ADVERTISEMENT

sam bruce arrested

I would be surprised if someone supporting Donald trump did NOT know many young white males who have been arrested for marijuana. It is a fairly common occurrence. It happens slightly more often than a young black male being arrested for marijuana.

You mean like Sam Bruce....who was dumb enuf to be hot-boxing it on the street???? GTFOH. You cannot challenge the law. You will always lose that battle. Wanna smoke weed or get hammered?? Do what I do. Stay at home and dive in the pool and stagger around so that the dogs look at you crazy. Keep challenging the law and you will keep losing. Won't matter who the Prez is. At the end of the day, the law will always be there.

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Yeah. Challenging the law is worthless. That's why gays still can't get married, abortion is still illegal, police can still search your iPhone without a warrant, you don't have to know you have the right to remain silent in order to give an admissible confession, black kids still go to school by themselves, states don't have to pay for lawyers for indigent defendants, the police can just take your blood when they suspect you of DUI, etc etc. challenging the law will NEVER work. You are SO right.

Yeah. Challenging the law is worthless. That's why gays still can't get married, abortion is still illegal, police can still search your iPhone without a warrant, you don't have to know you have the right to remain silent in order to give an admissible confession, black kids still go to school by themselves, states don't have to pay for lawyers for indigent defendants, the police can just take your blood when they suspect you of DUI, etc etc. challenging the law will NEVER work. You are SO right.

Dude. The only thing missing is stop and frisk. That might save 1000 inner city kids in Chicago in 1 year. Moron. But I guess white cops are killing all 1000. Right?

Wake. Don't start with me. I don't wanna hurt you. We haven't had problems before. I already know I'm not winning this election. But we'll keep both Houses so Hillary can just pass out when she doesn't get anything passed.

The judicial branch says hi. So does your middle school government teacher. I know you enjoy being a smart ass, but really u should aim for less ass, more smart.
This post is a travesty. The judicial branch is there to interpret the law not to legislate.

Is that not the role of the judicial branch? Liberal activist judges have trampled all over the constitution and the will of the people the last few years.

For those watching, what just happened was he made a preposterous and demonstrably wrong comment (you can never challenge the law, you will always lose). I then pointed out how absurd and inaccurate his comment was and he responded by completely shifting the topic away to something brand new and wholly unrelated and then called me a moron. This is what arguing with children is like.

Reactions: dlmcane
For those watching, what just happened was he made a preposterous and demonstrably wrong comment (you can never challenge the law, you will always lose). I then pointed out how absurd and inaccurate his comment was and he responded by completely shifting the topic away to something brand new and wholly unrelated and then called me a moron. This is what arguing with children is like.
What are you talking about?

Reactions: IHeagledriver

Hold on. What does demonstrably and preposterous mean? Remember? I am a knuckle dragger!

This post is a travesty. The judicial branch is there to interpret the law not to legislate.

Is that not the role of the judicial branch? Liberal activist judges have trampled all over the constitution and the will of the people the last few years.

In what ways have these so called liberal activist judges trampled all over the constitution and the will of the people the last few years? Specifics or don't bother.

Funny, you know damn well what he meant. Honey wasn't talking about challenging the law in court. He clearly meant don't mess with law enforcement, don't break the law of the land in their faces or you are asking for trouble i.e. you will always lose.

In what ways have these so called liberal activist judges trampled all over the constitution and the will of the people the last few years? Specifics or don't bother.

The problem with you, Wake, is that you advocate civil disruption while you watch from home on the big screen with your popcorn. You are a world class phoney. Get out there on the front lines so we can taser your ass, too.

Law professors don't get tasered. Too smart to do anything that would justify being tasered and Cops aren't dumb enough to go wild on people like us; they want to keep their jobs. Shouldn't be that we get any special treatment.

Law professors don't get tasered. Too smart to do anything that would justify being tasered and Cops aren't dumb enough to go wild on people like us; they want to keep their jobs. Shouldn't be that we get any special treatment.

Too smart to get mixed up in the zoo that is the street. I agree. You have zero concept of reality. You live in an ivy tower.

I mix it up from time to time. It can be entertaining. Every now and then I'll see some poor sob being detained on the side of the road doing things he shouldn't like talking and consenting to searches and I'll step in. It is amusing.

They had no right to rule on gay marriage, even Justice Kennedy who ruled in favor of allowing it conceded the SCOTUS did not have the constitutional right to rule on the matter but did so anyways because he thought it was the right thing and he decided to go with his conscience.

Trampled the will of the people because state after state where gay marriage was put up for a vote and was defeated had a court legalize it despite what the people wanted.

I do pro bono work for the legal aid society and lecture at local high schools on civil rights and what to do at traffic stops etc.

They had no right to rule on gay marriage, even Justice Kennedy who ruled in favor of allowing it conceded the SCOTUS did not have the constitutional right to rule on the matter but did so anyways because he thought it was the right thing and he decided to go with his conscience.

Trampled the will of the people because state after state where gay marriage was put up for a vote and was defeated had a court legalize it despite what the people wanted.

I actually okay with gay marriage. Not comfy with it but I can use it as a bargaining chip.

Please quote for me where the republican appointed justice Kennedy admitted in his ruling that the court did not have the authority to rule on it? ive read the opinion a dozen or so times and never saw that portion. I'd appreciate you educating me.

Please quote for me where the republican appointed justice Kennedy admitted in his ruling that the court did not have the authority to rule on it? ive read the opinion a dozen or so times and never saw that portion. I'd appreciate you educating me.
You're the professor, educate me. Show me where I'm wrong. I know damn well Kennedy was appointed by Reagan, thank you.

I see you didn't touch my second point. The will of the people has been trampled over and over. Gay marriage was defeated over and over and over when it was put up for a vote only to be overruled by liberal activist judges. Is this not true?

Kennedy was carpet-bagging. Kinda the same way Justice Roberts did. At the end of the day Wake, this will always be a center-right country. The Reps are struggling now but everything is cyclical. At the end of the day, the majority will always do what is right, and the few will take the easy way...and continue to be arrested. NO MATTER WHO THE PREZ IS.

Kennedy was carpet-bagging. Kinda the same way Justice Roberts did. At the end of the day Wake, this will always be a center-right country. The Reps are struggling now but everything is cyclical. At the end of the day, the majority will always do what is right, and the few will take the easy way...and continue to be arrested. NO MATTER WHO THE PREZ IS.
End thread/

You're still the heavyweight champ.

That would all be true if you ignore that 1) every last bit of polling data showed the majority of the nation favors allowing gay marriage and 2) there are FAR more democrats than republicans in this country. GOP just votes more often and gerrymanders effectively.

That would all be true if you ignore that 1) every last bit of polling data showed the majority of the nation favors allowing gay marriage and 2) there are FAR more democrats than republicans in this country. GOP just votes more often and gerrymanders effectively.

Well I favor gay marriage. But I don't favor thugs who wanna fight cops. I can bend in my beliefs. I am am not a partisan hack like you.

Gay marriage didn't pass in California of all places. Let that sink in.

It's all cyclical as honey said, time is on our side.

Thug u- gay marriage tramples the will of the people!
Me- yeah except that every poll reflects a majority of Americans favor it
Thug U- but 8 years ago in California they didn't favor it!

Children do better than this, thug.

This is a pathetic attempt at humor?Deflection? Gay marriage was defeated in California when put up to a vote. Judges decided they knew better and imposed it on the people of California. Is this true or isn't it? Yes or no answer or don't bother.

Wake. You were doing good so far. But now you are pushing your elitist agenda. Stop. I was beginning to like you. And once I like you, you have a permanent pass on here.

"This definition has been with us for millennia," Kennedy said of the definition of marriage as between one man and one woman. "And it's very difficult for the court to say, 'Oh, well, we know better.'"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT