ADVERTISEMENT

Do White Amercans have "White Privilege "

I must admit that I was lucky enough to have enjoyed white privilege. Yes, I was privileged to be able to start installing awnings, storm shutters and burglar bars and such at age 15 during my summers. Then I was lucky enough to start doing roofing work at 17. Nothing says privilege like working 12 to 16 hour days on a roof in the South Fla. heat. I still feel terribly guilty that I was given so many more advantages in life than most others are afforded.
Why didn't you just steal like @Flea1384 ?

I must admit that I was lucky enough to have enjoyed white privilege. Yes, I was privileged to be able to start installing awnings, storm shutters and burglar bars and such at age 15 during my summers. Then I was lucky enough to start doing roofing work at 17. Nothing says privilege like working 12 to 16 hour days on a roof in the South Fla. heat. I still feel terribly guilty that I was given so many more advantages in life than most others are afforded.
Just imagine the African American that started business in black neighborhoods that no longer has them because of red lining, drugs,guns and police intimidations that people like you and other White Supremist with White privilege introduced into the black neighborhoods? Yes your White Supremacy/ White privilege has served you well! And yes you should feel guilty!

Reactions: ucfgoon51
Just imagine the African American that started business in black neighborhoods that no longer has them because of red lining, drugs,guns and police intimidations that people like you and other White Supremist with White privilege introduced into the black neighborhoods? Yes your White Supremacy/ White privilege has served you well! And yes you should feel guilty!
How about, Gary? Should he feel guilty? Is he a racist too?

How about, Gary? Should he feel guilty? Is he a racist too?
Yes! Anybody that shares your views is racist! Okay I have to go. You the routine. Why don't you go and drink a bucket of horse sperm and eat you some cookies and carry your white Racist azz to sleep. I'm about to go bang me some White women

Yes! Anybody that shares your views is racist! Okay I have to go. You the routine. Why don't you go and drink a bucket of horse sperm and eat you some cookies and carry your white Racist azz to sleep. I'm about to go bang me some White women
@gferman Hello there i'am not going to do this in a pm, people can call me a snitch if they please. Do the right thing and get rid of the flea

panting.gif

I know a bit about some of them African American, notice how I didn't say black out of respect to you, business owners in those neighborhoods. The business where I had the installer and factory job was at 54th St and 7th Ave in Miami. I frequented many of the businesses in that area over the course of years I worked there. I agree 100% with you about the plight of some of those business owners. How about when they take a property for cheap by eminent domain rules and then build a sports arena or some high end development. Where we differ is that I can sympathize with those that are different than me, you on the other hand think that all whites are born, live and die without ever having to face burdens or hardships. I got news for you, we all have obstacles to overcome.

This thread is so laughable that I'll just let most of y'all carry on....

This thread is so laughable that I'll just let most of y'all carry on....

I'm not going to disagree with you on the thread.... most are laughable....at least in here, but what is your take on the video? I will be honest here and say that although you and I differ in our politics, you and norm seem to be level headed about issues and I respect that.

I'm not going to disagree with you on the thread.... most are laughable....at least in here, but what is your take on the video? I will be honest here and say that although you and I differ in our politics, you and norm seem to be level headed about issues and I respect that.
I don't disagree with the message in the video, but in general when I hear "white privilege" I don't think economic, I think in lines of social issues. Someone like the Stanford rapist or bankers getting a slap on the wrist. I suppose that term is applied more broadly in today's world but personally, I don't hear it used in that context on a regular basis.

Reactions: canesfan470
I'm gonna give you a basic human American privilege we ALL should have..the right to expect to go home to your family at night if you are unarmed & have an interaction with a police officer..or not get you azz whupped even when you're compliant. The black experience of dealing with rogue cops is something that I just can't explain to anyone.

Reactions: FlatlandCane
Who brought crack cocaine into the United States? I’ll hang up and listen thanks!

I'm gonna give you a basic human American privilege we ALL should have..the right to expect to go home to your family at night if you are unarmed & have an interaction with a police officer..or not get you azz whipped even when you're compliant. The black experience of dealing with rogue cops is something that I just can't explain to anyone.
From someone with a badge you have my sincerest sympathy and respect. Sorry that happened to you. Totally agree and for me everyone gets that unless you fuggin up lol.

In all seriousness I work with high school kids on a daily basis and my #1 goal is provide them a positive experience with law enforcement. Now when they mess up I make sure they know they messed up but the relationship we build is key to not having those bad confrontations.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with the message in the video, but in general when I hear "white privilege" I don't think economic, I think in lines of social issues. Someone like the Stanford rapist or bankers getting a slap on the wrist. I suppose that term is applied more broadly in today's world but personally, I don't hear it used in that context on a regular basis.

You haven't been in here when Azar was here.

That wasn’t white privilege. That was small town bullsh#t politics that should’ve never been allowed. That rapist POS should’ve been buried under the jail. f’ing tragedy

From someone with a badge you have sincerest sympathy and respect. Sorry that happened to you. Totally agree and for me everyone gets that unless you fuggin up lol.

In all seriousness I work with high school kids on a daily basis and my #1 goal is provide them a positive experience with law enforcement. Now when they mess up I make sure they know they messed up but the relationship we build is key to not having those bad confrontations.
Anyone who f^ks up should have to pay the piper...but that piper should be for any and everyone equally.. and it's NOT! If that was a black swimmer at Stanford who was convicted of sexually assaulting someone, his azz would've SURELY did his whole bid..If an 18 yr old black kid raped a disabled student, (black, white, purple, whatever) his azz would be in JAIL!! MAKE SHYT FAIR DAWG!!

@gferman Hello there i'am not going to do this in a pm, people can call me a snitch if they please. Do the right thing and get rid of the flea
Wait...Aren't the same people signing off here People that call me a snitch? ROLMAO...too funny. I guess it is okay if you are the people offended....smfh

Anyone who f^ks up should have to pay the piper...but that piper should be for any and everyone equally.. and it's NOT! If that was a black swimmer at Stanford who was convicted of sexually assaulting someone, his azz would've SURELY did his whole bid..If an 18 yr old black kid raped a disabled student, (black, white, purple, whatever) his azz would be in JAIL!! MAKE SHYT FAIR DAWG!!
This is the world we live in. This is still the greatest country on earth with all its faults.....but people need to stop acting like we don't have faults. People protesting are not only looking to defame the flag. There is a reason behind any protest. I think too much time is spent on what the flag should mean to everyone and too little time solving problems.

This is the world we live in. This is still the greatest country on earth with all its faults.....but people need to stop acting like we don't have faults. People protesting are not only looking to defame the flag. There is a reason behind any protest. I think too much time is spent on what the flag should mean to everyone and too little time solving problems.
I’ll share with you based on my conversations over the last few days of what everybody is up in arms about at least from the law-enforcement side is that there is no defined group of people that are being protested against. It basically looks like it’s a protest against all law-enforcement which to us is very offensive. And understandably because we don’t want to be lumped into the same group with these people that we also view as criminals and not cops.

I’ll share with you based on my conversations over the last few days of what everybody is up in arms about at least from the law-enforcement side is that there is no defined group of people that are being protested against. It basically looks like it’s a protest against all law-enforcement which to us is very offensive. And understandably because we don’t want to be lumped into the same group with these people that we also view as criminals and not cops.
People are way too easily offended. If you are good at your job there should be no offense. It protest law enforcement officers who are not good at their jobs and the first step is to acknowledge such people exist. Because like every other job there is, clearly they exist and something should be done universally. More training. Better training. Cameras. Consequences....etc. There has to be some level of universal corrective action. If nothing is done things just get worse.

I damn sure didn't hide anything, thats what were about transparency ROLMAO SMDH GIGOLD HEEHAW
#taylorwright
Who hid something? I told each and every one of you it's going down....i have no problem telling you either. What was going on here was unacceptable.

People are way too easily offended. If you are good at your job there should be no offense. It protest law enforcement officers who are not good at their jobs and the first step is to acknowledge such people exist. Because like every other job there is, clearly they exist and something should be done universally. More training. Better training. Cameras. Consequences....etc. There has to be some level of universal corrective action. If nothing is done things just get worse.
Dude this isn’t a training issue... it’s a dumbass issue. You don’t need f’ing training to somehow realize you don’t target people based on their skin color. Every cop in the country gets this in basic recruit training. It’s went over numerous times. You honestly think it doesn’t get brought up, discussed??? You ever heard of Tarnishing the Badge? Those people are shunned, turned in and at time prosecuted!

Dude this isn’t a training issue... it’s a dumbass issue. You don’t need f’ing training to somehow realize you don’t target people based on their skin color. Every cop in the country gets this in basic recruit training. It’s went over numerous times. You honestly think it doesn’t get brought up, discussed??? You ever heard of Tarnishing the Badge? Those people are shunned, turned in and at time prosecuted!
Those were examples. The point is something needs to be done....and it isn't. What has brought us to this point is there really aren't any consequences either.

Those were examples. The point is something needs to be done....and it isn't. What has brought us to this point is there really aren't any consequences either.
I’m sorry those are your feelings but the reality is there are consequences whether it be criminal prosecution or civil remedies. In the case of a Eric Garner the state of NY paid $5.3 million out to his family. Officers careers were effectively ended. Did they intend to kill him, I don’t believe so. He died from a heart attack that was more than likely brought on by the struggle and him being extremely obese. There’s been other instances also. Here’s the problem if you give a goal then people ca work towards it. There’s never been a goal set and there was a reason for it. It’s never been defined and there is a reason for that also. It’s an attack on all Law Enforcement. You want Law Enforcement hear you and understand but that has to be a two way street. There’s a lot that could be addressed going both directions. Gotta set objectives to meet goals.

I’m sorry those are your feelings but the reality is there are consequences whether it be criminal prosecution or civil remedies. In the case of a Eric Garner the state of NY paid $5.3 million out to his family. Officers careers were effectively ended. Did they intend to kill him, I don’t believe so. He died from a heart attack that was more than likely brought on by the struggle and him being extremely obese. There’s been other instances also. Here’s the problem if you give a goal then people ca work towards it. There’s never been a goal set and there was a reason for it. It’s never been defined and there is a reason for that also. It’s an attack on all Law Enforcement. You want Law Enforcement hear you and understand but that has to be a two way street. There’s a lot that could be addressed going both directions. Gotta set objectives to meet goals.
Nothing to apologize for on your behalf. I hear what your saying....but My point is look. I am an African American. If my son was needlessly murdered i am not worried about a damn anthem if there is no justice. I know you as a father should understand this.

Nothing to apologize for on your behalf. I hear what your saying....but My point is look. I am an African American. If my son was needlessly murdered i am not worried about a damn anthem if there is no justice. I know you as a father should understand this.
Absolutely totally understand it. There has to be some dialogue because we can’t go on like this forever. It’s gotta get fixed. My biggest fear is that when this dialogue actually begins there will be nut jobs from the left and right trying to manipulate that dialogue. There are people in this country who don’t want unity. People in high power who don’t want unity. They are who benefit from our division and when they no longer have that control they’re f#cked!

Absolutely totally understand it. There has to be some dialogue because we can’t go on like this forever. It’s gotta get fixed. My biggest fear is that when this dialogue actually begins there will be nut jobs from the left and right trying to manipulate that dialogue. There are people in this country who don’t want unity. People in high power who don’t want unity. They are who benefit from our division and when they no longer have that control they’re f#cked!
Fair point. Ideally I would like to see leadership on both sides come together...but when you are talking extreme left of right they are going to be too far apart. I think people that both sides respect need to try to come up with some ideas to stop the protest by agreeing to some options here. This tribal mentality we have in our society these days truly bothers me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT