ADVERTISEMENT

I am I Stupid for Buying an AR 15?

honeyiv

SuperCane
Jan 17, 2007
Used. Got it for $999. I don't even know where to by ammo!!! I have never owned a gun in my LIFE! Cashville!!!! Help me. I cant figure this thing out!

Used. Got it for $999. I don't even know where to by ammo!!! I have never owned a gun in my LIFE! Cashville!!!! Help me. I cant figure this thing out!
cheaperthandirt.com ammunitiondepot.com I imagine your weapon is .556...any gun shop should have the ammo you need

Training is essential. I was trained thoroughly by a Marine trainer and I shoot with him 3-4 times a year
Really need to understand the capability of the particular round you are shooting. Especially high velocity, flat shooting, long distance capable calibers.

I carry. A handgun.

Why would you or anyone need an AR-15. ?

Insecurity ? Machoism ?

El Cubano boasts he has 4 ...
I know lots of people that have them. A LOT of ranchers / varmint hunters use them a lot and it is one of the most popular and utilized rifles for many of the competitive shooting sports ... like the 3 gun matches where shooters shoot a course timed, using a semi auto handgun, semi auto rifle, and shotgun ... each stage generally requiring mag changes (reloads).

Reactions: 801canesmxer
CD sez Hyena's are the most dangerous animal in the world. Everyday he writes about them. There must be a lot of them out there, so an AR15 and a 18th century cannon would seem like very reasonable defense.
I would never suggest anybody kill Republicans aka Hyenas. I just prefer military style weapons not be used to kill our children. You onboard with that?

I am in favor of raising the age for ar15's . I am more in favor of hardening schools .The elephant in the room is the poor state of mental health care in this country and the destruction of the family by leftist social policies and their cohorts in the media. That breeds individuals with anger against society when they don't have a secure family platform to keep them on the right track. That is why I find the leftist argument about guns hollow and specious.

Reactions: Cool Runnin'
I am in favor of raising the age for ar15's . I am more in favor of hardening schools .The elephant in the room is the poor state of mental health care in this country and the destruction of the family by leftist social policies and their cohorts in the media. That breeds individuals with anger against society when they don't have a secure family platform to keep them on the right track. That is why I find the leftist argument about guns hollow and specious.
What about hardening grocery stores, churches, synagogues, movie theaters, concerts, football games, basketball games, baseball games, proms held at hotels, graduation ceremonies or any place where large numbers of people gather? Raising the age is great but it simply will mean the person will wait until he's 21 to commit mass murder. We need a total ban on these military style weapons. You need to rethink your solution.

Reactions: SwayinCane
Look up the ballistics of 9mm vs .556
That begs the question of the intended use. The AR15, whether it's chambered in 5.56 mm or .223 Remington, is a high velocity round (3000 FPS) with virtually flat shooting at 100 yards, maybe 3-4" drop at 200 yards and perhaps 6-9 " at 300 yards.

The 9mm .. common round being 124 gr FMJ or even the +P loaded JHP have velocities around 1125 - 1250 FPS and are pretty much flat shooting at 25-40 yards, with drop from 1-4" at 50 yards and 4-12" drop at 100 yards. For home protection an AR isn't needed. A nice 9mm carbine, virtually 0 recoil, extremely accurate, and a 17 round standard mag capacity, seems to fit the bill perfectly. I have a Ruger PC9 that I keep on a shelf in my bedroom closet with a mag in the sock drawer. More than enough firepower for any type of home defense. If that is the objective. The AR is great for shooting 100-400 yards.

I would never suggest anybody kill Republicans aka Hyenas. I just prefer military style weapons not be used to kill our children. You onboard with that?
Maybe you should get on board with the root cause of evil and the perpetrators and not the tool. Would you feel better if they used cars to run people down? Also, check out the murder rate of USA vs Russia where owning a gun is banned

Reactions: Cool Runnin'
That begs the question of the intended use. The AR15, whether it's chambered in 5.56 mm or .223 Remington, is a high velocity round (3000 FPS) with virtually flat shooting at 100 yards, maybe 3-4" drop at 200 yards and perhaps 6-9 " at 300 yards.

The 9mm .. common round being 124 gr FMJ or even the +P loaded JHP have velocities around 1125 - 1250 FPS and are pretty much flat shooting at 25-40 yards, with drop from 1-4" at 50 yards and 4-12" drop at 100 yards. For home protection an AR isn't needed. A nice 9mm carbine, virtually 0 recoil, extremely accurate, and a 17 round standard mag capacity, seems to fit the bill perfectly. I have a Ruger PC9 that I keep on a shelf in my bedroom closet with a mag in the sock drawer. More than enough firepower for any type of home defense. If that is the objective. The AR is great for shooting 100-400 yards.
I pretty much own the same, carry a Sig P365, have a 9mm carbine next to the bed with 32 round mag and a spare and I own a .556 AR. The AR is multi-purpose and in yes partly intended for self-defense at a greater range in case a bad guy brings similar on property. Next up is .308 SBR

I pretty much own the same, carry a Sig P365, have a 9mm carbine next to the bed with 32 round mag and a spare and I own a .556 AR. The AR is multi-purpose and in yes partly intended for self-defense at a greater range in case a bad guy brings similar on property. Next up is .308 SBR
My favorite for 60 yards and under is my lever action Marlin chambered in 45 Colt with a ghost ring Marbles peep site. Just put that little gold dot on the front sight on the target, pull trigger = hole. Again, no recoil, and a 250 grain chunk of lead.

My favorite for 60 yards and under is my lever action Marlin chambered in 45 Colt with a ghost ring Marbles peep site. Just put that little gold dot on the front sight on the target, pull trigger = hole. Again, no recoil, and a 250 grain chunk of lead.
Nice. I am not familiar with .45 Marlin, Lever action is cool old school

Nice. I am not familiar with .45 Marlin, Lever action is cool old school
Cowboy gun. I have a few:

-Lever Action Winchester chambered in 38-55 (you have to load those ... no ammo
available)
-Shiloh Sharps 40-65 Buffalo Rifle - breechloading single shot. Have to cast the
bullets from lead ingots, then load cases.
-1885 (replica) Winchester Highwall in 38-55. Breechloading single shot.
-Colt SAA Revolvers in 45 Colt (pair) with 7.5 inch barrels
-Ruger Vaqueros SS pair 45 Colt with 4.75 in barrels.
-Venerable 1911 in 45 ACP ( a Les Baer P111).

Reactions: thedonaldWYO
I'm not Cashville, but, my $.015cents...
I'd also ask Ellu.

Need ammo, Google it on the internet...Ammunition Depot is one, there are many, some calibers in short supply.

Never owned a gun? Me neither until last year. Researched, took private lessons, Mossberg 20g, 18" barrel, pistol grip, ammo readily available. 1st cartridge is 'birdshot' and will pockmark them. After that comes the #2 buckshot each of which is the stopping power equivalent to 4 45's. I'm thinking of getting a handgun for home protection instead. If I aimed the shotgun at someone coming through my bedroom door and shot level on, that individual would be stopped, for sure, but the pellets would also go through a couple of my walls and then into the neighbors house!

Get yourself a few hours of professional training before you self-train yourself into a coffin.

Don't start your nonsense. Only Republicans are in favor of the continuation of the mass killing of kids and the American people in general.

I didn’t write your dumb ass post you did. Post implies there is an acceptable weapon.

Cowboy gun. I have a few:

-Lever Action Winchester chambered in 38-55 (you have to load those ... no ammo
available)
-Shiloh Sharps 40-65 Buffalo Rifle - breechloading single shot. Have to cast the
bullets from lead ingots, then load cases.
-1885 (replica) Winchester Highwall in 38-55. Breechloading single shot.
-Colt SAA Revolvers in 45 Colt (pair) with 7.5 inch barrels
-Ruger Vaqueros SS pair 45 Colt with 4.75 in barrels.
-Venerable 1911 in 45 ACP ( a Les Baer P111).
LOL, and that post made me realize how little I know about old school

Reactions: 289fia
I'm not Cashville, but, my $.015cents...
I'd also ask Ellu.

Need ammo, Google it on the internet...Ammunition Depot is one, there are many, some calibers in short supply.

Never owned a gun? Me neither until last year. Researched, took private lessons, Mossberg 20g, 18" barrel, pistol grip, ammo readily available. 1st cartridge is 'birdshot' and will pockmark them. After that comes the #2 buckshot each of which is the stopping power equivalent to 4 45's. I'm thinking of getting a handgun for home protection instead. If I aimed the shotgun at someone coming through my bedroom door and shot level on, that individual would be stopped, for sure, but the pellets would also go through a couple of my walls and then into the neighbors house!

Get yourself a few hours of professional training before you self-train yourself into a coffin.
Absolutely get professional training to own any weapon. Rule #1: ALWAYS assume any weapon is chambered and at the ready to fire

Maybe you should get on board with the root cause of evil and the perpetrators and not the tool. Would you feel better if they used cars to run people down? Also, check out the murder rate of USA vs Russia where owning a gun is banned
I prefer to compare our rate to Australia or New Zealand not a Putin run country. SMFH

I carry. A handgun.

Why would you or anyone need an AR-15. ?

Insecurity ? Machoism ?

El Cubano boasts he has 4 ...
When you have 1-3 guys do a home invasion in the middle of the night all with AR's, do you really just want to be armed with a handgun.....................Straight forward question, please answer the question.......

Brainwashed fools kissing Trump's corrupt azz and allowing our kids to be killed for their love of guns.
Your guys are doing the killing. Solution, ban my guys' weapons.
You don't give a shit about any of this killing. You have never responded to claims that Libs like you are the cause of minority children killed in all of our major Lib cities.

You must love what's happening in Chicago, NYC, Philly and Balt where more kids are murdered by their friends, neighbors and relatives in one weekend than are killed by these serial killers in a year. You don't give a rat's ass about those kids, it's just fodder for your unending, simplistic rantings.

Apparently, San Francisco has had enough of you doofuses.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT