ADVERTISEMENT

I am I Stupid for Buying an AR 15?

Lets start with those weapons you support in those mass shootings at our schools and grocery stores. Can you handle that?
Sure and if good guys were armed with said weapons that evil kid would have been dropped a lot quicker than he was. Or the Pulse nightclub, if a bartender produced an AR-10 ( look it up ) that shooter would have been dropped long before he could kill 49 people. See the real gun issue is not enough in the hands of good guys in so-called gun-free, soft target places where shooters know they will not face armed opposition

Are you this dense to not see the HUGE difference in population between the US and those nations and Russia is more comparable because of the population? You could cherry-pick states in the USA to compare to Australia and New Zealand and then there is this...

"Australia is a small country, with only a few more million people than Florida spread out over an entire continent"

https://fee.org/articles/the-myth-that-australias-gun-laws-reduced-gun-homicides/
Are you that stupid not to see those rates are gun homicides per 100,000 guns owned? This is a method used to allow you to do comparative analysis across different populations. Your ignorance has no bounds.

Sure and if good guys were armed with said weapons that evil kid would have been dropped a lot quicker than he was. Or the Pulse nightclub, if a bartender produced an AR-10 ( look it up ) that shooter would have been dropped long before he could kill 49 people. See the real gun issue is not enough in the hands of good guys in so-called gun-free, soft target places where shooters know they will not face armed opposition
You are the reason we can't come to a sensible agreement around gun control. Lord help us.

You are the reason we can't come to a sensible agreement around gun control. Lord help us.
LOL, you are right because gun control is nonsensical and doesn't stand up to any rational thought about the situation. Clowns like you want to disarm good guys and live in a fantasy world thinking gun laws will prevent bad guys from having them.

No more ignorance about guns and deflection from the real problem by you
The real problem, since you asked, is there are too many guns. Yes, that's the real issue. We need to reduce the number of guns in this country. Then you will see a dramatic decline in these senseless killings.

The real problem, since you asked, is there are too many guns. Yes, that's the real issue. We need to reduce the number of guns in this country. Then you will see a dramatic decline in these senseless killings.
Like Russia?

LOL, you are right because gun control is nonsensical and doesn't stand up to any rational thought about the situation. Clowns like you want to disarm good guys and live in a fantasy world thinking gun laws will prevent bad guys from having them.
If the guns aren't available then the bad guys can't get them. Sorry your brain can't comprehend that.

Republicans fight to take struggling families off of welfare while giving millions to corporations and the rich.
That is such a ridiculous statement I almost didn't respond. Dems bow down to big money far more than Republicans

To be honest, I think we have too many guns. How are these kids getting these guns?
Agreed much too many. Good question, where are they getting them and how do we slow it down or stop it. Stop and frisk worked but was offensive in practice. What if all teens in all neighborhoods were subjected to it?

We're focused on the AR-15. Limits may be set for this type of weapon, which is not an automatic, nor an assault rifle (the AR are the first two letters in the original manufacturers name, ArmaLite Rifle. Like a handgun, it's semi-automatic (I think, but need input from real gun people). For everyone killed by one of these, hundreds are killed by the handguns.

I have no real answer here, better minds needed. I'm open to all ideas. I would like to see the impossible, anyone of age can own any weapon. A select, qualified, responsible few could have automatics. The rest of us could be banned from owning a weapon for legitimate reasons to be developed.

Reactions: cems52
I'm curious to know exactly what your sensible solution is
I've said it numerous times what my position is unlike you.

1) Increase the age from 18 to 21 to buy military style weapons
2) Pass Red Flag Laws
3) Expand background checks to close existing loop holes

My long-term goal is to

1) Ban military style weapons...no need in the public domain
2) Reduce the number of guns across the country......easy access increases crime and deaths

The long-term goals will not happen until gun loving Republicans are voted from office. That day will come.

Now lets hear your proposals.

Last edited:
Agreed much too many. Good question, where are they getting them and how do we slow it down or stop it. Stop and frisk worked but was offensive in practice. What if all teens in all neighborhoods were subjected to it?

We're focused on the AR-15. Limits may be set for this type of weapon, which is not an automatic, nor an assault rifle (the AR are the first two letters in the original manufacturers name, ArmaLite Rifle. Like a handgun, it's semi-automatic (I think, but need input from real gun people). For everyone killed by one of these, hundreds are killed by the handguns.

I have no real answer here, better minds needed. I'm open to all ideas. I would like to see the impossible, anyone of age can own any weapon. A select, qualified, responsible few could have automatics. The rest of us could be banned from owning a weapon for legitimate reasons to be developed.
I love the fact you are open for ideas and compromise. I don't have all the answers but am willing to listen and come to a sensible resolution. I am not for the total ban on guns as some assume.

Reactions: irwinn
Arrest them like we do all criminals.
Can't arrest them and prosecute them in a Democratically run city with liberal DA's and Bettlejuice as Mayor? Come on Cemen, you see whats happening in San Fransisco, Chicago, N.Y, L.A., all Democratic administrations that turn em loose.

Can't arrest them and prosecute them in a Democratically run city with liberal DA's and Bettlejuice as Mayor? Come on Cemen, you see whats happening in San Fransisco, Chicago, N.Y, L.A., all Democratic administrations that turn em loose.
What's your solution?

2) Pass Red Flag Laws

My long-term goal is to

2) Reduce the number of guns across the country......easy access increases crime and deaths

The long-term goals will not happen until gun loving Republicans are voted from office. That day will come.

I have no real opposition to any of your solutions but who is ever going to define and agree upon red flag parameters and what are the loop holes we need to close. Other than #1 you're just tossing your hat into gray areas with much too broad implications. And Cems, next time I ask you a question, please respond without shallow political statements about repubs. In 5 minutes I can produce multiple topics on which Dems have blood on their hands

I am in favor of raising the age for ar15's . I am more in favor of hardening schools .The elephant in the room is the poor state of mental health care in this country and the destruction of the family by leftist social policies and their cohorts in the media. That breeds individuals with anger against society when they don't have a secure family platform to keep them on the right track. That is why I find the leftist argument about guns hollow and specious.
my thing with rating the age of owning an AR is you can be ordered and trusted to use one at war by the federal govt at 18 but not handle one at home? makes no sense to me personally. not attacking you at all, we are all entitled to our opinions just sharing mine

What about hardening grocery stores, churches, synagogues, movie theaters, concerts, football games, basketball games, baseball games, proms held at hotels, graduation ceremonies or any place where large numbers of people gather? Raising the age is great but it simply will mean the person will wait until he's 21 to commit mass murder. We need a total ban on these military style weapons. You need to rethink your solution.

I enter the SW Corner at Hard Rock for Hurricane games. As I walk up the ramp there is always 1 law enforcement officer, sometimes 2 with a police dog and long guns in full tactical gear. Could be the same at the other 3 Gates at HR, huh.

It's the now now and glad they are there. But with the metal detectors it will be harder to carry in.

2) Pass Red Flag Laws

My long-term goal is to

I used to love when they play stupid. Then it occurred to me. They aren't playing.

I enter the SW Corner at Hard Rock for Hurricane games. As I walk up the ramp there is always 1 law enforcement officer, sometimes 2 with a police dog and long guns in full tactical gear. Could be the same at the other 3 Gates at HR, huh.

It's the now now and glad they are there. But with the metal detectors it will be harder to carry in.
I have no problem with metal detectors and armed cops protecting us at sporting events. But, a homerun is keeping the guns from evil people.

I have no real opposition to any of your solutions but who is ever going to define and agree upon red flag parameters and what are the loop holes we need to close. Other than #1 you're just tossing your hat into gray areas with much too broad implications. And Cems, next time I ask you a question, please respond without shallow political statements about repubs. In 5 minutes I can produce multiple topics on which Dems have blood on their hands
Sorry if you felt those epithets were directed at you. But in general I do feel that way about many Republicans.

You can't assume we can't work out the details around these Red Flag Laws otherwise we never get anything done.

Sorry if you felt those epithets were directed at you. But in general I do feel that way about many Republicans.

You can't assume we can't work out the details around these Red Flag Laws otherwise we never get anything done.
I see the details as the real barriers. We have as many . This is now woke America with an administration that recently tried to shove 1984 down our throats. Add to that the three reigning idiots, McConnell,, Schumer and Pelosi, and there isn't a lot to be positive about. One other observation, I bought my AR-15 about7-8 years ago and I had to wait about 30 minutes while my personal info cleared a federal database It was so painless I don't understand the opposition. And remember, I live in New Hampshire where you don't need a license to carry concealed

Curious, how do you believe we can “reduce the number of guns”? No one is giving up weapons they already have.
There are over 400 million guns acknowledged in existence
I believe we should have far more reaching back ground checks, waiting period, and no sales of semi or automatic weapons except for military use
What do you think cems

Curious, how do you believe we can “reduce the number of guns”? No one is giving up weapons they already have.
There are over 400 million guns acknowledged in existence
I believe we should have far more reaching back ground checks, waiting period, and no sales of semi or automatic weapons except for military use
What do you think cems
We have background checks already, we have a waiting period, in Florida, it's 3 days unless you have concealed carry license which you can't get without an in-depth background check and your fingerprints are taken. Auto is illegal already and a semi ban would eliminate almost all guns, even double-action revolvers which fire with each pull of the trigger

We have background checks already, we have a waiting period, in Florida, it's 3 days unless you have concealed carry license which you can't get without an in-depth background check and your fingerprints are taken. Auto is illegal already and a semi ban would eliminate almost all guns, even double-action revolvers which fire with each pull of the trigger
It needs to be a Federal law. EVERY state needs STRICTER background checks, and longer waiting periods IMO
Just saying

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT