ADVERTISEMENT

Do White Amercans have "White Privilege "

1197px-White_Castle_logo.svg.png

Yum. A burger sounds good.

Maybe he's stuck in a hot tub time machine or something because I don't know ANYONE who refers to themselves as "colored" He's BUGGIN' OUT!!
That term is offensive to every black person i know. It's a good way to get cussed out or worse. I don't know...maybe we should refer to other people in ways that don't offend them...lol. Call me crazy.

Reactions: m.dan
Fair point. Ideally I would like to see leadership on both sides come together...but when you are talking extreme left of right they are going to be too far apart. I think people that both sides respect need to try to come up with some ideas to stop the protest by agreeing to some options here. This tribal mentality we have in our society these days truly bothers me.

There are a few ideas that would help this out there already, but most politicians (right and left) in Washington or at the state and local level aren't doing anything about it. How about ending a drug war that hasn't worked for the tax payers, reducing some of the mandatory minimums, or getting rid of or reducing the for profit private prison system?

That term is offensive to every black person i know. It's a good way to get cussed out or worse. I don't know...maybe we should refer to other people in ways that don't offend them...lol. Call me crazy.
CD real I no the n word is bad the other day the b word was bad now the c word is bad so what do we say to not offend

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
There are a few ideas that would help this out there already, but most politicians (right and left) in Washington or at the state and local level aren't doing anything about it. How about ending a drug war that hasn't worked for the tax payers, reducing some of the mandatory minimums, or getting rid of or reducing the for profit private prison system?
Amen....

And the examples of well policed neighborhoods are too numerous to mention. Neighborhoods like what i grew up in as a kid...and the cops went out of their way to know the people in the housing they were patrolling. My parents knew every cop in our neighborhood.

This is what happens when people don't care to have anything to do with others that are not like themselves. There is a fear that exists our of just not knowing others.

Buying into stereotypes....etc.

CD real I no the n word is bad the other day the b word was bad now the c word is bad so what do we say to not offend
It's not that hard dude. Really it isn't. People just being lazy. That's all. If you tell me today don't refer to you as white and then tell me next year to refer to you as white....what do i care? So what....i call people what they want to be called. So what if it changes.

It's not that hard dude. Really it isn't. People just being lazy. That's all. If you tell me today don't refer to you as white and then tell me next year to refer to you as white....what do i care? So what....i call people what they want to be called. So what if it changes.
I want you to call me "Your majesty". You said you call people what they want to be called so get to it...

It changes day to day so u want to be called aa

Those stupid blacks just need to realize it's not white America's fault that their grandfathers and fathers grew up in jim crow!.. If blacks weren't so stupid they wouldn't have had children before the 1960-70's and civil rights. They should have been more like white Americans who waited until they had established careers and good homes before they had kids. Now America has to take care of two generations of poor blacks born after civil rights who are on welfare all because their parents were too stupid to refrain from having kids during segregation. They didn't pass them down a single penny let alone a roof over their head and now the government has to add them to our welfare system that worked well just for white since 1938! Look at how well the White baby boomer generation lives today. All built up on hard work and passed down to their children who have made America great since 1964! Look at how poor black baby boomers are!.they didn't have access to ANY of the things white baby boomers had before civil rights like education and jobs and these idiots still had babies.....now their kids went on to be welfare crack babies with low education rates, low IQ,high crime rates and a poverty stricken degenerate culture and now their kids (millennials) sit around watching CNN(FAKE NEWS) talking about white privilege!!...who cares if most whites born after civil rights and the 60-70's have had the basic necessities to move forward in life like a home, car,savings account or inheritance WHILE they work hard and make their own life! That's not privilege!! That's what white Americans call coming from nothing!! These libtards!!!

Make America great again..woooooo!!

the fact that someone finds a hammer, finds some nails, builds his own sht, was not schooled, was poor as poor could be, worked every day all day after 8th grade; saved most of his money and built a tiny house after many years; had kids; had grandkids; died; i guess is considered privileged

This is the world we live in. This is still the greatest country on earth with all its faults.....but people need to stop acting like we don't have faults. People protesting are not only looking to defame the flag. There is a reason behind any protest. I think too much time is spent on what the flag should mean to everyone and too little time solving problems.
damn that's dumb; the flag is the thing and everyone needs to pretty much solve their own problems

Those stupid blacks just need to realize it's not white America's fault that their grandfathers and fathers grew up in jim crow!.. If blacks weren't so stupid they wouldn't have had children before the 1960-70's and civil rights. They should have been more like white Americans who waited until they had established careers and good homes before they had kids. Now America has to take care of two generations of poor blacks born after civil rights who are on welfare all because their parents were too stupid to refrain from having kids during segregation. They didn't pass them down a single penny let alone a roof over their head and now the government has to add them to our welfare system that worked well just for white since 1938! Look at how well the White baby boomer generation lives today. All built up on hard work and passed down to their children who have made America great since 1964! Look at how poor black baby boomers are!.they didn't have access to ANY of the things white baby boomers had before civil rights like education and jobs and these idiots still had babies.....now their kids went on to be welfare crack babies with low education rates, low IQ,high crime rates and a poverty stricken degenerate culture and now their kids (millennials) sit around watching CNN(FAKE NEWS) talking about white privilege!!...who cares if most whites born after civil rights and the 60-70's have had the basic necessities to move forward in life like a home, car,savings account or inheritance WHILE they work hard and make their own life! That's not privilege!! That's what white Americans call coming from nothing!! These libtards!!!

You are correct, if people regardless of race call this coming from nothing they are a libtard.

"Those stupid blacks"...I'm glad you got that off of your chest & told us how you REALLY feel!! Then you summed it up by making it political..Surprised you can root for a program full of "blacks" every year!!

It is sad to me that there is a sheer misunderstanding what the term "privilege" means. I read some of these comments and people are just living in a world where they just have no idea. I am not just talking about the obvious Jim Crow law and institutional things.

The problem is people don't see beyond themselves. We all walk on our own paths. Some obviously aren't as privileged as others....but if you didn't have the benefit of privilege that doesn't give you license to ignore what happens factually in the real world around you.

Learn how to put yourself in someone else's shoes or else you will always just walk in your very own truth and nobody else's. You may say well, I don't care about what someone else has to endure. Maybe that's the real issue.

Reactions: ucfgoon51
It is sad to me that there is a sheer misunderstanding what the term "privilege" means. I read some of these comments and people are just living in a world where they just have no idea. I am not just talking about the obvious Jim Crow law and institutional things.

The problem is people don't see beyond themselves. We all walk on our own paths. Some obviously aren't as privileged as others....but if you didn't have the benefit of privilege that doesn't give you license to ignore what happens factually in the real world around you.

Learn how to put yourself in someone else's shoes or else you will always just walk in your very own truth and nobody else's. You may say well, I don't care about what someone else has to endure. Maybe that's the real issue.
that is part of the problem however; the people who are calling out privilege haven't put themselves in other's shoes, and only look at their own path!

CD you have slot of it right....but it has been written that ppl get left money,houses and other things....I think this is what some ppl are seeing and sending some the other way...I for one wasn't left anything what I got I earned....I was brought up poor.....I still am not by any means rich...but I survive.....and am not privliged...I didn't live the best life either....I had my head pushed into a truck by a cop for no reason but I still respect them....so it happens to whites too...

CD you have slot of it right....but it has been written that ppl get left money,houses and other things....I think this is what some ppl are seeing and sending some the other way...I for one wasn't left anything what I got I earned....I was brought up poor.....I still am not by any means rich...but I survive.....and am not privliged...I didn't live the best life either....I had my head pushed into a truck by a cop for no reason but I still respect them....so it happens to whites too...
You have the BASIC "privilege" to expect to LIVE and go home to your family at night if you are UNARMED while having an interaction with the police...

Isn't it also sad to associate "privileged" with a skin color? Isn't it also sad to attempt to make people ashamed of their skin color? I would say that all able-bodied people are "privileged" regardless of skin color - wouldn't you? Let's stop blaming people for their skin color and try to help those that need it.

When we look at the country in a big picture view there is rich and poor and everywhere in between. Some catch a break and some can't seem to catch a break, while others make their own breaks. Historically some bad shit happened but we can't change the past. Today there is so much opportunity for everyone. Should a black man feel safe 100% of the time, yup. So should a white guy and everyone else for that matter. If I were to drive through Chicago I would not feel safe. Probably less safe than some blacks would feel. Do they have black privilege?

But instead, I stay out of harms way. I don't drive through dangerous neighborhoods. I don't sell crack or heroin and then cry foul when killed in an altercation with the law. I don't challenge officers of the law when I interact with them, I respect them even if they don't treat me the same.

Walk through a hospital. You will find nothing but minorities employed. Blacks Indians Asians Hispanics...minorities have found all types of levels of success.

You are correct....my parents never had anything to leave me or my brothers. My father left home when i was 10. All 5 of me and my siblings are successful....but we all grew up with people that had advantages and not just white people. What is missed is white people are the majority so obviously that is going to be an advantage in and of its self. In a very wide range of ways....not just money.

It's like my mom always told me. There is always someone better off than you and always someone worse off. Regardless of color or nationality in this country. You at least have some opportunities. Maybe not as many as someone else but if you work hard you can make it work.

Isn't it also sad to associate "privileged" with a skin color? Isn't it also sad to attempt to make people ashamed of their skin color? I would say that all able-bodied people are "privileged" regardless of skin color - wouldn't you? Let's stop blaming people for their skin color and try to help those that need it.
It's our history. Like it or not...and honestly we still have problems. You still have rallies etc...so we live in This reality...we don't ignore it. It exists.

White privilege is a ghost phrase that blacks invented to reject personal responsibility, hard work, and long term goals, and instead accept a victim mentality which blames white people for making America an institutional racist corporation.

So a black kid (or white kid) born in Liberty City had the same opportunities in life that you had?

Yes! Anybody that shares your views is racist! Okay I have to go. You the routine. Why don't you go and drink a bucket of horse sperm and eat you some cookies and carry your white Racist azz to sleep. I'm about to go bang me some White women
Lol. I think I heard some white girl scream, "SECURITY!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT