ADVERTISEMENT

Do White Amercans have "White Privilege "

sagging-pants.jpg

White privilege is a ghost phrase that blacks invented to reject personal responsibility, hard work, and long term goals, and instead accept a victim mentality which blames white people for making America an institutional racist corporation.

What are your thoughts on Hunter vs Underwood, Plessy vs. Ferguson, or the 3/5 compromise with respect to white privilege?

Nothing to apologize for on your behalf. I hear what your saying....but My point is look. I am an African American. If my son was needlessly murdered i am not worried about a damn anthem if there is no justice. I know you as a father should understand this.

cd, are you from Africa? The answer is no. Are you black? The answer is yes. Thus your
an American black, or black American.

I don't disagree with the message in the video, but in general when I hear "white privilege" I don't think economic, I think in lines of social issues. Someone like the Stanford rapist or bankers getting a slap on the wrist. I suppose that term is applied more broadly in today's world but personally, I don't hear it used in that context on a regular basis.
I agree them ppl do get a slap on the wrist...but I differ on the races...in what I know the rich get that..poor ppl do not ..

What are your thoughts on Hunter vs Underwood, Plessy vs. Ferguson, or the 3/5 compromise with respect to white privilege?

What are my thoughts on Plessy v. Ferguson? Is this some sort of rhetorical question? My thoughts are the thoughts that Warren articulated in Brown v. Board of Education. I believe Hunter v. Underwood was an Equal Protection case dealing with voting/registration to vote. I'll have to take a look at that one again.

cd, are you from Africa? The answer is no. Are you black? The answer is yes. Thus your
an American black, or black American.
I'm so happy you are here to explain to me what I am......lmao. Thanks but no thanks. I don't need you to explain who I am...I know who I am. I will be the one who defines who I am as I see fit. You have no clue who I am or anything about my heritage outside what I tell you it is. Thanks anyway!

I'm so happy you are here to explain to me what I am......lmao. Thanks but no thanks. I don't need you to explain who I am...I know who I am. I will be the one who defines who I am as I see fit. You have no clue who I am or anything about my heritage outside what I tell you it is. Thanks anyway!
Come on CD you told us u are from ga and colored person....that makes you a Georgia colored person...thanks for letting us know

Come on CD you told us u are from ga and colored person....that makes you a Georgia colored person...thanks for letting us know
First of all I am not from Georgia. I live in Georgia. Second of all, unless it is either 1862 or you are an old, racist white man from the south, black people are not referred to as Colored any longer.

I think I can define for myself who I am so please leave it alone. I am not here defining what to call you. You don't need to tell me about who I am or where I am from. I will tell you....if I think it is important enough.

First of all I am not from Georgia. I live in Georgia. Second of all, unless it is either 1862 or you are an old, racist white man from the south, black people are not referred to as Colored any longer.

I think I can define for myself who I am so please leave it alone. I am not here defining what to call you. You don't need to tell me about who I am or where I am from. I will tell you....if I think it is important enough.
Ok they said not blacks either what is the thing today

I really don't care about where ur from or about you at all

Colored person 470?? And you actually liked this Thug?? SMH
Yep. I know 470, not a racist bone in his body.
Ok they said not blacks either what is the thing today
Don't pay him no mind. I read the exchange where he went nuts saying the term "blacks" is racist. You tried to appease him and now he's mad again.

Colored person 470?? And you actually liked this Thug?? SMH
M Dan I try to get things right....it was said on here not to say blacks...so I didn't do that now it's a problem if I use that too....come on I think it is just looking for something now...it was a conversation not attacking a race...this is absurd as it gets

M Dan I try to get things right....it was said on here not to say blacks...so I didn't do that now it's a problem if I use that too....come on I think it is just looking for something now...it was a conversation not attacking a race...this is absurd as it gets
It's 2017 and you really said colored? Come on now, maybe you saw it as a little joke to jab at CD, but I didn't find it funny at all..I'll just let you continue to do your thing..

What are my thoughts on Plessy v. Ferguson? Is this some sort of rhetorical question? My thoughts are the thoughts that Warren articulated in Brown v. Board of Education. I believe Hunter v. Underwood was an Equal Protection case dealing with voting/registration to vote. I'll have to take a look at that one again.

Missed the point. Here is where i'm confused, unless your just trolling. You say, "White privilege is a ghost phrase that blacks invented." From which it can be inferred that white privilege never existed if it has thereby been "made up by blacks".

How do you reconcile Jim Crow laws with your statement since Jim Crow laws were designed to codify southern white privilege by diminishing the rights of blacks in the south?

Do you think that black slaves who were counted as 3/5 of a person so their slave owners could attain more representatives in the House while simultaneously denying black slaves any rights, let alone voting rights, "invented (white privilege) to reject personal responsibility, hard work, and long term goals, and instead accept a victim mentality which blamed white people for making America an institutional racist corporation?

Do you not think it was a privilege that the white southern economy was built on the backs of black slaves?
After the civil war, what about the white families that maintained their wealth generated from the slave trade, did they not have white privilege?

Are you actually saying white privilege has never existed? Or that it just doesn't exist today? If it doesn't exits today when did it end?

Last edited:
Reactions: m.dan
Missed the point. Here is where i'm confused, unless your just trolling. You say, "White privilege is a ghost phrase that blacks invented." From which it can be inferred that white privilege never existed if it has thereby been "made up by blacks".

How do you reconcile Jim Crow laws with your statement since Jim Crow laws were designed to codify southern white privilege by diminishing the rights of blacks in the south?

Do you think that black slaves who were counted as 3/5 of a person so their slave owners could attain more representatives in the House while simultaneously denying black slaves any rights, let alone voting rights, "invented (white privilege) to reject personal responsibility, hard work, and long term goals, and instead accept a victim mentality which blamed white people for making America an institutional racist corporation?

Do you not think it was a privilege that the white southern economy was built on the backs of black slaves?
After the civil war, what about the white families that maintained their wealth generated from the slave trade, did they not have white privilege?

Are you actually saying white privilege has never existed? Or that it just doesn't exist today? If it doesn't exits today when did it end?

Yeah sure obviously Jim Crow laws and a plethora of other acts were passed post civil war to disenfranchise blacks from standing on equal footing as whites. I don't think anyone with a half functioning brain is going to dispute that, and that fact to me is a non-debatable issue. The concept of white privilege that I was referencing is what we see nowadays in a more modern context. The notion that America is this abhorrent institutional racist corporation out to beat down the black man at all costs and keep him there, is absurd. That argument may have flown 100 years ago- even 50 years ago, but now. We just had a black President 9 months ago. We have bona fide racism in this country, but not this white privilege institutional racism that too many blacks and the mainstream media likes to throw out therre so fast and loose in reckless fashion.

It's 2017 and you really said colored? Come on now, maybe you saw it as a little joke to jab at CD, but I didn't find it funny at all..I'll just let you continue to do your thing..

I employ a young man who is black. Just having a casual conversation about the stuff going on right now, a couple of days ago, and he used the term "colored". Not once but several times. It caught me off guard the first time. I give him a strange look, he asked what? I said "oh nothing". Didn't have time to go into it with him. I haven't mentioned it to any of my other friends to get their take. So I will ask you. Is this common knowledge?

I employ a young man who is black. Just having a casual conversation about the stuff going on right now, a couple of days ago, and he used the term "colored". Not once but several times. It caught me off guard the first time. I give him a strange look, he asked what? I said "oh nothing". Didn't have time to go into it with him. I haven't mentioned it to any of my other friends to get their take. So I will ask you. Is this common knowledge?
That black young man is obviously a racist..smh...it's 2017.

Maybe he's stuck in a hot tub time machine or something because I don't know ANYONE who refers to themselves as "colored" He's BUGGIN' OUT!!

That black young man is obviously a racist..smh...it's 2017.

LOL. I see what you did there. He is a really good kid. Racists are everywhere. But around here, most people get along.
Maybe he's stuck in a hot tub time machine or something because I don't know ANYONE who refers to themselves as "colored" He's BUGGIN' OUT!!

Thanks. I will try to have another convo with him in a couple of days. I will ask him about it then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT