ADVERTISEMENT

Are we still doing the covid panic thing next year?

This is as stupid as me telling you I am not going to change my oil in my truck because the truck will eventually die one day anyway. Oh, and that message is for you and anyone who liked your message.
There is something wrong with the thinking process of this guy and others.

As usual you missed the point
NC cancelled an all star game, because Trans bathrooms weren’t provided. My SIMPLE point was, we shouldnt have to change our lifestyles for a FEW.
Got IT?
Lastly you’re the last fukin thing i need to worry about today,given my son’s news thread.
However thanks for deflecting my anger at you.

Pfffffffft
Your ignorance continues to amaze me and others.

Reactions: cdwright40
Lots of Germans thought Hitler was a Saint. You feel me now?
I don't, lots of us regurgitate what we are told in the media. There are many medical professionals that have spoken out against narratives with actual data and experience. That all cannot be conspiracy.

Maybe it's the way the message is relayed.. If I told you that many people have been killed at hospitals versus dying of covid you would probably say I'm loony.

However that is exactly what has occurred. People have died from kidney failure, liver failure, heart conditions etc etc NOT of covid, with covid.

Do yourself a favor and watch the documentary, "What the Health" on Netflix. Maybe that will help you react with pause.

Reactions: grbcane
Nonsense. Some were, many were not
As I said, those with proper guidance. Restaurants had 3 PPP loans and the last one ensured that they were made whole with sales. You can call it nonsense all you'd like but that is what happened.

I don't, lots of us regurgitate what we are told in the media. There are many medical professionals that have spoken out against narratives with actual data and experience. That all cannot be conspiracy.

Maybe it's the way the message is relayed.. If I told you that many people have been killed at hospitals versus dying of covid you would probably say I'm loony.

However that is exactly what has occurred. People have died from kidney failure, liver failure, heart conditions etc etc NOT of covid, with covid.

Do yourself a favor and watch the documentary, "What the Health" on Netflix. Maybe that will help you react with pause.
One of my clients is the CEO of a major hospital chain in SFL. I asked him about the idea that hospitals are exxagerrating covid deaths for the additional funds. He said it's one of the dumbest conspiracies he's ever heard. A covid death nets the hospital 17k and patient might be there for a month. An elective surgery for cataracts might net the hospital 17k in an hour. He said Covid has cost the hospital insane amounts of money and hospitals are some of the biggest losers in all of this FWIW.

I've seen enough documentaries to last a lifetime especially ones that have no relevance to the current pandemic.

This is getting pretty stupid. There’s vaccines, boosters, natural immunity out there. Vaccines readily available to those who want it, and almost nobody who’s catching it and is vaxed or previously infected is really getting killed or majorly effected..

why are we still cancelling games and events.

move on people. Live your lives. Covid will be here forever. Variant after variant will come….move on.
I agree completely. We're stuck with this thiig until another 20% of the US decides to do their part in killing the virus. Now that vaccines and treatments are available there is no reason for restrictions, shutdowns, etc. in the course of every day life. I wore the mask (even when Fauci said it wasn't necessary) for a long friggin' time. Just got tested for the first time. Neg, never got it. Roofer in public all the time. The masks work but now I'm vaxxed and boosted, soooo. I still mask when shopping sometimes. We're still losing about 1,000 a day, the vast majority of which are unvaccinated. If folks choose not to vax, they do so at their own risk but if they catch it they should please consider wearing a DNR sticker instead of berating the doctors' credentials, demanding whacko treatments meant for animals or threatening the lives of the people trying to save them since they ignored their advice on how to avoid intubation.

That said, how we proceed in regards to kids is different. The school must perform its due diligence in protecting their students, all of whom have parents (with attorneys) who expect the school to protect their kids. The NFL, NBA and pro sports in general will continue with their schedules but college sports will be a mess for some time. The only way around it would be some sort of waiver signed by kids and their parents. Jmo, can't wait for the responses, l o l . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: wlucky and CANE1983
Nonsense. Some were, many were not
I noticed the clown post you replied to was taken down. Maybe the economic dunce that wrote it was informed of the facts. The "restuarants were made whole by PPP" narrative is just BS to the vast majority of family owned restaurants. I will believe the real people that I know in the restaurant industry over what some "message board clown" regurgitates from a MSM propaganda piece that made it to page one of Google not because of content but because of good SEO.

You're right. However, there are innocent people who are being infected by their recklessness. Right?
Yes, but your logic is saying that the vaxed people. The people who actually did get vaxed to protect themselves and OTHERS, need to continue to pay the price for those that haven't and don't give a shit RIGHT?

One of my clients is the CEO of a major hospital chain in SFL. I asked him about the idea that hospitals are exxagerrating covid deaths for the additional funds. He said it's one of the dumbest conspiracies he's ever heard. A covid death nets the hospital 17k and patient might be there for a month. An elective surgery for cataracts might net the hospital 17k in an hour. He said Covid has cost the hospital insane amounts of money and hospitals are some of the biggest losers in all of this FWIW.
I tried sharing a video from a conference where that is argued. Ofcourse FB deleted it. If I find it I'll share it.

Yep.....time to play that football game. Got it! Smfh
It's not just football cems.
It getting back t normal non mandated life. The reason why people love this country, is because you can choose to make of life what you can.
COVID is a virus, and will be a virus just like the flu. So, have we shut down the country and mandated things for the FLU?

As I said, those with proper guidance. Restaurants had 3 PPP loans and the last one ensured that they were made whole with sales. You can call it nonsense all you'd like but that is what happened.
Real people that work in real restaurants would disagree with clowns that eats at a restuarant a couple times a week read a couple articles and think they know it all..

This is getting pretty stupid. There’s vaccines, boosters, natural immunity out there. Vaccines readily available to those who want it, and almost nobody who’s catching it and is vaxed or previously infected is really getting killed or majorly effected..

why are we still cancelling games and events.

move on people. Live your lives. Covid will be here forever. Variant after variant will come….move on.
Are we still doing the politicizing of a pandemic thing?

It's not just football cems.
It getting back t normal non mandated life. The reason why people love this country, is because you can choose to make of life what you can.
COVID is a virus, and will be a virus just like the flu. So, have we shut down the country and mandated things for the FLU?
That's always been the goal.

Reactions: grbcane
I noticed the clown post you replied to was taken down. Maybe the economic dunce that wrote it was informed of the facts. The "restuarants were made whole by PPP" narrative is just BS to the vast majority of family owned restaurants. I will believe the real people that I know in the restaurant industry over what some "message board clown" regurgitates from a MSM propaganda piece that made it to page one of Google not because of content but because of good SEO.
@6882 thoughts?

I agree completely. We're stuck with this thiig until another 20% of the US decides to do their part in killing the virus. Now that vaccines and treatments are available there is no reason for restrictions, shutdowns, etc. in the course of every day life. I wore the mask (even when Fauci said it wasn't necessary) for a long friggin' time. Just got tested for the first time. Neg, never got it. Roofer in public all the time. The masks work but now I'm vaxxed and boosted, soooo. I still mask when shopping sometimes. We're still losing about 1,000 a day, the vast majority of which are unvaccinated. If folks choose not to vax, they do so at their own risk but if they catch it they should please consider wearing a DNR sticker instead of berating the doctors' credentials, demanding whacko treatments meant for animals or threatening the lives of the people trying to save them since they ignored their advice on how to avoid intubation.

That said, how we proceed in regards to kids is different. The school must perform its due diligence in protecting their students, all of whom have parents (with attorneys) who expect the school to protect their kids. The NFL, NBA and pro sports in general will continue with their schedules but college sports will be a mess for some time. The only way around it would be some sort of waiver signed by kids and their parents. Jmo, can't wait for the responses, l o l . . .
Can we please stop with this 100% false narrative that when "enough" people get vaccinated then COVID goes away. IT IS NOT TRUE. It might have been true with the original strain (we'll neve know) but it isn't true with the Delta nor with the Omicron variant. They weren't widely available before those variants existed.

It is a math equation and the vaccines are not effective enough in preventing infection and ability to spread to possibly "end COVID" no matter how many people are vaccinated. It just is not possible with the current vaccines.

You can believe that wearing a mask is why you didn't get COVID before you were vaccinated but now even CNN medical experts are admitting that cloth masks don't do anything. I and plenty of people I know only ever wore a mask when forced to and didn't ever test positive.

Yeah I agree
It just needs to stop being a poltical issue
Eventually it will evolve into you are sick as heck, oh you have Covid, you take medicine for 5 days
Should have been that scenario from the beginning.

It's beyond absurd at this point. History will judge our "leaders" very, very harshly.

Real people that work in real restaurants would disagree with clowns that eats at a restuarant a couple times a week read a couple articles and think they know it all..
We were talking about restaurant owners not workers. I don't need to read a couple articles, I do this for a living, thanks tho!

It’s pretty much there . I work with patients and 70, 80, 90 years old and many have caught covid and bounced back no prob if vaccinated. I had an 83 year old on a oxygen tank that didn’t even blink with covid, came out and underwent a procedure two weeks later.

the covid game is over.
So is our bowl game and what is next 2022 games? Where does it end?

You really have no clue how this virus works. For example, did you know a fully vaccinated person could infect an unvaccinated person and they could die? You shouldn't post on this subject when you know so little about it.
I follow CDC and they keep moving the Gold Post!

It’s a sports discussion because we are losing games to it
People get way into other aspects which are not about losing games. Besides, what is there to talk about? We will all find out as the season approaches if the national health situation is going to have the schools considering canceling games or not. Every single post on this site that has any connection to vaccines turns into a debate about science and medicine and even worse politics. Talking which is really arguing about vaccines or any disease has no place on a sports site. Everybody who is obsessed with vaccines and treatments and public health policy and those things should all go somewhere else and they can sit around arguing 24 hours a day about those things.

The only people I have any detailed discussions with about any disease or vaccine or treatment for any illness is my freaking doctor! And I listen to him/her not a TV host or politicians. Enough with this Covid and vaccine crap on this site!

People get way into other aspects which are not about losing games. Besides, what is there to talk about? We will all find out as the season approaches if the national health situation is going to have the schools considering canceling games or not. Every single post on this site that has any connection to vaccines turns into a debate about science and medicine and even worse politics. Talking which is really arguing about vaccines or any disease has no place on a sports site. Everybody who is obsessed with vaccines and treatments and public health policy and those things should all go somewhere else and they can sit around arguing 24 hours a day about those things.

The only people I have any detailed discussions with about any disease or vaccine or treatment for any illness is my freaking doctor! And I listen to him/her not a TV host or politicians. Enough with this Covid and vaccine crap on this site!
I couldn't agree more..

Doesn’t the latest information show zero effect of J&J vaccine (the one I got as it was the only one offered by my provider) on the new variant? Not peer reviewed though
I did get a 50mg booster of Moderna ( twice the normal booster amount ) but that’s also iffy as far as effectiveness on the new strain.
Meanwhile Brandon is exhorting everyone to get a vaccination and a boost without any science to show that they are effective on the new variants . Get a jab , we don’t know what effect it will have , but you will die otherwise.
That’s the message ? And oh, by the way the those J &J vaccines? No help . We were just kidding . Maybe the MRNA stiff is better , maybe not , but who knows , but don’t get these shots which we don’t know will help .. and you will die .
What am I missing here ?
This is just a PR move . Get vaccinated because it may help , but that’s all we got folks .
Meanwhile we should have an ample supply of all therapeutics in the ready . They seem to be effective for all variants
The misinformation which is being spewed is coming from Washington DC
They are clueless

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT