ADVERTISEMENT

Are we still doing the covid panic thing next year?

Yeah I agree
It just needs to stop being a poltical issue
Eventually it will evolve into you are sick as heck, oh you have Covid, you take medicine for 5 days
It’s pretty much there . I work with patients and 70, 80, 90 years old and many have caught covid and bounced back no prob if vaccinated. I had an 83 year old on a oxygen tank that didn’t even blink with covid, came out and underwent a procedure two weeks later.

the covid game is over.

Reactions: thedonaldWYO
Why would someone who isn’t vaxxed just die from covid? CDC data shows that if you are not vaxxed and aged:

0-19, your survival Rate is 99.997%.
20-49 years old, survival rate is 99.98%
50-69 years old survival rate is 99.5%
70 years old and up survival rate is 94.6%

Those numbers are w/o the vax…..so what are you dumb enough to believe that the unvaxxed will die?

The unvaxxed look at these numbers and don’t care if they get covid, because look at the numbers. They aren’t taking the vax bec it wasn’t even tested on animals and nobody has any idea what the side effects will be in 5 years. You idiots really need to educate yourself

the only people really in danger of covid are the elderly, morbidly overweight….which make up 78% of hospitalizations and if you have other serious conditions….or are living in a nursing home with these conditions and happen to live in a state with a Democrat as governor who decides to throw covid positive patients into the nursing home to infect you
I know several people who have died of Covid and healthy.

You can continue your campaign of lies and misinformation but you will never stop our efforts to stop the spread.
Find one lie or misinformation I have posted. You, I have tons, from Russian collusion to bad Covid facts to denial of natural immunity

Reactions: grbcane
I think the bigger problem is how they spread this covid and allow it to mutate coupled with the fact that they are using up valuable resources for everyone else. People can't get appointments, and / or necessary needed medical procedures because of these people getting sick and taking up resources due to refusal of of being vaccinated or tested regularly. These are people that want to tell us about their freedom but selfishly have zero respect for anyone else's freedom.
You can make an argument that unvaccinated people take up resources because they are more likely to need medical services if they get infected. Other than that you can't say they are harming other people because the vaccines don't prevent spread to a significant degree. It would be nice if they did, but they don't.

As for regular testing, what does that accomplish? Unless you were tested every day before leaving the house with a rapid test that has high sensitivity to ASYMPTOMATIC infections (which they don't have and even say on the box that they are for symptomatic infections), it is useless. What is "regularly?" If you get tested 3 times per week there are still 4 days that you can be infected and not know it. If you don't have a rapid result, you can still be infected and spreading from the time of the test until you get the result.

It's a respiratory virus that spreads through the air, not an STD. Regular testing for STDs can help to stop the spread. It's not the same for a respiratory virus.

People's decisions. We live that way with Aids when we met GIrls (or Guys) if we went UN protected on occasions, we lived through swine flu & many other illnesses. Agreed, we all need to turn off the news and it makes life a lot easier. Its not accurate anyway (TV)>
“NEWS” is not the problem..It’s the anti-vaxxers who are spreading false information….

Take away social media, the press and big pharma and this thing wouldn’t have been such a big crisis …..it’s been sensationalized like nothing that I can ever recall.
We ruined plenty of peoples lives by panicking and shutting things down unnecessarily.
In hindsight I still stay the old and compromised should have quarantined and everyone else should have lived their lives normally.
Now The press in Florida is constantly talking about the concern for hospitals being overwhelmed when right now FOUR PERCENT of those hospitalized are covid patients!!
The progressive press just won’t stop…….
Most businesses financially benefitted from this, restaurants especially. The amount of businesses negatively effected, at least based on my clients, is very small. Granted, someone has to pay for all this eventually, right now it was a pretty great time to be a business owner.

Most businesses financially benefitted from this, restaurants especially. The amount of businesses negatively effected, at least based on my clients, is very small. Granted, someone has to pay for all this eventually, right now it was a pretty great time to be a business owner.
Most restaurants benefitted? Nah, too many went out of business, especially those in high rent blue states

Stop it...

Nobody here mentions NFL, NBA or NHL cancelling games or playing w/o their main players

Maybe, just maybe our GOLDEN BOY Tyler Van Dyke tested positive maybe 2 OL tested positive and 2-3 of our WR's tested
positive... YOU WANT US TO STILL PLAY ?

Then complain ..This is BS, We should have stayed home !

Can't have it both ways my Cane Family
FYI NHL has paused for covid.

This is getting pretty stupid. There’s vaccines, boosters, natural immunity out there. Vaccines readily available to those who want it, and almost nobody who’s catching it and is vaxed or previously infected is really getting killed or majorly effected..

why are we still cancelling games and events.

move on people. Live your lives. Covid will be here forever. Variant after variant will come….move on.
#1 Why are people insistent on bringing non sports discussion on a sports site?

#2 Either you follow the advice of the American and developed world’s mainstream medical community or you don’t. Pretty f#cking simple. If you choose to follow medical advice concerning Covid and your health from TV hosts, Donald Trump or any other non physician that’s your right to do so. Maybe you should apply that type of not following advice of the most educated experts in every field to decision making in every aspect of your life. But why in the world people who choose to live like that are obsessed with constantly trying to preach to everybody else to do the same is mind boggling.

I’m sick of Covid talk. Do whatever the f#ck you want with your body and your life. You will have to suffer the consequences that society puts in place. And if that makes you upset then take it to the court system. Just stay the f#ck away from me and go tell somebody else about it!

Stop with your deflections and right wing nonsense.
Just one question....at what point is a counter argument or different opinion NOT a right wing conspiracy? Plenty of doctors, nurses, etc etc that have spoken out. Are they all wrong?

Like seriously any argument that does not agree with some is automatically right wing, conspiracy, or just a lie.

Are we to only believe what CNN, the liberal media and/or a director of said organization that has stocks is said pharmaceutical company? I mean does any of that cause you consider that maybe, just maybe there is special interest there?

Most restaurants benefitted? Nah, too many went out of business, especially those in high rent blue states
Google PPP Loans.....Restaurants were all made whole with sales and obviously had far less expenses. It was a great year for those who had professional guidance.

Just one question....at what point is a counter argument or different opinion NOT a right wing conspiracy? Plenty of doctors, nurses, etc etc that have spoken out. Are they all wrong?

Like seriously any argument that does not agree with some is automatically right wing, conspiracy, or just a lie.

Are we to only believe what CNN, the liberal media and/or a director of said organization that has stocks is said pharmaceutical company? I mean does any of that cause you consider that maybe, just maybe there is special interest there?
Lots of Germans thought Hitler was a Saint. You feel me now?

Was the Trans people comment necessary? Never heard "Trans people" being infectious. Smh
As usual you missed the point
NC cancelled an all star game, because Trans bathrooms weren’t provided. My SIMPLE point was, we shouldnt have to change our lifestyles for a FEW.
Got IT?
Lastly you’re the last fukin thing i need to worry about today,given my son’s news thread.
However thanks for deflecting my anger at you.

Pfffffffft

Saving lives is a foolish argument. Do you hear yourself?
Your not saving anything. Those who chose to get vaccinated are extremely safe. Those who chose not to have decided that it’s worth the risk.

Basically nobody is getting killed from this that is vaccinated, no D1 college football players have died from this.

it’s a joke at this point. Your not saving any lives

#1 Why are people insistent on bringing non sports discussion on a sports site?

#2 Either you follow the advice of the American and developed world’s mainstream medical community or you don’t. Pretty f#cking simple. If you choose to follow medical advice concerning Covid and your health from TV hosts, Donald Trump or any other non physician that’s your right to do so. Maybe you should apply that type of not following advice of the most educated experts in every field to decision making in every aspect of your life. But why in the world people who choose to live like that are obsessed with constantly trying to preach to everybody else to do the same is mind boggling.

I’m sick of Covid talk. Do whatever the f#ck you want with your body and your life. You will have to suffer the consequences that society puts in place. And if that makes you upset then take it to the court system. Just stay the f#ck away from me and go tell somebody else about it!
It’s a sports discussion because we are losing games to it

I know several people who have died of Covid and healthy.
Ok, well I don’t know anyone that has and facts are facts, if you get covid, you probably have better than a 99.9% chance of survival

The term healthy can mean different things to different people as well.

Omg…..get real dude, we will all die and it likely won’t be from Covid
This is as stupid as me telling you I am not going to change my oil in my truck because the truck will eventually die one day anyway. Oh, and that message is for you and anyone who liked your message.

Reactions: cems52
Your not saving anything. Those who chose to get vaccinated are extremely safe. Those who chose not to have decided that it’s worth the risk.

Basically nobody is getting killed from this that is vaccinated, no D1 college football players have died from this.

it’s a joke at this point. Your not saving any lives
You really have no clue how this virus works. For example, did you know a fully vaccinated person could infect an unvaccinated person and they could die? You shouldn't post on this subject when you know so little about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT