ADVERTISEMENT

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
Just got done talking with someone in the athletic dept that doesn’t exactly have pull on the field but is surrounded by the guys that do and works directly with them. what was stressed is that what’s taking place is not sustainable. That they can’t go on like this. That what’s taking place is a black eye on the University right now. IOW, Manny does the improbable and wins the coastal and get’s another year or does what he does and we get a new hc. I know, nothing earth shattering here. Doesn’t take an insider to read the writing on the wall.

my take… it doesn’t take an urban myer type hire to get this team that leads the country in missed tackles, dropped passes, crucial stupid penalties, etc to cut this crap in half immediately. To get this team to play at least half as hard in the first half as they do in the second half. To god forbid bring in some lb’s that are at the very least serviceable. To god forbid DEVELOP guys on our OL. Not exactly shooting for the stars here. Bring in a capable hc that can correct this fixable bull shit and we’re winning 8-9 games next year with potential to grow. Manny won 8 games last year just for perspective.

hind site is 20/20. Howard did not have joe P’s resume when he was hired. Jimmy did not have berry s’s resume when he was hired. Dennis did not have bobby b’s resume when he was hired. Butch did not have steve s’s resume when he was hired. What did they all have in common? They were all the right fit at the right time for Miami and kicked the crap out of those hc’s that had better resume’s than them when they were hired. They all also worked for elitist pres’s and BOT’s that could care less about football and some of those pres’s I swear try to sabotage football by bleeding it dry.

according to Gary, blake, IF he’s still around and it sounds like he will be, will not have free say on the next hire. The BOT are done with their allotment of lab experiment hc hires. According to the guy I talked to today said, the University is committed and will spend what it takes to insure that if a new hc has to be hired that money won’t get in the way.

what does that mean? I’m hopeful and confident that if we were already willing to pay richt 4 mill plus a year, that there’s no reason we can’t get a guy for 4- 6 mill a year starting salary that is fully capable of doing the things I mentioned above.

i really don’t see Manny keeping his job after this year nor do I see Manny getting replaced by another Manny experiment.

this next year could very well be a very exciting new beginning to us getting back to where we need to be.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News