ADVERTISEMENT

Roe v Wade is over turned

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

You must have me confused.

I'm standing on a hypocritical soap box... I leave that to Democrats since they are the experts there.

I'm talking about LAW and Constitutional rights. There is NO Constitutional right for abortion.

There also is no BAN on abortion either.

So... Left Wing idiots are rioting and protesting for NOTHING. Absolutely N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

Nothings has changed. Abortion is still LEGAL. It's now upto the States to decide what they see best for their residents.

Freedom! It's a beautiful thing.
Last I checked the title of the thread is Roe v Wade is overturned. Barrett, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Thomas caved in to the demands of Evangelicals , who give mega bucks to the GOP.
Hypocrisy??? The supreme court took away the rights of women to choose but gave the Evangelicals and anti abortion folks the green light. Keep religion out of politics; the supreme court failed big time. GOP leaders did the bidding.
The supreme court overturned the rights of women.
Left wing riots??? There are anti abortion groups harassing and threatening staffs at abortion clinics.
You're confused???? Is today your 1st day on the message boards????

Reactions: cems52
You didn't address any of my points. As you may or may not know, abortion was ruled legal based on the due process clause of the 14th amendment. The recent court decision nullified Roe v Wade indicating the original decision by the court was in error based on their incorrect interpretation of the due process clause in the 14th amendment.

The same interpretation is used today to justify same sex marriages, birth control and interracial marriages. Justice Thomas in his opinion, argued the Court should reexamine other rights such as same sex marriages and birth control. He conveniently didn't mention interracial marriage due to his own marital situation.
What is due process of law and why is it important?

The due process right, established by the Fourteenth Amendment, guarantees that the government cannot take a person's basic rights to “life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.” The due process right is designed to protect citizens from actions taken by state government, counties, towns, and cities.

Cems you are doing that LEFTIST thing where a decision or policy is made and then you run around freaking out about all sorts of other things that have nothing to do with the issue at hand. It's a bit crazy.
The Supreme Court said that the right to marry is fundamental — and Kennedy wrote that under the 14th Amendment's protections, "couples of the same-sex may not be deprived of that right and that liberty."

In his dissent, Roberts wrote that the court had taken an "extraordinary step" in deciding not to allow states to decide the issue for themselves, saying that the Constitution does not define marriage.

Calling the ruling "deeply disheartening," Roberts said that those on the winning side of the issue should celebrate a victory — "But do not celebrate the Constitution," he wrote. "It had nothing to do with it."

What is the point here in a nutshell?
The point is that the Court DOES NOT MAKE LAWS!

You understand that right?
Ask yourself this question: Why has Congress NOT passed laws on these topics? Its dereliction of duty if you ask me and both parties are at fault.

All the Conservative Justices really said was that absent a Federal Law these issues should be decided within each State. Nothing more.

Reactions: central17
And all of the Justices appointed by Trump said, Roe v Wade was settled law. They all lied.
No they did what every Supreme Court nominee does. They agreed it was precedent but they also said cases continue to show up. A case that shows up is a case to be decided.

In this case does Mississippi have the authority to lower the time frame for an abortion to 15 weeks?
That time frame would be DIFFERENT than NY, different than California, different from many States.
Without a Federal Law how can the Supreme Court decide that? You think the Supreme Court makes different laws for different States?

Learn the system man!

No they did what every Supreme Court nominee does. They agreed it was precedent but they also said cases continue to show up. A case that shows up is a case to be decided.

In this case does Mississippi have the authority to lower the time frame for an abortion to 15 weeks?
That time frame would be DIFFERENT than NY, different than California, different from many States.
Without a Federal Law how can the Supreme Court decide that? You think the Supreme Court makes different laws for different States?

Learn the system man!
Learn the system? Lets start with Republicans following the law. No more fake electors or inciting an insurrection.

What is due process of law and why is it important?

The due process right, established by the Fourteenth Amendment, guarantees that the government cannot take a person's basic rights to “life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.” The due process right is designed to protect citizens from actions taken by state government, counties, towns, and cities.

Cems you are doing that LEFTIST thing where a decision or policy is made and then you run around freaking out about all sorts of other things that have nothing to do with the issue at hand. It's a bit crazy.
The Supreme Court said that the right to marry is fundamental — and Kennedy wrote that under the 14th Amendment's protections, "couples of the same-sex may not be deprived of that right and that liberty."

In his dissent, Roberts wrote that the court had taken an "extraordinary step" in deciding not to allow states to decide the issue for themselves, saying that the Constitution does not define marriage.

Calling the ruling "deeply disheartening," Roberts said that those on the winning side of the issue should celebrate a victory — "But do not celebrate the Constitution," he wrote. "It had nothing to do with it."

What is the point here in a nutshell?
The point is that the Court DOES NOT MAKE LAWS!

You understand that right?
Ask yourself this question: Why has Congress NOT passed laws on these topics? Its dereliction of duty if you ask me and both parties are at fault.

All the Conservative Justices really said was that absent a Federal Law these issues should be decided within each State. Nothing more.
Justice Thomas thinks differently. Take a look.

"Clarence Thomas isn’t kidding – Harvard Gazette" https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2022/06/clarence-thomas-isnt-kidding/

Last I checked the title of the thread is Roe v Wade is overturned. Barrett, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Thomas caved in to the demands of Evangelicals , who give mega bucks to the GOP.
Hypocrisy??? The supreme court took away the rights of women to choose but gave the Evangelicals and anti abortion folks the green light. Keep religion out of politics; the supreme court failed big time. GOP leaders did the bidding.
Left wing riots??? There are anti abortion groups harassing and threatening staffs at abortion clinics.
You schooled that fool. I especially liked this line.

"You're confused???? Is today your 1st day on the message boards??"

Good stuff!!

This is the problem.

"The supreme court took away the rights of women to choose"

"The supreme court overturned the rights of women."

The hysteria and hypocrisy that is being slandered by The Left is disgusting. Talk about undermining the law, constitution and the justice system! The Supreme Court ruled just 6 short years ago that "Love is Love" and the Left celebrated the rights of gay couples to now be married.

But now that something went against the liberal agenda... the SCOTUS is evil?? Hypocrisy at its definition.

Please show me where the constitutional right to abort is located. Please show me where in the constitution it says "women have the right to choose if they want to be pregnant or not"

Your talking points are the fear factor smear campaign tactics that Liberals are spreading. THE "WOMENS RIGHTS" YOU ARE REFERENCING DO NOT EXIST. The Supreme Court did NOTHING but overturn a controversial decision and remove the precedent that was improperly set on a Federal level almost 50 years ago.

The Supreme Court has now given the individual Sates the responsibility to determine what kind of rules they want to put in place for their residents.

Residents of those states can now make a life decision that falls in line with their beliefs. Women who want to have massive amounts of unprotected sex and abort dozens of lives freely can choose to live in California, or New York, or Illinois or any of the other states that place very little value on lives, accountability and responsibility. They can live among other like-minded people that share those values (or lack thereof).

Those that wish to NOT live in those kind of states among those kind of people that have little to no regard for human life, accountability and responsibility can choose to move as well, as so many are currently doing as we speak about this.

So yeah., I'm confused as to just where the problem is. There isnt one... except that the leftist babies didn't get their way and are now throwing a temper tantrum. Like my 4-year old son does. And like my 4-year old... they just need a swift kick in the ass and a lesson in the way of the world.

You don't always get your way. Deal with it and move the f#ck on.

And all of the Justices appointed by Trump said, Roe v Wade was settled law. They all lied.
They ALL lie. For 90 years liberal Justices ruled SCOTUS. Now that conservative Justices hold the majority you and Left are having a complete meltdown. Too bad.

Reactions: HJCane
@Tiv @rkrantz @HJCane @central17 @ddimaggio "The unborn are a convenient group to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted or the chronically poor; they dont resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows , they dont ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans ; they dont need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they dont bring all that racial , cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them , because they cease to be unborn. You can love the unborn, and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power or privilege, without reimagining social structures. apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus , but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick, The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.
Written by Methodist Pastor David Barnhart
That pastor is badly mistaken. I donate to Catholic Charities and other groups who help all the groups you mentioned except illegal immigrants. That's because the federal gov't takes care of them.

My friends and I also donate to pro life centers who help single women who chose to not have abortions and gave birth. They are supported both emotionally and financially and taught how to be responsible moms.

Many of these pro life centers were viciously attacked this past weekend. And the Biden Administration did nothing to stop these attacks. That's where the Left in this country is today. They believe in violence to achieve their means.

But as a result, some states have banned abortion. These states had trigger laws that automatically banned abortion when the Supreme Court nullified Roe v Wade. Take a look.

"These states have outlawed abortion now that Roe v. Wade is overturned - The Washington Post" https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/24/abortion-state-laws-criminalization-roe/
Yes some of these states did ban abortion because the majority of the people in these states wanted abortion banned. Remember that we live in a republic by the people, from the people and for the people.

However if the thinking of these people evolve then they will elect state representatives which will introduce far more lenient abortion laws. This is called democracy.

They ALL lie. For 90 years liberal Justices ruled SCOTUS. Now that conservative Justices hold the majority you and Left are having a complete meltdown. Too bad.
tiv,

I remember the left leaning courts of the 1960 and 70s. No doubt about it. I also remember that the conservative protests against those courts were that they were “activist” courts overly anxious to overturn precedent and create new law. Is that your memory as well?

Now that the SCOTUS is conservative, they themselves have become “activists” rather than umpires just calling balls and strikes. The recent decisions on abortion, guns and religion point to a very “activist” Conservative agenda. Justice Thomas’ concurring opinion opens up avenues of even more aggressively active action against gay rights, contraception, etc.

I can only conclude that the protests against activist courts was a ruse. People want activist courts if those courts agree with their political ideology!

tiv,

I remember the left leaning courts of the 1960 and 70s. No doubt about it. I also remember that the conservative protests against those courts were that they were “activist” courts overly anxious to overturn precedent and create new law. Is that your memory as well?

Now that the SCOTUS is conservative, they themselves have become “activists” rather than umpires just calling balls and strikes. The recent decisions on abortion, guns and religion point to a very “activist” Conservative agenda. Justice Thomas’ concurring opinion opens up avenues of even more aggressively active action against gay rights, contraception, etc.

I can only conclude that the protests against activist courts was a ruse. People want activist courts if those courts agree with their political ideology!

Your last sentence would then also make sense of what we're seeing today then.

Everyone is all good and happy as long as they are getting their way, right?

Rowe v. Wade is overturned and the people who have been used to getting their way for 30 years are now all of a sudden appalled at the audacity of the SCOTUS to take a look at a 50 year old case and determine that the ruling that was made back then contradicts the US constitution or the way that legislation for these kinds of issues should be created at the State level and not a federal mandate based on a court ruling that set precedent.

So in the end... a bunch of people are gonna cry and complain and liberal media and politicians will use buzzwords and scare tactics to try and lead simple minded followers of their cult to believe that the Republicans are trying to take away women's rights and turn us into The Handmaid's Tale dystopian, Authoritarian type of society.

Which, in fact, anyone with a brain can tell you is the OPPOSITE of what is actually happening. The SCOTUS is merely preserving the right for States to govern themselves accordingly, which trickles down to the American people to decide for themselves how they wish to live their lives and where.

Doesnt take a Mensah candidate to see whats happening. However, there are enough idiots that no longer think for themselves and simply regurgitate whatever they see and hear on CNN, MSNBC, Jimmy Fallon and whatever other liberal rag mouthpiece show to spread misinformation to the public in order to sway opinion.

Emotional. Not logical. Liberal policies have effectively removed the balls and brains of millions of people for the past 30 years and we are now seeing what a spineless, politically correct society looks like.

Liberal heros like Billy Joe Armstrong are renouncing their US citizenship and moving away now.... Wait, didnt Rosie O'Donnell do the same thing after Trump won the election in 2016?? Oh yeah... she didnt... because she realized that despite the problems we have in America... we're STILL the greatest country in the world because our justice system does its job and keeps the power in the peoples hands.

All emotion. No logic. Or actual follow thru. Just emptiness.

tiv,

Yes I too remember the left leaning courts of the era you mentioned. What I also remember is that there was no violence or threats of violence against those courts from those who disagreed with them. Unlike today.

The job of SCOTUS is to uphold and/or interpret the Constitution. Of course many times the biases of the individual Justices creep in and influence their decisions. It's human nature I suppose. The ruling of guns is based on the Second Amendment. The ruling of a football coach praying for 15 - 20 seconds after a game is based on the First Amendment. There is "freedom of religion" in that amendment. I don't feel there was activism in these two decisions.

The ruling on abortion is a bit different. What SCOTUS did, along ideological lines, is leave the issue of abortion to the individual states. I realize this ruling is far more controversial than the other two. If you are pro-life you love this ruling. However if you are pro-choice you hate it. I understand this perfectly well. The issue of abortion is a polarizing one and will never satisfy every one in this country.

I just hope both sides can find some common ground and put the bitterness and anger to the side. Our country is already way too divided as it is.

Yes some of these states did ban abortion because the majority of the people in these states wanted abortion banned. Remember that we live in a republic by the people, from the people and for the people.

However if the thinking of these people evolve then they will elect state representatives which will introduce far more lenient abortion laws. This is called democracy.
More than 60% of Americans disagree with this ruling. Do more research before posting bullshzt. Even a majority of folks in Utah disagree with this ruling.

Likewise for the right, ultra right, whatever

@Tiv @rkrantz @HJCane @central17 @ddimaggio "The unborn are a convenient group to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted or the chronically poor; they dont resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows , they dont ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans ; they dont need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they dont bring all that racial , cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them , because they cease to be unborn. You can love the unborn, and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power or privilege, without reimagining social structures. apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus , but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick, The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.
Written by Methodist Pastor David Barnhart
Hawaiin you have a very bad habit of ASSUMING things so I'll set the record straight for myself.
1) I am a Jew. I am not a Christian nor am I religious although very proud to be a Jew.
2) I am pro-choice with REASONABLE COMMON SENSE RESPONSIBLE REGULATIONS that include providing the Woman options to abortion.
3) I have (3 ) sons 33, 32, 29 and after having kids views change on Abortion but nonetheless I am still Pro-choice see #2 above
4) Science has changed since my kids were born. The sonograms my wife had back in 1988 and 89 , 92 don't compare to the technology of today with Obstetricians. Which means a 3D sonogram today shows the heart beat, the blood flow, the brain, the finger nails at a very young age usually around the end of 3rd month.
The viability figures for a fetus have been lowered since then too meaning a premature baby born at 5 months or a little over 20 weeks has a very good chance of survival.
5) Contrasting unborn babies to the sick, the poor, the downtrodden is stupid. Just stupid. You have no idea what I or anyone else on this site does for Charitable causes.
6) The HIGHEST rates of homelessness are found in the States YOU THINK are the most caring, the most loving, the most concerned. But I've been to NYC a lot, Los Angeles a lot, Seattle and what I see there is anything but loving and caring.
7) And finally woman will still be able to get abortions in the overwhelming majority of this country.

Reactions: krvanness and Tiv
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT