ADVERTISEMENT

Well that speech was..............something.

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Good morning.
I'll give it a shot and try to be honest.
Started with heavy Ukraine, a bit much but necessary and what choice did he have? An explanation as to why this matters to the USA would have been nice. Personally I get it but many probably do not.
He was fine on this except for his slip, I thought he said URNANIUM people but others thought IRANIAN.
Then the speech became disjointed, rushed and for the most part had little to no flow. At times incoherent.
I heard spend, spend, spend. Tells me the Dems still don't understand the Inflation Dilemma.
I heard build back better without the name of the bill being spoken.
I heard and saw that Covid has ended but then I heard we are making available more Test Kits. They were late the 1st time and still later now.
I heard corporations should PAY THE HIGHER WAGES but CUT THE PRICE THEY CHARGE the consumers.
I heard make in America but it's those higher wages that caused manufacturing to high tail it out of here to begin with ( and regulations)
The Border I heard secure the border and that we are installing new technologies BUT HIS POLICIES led to the very crisis we see down there.
I heard fight the opiate problem but they are pouring in FROM THE SOUTHERN BORDER!

I heard many gaffes my favorite was " You can't build a wall high enough I mean the vaccines they're effective."
I heard he created 6.5 million jobs but that's untrue. These are NOT new jobs no policy caused this other than FREE money being cut off. People will suck this up but no policy caused new jobs.
No mention of Afghanistan or our 13 dead serviceman.
No mention of crime and keeping criminals in jail
Biden had to continue to appease the left wing liberals in his party with this speech so no mention of increasing oil here at home.

Don't even get me started on Harris and Pelosi behind him. Tough thing to watch.
Oh and lastly, the Congress was told to social distance on camera during the speech but once it ended that too ended. All a big freaking show.

Excellent analysis
Other than hating on Putin, which is like mom and Apple pie, everyone agrees on that ; was more of the same
Increase spending and the nonsensical Pay your Fair share gobble gook .
Nothing really about border security, other than stop human and drug trafficking. If you walk over the border, you are home free , that’s not a border nor security nor enforcement. It’s a joke

Nothing really on inflation, other than the ridiculous accusation that having 4 meat packing plants is causing rising prices . If they are colluding on price fixing , prosecute them . Republicans believe in enforcing anti trust laws
. Nothing to increase production of our own Oil and Gas reserves. The one effective detriment to Putin , nada
In sum it was the same ole same old .
Guaranteed to result in Red Wave in November

Honestly, theres no point arguing what he said because it’s all just a sales pitch anyway. I was scared he’d come off as the biden we all know but for the most part I thought he did fine regardless of the substance. Really one of his better showings. He didn’t shit him self. He didn’t look like he was directly reading from the prompter. He actually talked for a good while and didn’t seem like he was going to pass out or anything. All in all I’d say it was a win just in that he didn’t embarrass us on the world stage. I was nervous about this one. Figure if you’re another country watching and you’re not plugged into what’s really going on here, he did a good job of painting a pretty rosie picture even if we all know it’s bS. He kept the gaffs to a minimum. He knew where he was and who he was talking to. I think it was a win for our country when you consider who it is and what he had to work with. I’d give it a C+. Really thought it was going to be an embarrassing F grade in front of the world watching.

Last edited:
Honestly, theres no point arguing what he said because it’s all just a sales pitch anyway. I was scared he’d come off as the biden we all know but for the most part I thought he did fine regardless of the substance. Really one of his better showings. He didn’t shit him self. He didn’t look like he was directly reading from the prompter. He actually talked for a good while and didn’t seem like he was going to pass out or anything. All in all I’d say it was a win just in that he didn’t embarrass us on the world stage. I was nervous about this one. Figure if you’re another country watching and you’re not plugged into what’s really going on here, he did a good job of painting a pretty rosie picture even if we all know it’s bS. He kept the gaffs to a minimum. He knew where he was and who he was talking to. I think it was a win for our country when you consider who it is and what he had to work with. I’d give it a C+. Really thought it was going to be an embarrassing F grade in front of the world watching.
He can surprise for short term stretches
He has been doing this for a long time
Can read a teleprompter and resort to sound bites/,taking points when needed
But the message was the same . Big government, wealth redistribution ,intrusion on personal liberty, fixation on climate change etc

Even some democrats were not impressed
8OQLhmieLNQPfdKz1CLBJK86BM4-MjsI60XjYDSjFWaTNyjzhwBTxTe070rSACk8FlTwMdMssk6JKkbbgImPgEXsB-0Ivny2j_sgKKnq-JHfFQSowDwnTNrRwMX8J2_YOZYujvmgxc3Ql--vcHpe9i9njs3uZgTLoUtZ03Msg_wTxQHjyA=s0-d-e1-ft

Excellent analysis
Other than hating on Putin, which is like mom and Apple pie, everyone agrees on that ; was more of the same
Increase spending and the nonsensical Pay your Fair share gobble gook .
Nothing really about border security, other than stop human and drug trafficking. If you walk over the border, you are home free , that’s not a border nor security nor enforcement. It’s a joke

Nothing really on inflation, other than the ridiculous accusation that having 4 meat packing plants is causing rising prices . If they are colluding on price fixing , prosecute them . Republicans believe in enforcing anti trust laws
. Nothing to increase production of our own Oil and Gas reserves. The one effective detriment to Putin , nada
In sum it was the same ole same old .
Guaranteed to result in Red Wave in November
Actaually what he said about inflation was comical if it wasn't so stupid.

He basically said to companies;
In the face of rising labor costs (keep paying higher wages) higher transportation costs (gas prices) higher packaging costs (energy prices) PLEASE lower the prices on your products.
In other words, do me a favor.
Yeah ok Joe!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT