions: cems52 and zackbear
Just telling you what our conversation was like.

Reactions: central17
He did say he bailed out on a 200mm wheat plant. It Was the 1 area he was not comfortable with so that project was halted. He was just an investor in that project.

Russia supplies 40% of the natural gas used in Europe. Just wait until the Winter when Europe is in a deep freeze.
Those sanctions won't mean squat when they charge EU countries a 300% mark-up for the gas

Reactions: grbcane
The IEA tracks and analyzes global key energy trends and most scientists believe in the Wuhan bat theory. Since the la boratory began operating in 2018, no laboratory leaks or human infections have e ver happened. An expert panel performed detailed reviews and inspections of the lab in Wuhan and reached the conclusion that it is extremely unlikely that the virus originated from a laboratory.

Russia supplies 40% of the natural gas used in Europe. Just wait until the Winter when Europe is in a deep freeze.
Those sanctions won't mean squat when they charge EU countries a 300% mark-up for the gas

We're already seen that winter since Russia invaded Ukraine in the winter time and immediately had sanctions slapped on them. For next winter, the EU have already take steps to diversify away from Russian energy, so there goes that theory.

Reactions: cems52
We're already seen that winter since Russia invaded Ukraine in the winter time and immediately had sanctions slapped on them. For next winter, the EU have already take steps to diversify away from Russian energy, so there goes that theory.
Reading is not a strong point of these fellas on the right.

Lol...lol
Lol...lol

Reactions: Raoul2
Sanctions were designed to STOP Russia and Putin Now! No wait it was explained Biden misspoke, The Sanctions are designed to Destroy their Economy over the long haul, which is Worse, so you'll see Putin, his friends and The Russian Economy on a catastrophic downward trend from NOW ON ! Biden means Business!!

ahhhhhhhh yha YET ANOTHER FAILURE.

-Ukraine is LOST, they didn't get the help they asked for WHEN THEY NEEDED IT.
-The Economic Sanctions were ALL for Show from the Beginning, as The Main Russian Banks WERE NEVER SANCTIONED

Chew on that a second. Putin is Richer than EVER and WILL BE GETTING RICHER from here on out the BIDEN Presidency.

Russia if it gets away with invading Ukraine won't stop there unless they get rid of Putin and install someone more rational. People minimizing this are ignorant.

Reactions: gregorysean
Russias economy, at its peak , is about the size of brazils. There currency is being artificially inflated, they have temporarily banned foreign investors from selling assets and there central bank has banned foreign currency sales. So if you really think it’s better there than here, i would like to sell you a Ski resort in the Bahamas.
Take your green binders off Russia may have a small economy but they produce big percentages of energy and food minerals and all that stuff you got to have and all Biden and the EU did was find Putins war

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT