ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans vs democrats

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
When you think about it. It’s kind of like a bad divorce where the dems are the mom and the repubs are the dad or visa versa and the voters are the kids. Nothing worse than the parent that gives the kids everything they want in a pathetic attempt to win over their kids love at the expense of their well being. That’s the dems. No matter what policies Trump puts in place the dems will fight against it because they don’t give a shit about what’s best for the kids/this country and just want the love. It’s like the parent that buys their 13 year old play boys because he wants them and scoffs at the other parent for making their other kid cry because they said they can’t eat ice cream before every meal.

The funny thing is that not every state is that bratty kid trying to play their parents against each other and thank god for the electoral college. People in california and new york (a massive part of the popular vote) are the epitome of the bratty kid analogy. Just because they’re the loudest most obnoxious vote doesn’t mean they’re the electoral majority that very much cares about what happens in this country. Sometimes you just have to do what’s best for your kids/business/country even if it makes people unhappy in the short term. A perfect example of this being the trade war with china. It’s hurts business here in the short term but helps in the long term and would further crush us if we just kept going along with the obama biden short term policies that further left us relying on an adversary for us to function. Another example being trump enforcing obamas border policies. All the sudden when Trump and the right try and do what they both agreed was the right thing to do, now the left is saying it’s wrong. I could go on and on.

the only thing biden has to hang his hat on going into this election is that he’ll basically fill the role of the parent that’ll give everyone what ever they want. Problem is that even a lot of dems are wising up to the fact that it’s not that easy and that he’s a Total fraud that just wants to be elected with zero intention of doing anything of significance. I don’t see dems changing their minds about trump but i do see a lot of them in the key electoral battle grounds not being motivated enough to show up and vote for him.

Trump on the other hand... you better believe that every single person that voted for him the last time will vote for him again and that a lot of those people that were on the fence will jump on the band wagon.

Last edited:
When you think about it. It’s kind of like a bad divorce where the dems are the mom and the repubs are the dad or visa versa and the voters are the kids. Nothing worse than the parent that gives the kids everything they want in a pathetic attempt to win over their kids love at the expense of their well being. That’s the dems. No matter what policies Trump puts in place the dems will fight against it because they don’t give a shit about what’s best for the kids/this country and just want the love. It’s like the parent that buys their 13 year old play boys because he wants them and scoffs at the other parent for making their other kid cry because they said they can’t eat ice cream before every meal.

The funny thing is that not every state is that bratty kid trying to play their parents against each other and thank god for the electoral college. People in california and new york (a massive part of the popular vote) are the epitome of the bratty kid analogy. Just because they’re the loudest most obnoxious vote doesn’t mean they’re the electoral majority that very much cares about what happens in this country. Sometimes you just have to do what’s best for your kids/business/country even if it makes people unhappy in the short term. A perfect example of this being the trade war with china. It’s hurts business here in the short term but helps in the long term and would further crush us if we just kept going along with the obama biden short term policies that further left us relying on an adversary for us to function. Another example being trump enforcing obamas border policies. All the sudden when Trump and the right try and do what they both agreed was the right thing to do, now the left is saying it’s wrong. I could go on and on.

the only thing biden has to hang his hat on going into this election is that he’ll basically fill the role of the parent that’ll give everyone what ever they want. Problem is that even a lot of dems are wising up to the fact that it’s not that easy and that he’s a Total fraud that just wants to be elected with zero intention of doing anything of significance. I don’t see dems changing their minds about trump but i do see a lot of them in the key electoral battle grounds not being motivated enough to show up and vote for him.

Trump on the other hand... you better believe that every single person that voted for him the last time will vote for him again and that a lot of those people that were on the fence will jump on the band wagon.

No way Biden wins this election IMO, if he is in the White House it is because people are just tired of Trump and his bs. Trump fatigue is very real so I don’t think everyone who voted for trump will vote for him again automatically. His supporters will no matter what, now If Economy is good and he keeps dealing with China well then yes Then people on the fence probably will.

When you think about it. It’s kind of like a bad divorce where the dems are the mom and the repubs are the dad or visa versa and the voters are the kids. Nothing worse than the parent that gives the kids everything they want in a pathetic attempt to win over their kids love at the expense of their well being. That’s the dems. No matter what policies Trump puts in place the dems will fight against it because they don’t give a shit about what’s best for the kids/this country and just want the love. It’s like the parent that buys their 13 year old play boys because he wants them and scoffs at the other parent for making their other kid cry because they said they can’t eat ice cream before

Good analogy but you might have missed two major players in the divorce. The lawyers and the court ( Judge ). The press represents this part of the equation. The wife has the best lawyer money can buy and the husband has a lawyer handling his first case. The Judge is represented by the MSM management and editors. Judge doesn’t make wife’s lawyer be fair and doesn’t ask questions when lawyer is obviously not being fair. These two can make for an ugly outcome of the divorce. Bitterness stays forever and never heals.

Some of my best friends are Democrats. I also "have lots of black friends".

More people are tired of Trump's rhetoric than you realize. The silent majority is a real force but more and more of them are becoming disenfranchised with Trump. Biden can definitely fumble along the way but as long as he doesn't deviate from what he's doing now it's a wrap(saying the minimum and seeming to be the more sane character) . Im not a Democrat or Republican. But I deal with both and it's not looking good for Trump.

No way Biden wins this election IMO, if he is in the White House it is because people are just tired of Trump and his bs. Trump fatigue is very real so I don’t think everyone who voted for trump will vote for him again automatically. His supporters will no matter what, now If Economy is good and he keeps dealing with China well then yes Then people on the fence probably will.
They will only because of the lefts antics. If the left had just shut up for his term and not pulled all this bullsh-t scams then they’d probably still lose but it would’ve been closer.

Since Trumps been in office the Dems have create a fake collusion story, impeached a president only to get laughed at because it was so stupid, shut down the entire US economy over a virus that was the equivalent to the flu, perpetrated fraud reporting fake numbers all under the guise of scientific mistakes, and they’re still doing it. It’s like their parents never told them no when they were a child.

Its actually the opposite. While his redneck base may vote for him, the independents that actually helped elect him in 16 have long since jumped off, and anyone on the fence is currently leaning towards Biden.

Last edited:
More people are tired of Trump's rhetoric than you realize. The silent majority is a real force but more and more of them are becoming disenfranchised with Trump. Biden can definitely fumble along the way but as long as he doesn't deviate from what he's doing now it's a wrap(saying the minimum and seeming to be the more sane character) . Im not a Democrat or Republican. But I deal with both and it's not looking good for Trump.
The silent majority is NOT becoming disenfranchised with Trump... if someone is feeling disenfranchised by Trump, then they were never part of the silent majority

The silent majority is NOT becoming disenfranchised with Trump... if someone is feeling disenfranchised by Trump, then they were never part of the silent majority

If you say so. A guy I train dogs with and is former military has a bunch of DoD buddies that visit all the time. The way they talk now vs when Trump first got in is night and day. These are white men 40-60 and been Republicans before birth. Only thing they dislike more than Obama is Hillary. And not one is voting for him. It's funny watching the conversations. It's like offering someone the choice between jumping in a vat of acid that'll kill you or a vat of fire that'll kill you. They love his policies but hate him as a man and what he stands for. Just giving you a different perspective. November is fast approaching and we'll see how it plays out.

If you say so. A guy I train dogs with and is former military has a bunch of DoD buddies that visit all the time. The way they talk now vs when Trump first got in is night and day. These are white men 40-60 and been Republicans before birth. Only thing they dislike more than Obama is Hillary. And not one is voting for him. It's funny watching the conversations. It's like offering someone the choice between jumping in a vat of acid that'll kill you or a vat of fire that'll kill you. They love his policies but hate him as a man and what he stands for. Just giving you a different perspective. November is fast approaching and we'll see how it plays out.
These are the silent Trump voters out there...so a bunch of DoD Republican guys love Trump's policies, but don't "like" the man...so you think they will like Sleepy Joe (or his female VP) candidate more as a man/women? I don't buy it...perfect silent trump voters...

These are the silent Trump voters out there...so a bunch of DoD Republican guys love Trump's policies, but don't "like" the man...so you think they will like Sleepy Joe (or his female VP) candidate more as a man/women? I don't buy it...perfect silent trump voters...

You obviously missed the reference of them having to choose between Biden and Trump. These are veterans who have served this country in war.I never saw war when I was enlisted but these guys have. Most military veterans I know don't like Trump. If the ones you do then that's great. But most that I know, train dogs with and converse don't like him. Like I said the only thing these guys hate more than Obama is Hillary. And Trump has disenfranchised the hell out of these guys.

DoD buddies aka swampmen

DoD buddies aka swampmen

Nah,more like served directly under General Petraeus as a security detail **** boy. You can take all the shots and make all the comments you want but keep all references to these men respectful. They've given more than you or I ever will to and for this country.

Reactions: JusticeCanes
Nah,more like served directly under General Petraeus as a security detail **** boy. You can take all the shots and make all the comments you want but keep all references to these men respectful. They've given more than you or I ever will to and for this country.
Curious to know why exactly they feel disenfranchised? What are their reasons? Because friend, he has DELIVERED for the silent majority BIGLY.. if they feel disenfranchised, it must be for swamp reasons.. Trump is no friend of the swamp

All Trump voters i know will ABSOLUTELY vote for him again.. in fact, i actually know a few ppl that voted for Obama and Hillary that will ABSOLUTELY be voting for him this year... THEY are the ones who feel disenfranchised...

Dipshit

Reactions: grbcane
Curious to know why exactly they feel disenfranchised? What are their reasons? Because friend, he has DELIVERED for the silent majority BIGLY.. if they feel disenfranchised, it must be for swamp reasons.. Trump is no friend of the swamp

All Trump voters i know will ABSOLUTELY vote for him again.. in fact, i actually know a few ppl that voted for Obama and Hillary that will ABSOLUTELY be voting for him this year... THEY are the ones who feel disenfranchised...

Dipshit

Lol, get out your feelings ma'am. Just because they don't respect him as a man doesn't make them swamp men or anything else. They simply don't like him as a man or what he stands for. They've earned that right more so than most. I voted for Trump but wont be this time. I'll write someone in. And I'll be a dipshit and whatever else you can conjure up ma'am. Have a great day

You obviously missed the reference of them having to choose between Biden and Trump. These are veterans who have served this country in war.I never saw war when I was enlisted but these guys have. Most military veterans I know don't like Trump. If the ones you do then that's great. But most that I know, train dogs with and converse don't like him. Like I said the only thing these guys hate more than Obama is Hillary. And Trump has disenfranchised the hell out of these guys.
I currently reside in a very heavily populated military city active and retired...I haven't met one yet, who isn't a huge president Trump supporter.

On November 3rd...those same guys will vote for Donald Trump's re-election...book it.

I currently reside in a very heavily populated military city active and retired...I haven't met one yet, who isn't a huge president Trump supporter.

On November 3rd...those same guys will vote for Donald Trump's re-election...book it.

Thanks for different perspective. I don't think Trump gets back in but could be wrong. Either way life goes on whether it's him or sleepy/creepy Joe. I'll adapt and tailor my business models to whoever it is. If a person knows what to do and isn't a slave to an ideology its always a winnable situation monetarily available.

Reactions: canekey

What aging retirees think about him may not be what active duty troops think. I interact with active duty folks in a daily basis and they seem split down the middle on Trump (which is not a good thing given that Republican Presidents usually fare well with military folks).

The polling also backs this up

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...ppy-with-trump-new-military-times-poll-shows/

AqcmN47.png

Its actually the opposite. While his redneck base may vote for him, the independents that actually helped elect him in 16 have long since jumped off, and anyone on the fence is currently leaning towards Biden.

Are you seriously still using polls to speculate presidential out comes? Lol, silly dems never learn.

Reactions: grbcane
Are you seriously still using polls to speculate presidential out comes? Lol, silly dems never learn.

We've been through this song and dance before. Polls are almost always correct. Even in 2016.

I don’t get the references to the “silent majority”. No doubt in the 2016 election there were silent Trump supporters who were not accurately counted by the pollsters. Now, however:

*Trump supporters were not and are not a “majority.” Hillary had 3 million+ voters than Trump. He won (fairly) due to the Electoral College. With a minority of the electorate he won.

*Since the election, Trump has never received a favorable rating of over 50%. Never. He has the support of the minority of the population.

*Trump supporters are not “silent.” The most frequent and passionate posters on this board (you know who you are) support Trump...loudly. Similarly, Trump supporters love rallies (other than Tulsa) and proudly wear MAGA hats and related outfits. They are not silent.

There is no “silent majority.” Fake news.

That's strange because all the Generals call him incompetent!

I don’t get the references to the “silent majority”. No doubt in the 2016 election there were silent Trump supporters who were not accurately counted by the pollsters. Now, however:

*Trump supporters were not and are not a “majority.” Hillary had 3 million+ voters than Trump. He won (fairly) due to the Electoral College. With a minority of the electorate he won.

*Since the election, Trump has never received a favorable rating of over 50%. Never. He has the support of the minority of the population.

*Trump supporters are not “silent.” The most frequent and passionate posters on this board (you know who you are) support Trump...loudly. Similarly, Trump supporters love rallies (other than Tulsa) and proudly wear MAGA hats and related outfits. They are not silent.

There is no “silent majority.” Fake news.

Its just another made up thing by Trump to deflect the opposite of what is actually true.

- There is no silent majority

- The Swamp are actually the business cronies who support Trump

- Fake News is actually a term meant to distract everyone from the fact that Trump lies on a regular basis

- Trump Derangement Syndrome is actually a term to deflect from how how deranged his own koolaid drinking supporters are in their undying support for him.

The list goes on.

My comment is based on facts from those active and retired military who I call friends and acquaintances, which are many. All Trump 2020!
Mattis, Kelly, Allen, Mullen, Myers, Dempsey, Perry, McRaven, Stavredis, Thomas, Hayden, Carter and Hagel are all prominent military leaders who have denounced Trump!

They will only because of the lefts antics. If the left had just shut up for his term and not pulled all this bullsh-t scams then they’d probably still lose but it would’ve been closer.

I agree the far left has done some stuff but Trump isn’t the brightest bulb in the box and he pisses off a lot of people. Other than his base of course. People deal with his dumb stuff when economy is good and things going well. He has messed up plenty for those on the fence to go the other way this time. Again Biden isn’t winning this thing if trump loses it’s his own fault with some help from the far left IMO.

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT