ADVERTISEMENT

Roe v Wade is over turned

When asked, "Do you think abortion should be legal?" most Americans say "yes"

But when the second question asked is "Do you think there should be limits on abortion?" most Americans say "yes" again

I think abortion should be a state's rights issue. And now it is.
I think many think like me. It's abhorent but if the decision is to abort it should be made quickly. This is for normal unwanted pregnancies not unusual circumstances.

Reactions: zackbear
Biden just said about a hour ago that abortion is a constitutional right so anybody that says that is implying it is part of the constitution now or is flat out lying.
For many, the constitution has a lot of implicit meaning written within it. I for one agree with that. However, many on the right like Scalia, are Originalists. They believe the constitution should be interpreted based on the meaning of words at that time and not deviate. Not saying that is wrong but I feel the constitution is flexible to accommodate the change in attitudes and morales. That's why we have the 19th amendment. Prior to that time nothing in the constitution mentioned a woman's right to vote. The same can be said about a woman's right to decide if she wants to have a child. This is what Biden is speaking about.

The democrats have never wanted to codify roe . They’ve had numerous opportunities where they had a super majority in the senate and majority in the house and held the presidency. Why didn’t they pass a bill and put it to rest ? Because they want the issue to politicize. Just like the boarder.
also leaving it as is allowed them to have abortion on demand far beyond what most countries allow. Their despicable act like they care . This issue has been a constant fight for 50 years since Roe which was not in the courts purview. Time for a “ real discussion “ on going forward.

Abortion rates are down 20% over the last decade because of things like the morning after pill.
STD's however are up.
There are now much better birth control devices than when Roe became the law of the land in 1973. There really are no good reasons for an unwanted pregnancy today.

Carelessness is not an excuse nor is lack of responsibility.

My views are that a women should have a choice but it should not be a "free for all."
Meaning you wake up, your pregnant because you made a mistake there should be a reasonable amount of time to make up your mind. Not dilly dally around because SCIENCE tells us there really is a baby in there.
I also think woman should be presented options to abortion like adoption. In this country it is so hard to adopt a baby and that should be made easier.
So some regulations but not wiping out abortion.
I also know that it is much more accepted to buy contraceptives then when I was a kid and we have morning after pills and other items like that.
I also believe that if the moms life is truly in danger, her life should be spared as she has already developed relationships and family etc..... but this is not common. Nor is rape / incest. I know it happens but rare.

You realize most European nations have limits on abortion like 12-15 weeks?
That's my feelings.
Not sure I'm clear on your stance on rape and incest? I for one feel a woman should not be forced to have a child under those circumstances.

Not sure I'm clear on your stance on rape and incest? I for one feel a woman should not be forced to have a child under those circumstances.
Me either but that's very rare.

I see getting into an intellectual discussion with you on this issue will not happen.
I stated a fact.
There is no law by congress no amendment to the constitution, so it ain't there man.
What is unintellectual about that?
You can't enforce an UNWRITTEN LAW.

I hate political talk on this sitr, but for all you who claim that abortion isn't in the constitution and therefore shouldn't be the law of the land are you really so naive, did you read Thomas's concurrence, neither is gay marriage, right to privacy, inter racial marriage, etc. Did you not read Thomas's concurrence he gave away the game plan, do think that is going to stop at abortion, and please stop with the rhetoric of states choice I get your all Trumpers but please

I hate political talk on this sitr, but for all you who claim that abortion isn't in the constitution and therefore shouldn't be the law of the land are you really so naive, did you read Thomas's concurrence, neither is gay marriage, right to privacy, inter racial marriage, etc. Did you not read Thomas's concurrence he gave away the game plan, do think that is going to stop at abortion, and please stop with the rhetoric of states choice I get your all Trumpers but please
Do your homework justice Thomas is married to a white woman . And study civics we are a nation of states with individual states rights.

Last edited:
For many, the constitution has a lot of implicit meaning written within it. I for one agree with that. However, many on the right like Scalia, are Originalists. They believe the constitution should be interpreted based on the meaning of words at that time and not deviate. Not saying that is wrong but I feel the constitution is flexible to accommodate the change in attitudes and morales. That's why we have the 19th amendment. Prior to that time nothing in the constitution mentioned a woman's right to vote. The same can be said about a woman's right to decide if she wants to have a child. This is what Biden is speaking about.
The constitution is flexible. There is a constitutional amendment process. Legislatures on both side have not had the moral courage to go through the designed procedures. Which is why the idea of an activist court "finding" something not in writing is so dangerous. That is third world stuff.

I know he is it is ironic; my point is those rights, Separate but equal, gay marriage, sodomy, Inter - racial marriage, right to privacy, Miranda etc. are not in the constitution, but courts have viewed them as rights under the due process clause of the constitution, this ruling will begin a slippery slope, and no one know where it will end

Prepare yourself for riots, mayhem, and nonsense.

If your State wants to have abortions unlimited they will still be able to. So don't start that nonsense.

I have previously expressed my own personal views on abortion I am merely posting the news.

Boy I haven't seen Democrats this mad... since Abe Lincoln abolished slavery...

Or....

Joe Biden...

Personally I would accept a state law which severely restricts abortion. The time limit would have to be narrow . Like the one in Mississippi which was the subject of the lawsuit
I would also support a rape and invest exception within a reasonable period.
But those issues need to be debated at the state legislative level .
Roe was way out there as far as establishing a constitutional basis off some “ prenumbra “ of rights granted under the substantive due process provisions. Just made up stuff . Nonsense really
The case merely sends the deliberative process back to the states where the political democratic process can properly address the question

Reactions: central17
The democrats have never wanted to codify roe . They’ve had numerous opportunities where they had a super majority in the senate and majority in the house and held the presidency. Why didn’t they pass a bill and put it to rest ? Because they want the issue to politicize. Just like the boarder.
also leaving it as is allowed them to have abortion on demand far beyond what most countries allow. Their despicable act like they care . This issue has been a constant fight for 50 years since Roe which was not in the courts purview. Time for a “ real discussion “ on going forward.
you cannot pass an abortion bill unless you have 60% of the Senate. When did they have that?

Such simple minded people. I mean like... REALLY dumb people that jump at the opportunity to share how stoopid they really are.

As HJC perfectly stated... all they did was overturn the court ruling and put it on the States individually to determine what they feel is best for their residents.

Now... liberals can exercise their freedom to MOVE their sorry asses to whatever state they want to that will allow them to abort as many babies as they want to.

The rest of us can live in a normal world.
"Simple Minded" and "Alyssa Milano" are perfect for each other in the same sentence.

Oh. And she used to have the FINEST ASS when she was young.

Less than one percent of cases.
you cannot pass an abortion bill unless you have 60% of the Senate. When did they have that?
Obama first term for a short period of time plus there was handful of pro choice republicans in the senate. If democrats wanted a law they could have had one but it wouldn’t be as far reaching as they wanted. They can’t stand compromising and they always want the issue for political reasons

Kinda of stupid the protest in California and Newyork they have abortion till birth

Reactions: Tiv
Not sure why you keep bringing up how rarely rape cases happen. You either for that exception or not. Stop being wishy/washy.
What the he’ll are you talking about?

I just pointed out that rape and incest only account for less than one percent of cases.

Regardless of percentages, how would you like to be a victim of rape or incest and have to bear the child of your perpetrator?

You know what that’s really a question that only someone in that situation can answer. All you and I can do is imagine. Remember that child is half of the mother. And to just think all women would elect to abort a child understandable so in that circumstance is wrong. There’s a lot of woman who have carried to term and the birth of that child was actually a healing for them. I know of a few people that are results of rape carried to term that have been some amazing people. James Robison who you use to see on informercials for feeding children in Africa was the result of his mother being raped. He’s saved millions of children from starvation over the years . I know that’s not the case for everyone. But understandably after being raped and find out your pregnant would be horrifying at first . But making a decision to terminate a life that is half you Can be horrifying for the rest of their life also . I think those women need to be not encouraged one way or the other but should be counseled on that decision. You want a waiting period on buying a gun what about a waiting period to terminate a life offer all the care and counseling necessary explain the 3 basic options. Terminate a life that’s half you , carry to birth and give up for adoption. Or maybe the mom who decides to maybe carry to term for adoption can make a birth day decision she wants her baby. Time and babies can heal a lot of wounds my friend. Abortion isn’t being outlawed it’s going to go to both extremes in some states. Just like everything else and the citizens will vote and decide what they want. The politicians in Washington need to go to work and quit demanding all or nothing.

You know what that’s really a question that only someone in that situation can answer. All you and I can do is imagine. Remember that child is half of the mother. And to just think all women would elect to abort a child understandable so in that circumstance is wrong. There’s a lot of woman who have carried to term and the birth of that child was actually a healing for them. I know of a few people that are results of rape carried to term that have been some amazing people. James Robison who you use to see on informercials for feeding children in Africa was the result of his mother being raped. He’s saved millions of children from starvation over the years . I know that’s not the case for everyone. But understandably after being raped and find out your pregnant would be horrifying at first . But making a decision to terminate a life that is half you Can be horrifying for the rest of their life also . I think those women need to be not encouraged one way or the other but should be counseled on that decision. You want a waiting period on buying a gun what about a waiting period to terminate a life offer all the care and counseling necessary explain the 3 basic options. Terminate a life that’s half you , carry to birth and give up for adoption. Or maybe the mom who decides to maybe carry to term for adoption can make a birth day decision she wants her baby. Time and babies can heal a lot of wounds my friend. Abortion isn’t being outlawed it’s going to go to both extremes in some states. Just like everything else and the citizens will vote and decide what they want. The politicians in Washington need to go to work and quit demanding all or nothing.
The issue isn't how well these kids turn out but instead what does the mother want to do. It's her decision not a politician. As for you assuming these victims don't receive counseling before an abortion, you're wrong. They do.

The issue isn't how well these kids turn out but instead what does the mother want to do. It's her decision not a politician. As for you assuming these victims don't receive counseling before an abortion, you're wrong. They do.
It’s “her” decision? I thought men could have babies too.
Lol they receive counseling? A pro-life group wanted to put up literature etc to explain to a woman that abortion isn’t the only solution. They were shot down. There is no “Choice” in Pro Choice.
I’m pro-choice up to 4 months. Unless there’s danger to mother or severe handicapped fetus. But otherwise if you ain’t figured it out by then… tough.
The funny thing is the US position is much more liberal than most European countries and you don’t hear them bitchin.

It’s “her” decision? I thought men could have babies too.
Lol they receive counseling? A pro-life group wanted to put up literature etc to explain to a woman that abortion isn’t the only solution. They were shot down. There is no “Choice” in Pro Choice.
I’m pro-choice up to 4 months. Unless there’s danger to mother or severe handicapped fetus. But otherwise if you ain’t figured it out by then… tough.
The funny thing is the US position is much more liberal than most European countries and you don’t hear them bitchin.
As I said "with some reasonable regulations." I think many State policies will look like that.
Some will be harsh
Some will be a near free for all. (California, NY, NJ, etc...)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT