ADVERTISEMENT

The biggest mistake of the season, IMO, was benching Kosi

MikePCanes

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2006
We have a lot of problems on offense. It is not about spread versus not spread. It never was or is. It's about design, motion, play calling, execution, etc. This is not a well coached offense, the oline has not improved enough, and the WRs were a disappointment (after two good years, and it's not just bc we lost AR). But there is a tendency, and this is the hysterical nature of all sports fans, to either say a player is amazing or horrible. Kosi strikes me as neither. Rosier, and it is not at all his fault, is just not good enough to play at this level. But Kosi is solid, just not amazing and he may get much better. He goes on the road and does what abt all freshman do in his first start there, and he gets yanked. It was a terrible mistake in my opinion. I believe we likely win two more games had we stuck with Kosi and he would be further along today. NOW, would I consider 9-3 terrific, no, but you are playing Clemson (and losing, but Kosi also gets that experience) and you can get to ten wins. That is not good enough for me, but it is much better than we did. I get that Kosi was not available for LSU, and I think they probably worked him in the right way, but YANKING him at UVA to me was the largest mistake of the entire season. I think that was what turned a disappointing season into a MESS that we slightly dragged our way out of with championship defense, suddenly opportunistic special teams and just enough offense in the last two games. Kosi played well enough to beat Gatech honestly. Had we stuck with him recruiting would be further along both for 19 and 20 and we would be better off today.

If I could change one decision Richt made, that would be it. There may be MANY others, but if I get one, that's it. He did not deserve to get benched and it hurt our team.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News