ADVERTISEMENT

This taking a knee during the National Anthem, can we put it on pause for 9/11

I agree. My comments were directed at the other comment asking who cared and didn't know why people were upset. I asked why people care about why Krapenick is upset. Most don't even know.
I know man, it's all good, I know where you were coming from. We good as always.

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
26 years and 8 deployments and 3 combat tours does not allow me to feel offended by a man not standing for a song. We fought the Nazi regime we are not a totalitarian society with fake loyalty being enforced. Why is Kapernick disrespecting veterans but American society wasnt disrespecting soldiers when they separated them by color as soon as they hit port and prepared to disembark into the United States after years at

African Americans have fought in every foriegn war that this country has had and have been disrespected in a far worse manner than not standing up for the flag. We dont fight for a flag or anthem. We fight for each other and ungrateful ass civillians whether or not they are racist, gay, straight, athiest, etc. If it doesnt bother u tbat one of our Presidential candidates blatantly disrespected a POW that spent years in tbe Hanoi Hilton, "he is not a hero" and then hopped on his private jet and flew office to one of his towers, then u dont really care about veterans.

So please stop with this convienient patriotism and aknowlege that this is more about Kapernick's race and not patriotism. Miinority soldiers have fought for Klansmen that refused to fly any other flag than the rebel flag. Kapernicks deal seems small in comparison.

National anthem was created by a slave owner. Also, the national anthem is very racist (read the part about slaves going to their graves) ... if u dont know the whole national anthem pls don't respond to my post. I was in Iraq twice with the 82nd airborne In 2003-2004. It was all about the oil... the Bush admin made 9/11 happen so we can have a reason to invade Iraq. Not everybody follows blindly, Collin does not follow blindly. Last thing, the anthem was never played in sporting event. In the early 1900 the chicago cubs had horrible attendance. In the 7th inning they decided to play the anthem, the crowd loved it. So to bring ppl to the park they started playing the anthem as a marketing tool. Their attendance was better after that.
This kneeling down for the anthem is no about the military or the flag. It's about how this nation handles police brutality. Put the past behind u (9/11) and think about the problems that we have infront of us.
Yes that brutality that you want to call it has nothing to do with the flag.....I think it is ignorant and down right disrespectful......all if theses players doing this if you don't like our country go to another one and make a living....stand for the national anthem and show your respect to the country......

Reactions: Cane1010
Come on. The one Fing day we should all stand and show respect to the flag is 9/11. If you cant see that because you want to bring attention to yourself in the name of a cause, I cant help you. Its very selfish and disrespectful to the victims of that day and to the men and women who have given their lives to protect us.

Off the soap box.
Right on....and CORRECT!

It's not about the flag nor military. He said he supports the military. He is talking about cops killing the innocent. That's what we need to talk about. Not political parties or the military.
Yes then why kneel on the anthem......I have problems with our country too....but I have no voice Boone knows me so it doesn't matter what I do or say a Bd I served our country.........then a back up an has more of a voice then a veteran cause he plays a sport....that's our countries problem.....these politicians are a big problem here.....

Come on. The one Fing day we should all stand and show respect to the flag is 9/11. If you cant see that because you want to bring attention to yourself in the name of a cause, I cant help you. Its very selfish and disrespectful to the victims of that day and to the men and women who have given their lives to protect us.

Off the soap box.
Naw!!

I have a better idea. Let's all stand together in stopping social injustice. Then the protest in and of its self is moot.

26 years and 8 deployments and 3 combat tours does not allow me to feel offended by a man not standing for a song. We fought the Nazi regime we are not a totalitarian society with fake loyalty being enforced. Why is Kapernick disrespecting veterans but American society wasnt disrespecting soldiers when they separated them by color as soon as they hit port and prepared to disembark into the United States after years at

African Americans have fought in every foriegn war that this country has had and have been disrespected in a far worse manner than not standing up for the flag. We dont fight for a flag or anthem. We fight for each other and ungrateful ass civillians whether or not they are racist, gay, straight, athiest, etc. If it doesnt bother u tbat one of our Presidential candidates blatantly disrespected a POW that spent years in tbe Hanoi Hilton, "he is not a hero" and then hopped on his private jet and flew office to one of his towers, then u dont really care about veterans.

So please stop with this convienient patriotism and aknowlege that this is more about Kapernick's race and not patriotism. Miinority soldiers have fought for Klansmen that refused to fly any other flag than the rebel flag. Kapernicks deal seems small in comparison.
Amen... u sir, have the right to drop the mic.

Off the soap box.
Lol, Fuk!!!! That flag and everything it stand for, and fuk the government for sending innocent people to die in Wars for Thier gain. " with liberty and justice for all " is the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard. Do you know how much innocent blood was Shed in the good Ole US of A? But Yet you want people to respect the flag! Lol, and the government still killing innocent people for gain. How can people eyes be so close? You see pictures and Documents. What? You don't think 911 was a inside job? Slavery, stealing land, stealing countries...like the one in the middle east, stealing black people history, gold, and land. Stand up for what? Open up your damn eyes

Lol, Fuk!!!! That flag and everything it stand for, and fuk the government for sending innocent people to die in Wars for Thier gain. " with liberty and justice for all " is the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard. Do you know how much innocent blood was Shed in the good Ole US of A? But Yet you want people to respect the flag! Lol, and the government still killing innocent people for gain. How can people eyes be so close? You see pictures and Documents. What? You don't think 911 was a inside job? Slavery, stealing land, stealing countries...like the one in the middle east, stealing black people history, gold, and land. Stand up for what? Open up your damn eyes
You sound bitter and angry! What country is better?

Dropped mic!!!!!!!!!!!

Racist cops working for their racist democrat mayors
I have an honest question for you.. do you really believe that their is a difference between Rep and Dem? It's 2016 people please wake up and no this so called two party system is a scam. They both work for the same people who give them their marching orders.
You must not go to many football games or out in public in general. If you ever sat at a football game during the anthem and weren't a geriatric, disabled, or a football chic, you'd be given a reason to not stand the entire game. Just how the real world works. I was at a game and this kid would not take his hat off and several people asked him politely to take it off. Then things got ugly, things were being thrown from above and he was sent tumbling down the stairs. Murica.
I live in Atlanta.. and the majority of the crowds at Falcons and Hawks games are black so if anyone wants to know how the real world works here.. come try that sh*t in ATL because someone doesn't acknowledge your racist a** anthem and see what the outcome will be.

I have an honest question for you.. do you really believe that their is a difference between Rep and Dem? It's 2016 people please wake up and no this so called two party system is a scam. They both work for the same people who give them their marching orders.

I live in Atlanta.. and the majority of the crowds at Falcons and Hawks games are black so if anyone wants to know how the real world works here.. come try that sh*t in ATL because someone doesn't acknowledge your racist a** anthem and see what the outcome will be.

And I've seen no one sitting at Falcons games or Ravens games, nor the hundreds of college games I've been to, minus the rare punk I described. Was a Ravens season ticket holder for 15 years and never saw a person of color doing this. Ever.

please don't confuse the
National anthem was created by a slave owner. Also, the national anthem is very racist (read the part about slaves going to their graves) ... if u dont know the whole national anthem pls don't respond to my post. I was in Iraq twice with the 82nd airborne In 2003-2004. It was all about the oil... the Bush admin made 9/11 happen so we can have a reason to invade Iraq. Not everybody follows blindly, Collin does not follow blindly. Last thing, the anthem was never played in sporting event. In the early 1900 the chicago cubs had horrible attendance. In the 7th inning they decided to play the anthem, the crowd loved it. So to bring ppl to the park they started playing the anthem as a marketing tool. Their attendance was better after that.
This kneeling down for the anthem is no about the military or the flag. It's about how this nation handles police brutality. Put the past behind u (9/11) and think about the problems that we have infront of us.
pl
Don't confuse the Neanderthals with the facts!!It

You sound bitter and angry! What country is better?
About what? I'm a very happy person, and love everyone, so you approve of the history of this country? If so then you're sick as fuk! You ask what country is better? Non...sense this world is ran by a system that is spreading like cancer.

Reactions: pimpstick420
Good posts gets ignored by the anthem worshippers

Funny you ignore the blatant racism in the ice cream man song but no one is banning that song or those tricks from their neighborhoods. Are you? I bet you will now because you just found about it and will add to your race card.

Seems like some of you want to rewrite history. The "racist" parts are not racist, just a repeat of the facts of the time. The slaves who tried to leave w/British or helped the British against the US were killed along with the Britsh. This doesn't mean it was right or means people still support slavery by singing the first verse of the song that doesn't include that line. Your card won't allow you to think logically.

Funny you ignore the blatant racism in the ice cream man song but no one is banning that song or those tricks from their neighborhoods. Are you? I bet you will now because you just found about it and will add to your race card.

Seems like some of you want to rewrite history. The "racist" parts are not racist, just a repeat of the facts of the time. The slaves who tried to leave w/British or helped the British against the US were killed along with the Britsh. This doesn't mean it was right or means people still support slavery by singing the first verse of the song that doesn't include that line. Your card won't allow you to think logically.
Bro, Why defend this sht? Lol...you make no sense. Learn what racism is and where it came from before using that word.

This thread is mind numbing. The fact is that kneeling during the anthem does nothing to aid in the fight for racial equality if that is what we are referring to it as now. It is a random act that does nothing. Kaepernick is a celebrity and multimillionaire. Put your money where your mouth is big shot. Anyone can sit on a bench. How about next time there is an incident that you feel is unjust you reach into your pocket and go to the city, pay for a place to meet, and organize a civilized discussion, townhall style with community leaders and local authority figure to address the real issues that at times rear their ugly heads. How about you lead an effort to prevent black Americans from burning down their own neighborhoods in protest? How about donating time and money to local youth organizations?

Nah, that would require work and personal sacrifice. He ain't looking for all of that. He wants to sit for a minute and a half and be a social media justice warrior.

About what? I'm a very happy person, and love everyone, so you approve of the history of this country? If so then you're sick as fuk! You ask what country is better? Non...sense this world is ran by a system that is spreading like cancer.

None? That's right, because none are better. Go to Africa or the Middle East and see for yourself.

What system is that?

Irrational thoughts, my man. We can't rewrite history, it is what it is and nowhere did I imply, nor did anyone else, that I support slavery.

Most military people have been on record stating their support for Kaepernick

This is not even close to being true.

For those of you who don't think this is a big deal, I hope you never have to give your condolenses to the parents of a friend who gave everything for this country while they cradle the folded flag in their arms as if they were holding their loved one...then you might begin to understand why people feel so strongly about this issue.

This thread is mind numbing. The fact is that kneeling during the anthem does nothing to aid in the fight for racial equality if that is what we are referring to it as now. It is a random act that does nothing. Kaepernick is a celebrity and multimillionaire. Put your money where your mouth is big shot. Anyone can sit on a bench. How about next time there is an incident that you feel is unjust you reach into your pocket and go to the city, pay for a place to meet, and organize a civilized discussion, townhall style with community leaders and local authority figure to address the real issues that at times rear their ugly heads. How about you lead an effort to prevent black Americans from burning down their own neighborhoods in protest? How about donating time and money to local youth organizations?

Nah, that would require work and personal sacrifice. He ain't looking for all of that. He wants to sit for a minute and a half and be a social media justice warrior.
It's all about race until you don't get paid. Like I suggested several times, players who have an issue with the song or the police should strike and ensure the games aren't played to make a real statement. Although, losing millions in a capitalistic society that is run by the wealthy prevents a real statement from being made. They want all mouth while collecting all the $$.

I've lived it, so have you. I choose to be a productive member of society and get mine for me and my fam vs. crying racism about every thing and dwelling on history that can't be rewritten.
Lived it? We are still living it. It will never end. Having awareness is part of being productive. What pass history? We still live it. This ain't no game.

This demonstrates ignorance and biased thought as well as facts that are incorrect, assumed or omitted altogether. Maybe Google more than one source next time.

No one is arguing slavery was immoral and wrong. But to ignore the fact that Key's words clearly state that both "hireling" and "slave" could not escape fleeing or death from the war is downright ignorant (read them below). As far as Key, yes he owned slaves, sadly it was common at that time, especially in the South. EVEN blacks owned slaves. Hell, even Lincoln did. BUT, Key also spent a lot of his resources as a lawyer representing slaves fighting for their freedom and fighting anti-abolitionists. Perfect, no. But Key did as much for anti-slavery movement as many.

Anthem was played in 1897 and 1898 at ball games in Philadelphia and NY Polo Grounds. Woodrow Wilson ordered it played at special events and occasions. It was played during the stretch at the 1918 World Series. But it did not start being played before every (major) sporting event until WWII at which time it became a custom to do so moving forward.

Oh, and here are the words to the entire Star Spangled Banner.

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light, What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming, Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight O'er the ramparts we watch'd were so gallantly streaming? And the rocket's red glare, the bomb bursting in air, Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there, O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes, What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep, As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses? Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam, In full glory reflected now shines in the stream, 'Tis the star-spangled banner - O long may it wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore, That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion A home and a Country should leave us no more? Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution. No refuge could save the hireling and slave From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave, And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand Between their lov'd home and the war's desolation! Blest with vict'ry and peace may the heav'n rescued land Praise the power that hath made and preserv'd us a nation! Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto - "In God is our trust," And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

You are welcome.

None? That's right, because none are better. Go to Africa or the Middle East and see for yourself.

What system is that?

Irrational thoughts, my man. We can't rewrite history, it is what it is and nowhere did I imply, nor did anyone else, that I support slavery.
If you have to ask what system...then you're blind my friend. Watch with your third eye.

Reactions: pimpstick420
This demonstrates ignorance and biased thought as well as facts that are incorrect, assumed or omitted altogether. Maybe Google more than one source next time.

No one is arguing slavery was immoral and wrong. But to ignore the fact that Key's words clearly state that both "hireling" and "slave" could not escape fleeing or death from the war is downright ignorant (read them below). As far as Key, yes he owned slaves, sadly it was common at that time, especially in the South. EVEN blacks owned slaves. Hell, even Lincoln did. BUT, Key also spent a lot of his resources as a lawyer representing slaves fighting for their freedom and fighting anti-abolitionists. Perfect, no. But Key did as much for anti-slavery movement as many.

Anthem was played in 1897 and 1898 at ball games in Philadelphia and NY Polo Grounds. Woodrow Wilson ordered it played at special events and occasions. It was played during the stretch at the 1918 World Series. But it did not start being played before every (major) sporting event until WWII at which time it became a custom to do so moving forward.

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light, What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming, Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight O'er the ramparts we watch'd were so gallantly streaming? And the rocket's red glare, the bomb bursting in air, Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there, O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes, What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep, As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses? Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam, In full glory reflected now shines in the stream, 'Tis the star-spangled banner - O long may it wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore, That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion A home and a Country should leave us no more? Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution. No refuge could save the hireling and slave From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave, And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand Between their lov'd home and the war's desolation! Blest with vict'ry and peace may the heav'n rescued land Praise the power that hath made and preserv'd us a nation! Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto - "In God is our trust," And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

You are welcome.
Black's ever own slaves in this country. This thread is about this country. Fuk that damn flag

For sure, also it is flat out stupid. Why not boycott and picket in front of all Burger King resteraunts? The nation anthem speaks not about the police force. The national anthem is about the military. Those great men and women deserve everyone's respect.
But we too are exposed to racism as well and most have been exposed to unfair treatment by the police. I don't want to hear about people taking a knee when guys disrespect the president and have been for the past 8 years. People talk about their family members serving, but what have you done? I'm 24 deployments in just in case someone wants to question my take on it, yes 24 over 4000 flight hrs. But some of you guys just don't get it because you have the luxury of not having to. Minorities protesting peacefully is a tough pill to swallow but swallow you most certainly will because it's their right and it's what I fight for amongst other things

Trump says the US is not great you cheer like Miami just won a championship. Kaepernick says this country isn't great you call him N-ger you say things like go to another country even saw people wishing him injuries.

Trump says the US is not great you cheer like Miami just won a championship. Kaepernick says this country isn't great you call him N-ger you say things like go to another country even saw people wishing him injuries.
Both are dopes.

But we too are exposed to racism as well and most have been exposed to unfair treatment by the police. I don't want to hear about people taking a knee when guys disrespect the president and have been for the past 8 years. People talk about their family members serving, but what have you done? I'm 24 deployments in just in case someone wants to question my take on it, yes 24 over 4000 flight hrs. But some of you guys just don't get it because you have the luxury of not having to. Minorities protesting peacefully is a tough pill to swallow but swallow you most certainly will because it's their right and it's what I fight for amongst other things
Lol. It has nothing to do with a minority protesting.

You are welcome.

Black's ever own slaves in this country. This thread is about this country. Fuk that damn flag

See jabazz, this is what I am talking about when it comes to ignorance. I have no beef with you, but it is so frustrating when people ignore actual, real, proven facts.
Here is some homework for you.....

Read a book by historian Joel A. Rogers (yes, he is black) written in 1934. It will probably amaze you really. Also, just for kicks look up and read about Nicolas Augustin Metoyer of Louisiana. He is just one of, yes, thousands of blacks who owned, sold and kept salves. Heck, he and his 12 family members collectively owned 215 slaves. There were "free" blacks back then and they owned land. The power of the cotton crop ($$$$$) was very, very important to many (it was the "oil" of the 16th and 17th century).....Sadly, even blacks took advantage of this horrible practice of labor ownership.

Here u go bud

You are welcome.
Here u go buddy... hope the link works.

Only thing I ask if you are truly against racism be a part of the solution and I'm saying to all races because you have racism against whites as well but if you are truly against racism take a look in the mirror and do some soul searching, How many friendships brotherhoods blessings have you let slip away because your afraid of pigmentation difference

Reactions: m.dan and Zay0327
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT