ADVERTISEMENT

Wow...no way this affects out “Depth”....or lack thereof, incredible this COVID crap! Part II

Impaler

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
The mere fact that this headline and these excerpts were culled from a notoriously-unapologetic, Canes-Hatin‘ ESPN op-Ed, is that much more impressive...to wit:

“Short-handed Miami, 'on the brink' of not playing amid issues related to COVID-19, edges Virginia Tech.”
Miami coach Manny Diaz said the game was "on the brink" of being postponed after coronavirus-related issues left the Hurricanes thin at key positions.
Miami had 13 players unavailable on Saturday, a week after having 11 players unavailable for a win at NC State. Though the Hurricanes did not explicitly list reasons so many players were out, Diaz said they had to wait until the final coronavirus tests before making an ultimate determination about playing.

"We were on the brink [of not playing], and the players' attitude was the most telling," Diaz said in his postgame comments. "They wanted to play, and we were right on the brink at some position groups whether we could even function as a team. Some guys had to step up.”

“Considering all the missing players over the past two weeks, the way Miami has been able to win is all the more impressive. Last week, the Hurricanes overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to beat NC State 44-41 when D'Eriq King threw a 54-yard touchdown pass to Mike Harley.”

"I would say this team is a fourth-quarter team," King said. "Coach Diaz makes us pride ourselves on being a fourth-quarter team. Finding ways to win, it's big. It was a rough week for us, didn't know if we were goingto play or not, but we tyrannical came out here and played. We found a way."

"It's definitely a lot of positive energy and a lot of belief in the locker room right now," said defensive end Jaelan Phillips, who with 2.5 sacks and 4.5 tackles for loss had his best game since coming to Miami from UCLA. "Every week, we're becoming stronger as a team. All facets of our team are improving. We're feeling more together; we're feeling more confident. I'm excited about what we have going on."

***You can find the entire article on (ESPN.com)...I’m reticent to provide the articles webpage cause tyrannical-Gary, doesn’t like us posting content from other sports related websites***

Ok, now let us sit back a see how long it takes some of our boys’ own hometown-team hating “fans” to wipe thier collective asses with these few, welcomed accolades, rare as they most certainly are, especially coming from those unrepetent-trolls roaming the halls over in Bristol, Conn....my Timer starts...NOW!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News