ADVERTISEMENT

You're Out of Your Cotton Picking Mind Says Trump Adviser

Well tells us the facts of out of your cotton pricing minds....when did it become racist...when was that first said...i want facts

Trace origin of phrase to later 1700’s Southern states. Many variations “ He’s picking high cotton “ translation “ He’s got it easy “. Cotton picking phrases were again popularized starting in 1953 by Bugs Bunny in “ Bully for Bugs “. Back then calling blacks “ Cotton Pickers “ was a racial term.

Cems....this is the perfect example of facts being skewed. You don’t want to believe it but it is a fact that the dnc and Hillary campaign funded Steele to come up with dirt on Candidate Trump. It is also fact that Steele used his Russian intel sources for that information.

Now for one minute replace the dnc with RNC and Hillary with Trump and tell me what you think. You’d be screaming collusion, and yet as is, you somehow can’t see it. Why is that?
You are the only person skewing facts. Remember, no matter how twisted your reality is, Mueller's is the only one that counts.

How about Benghazi, Fast and Furious, the FISA issues, the use of Russian intel to defeat Trump. You have been convinced each issue is nothing but right wing nonsense and yet there are facts behind each.

Come on man. Benghazi was investigated for 4 years and no wrong doing was found. That's a fact not your alternative fact.

Lets discuss FISA warrants as it relates to the Mueller investigation. I'm not going to get into a discussion about whether FISA warrants were ever wrongly administered. What facts do you have that FISA warrants were used improperly for this investigation? None!! Only right wing conspiracy theories.

As for Hillary using Russian Intel to defeat Trump, again lies to discredit the Mueller investigation. You saw the IG report and what did it say? No mention of Hillary using any Russian sources to defeat Trump. However, although not intentional, it did say actions by the FBI hurt the Clinton campaign. Those are facts. Read the report again.

What dumb question was that?
My question was when did that phrase become a racist phrase? I’ve heard it all my life and never once was it used in a racist connotation.

Also on a side note not all slaves were black since that seems to be course you guys are taking. There were Native American slaves, Chinese slaves, prisoner slaves. Hell the first slave owner in America was actually black.

So when did this term become an African American slave term in regards to picking cotton?

My question was when did that phrase become a racist phrase? I’ve heard it all my life and never once was it used in a racist connotation.

Also on a side note not all slaves were black since that seems to be course you guys are taking. There were Native American slaves, Chinese slaves, prisoner slaves. Hell the first slave owner in America was actually black.

So when did this term become an African American slave term in regards to picking cotton?

Crickets? Or are they googling an answer?

Rather than being a victim why don’t we actually research this because I’m being dead serious when I say I’ve never heard this as being a racist phrase.
The problem with it is, not just black people picked cotton. I was raised on a cotton farm, and although I didn’t pick it, we had cotton strippers, but my parents were old enough that they did. So I guess my parents should be offended now?

Folk aint laughing at your stupidity anymore.
He's a racist, period. Always posting crap implying racist intentions. If you don't like my comment, too bad.

Maybe you read the article and agree with him.

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
The problem with it is, not just black people picked cotton. I was raised on a cotton farm, and although I didn’t pick it, we had cotton strippers, but my parents were old enough that they did. So I guess my parents should be offended now?
My Grandma picked cotton in North Carolina as well as other crops depending on the season. She was white as were many others that worked with her. It may hurt the narrative, but it was not only Black people that picked crops in the South.

Facts? What facts are you looking for? Two people having a conversation and one used offensive words and the other was offended. Did you watch the video? Did you even read the thread title? Those are the facts.
When did it become offensive to anyone...you guys just make shut up when if my fits your agenda...theres a fact for you.....it gets old when you do this b's....this is why ppl are getting tired of the b's from ur party...,it's ok to say what u want but my god...last year it wasn't offensive all of a sudden it is...i for one don t care anymore...,I don't bother anyone but this is tiresome everyday

I’m sure the guy was offended but honestly I might have laughed at him. Of course, I’d have went on to explain just how many times my dad said that to me growing up. Even to this day, it brings a smile to my face when I think of some the reasons why he said it. Youth....we did some silly cht back in the day.

Facts? What facts are you looking for? Two people having a conversation and one used offensive words and the other was offended. Did you watch the video? Did you even read the thread title? Those are the facts.

When did it become offensive to anyone...you guys just make shut up when if my fits your agenda...theres a fact for you.....it gets old when you do this b's....this is why ppl are getting tired of the b's from ur party...,it's ok to say what u want but my god...last year it wasn't offensive all of a sudden it is...i for one don t care anymore...,I don't bother anyone but this is tiresome everyday
I find it offensive when we have a president who's willing to separate kids from their families to make a point. I think it's also offensive when a political party tries to take away health insurance from families especially kids. These things are offensive to me.

I am not in need of help...i think the person that got offended needs help...what are they a 2 yr old that got offended...grow a set and stop swinging from them....now if you really want to get facts out there I am game
You and the rest of us are in need of help if you come to this forum. Couldn't resist. The only facts you can offer are right wing dribble that nauseates most of us.

Not really though or you’d be willing to work with the administration to fix the border issues on all counts.

I find it offensive when we have a president who's willing to separate kids from their families to make a point. I think it's also offensive when a political party tries to take away health insurance from families especially kids. These things are offensive to me.

I’m sure the guy was offended but honestly I might have laughed at him. Of course, I’d have went on to explain just how many times my dad said that to me growing up. Even to this day, it brings a smile to my face when I think of some the reasons why he said it. Youth....we did some silly cht back in the day.

I enjoy our discussions because I sense you were brought up in a family that was morally outstanding. What happened to you after you became a man only God knows. Smh/Lol

You don't know the pain another man feels unless you have walked in his shoes. I know you've heard that phrase before but this phrase is appropriate for this situation. You would think a person who was victimized and dehumanized for years would become desensitized to racist overtones. But we have a culture where our political parties are divided along racial lines which only heightens our suspicions of each other. And as a result, the slightest utterance of a simple phrase brings to the surface our long standing fears and beliefs.

No it doesn’t. The phrase is used throughout cotton country by all races and no one gets offended. In fact, it’s just another reason for noise.

I enjoy our discussions because I sense you were brought up in a family that was morally outstanding. What happened to you after you became a man only God knows. Smh/Lol

You don't know the pain another man feels unless you have walked in his shoes. I know you've heard that phrase before but this phrase is appropriate for this situation. You would think a person who was victimized and dehumanized for years would become desensitized to racist overtones. But we have a culture where our political parties are divided along racial lines which only heightens our suspicions of each other. And as a result, the slightest utterance of a simple phrase brings to the surface our long standing fears and beliefs.

Reactions: FlatlandCane
Not really though or you’d be willing to work with the administration to fix the border issues on all counts.

You guys don't want to work with Dems. You only want Dems to rubber stamp Trump's nonsense. I say, hell no!! Besides, why didn't you want to work with Obama with his supreme court nominee? As the right wingers said at that time, let the voters decide which president should pick the next supreme court nominee. In this case, let the voters decide which party should write new immigration laws.

You should join forces with CD cuz your positions are similar.

No it doesn’t. The phrase is used throughout cotton country by all races and no one gets offended. In fact, it’s just another reason for noise.

Someone did get offended as evident by the video. You call it noise but some call it offensive. Remember when Jessie Jackson used the phrase Hymietown to describe Jewish neighborhoods? Remember how offended Jews were? Words do matter and this is a perfect example. I personally would never have said that.

As I’m sure you’re aware, it is Congress’ responsility to draft the law and so the Dems would be working with their peers not the President. As for the Supreme Court issue there was precedence for the delay and the voters did decide. You really have to accept that.

Lastly, try as I might CD just refuses to learn and so joining forces just won’t b3 possible. Still hoping he comes along though.

You guys don't want to work with Dems. You only want Dems to rubber stamp Trump's nonsense. I say, hell no!! Besides, why didn't you want to work with Obama with his supreme court nominee? As the right wingers said at that time, let the voters decide which president should pick the next supreme court nominee. In this case, let the voters decide which party should write new immigration laws.

You should join forces with CD cuz your positions are similar.

You not saying it really doesn’t make it offensive. As for the gentlemen offended, I’d recommend he really try not to take things out of context. I think he’ll be ok.

Someone did get offended as evident by the video. You call it noise but some call it offensive. Remember when Jessie Jackson used the phrase Hymietown to describe Jewish neighborhoods? Remember how offended Jews were? Words do matter and this is a perfect example. I personally would never have said that.

As I’m sure you’re aware, it is Congress’ responsility to draft the law and so the Dems would be working with their peers not the President. As for the Supreme Court issue there was precedence for the delay and the voters did decide. You really have to accept that.

Lastly, try as I might CD just refuses to learn and so joining forces just won’t b3 possible. Still hoping he comes along though.
I know how our laws are made. The point is what Dems want in this legislation Trump will not sign. For example, NO WALL!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT