ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccinations

So, I had the Covid the first week of January, about 6 weeks ago. According to science, I have immunity that's as good or better than what the vaccine provides. But I defend your right to call those that don't share your point of view "dopes and assholes".
Thanks. The unfortunate thing the US had the best medical research and care in the world, but the CDC is politically driven and its "advice" has not been good. Add Fauci to that equation and....well, we already know about Fauci

Reactions: grbcane
Thanks. The unfortunate thing the US had the best medical research and care in the world, but the CDC is politically driven and its "advice" has not been good. Add Fauci to that equation and....well, we already know about Fauci
We're definitely in agreement on the CDC and Fauci.

Reactions: grbcane and mahb
The other fact we know is that the Country with the lowest vaccination rates has the highest number of cases and deaths.
Well, the US is 18th in deaths per capita. Look, we can go round and round and never agree on this. I think this vaccine is completely unnecessary and you think it's vital. I get it. I'll take my 99% survival odds and my immunity and continue to watch Cristobal keep killing it for our Canes.

Only you can answer that question. The science from the CDC is constantly changing and the white house contradicts it anyway so that doesn't help. You have the right to make your own decision and are obviously prepared for it. Just curious, how old are you?
60 years old.

Can both sides agree that this time the CDC may have actually got it right?
main-qimg-a04ac921f7872b17e287f43dce2ddcc8

Well, the US is 18th in deaths per capita. Look, we can go round and round and never agree on this. I think this vaccine is completely unnecessary and you think it's vital. I get it. I'll take my 99% survival odds and my immunity and continue to watch Cristobal keep killing it for our Canes.
Closer to 99.5% survival odds and if you exclude those with comorbidities that rate improves dramatically.

Reactions: mahb and krvanness
Polio pandemic of 1952, influenza pandemic (HINI) of 2009, HIV and AIDS 1980's to present.
ROFLMAO Is that the same "Pandemic" Biden and Obama forgot to tell the American public about ? The same pandemic "they did EVERYTHING WRONG" ?

FLASHBACK: Biden's chief of staff pick admits Obama admin did everything wrong with H1N1

So, anybody has the right to not be vaccinated. Got it! Does that apply with anyone having the right to have an abortion too? Asking for a friend.
So babies are Viruses to you ? Hope your not a Dad. Better yet hug your child if you have on for thinking and saying what you did
No you don't because the about to be born baby has parents. Parents that represent it until they are legally of age. That would usually be 18 Years old.
Ummmmm parents get JAIL for CHILD ABUSE. You should spend more time thinking on YOUR logic before you state it and follow it,,,,,,,, just saying

The other fact we know is that the Country with the lowest vaccination rates has the highest number of cases and deaths.

It's not so easy to just correlate deaths because of lack of vaccination

Does getting vaccinated help in the prevention of death and those that become infected have less severe symptoms or no symptoms at all. I agree with this

But it's no so black and white as to hard proof that getting the vaccine prevents death (and it's been proven that the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission either). There are many factors that need to be accounted for, e.g. medical facilities and health care, age, living standard, hygiene, predisposition to other severe health factors, e.g. heart disease, diabetes, obesity

here are two examples, and these stats are readily available

New York -
#7 in vaccination rate with 14,632,320 vaccinated, 75.2 % of the population
#20 in COVID per capita (100,00) at 25,231

South Dakota -
# 31 in vaccination rate with 527,824 vaccinated, 59.7% of the population
#14 in COVID per capita (100,00) at 26,394

But here's the interesting stat, NY is #8 in deaths per capita (100,000) at 344 and South Dakota is #20 in deaths per capita (100,000) at 313

So even though NY is top ten in vaccination as a % of population, it's also top 10 in deaths while SD is in the bottom 1/2 of vaccination rates, it shows little correlation to their death rate

I wish someone would talk about the impact banning and limiting of Therapeutics' (ie: monoclonal antibody's, IVIG, etc ) has had on covid death rates,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Imagin putting a Country through the fear and hysteria of a fatal highly contagious virial infection, even going so far as to violate The Constitution, and punish it's citizens for violation of it's Mandates, only to ban Medicines that could ease suffering and even aide in the recovery from The Virus.................

I wish someone would talk about the impact banning and limiting of Therapeutics' (ie: monoclonal antibody's, IVIG, etc ) has had on covid death rates,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Imagin putting a Country through the fear and hysteria of a fatal highly contagious virial infection, even going so far as to violate The Constitution, and punish it's citizens for violation of it's Mandates, only to ban Medicines that could ease suffering and even aide in the recovery from The Virus.................
The last thing the blue state Governors, Mayors, and our illustrious President ever wanted was a solution (see Trudeau)...

Lots of stuff to point here with errors going both ways:

1) The vaccines work they're a near no-brainer it is not something that can even be intelligently debated at this point with the billions of data points collected on it. (I do not presume that anyone who refuses to take it is dumb or an idiot or any other demeaning thing. I wish everyone would take it, but we are not a society that jails people for a medical choice like this or anything of the sort. I wish people would get it but I am not going to chastise them if they don't.
2) Someone said every pandemic has been solved via a vaccine or something like this. That is 100% not correct. Pandemics have been occurring in recorded history for centuries before vaccines ever existed. which brings me to...
3) Someone indicated this pandemic was unique for the lockdowns and economic hardship inflicted on small businesses etc. That is also absolutely false. I empathize with everyone who has suffered economically or physically or emotionally from this pandemic. It is heartbreaking. I hope the people in this thread who lost stuff are able to bounce back. But these responses to a pandemic were in no way shape or form new or unique. George W Bush literally wrote a playbook calling for all of these responses. His playbook would have initiated them much more rapidly in an effort to shrink the length overall. The word "quarantine" itself comes from Italian "quaranta giorni" which means 40 days, which was the length of time of mandatory isolation all merchant ships and their crew had to undergo when arriving at italian ports in the renaissance era during a pandemic before being allowed to get off their ship. Literally none of this is new.

Lots of stuff to point here with errors going both ways:

1) The vaccines work they're a near no-brainer it is not something that can even be intelligently debated at this point with the billions of data points collected on it. (I do not presume that anyone who refuses to take it is dumb or an idiot or any other demeaning thing. I wish everyone would take it, but we are not a society that jails people for a medical choice like this or anything of the sort. I wish people would get it but I am not going to chastise them if they don't.
2) Someone said every pandemic has been solved via a vaccine or something like this. That is 100% not correct. Pandemics have been occurring in recorded history for centuries before vaccines ever existed. which brings me to...
3) Someone indicated this pandemic was unique for the lockdowns and economic hardship inflicted on small businesses etc. That is also absolutely false. I empathize with everyone who has suffered economically or physically or emotionally from this pandemic. It is heartbreaking. I hope the people in this thread who lost stuff are able to bounce back. But these responses to a pandemic were in no way shape or form new or unique. George W Bush literally wrote a playbook calling for all of these responses. His playbook would have initiated them much more rapidly in an effort to shrink the length overall. The word "quarantine" itself comes from Italian "quaranta giorni" which means 40 days, which was the length of time of mandatory isolation all merchant ships and their crew had to undergo when arriving at italian ports in the renaissance era during a pandemic before being allowed to get off their ship. Literally none of this is new.
How can you possibly say the vaccine can't be "intelligently debated"? We've had tens of thousands of people who were vaccinated AND boosted that contracted the virus and were sick. We had more deaths in the vaccinated year (2021) than the first year. Do you agree natural immunity is as good if not better than vaccine immunity? Do you think elementary school children who have virtually a 0% death rate from Covid should be vaccinated?
As for the draconian playbook for a .05% death rate virus, it comes as no surprise George W Bush would be on board.
Thanks for the history on quarantines.

• Love
Reactions: mahb and grbcane
How can you possibly say the vaccine can't be "intelligently debated"? We've had tens of thousands of people who were vaccinated AND boosted that contracted the virus and were sick. We had more deaths in the vaccinated year (2021) than the first year. Do you agree natural immunity is as good if not better than vaccine immunity? Do you think elementary school children who have virtually a 0% death rate from Covid should be vaccinated?
As for the draconian playbook for a .05% death rate virus, it comes as no surprise George W Bush would be on board.
We may have had tens of thousands of vaccinated and boosted people who contracted the virus and were sick b ut the death rate among the vaccinated is 5 times lower than among unvaccinated.

I see the connection. If you are an American citizen, you have the right to refuse the vaccine with full knowledge that refusing it dramatically increases your chances of getting and dying from Covid. But it is YOUR choice
And infect others who don’t know you are stupid, selfish or both.

We may have had tens of thousands of vaccinated and boosted people who contracted the virus and were sick b ut the death rate among the vaccinated is 5 times lower than among unvaccinated.
Today's Covid numbers in Utah. 614 cases and 472 of those were vaccinated, 77%. Of the 20 reported deaths, 9 were vaccinated.

Reactions: krvanness
So the death rate by doing nothing is .05%. Isn't that "safe" enough Mike?
Not for me. I'll take any precaution I can. As I've said before, I have underlying conditions and doubt I could survive a bout with Covid-19.

Today's Covid numbers in Utah. 614 cases and 472 of those were vaccinated, 77%. Of the 20 reported deaths, 9 were vaccinated.
Those numbers are way above average and how many of the vaccinated also got a booster shot which is the number one thing the vaccinated can do to protect against severe illness?

And infect others who don’t know you are stupid, selfish or both.
I’m astonished intelligent people think this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Vaccinated people spread COVID at least as much as the unvaccinated. There’s belief that vaccinated people spread COVID more because they’re asymptomatic.

Those numbers are way above average and how many of the vaccinated also got a booster shot which is the number one thing the vaccinated can do to protect against severe illness?
Usually, Utah counts those as vaccinated only if they're fully vaccinated. TBH, I don't know for sure if that's the case here. Utah has had many days in the last 3-4 months with high numbers of vaxxed getting and dying from Covid but those high days were more like 50% of cases and 25 to 50% of deaths and were not daily occurrences. It got harder to see those breakthrough cases in the media that I usually follow out here so I didn't follow them daily like I had before.

Not for me. I'll take any precaution I can. As I've said before, I have underlying conditions and doubt I could survive a bout with Covid-19.
Let me ask you then do you get an annual flu shot?
And I think it’s great that you with underlying condition we’re able to have access to a vaccination in less than a year. And the way it was advertised I might have made the same decision my friend. But I had Covid in March of 2020 and it was a like a bad flu for me.
I believe in natural immunity always had a good immune system and fought it of in 2-3 days.
So why is it wrong for me to decide I don’t want a vaccine that John Hopkins just finished a study that says I was right .

Reactions: krvanness and mahb
Natural Immunity being very meaningful also cannot be intelligently debated. People who dismiss natural immunity out of hand aren't well-informed. But this is not a matter of one or the other. There are four relevant statuses: 1) vaxxed only 2) natural immunity only 3) neither 4) both. Depending on the variant, 1 & 2 have moved around and each been at times better than the other, but having both has always been the clear best shield. I think the data at this point is far more than sufficient to support widespread vaccination of elementary children.

Focusing so much on death rate can lead to problematic outcomes. Even normal level covid infections knock people out for a couple days and at the volume of infections we have had in wave after wave it has caused in aggregate a serious blow to the economy via periodic worker shortages and reduced economic activity. All of those infections that do not result in death also serve as a massive training and breeding ground for covid to learn more about our immunity and mutate to a new variant that can beat our immunity and start the cycle again.

Let me ask you then do you get an annual flu shot?
And I think it’s great that you with underlying condition we’re able to have access to a vaccination in less than a year. And the way it was advertised I might have made the same decision my friend. But I had Covid in March of 2020 and it was a like a bad flu for me.
I believe in natural immunity always had a good immune system and fought it of in 2-3 days.
So why is it wrong for me to decide I don’t want a vaccine that John Hopkins just finished a study that says I was right .
I always get an annual flu shot and I don't think that you, as a Covid survivor, are wrong in deciding you don't want a vaccine. I think that you already have a certain degree of immunity.

• Wow
Reactions: mahb
Hey grb, maybe I'm just worn out from the day and our beloved Canes going down, but what is the gist of this article? Forgive me if I'm overlooking the obvious...
My bad , I was more intent on getting the actual study posted.

Reactions: krvanness
U.S. falls to lowest vaccination rates among world's wealthiest democracies. U.S. also leads the world in coronavirus deaths and number of confirmed cases. Anybody see a connection here?
No I don't. We already know that our Government and CDC mis-labeled deaths from people BECAUSE of Covid versus those that died while having Covid. They are not the same. We now know they "mis-coded" deaths of children "by mistake,." We now know they omitted critical data on the 18-49 age group as it pertained to their incidences of covid presumably so more would get vaccinated so I don't think our numbers are even accurate.

No I don't. We already know that our Government and CDC mis-labeled deaths from people BECAUSE of Covid versus those that died while having Covid. They are not the same. We now know they "mis-coded" deaths of children "by mistake,." We now know they omitted critical data on the 18-49 age group as it pertained to their incidences of covid presumably so more would get vaccinated so I don't think our numbers are even accurate.
Oh God, another right wing conspiracy theory all under Trump's watch. SMFH

Meanwhile China is locking down a city three times the size of NYC starting today. Glad we don't have to go through that anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT