ADVERTISEMENT

The "Big Bribe"

kevinf57

SuperCane
Gold Member
May 13, 2005
Does it make sense to anyone why California received $27Billion in taxpayer Federal assistance in this past stimulus bill, when in fact the State had a operating surplus this past year of $75B?

Now Governor Newsome is taking part of each of those windfalls and sending it out to 2/3 of the state in the form of stimulus checks of $600 or $1,100 if you have a child. In addition the state will be paying your past due rent and a few months in the future as well. At least he was honest in his presser and said citizen's know how to spend the money better than government.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...es-100-billion-recovery-package?sref=omvmmwIg

Regardless of the cost or who is footing the bill, he will bribe his way through the recall.

Insanity.

Gotta say that as a moderate Dem, this looks bad for Gavin. It does look like a bribe if he markets it correctly. So far, the press is low key on this move.

The recall threat is real. He is lucky, however, that the leading Republican to replace him is Caitlyn Jenner. Is my state ready for a Conservative with her background? Arnold did it. Can she?

I don’t know anything about the $27 billion in Fed relief. I do know about the budget surplus. For all you diehard critics of California, the surplus is traceable directly to the incredible IPOs and stock market appreciation activity in California over the last 2 years. For all the crying about people leaving Cali, many of those staying got super rich. Every time these high tech employees exercise a stock option, the state gets 13.3% of it! You are middle/high exec at Tesla? You got rich. Same at Apple, Google, etc etc.

OT: 17: You know that I dislike Kimberly Guilfoyle, main squeeze of DJT Jr. Well, she has a clone. Check out and compare her photo with Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend, 51 year old Lauren Sanchez. Same hair, boobs, surgical look, jaw, etc. Could they have gone to the same plastic surgeon? Amazing.

Gotta say that as a moderate Dem, this looks bad for Gavin. It does look like a bribe if he markets it correctly. So far, the press is low key on this move.

The recall threat is real. He is lucky, however, that the leading Republican to replace him is Caitlyn Jenner. Is my state ready for a Conservative with her background? Arnold did it. Can she?

I don’t know anything about the $27 billion in Fed relief. I do know about the budget surplus. For all you diehard critics of California, the surplus is traceable directly to the incredible IPOs and stock market appreciation activity in California over the last 2 years. For all the crying about people leaving Cali, many of those staying got super rich. Every time these high tech employees exercise a stock option, the state gets 13.3% of it! You are middle/high exec at Tesla? You got rich. Same at Apple, Google, etc etc.

OT: 17: You know that I dislike Kimberly Guilfoyle, main squeeze of DJT Jr. Well, she has a clone. Check out and compare her photo with Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend, 51 year old Lauren Sanchez. Same hair, boobs, surgical look, jaw, etc. Could they have gone to the same plastic surgeon? Amazing.
Don't start talking about clones .. that is apparently one of the reasons that Gate's wife left him. He and a few others apparently have between 6-7 closing labs around the world .. they started with sheep, goats, dogs, horses, primates ... and then .. getting DNA from famous people to clone. Crazy stuff.

Don't start talking about clones .. that is apparently one of the reasons that Gate's wife left him. He and a few others apparently have between 6-7 closing labs around the world .. they started with sheep, goats, dogs, horses, primates ... and then .. getting DNA from famous people to clone. Crazy stuff.
huh? You’ve gone down a weird rathole, 289. This thread is bout CalI finances and politics, not conspiracy theories.

I am not fans of them either. Just when in the same discussions with Newsom they look like saints I will check out Stepford wife 2.0. Thanks for the 411.

Reactions: cortez55403

Your state is getting a fortune from Federal Gov't. Don't ya think it has important things that money could be used for?

Gates wife is leaving him because of his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein . This was reported recently.

Everyone needs to understand; If you live in any other state outside California, our tax dollars are going to California to fund his bribe. That was not the purpose of these funds. Again, Republicans fought hard against giving these States all this money.

Everyone needs to understand; If you live in any other state outside California, our tax dollars are going to California to fund his bribe. That was not the purpose of these funds. Again, Republicans fought hard against giving these States all this money.
HJ you get it! If CA wants to tax the hell out of their residents and redistribute wealth; go for it. Residents and businesses can vote with their feet.

However, this truly is taxation without representation. I don't have a means of voting in CA to show my displeasure with these types of policies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT