ADVERTISEMENT

This Is A HISTORIC Day For The University Of Miami And Its Football Program...

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
The last 3-5 days have been NERVE-RACKING, controversial, and emotional, but at the END OF THE DAY, CONGRATULATIONS to the University, and to Blake and his team for CLOSING the deal...

"ROLLERCOASTER". That is the one word which I would use to describe the events of today. Full of highs and lows, and full of optimism and at times hopelessness. I thought that this deal was on the verge of falling apart, but credit to BOTH sides, ESPECIALLY BLAKE for doing what was necessary to CLOSE THE DEAL. AMEN!

The University is getting an extraordinary coach who INSTANTLY makes us the favorite in the Coastal Division, as well as a BONA FIDE CONTENDER for the ACC Championship. We are getting a head coach who is an alum, a seasoned veteran coach, a quality character man of faith, someone who can recruit with the best, and someone who will presumably assemble a quality staff to develop players and implement the right schemes. Simply stated, we WANTED a HOMERUN HIRE, and MARK RICHT is the CLOSEST THING to it. This is the BEST HIRE we have had in 20 years and arguably the most well known hire in 30 years. After 12+ years of wallowing in the muds of mediocrity and bargain buying strategies, the University made a stand and sent a message to the entire nation: "WE WANT TO RETURN TO GREATNESS".

Frankly, for ME PERSONALLY, as you know by now I believe that MARK RICHT he is a HOMERUN HIRE, and I truly ADMIRE the man on and off of the field. I could not be MORE EXCITED to have Mark RIcht as our head coach- I am genuinely OVERWHELMED WITH ENTHUSIASM and OPTIMISM for what lies ahead for this great football program!!!

Gary- I can't say enough good things about you. I can only IMAGINE how difficult your job is during these types of situations. I know you and know hard you work at your job and how well you are respected by your subscribers, colleagues in the media, and players. On behalf of the Board and the Cane community, a BIG THANK YOU for EVERYTHING that you have done for us both during this search and throughout the year!

It is time to celebrate my fellow Hurricane fans!

HELL YES.

Go Canes!

Prost! (Cheers!)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News