ADVERTISEMENT

Russia - Ukraine, why should we care?

CEMs ain’t a bad dude
He just buys into the spin spewed by the liberal media .
They came up with this canard about Trump and Putin, and pushed the farce that Trump wasn’t tough on Russia. He did want to improve relations with Russia, which is a good thing , a very good thing . A direct military confrontation with Russia by the USA could mean the destruction of mankind as we know it .

We allowed the Russians to invigorate their economy after driving them to virtual poverty under Reagan. As long as there is an international market for oil they will continue to thrive economically.
We need to cut into Putin's oil and gas supply and make Russia feel the pain for invading Ukraine, an independent and sovereign country.

The good thing is that the entire world except China is united against Russia.

Reactions: miamimike
I'm just dropping by to say that anyone who thinks Putin's invasion can be explained through the mistakes of one president in the last year or last 4 years is probably part of the large majority of westerners whose naïveté/hubris Putin has systematically exploited for three decades to build Russia towards this moment.

Reactions: cortez55403
I'm just dropping by to say that anyone who thinks Putin's invasion can be explained through the mistakes of one president in the last year or last 4 years is probably part of the large majority of westerners whose naïveté/hubris Putin has systematically exploited for three decades to build Russia towards this moment.
Yeah I forgot to mention that Putin annexed Crimea under Obama/Biden in 2014. Putin saw nothing but weakness in both Obama and Biden.

But keep making excuses for Biden.

Yeah I forgot to mention that Putin annexed Crimea under Obama/Biden in 2014. Putin saw nothing but weakness in both Obama and Biden.

But keep making excuses for Biden.
tiv,

As a result of Putin’s annexation of Crimea, the Group of 8 nations agreed to kick Russia out of the room. It’s now the Group of 7.

After his election in 2016, your guy DJT tried to get the group to readmit Russia to the team. They were stunned by his request and refused. Russia is still out.

You can criticize Obama and Biden at will. But PLEASE don’t think or believe that Trump would have been harder on Russia on the Crimean issue or on this invasion of Ukraine. Trump deferred to Putin time and again.

tiv,

As a result of Putin’s annexation of Crimea, the Group of 8 nations agreed to kick Russia out of the room. It’s now the Group of 7.

After his election in 2016, your guy DJT tried to get the group to readmit Russia to the team. They were stunned by his request and refused. Russia is still out.

You can criticize Obama and Biden at will. But PLEASE don’t think or believe that Trump would have been harder on Russia on the Crimean issue or on this invasion of Ukraine. Trump deferred to Putin time and again.
Give me an example of Trump deferring to Putin.

I find ironic that Putin decided to invade 2 countries under weak Democrat presidents but never under Trump.

I find ironic that Putin decided to invade 2 countries under weak Democrat presidents but never under Trump.

You want more?

"I find ironic that Putin decided to invade 2 countries under weak Democrat presidents but never under Trump."
This talking point is getting tired. It is beyond stupid. Russia was actively invading Ukraine during every single one of Trump's 1864 days as president.

You want more?

"I find ironic that Putin decided to invade 2 countries under weak Democrat presidents but never under Trump."
This talking point is getting tired. It is beyond stupid. Russia was actively invading Ukraine during every single one of Trump's 1864 days as president.
That's fake news and you know it. Pro Russian separatists were fighting INSIDE Ukraine with Ukrainians ever since the split of the Soviet Union. There was no Russian invasion under Trump. #FakeNews.

Last edited:
Read the Durham Report. It cleared Trump of any wrongdoing or that Russia was in any way involved in the 2016 election. That was just left wing propaganda.

Hillary couldn't believe that she lost the election and blamed the Russians in helping Trump win. Sour grapes.

You want more?

With your line of logic, the US under Trump was invaded, often by BLM & Antifa. And the US has been invaded every day under Biden by Mexico, Haiti, Guatemala, Hondurus, El Salvador et. al.

Last edited:

Tiv,

I did that already: Trump carried water for Putin in his attempt to rejoin the G8.. All western leaders rejected this joint effort by Putin and Trump.

As to the 2016 election, the Mueller report concluded very clearly (followed by indictments of Russian operatives) that Russia DID interfere in the election. Mueller DID NOT conclude that the Trump campaign conspired with the Russians in this interference.

Tiv,

I did that already: Trump carried water for Putin in his attempt to rejoin the G8.. All western leaders rejected this joint effort by Putin and Trump.

As to the 2016 election, the Mueller report concluded very clearly (followed by indictments of Russian operatives) that Russia DID interfere in the election. Mueller DID NOT conclude that the Trump campaign conspired with the Russians in this interference.
I'm sure they did interfere in an attempt to get Hillary elected. That would have expedited their Ukraine plans...

I'm sure they did interfere in an attempt to get Hillary elected. That would have expedited their Ukraine plans...
KRV,

Did you read the detailed and lengthy Mueller report on Russian interference? It doesn’t support your narrative. Give it a try.

It's called a moral compass. Life isn't about just amassing "things" or "power". This is like asking why should we care about Jews in Europe in the 40's. That's called being a worthwhile human being as opposed to a POS.

Read the Durham Report. It cleared Trump of any wrongdoing or that Russia was in any way involved in the 2016 election. That was just left wing propaganda.

Hillary couldn't believe that she lost the election and blamed the Russians in helping Trump win. Sour grapes.
I read it. It seems that you did not, though, because it does not say any of those things. It is 1000% unambiguous fact that Russia was very much involved in our 2016 election. They have been involved in almost every election in the western world over the last decade. If you don't recognize that you are part of the problem with the western world falling asleep on the job with recognizing and dealing with the threat of Vladimir Putin.

It's called a moral compass. Life isn't about just amassing "things" or "power". This is like asking why should we care about Jews in Europe in the 40's. That's called being a worthwhile human being as opposed to a POS.
The Afghan women that were in high school learning Algebra, then after Biden surendered are now sex slaves to Taliban fighters say "Hi Joe, Hi Milley".

You want more?

It’s the only point that matters.

You want more?

Putin is a bully he doesn’t respect weakness, that’s why he acted while Biden and Obama were president. You’re working way too hard to ignore the obvious.

The Afghan women that were in high school learning Algebra, then after Biden surendered are now sex slaves to Taliban fighters say "Hi Joe, Hi Milley".
So two wrongs make a right? Biden just did what needed to be done and Trump talked about doing but didn't have the balls to do. It has nothing to do with my comment. You are just playing Monday morning QB because if you don't believe there were sex slaves prior to Biden and will be after Biden you have no business discussing this due to naivety.

This notion that this is none of our business what Russia is doing because it is done by our leaders is asinine. It's about as asinine as the idea that Putin is smart. He severely miscalculated this. There is a strong choke hold on his economy and he has not seized any city there and the Russians are not supporting Putin here.

Grb, The Right Wing Media has seized your screen. Do you really, really believe this shiz?

Trump was and is the ongoing “useful idiot” of Putin. He acted to disunify NATO, criticizing Germany et al. He lobbied to reinstall Russia into the G8 after Putin’s invasion of Crimea. 10 days ago, he praised Putin’s rationale for invasion into Ukraine as ‘genious”. He deferred to Putin completely at the Helsinki conference.

GRB, You are a smart guy. Trump deferred to Putin again and again. I am not quite sure why Trump backers are a bit naive to this.

Gettoverit. Trump is a Putin apologist.

Grb, The Right Wing Media has seized your screen. Do you really, really believe this shiz?

Trump was and is the ongoing “useful idiot” of Putin. He acted to disunify NATO, criticizing Germany et al. He lobbied to reinstall Russia into the G8 after Putin’s invasion of Crimea. 10 days ago, he praised Putin’s rationale for invasion into Ukraine as ‘genious”. He deferred to Putin completely at the Helsinki conference.

GRB, You are a smart guy. Trump deferred to Putin again and again. I am not quite sure why Trump backers are a bit naive to this.

Trump deferred to him yet he killed a couple hundred of Putin's troops in Syria. With friends like that who needs enemies? For some reason though, Putin only attacks Ukraine when a dem is in charge.

Reactions: grbcane

I very much respect your independent perspective and love for our Canes. Yet, this Federalist piece you endorsed seems to me so, so misguided.

For me, Trump is the ultimately naive tool of the much more sophisticated Putin. Just have to disagree. Sorry.

Unbelievable that people are walking around actually thinking Putin feared Trump. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my entire life. Why would Putin fear Trump? What exactly has Trump ever done in his life to strike fear in Putin? Send love letters to other dictators? Call him smart? Side with him on the world stage over his own country? What has he done?

I very much respect your independent perspective and love for our Canes. Yet, this Federalist piece you endorsed seems to me so, so misguided.

For me, Trump is the ultimately naive tool of the much more sophisticated Putin. Just have to disagree. Sorry.
No need to apologize for your views cortez, as you're just as entitled to yours as I am mine and you've always been respectful in your replies to me. The facts however say that Putin only attacks Ukraine when a dem is in charge.

Unbelievable that people are walking around actually thinking Putin feared Trump. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my entire life. Why would Putin fear Trump? What exactly has Trump ever done in his life to strike fear in Putin? Send love letters to other dictators? Call him smart? Side with him on the world stage over his own country? What has he done?
Maybe it's because Trump killed a couple hundred of Putin's troops in Syria but why let facts get in the way of one of your posts? How about the "red lines" that Barry drew in the sand that he had no balls to back up?

Reactions: grbcane
No need to apologize for your views cortez, as you're just as entitled to yours as I am mine and you've always been respectful in your replies to me. The facts however say that Putin only attacks Ukraine when a dem is in charge.

Peace. Our politics differ. But, are we united in our support for my beloved Miami Hurricanes.

Hoping your winter season in Utah is fun and exhiherating!

🙌

Reactions: 801canesmxer

The evidence shows the only useful idiots are Obama(Crimea) and Biden (Ukraine)

Make sure you thank a Joe Biden voter today.

Peace. Our politics differ. But, are we united in our support for my beloved Miami Hurricanes.

Hoping your winter season in Utah is fun and exhiherating!

🙌
Like I said, you are a class act and I hate arguing with you even when I think I'm in the right. Haha.

Putin is a bully he doesn’t respect weakness, that’s why he acted while Biden and Obama were president. You’re working way too hard to ignore the obvious.
All due respect you have no clue what you're talking about. None. While most of the world was still doubting an invasion would even happen just last week, most of the academics in my circle have been sounding alarms that putin means to reconstitute the soviet union for the last 15 years. You reduce putin to some kind of wild animal that senses fear and acts on instinct. This guy plays long term chess and he has largely been outsmarting the West since 1998. He seems to have made a gross miscalculation here and ultimately that's what will define him in history,

All due respect you have no clue what you're talking about. None. While most of the world was still doubting an invasion would even happen just last week, most of the academics in my circle have been sounding alarms that putin means to reconstitute the soviet union for the last 15 years. You reduce putin to some kind of wild animal that senses fear and acts on instinct. This guy plays long term chess and he has largely been outsmarting the West since 1998. He seems to have made a gross miscalculation here and ultimately that's what will define him in history,
Really? This is news? The sky’s blue, and grass is green. Our actions, behavior, weakness or strength influence what actions leaders of Putin’s ilk take. Putin acted out on Obama’s and Biden’s weakness. Our CIA was more interested in going after domestic political enemies , than what was happening with Russia. Wait till China moves in on Taiwan.

Most of the world was doubting an invasion would happen? Are you kidding? Maybe MSNBC or CNN viewers. There has been a strong belief since Biden took office and displayed weakness, blew Afghanistan, and showed what a bumbling fool he was when not properly medicated, that Putin would take advantage of Biden. Biden can’t even put together a coherent sentence if he goes off the teleprompter.

Make sure you thank a Joe Biden voter today.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT