ADVERTISEMENT

sam bruce arrested

chevytruck20s

SuperCane
Gold Member
May 12, 2004
coral springs, fl
A football player who was once a prized recruit for the University of Miami is now facing legal trouble.

Monday night, Sam Bruce was arrested in South Miami not far from the University of Miami campus.

Police have charged him with marijuana possession after spotting several people getting high in a car.

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
That's crazy. Real crazy. I didn't want to post on the board to sound like a gossip queen but since its out in the open now I might as well share. I sit club level at the home games & after the UNC game it was just me & 1 other gentlemen left in our section after everybody poured out. He told me he was just there to see his boys play & wasn't overly concerned about the loss so I asked him who he was referring to & he told me he was the principle at a very well known school in the area that I'll leave nameless. Anyways, we hit it off pretty good & talked all the way to the parking lot & 1 of the subjects that came up was Sam & I was like yea you know there's probably some other stuff that wasn't made public. He was like yea I heard he couldn't lay off the weed , bahaha.... That is crazy tho now sure enough 3 days later I see this. Oh well , hate to laugh but it's just a misdemeanor , hope he gets it together

Reactions: CFSteve
Hoping he figures it out soon. His mom's quotes lead me to beleive she knows he has issues because usually a mom would right tooth and nail after his dismissal for being late to a treatment. She isnt playing dumb and I applaud her for realizing there are issues and they need to be resolved ASAP or he is looking at a tough life ahead.

sad when you think about it. This kid had a way to make something of himself and he is throwing it down the toilet.

What a opportunity wasted by him. He may never get another one. Unfortunately, he probably doesn't realize this now.
strangelove+gif.gif

What a opportunity wasted by him. He may never get another one. Unfortunately, he probably doesn't realize this now.
I wouldn't say that. Look at Noah Spence. 5* recruit went to OSU but got addicted to Molly or Ecstasy whatever u wanna call it. Got kicked out OSU & went to a lower level school where he turned it around & just got drafted in 2nd round of the draft. Ecstasy way worse than weed. Really in my eyes alcohol is worse than weed

Reactions: SolarCane
2 current UM players were with him??
Two of Bruce’s former UM teammates, freshmen safety Cedrick Wright and tight end Jovani Haskins, were with Bruce when he was arrested, according to a source. Neither was charged. UM was gathering information Tuesday about their potential involvement.

“Sam Bruce is not part of our program,” UM Athletics Director Blake James said in a text message. “However, I am aware of the situation and will address any potential issues with the involved parties.”

I wouldn't say that. Look at Noah Spence. 5* recruit went to OSU but got addicted to Molly or Ecstasy whatever u wanna call it. Got kicked out OSU & went to a lower level school where he turned it around & just got drafted in 2nd round of the draft. Ecstasy way worse than weed. Really in my eyes alcohol is worse than weed
He'll get another chance at a top school like Louisville. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Ohio State went after him again. He has four years of eligibility left.

After all, we took Willis after he was a train wreck in Florida.

Thanks Blake James! Just think if Blake had given this kid the support to overcome these pre-UM transgressions instead of making Richt suspend Bruce, he would not have had all this free time on his hands. Sad.
Man you got to be kidding? How about personal responsibility here? I loved the kid in high school I wanted to see him play but he's made this mess all by himself and Blake James has nothing to do with it

Man you got to be kidding? How about personal responsibility here? I loved the kid in high school I wanted to see him play but he's made this mess all by himself and Blake James has nothing to do with it
Agree. He is responsible for his own actions, which were likely compounded due to the bitterness of the suspension. Downward spiral that could have been prevented by getting him some help and keeping him on the field.

Agree. He is responsible for his own actions, which were likely compounded due to the bitterness of the suspension. Downward spiral that could have been prevented by getting him some help and keeping him on the field.
I'm not sure Rob, you either have the smarts or dont. Ferman hit it on the head, kid is a train wreck!
If it wasnt the video, it would have been something else.
Yes kids can turn it around, however most dont
Ill bet dollars to doughnuts, there are better street BBallers than in the NBA, just didnt handle their lives or weren't lucky enough to NOT get caught

Kid is his own worst enemy and is flushing himself down the toilet. Surprised and disappointed that Wright and Haskins were out with him. Don't they have something better to do on a Monday night , like study for instance?

Reactions: majus12
No doubt he was ultra talented. Disagree about it being sad. Sad is Bryan Pata. Sad in Sean Taylor. Stupidity is the better "s" word for Bruce.
One of the best posts I read on this site. Thank you.

Two of Bruce’s former UM teammates, freshmen safety Cedrick Wright and tight end Jovani Haskins, were with Bruce when he was arrested, according to a source. Neither was charged. UM was gathering information Tuesday about their potential involvement.

“Sam Bruce is not part of our program,” UM Athletics Director Blake James said in a text message. “However, I am aware of the situation and will address any potential issues with the involved parties.”
This is why he was posted...why do guys think you can turn some of these kids around? SMDH!

He'll get another chance at a top school like Louisville. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Ohio State went after him again. He has four years of eligibility left.

After all, we took Willis after he was a train wreck in Florida.

Yes we did, back in the day when Schnelly just started UM took in quite a few high profile recruits who had either baggage or had screwed up at other schools. Once the U got going they didn't have to take a chance on these kids. Hope all works out for him. Marijuana is legal in a couple of states and looks to expand after the election. If thats all there is it may not be so bad.

Reactions: CFSteve
No doubt he was ultra talented. Disagree about it being sad. Sad is Bryan Pata. Sad in Sean Taylor. Stupidity is the better "s" word for Bruce.
On point Varkas, SAD its not as you poignantly pointed out. Its a shame, although way too common that a G-d gifted talent is wasted!

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT