ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Vilma on Michael Sam

A

anon_mdfw2brwbkcb6

a€œI think (an openly gay teammate) would not be accepted as much as we think he would be accepted. I dona€™t want people to just naturally assume, oh, wea€™re all homophobic. Thata€™s really not the case. Imagine if hea€™s the guy next to me, and you know, I get dressed, naked, taking a shower, the whole nine, and it just so happens he looks at me, how am I supposed to respond?a€?

Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Shame on him

If a teammate in a locker room checked him out, it wouldn't matter if he was gay or not, it would be an issue.

Hmmmm. I don't know who the Saints will select in the 2014 draft. But I know who they won't select.

I went to school with Jon and graduated with him and was in his circle of friends. All I'm gonna say is Jon should probably keep his mouth shut when it comes to issues like this or he's asking for trouble.

Originally posted by theguv:
If a teammate in a locker room checked him out, it wouldn't matter if he was gay or not, it would be an issue.

Why not compare it to having females in the locker room? Is it any different? You can say people should behave themselves but isn't that why boys and girls are separated to begin with? Something to think about...

Originally posted by wake4law_cane4life:
I went to school with Jon and graduated with him and was in his circle of friends. All I'm gonna say is Jon should probably keep his mouth shut when it comes to issues like this or he's asking for trouble.
Insinuate much? Substantiate or STFU.

BTW I highly doubt you were in his circle of friends, maybe you tutored him or something, not the same thing.

Why can't Jon speak his beliefs without being homophobic. He has same right to be against it as someone who is for it. We have freedom of speech, and he is entitled to use it. It's that simple.

Originally posted by LoveTHUGU:

Originally posted by wake4law_cane4life:
Insinuate much? Substantiate or STFU.

BTW I highly doubt you were in his circle of friends, maybe you tutored him or something, not the same thing.
Yes, I'm glad you picked up on my insinuation. I won't bring it farther than that but there are others who absolutely would if he pushed hard enough to deserve some pie on his face. And you can highly doubt whatever you want, but it's a fact.

Are you insinuating Vilma is on the down low??? Please clarify for me because that is what I get from your post.

Originally posted by TheWrldsBst#26:
Shame on him
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Sham on you.

There is nothing wrong with being gay there is a problem however having a problem with someone legitimately feeling uncomfortable about it. To hate on them for feeling a certain way is just as much bigotry as hating on them for being gay. You can disagree, you can feel uncomfortable, without being a homophobe or ignorant.

Where the real shame lies is on people like you who can only see it one way and benefit from it by coming off as the righteous ones just because it sounds "accepting" when really you are shunning others just for disagreeing and really not the "accepting" type at all.

Now if he was saying, I hate him b/c he's gay, or calling him nasty names that's different but what the F is so wrong with disagreeing with it or feeling uncomfortable with it, isn't that their right as much as it is the gay man/woman's right to be openly gay?

Shut your damn mouth.

Finally, how about you use your head instead of coming out there with some flower power.

Wouldn't Vilma's scenario be like allowing a man be in a ladies shower room only to catch the man staring or checking out the women and then asking her to just deal with it or call her a sexist for feeling uncomfortable about it, OR visa versa, a woman in a man's locker room checking them out?

Now, I know the whole "just because you are gay doesn't mean you automatically like anyone of the same gender, you would actually have to find them attractive" - the same for heterosexuals right...but does that change the hypothetical? Shouldn't one's feelings of being looked at, stared at, or even glanced at by another of the opposite gender in that kind of setting be taken into account no matter how innocent it may be or not? When did accepting mean you have to give up how you feel, what makes you uncomfortable, ignoring possible and probable issues of sexual misconduct, etc.? Seriously, just use your head.

See the problem is political correctness makes logic sound evil when logic is simply that...logic. Use your brain its not about being homophobic or a bigot you moron. Maybe its people like you that fail in bring all of us to even par...failing to understand it outside the context of hate and ignorance instead of logic and fairness.

In the end, I think its great the guy came out, and he deserves to be whatever he wants to be w/o ridicule but that doesn't mean it doesn't have its own affects and Vilma simply put it out there, whether you applaud it or not.

This post was edited on 2/10 5:07 PM by Umazing561

This post was edited on 2/10 6:07 PM by Umazing561

So if you don't have media friendly response you should be quiet? Fuking ridiculous ppl are forced to act like you agree with this shameful crap. What happened to free speech lol

Originally posted by theguv:
True but a straight guy wouldn't be checking out another man.

imagesCA4YAJQE.jpg

I was pissing before a hs game when roger, our star rb who is black walked up beside me to whizz. I looked at him, then down. Looked back on mine, then checked his out again and said "dam roger, how big is your dick!

Envyous....not lust. lol. That is 100% true!

Originally posted by coachwru:
So if you don't have media friendly response you should be quiet? Fuking ridiculous ppl are forced to act like you agree with this shameful crap. What happened to free speech lol
He's a professional and he should act and talk like one. At the end of the day you're held responsible for everything that you say and do. Do you practice freedom of speech at your job ? If so, what is it that you do ?

No real man wants a gay man in the locker room. Micheal sam has the right to be gay but also jonathan vilma has the right to be strait. an to say that he do not think it,s right 4 a man to lie with another man. I stand by U MR. JONATHAN SWAG VILMA!!!!

Vilma is an absolute f*cking MORON as are all douche bags agreeing with him!!!!! Let me explain why for all the bigots, Homophobes, Insecure closet gay guys.

Vilma and all of you are basing your statements on the twisted idea that because a guy is gay he can't conduct himself in a professional manner in that scenario and therefore can't control his urge to "check out" his very own team mates in a manner that will be sexually overt, obvious and uncomfortable. That default position comes from a mind that is locked into denial of facts due to hate and fear of gays or of denial of being gay yourself.

If a gay NFL player did what Vilma "feared" he would last about ZERO seconds in the NFL and would get cut and blacklisted and permanently lose a potential multi-million dollar career. Any gay NFL player who got that far in that industry without one straight team mate EVER having known he was gay during the zillion showers he took with naked team mates since Jr. High days sure as hell is not about to start acting like an unprofessional flaming perverted idiot and check out Vilma's package in the showers or locker room!

See how logic exposes stupid, rotten and evil in the human condition. A gay football player who has taken countless showers with naked straight team mates was never a problem and he was never caught checking out any team mate. Never a problem and never was interpreted to be checking any team mate out, NEVER!!!! But now because he does not hide a fact that has no affect on me or you in any way means "we can't trust him to be near me when I am naked" all of a sudden????

I think the people needing to wonder if they are checking out gays packages in the shower are Vilma and most of the guys on this site! I got no issues showering with a gay team mate. Heck, while we are naked I'll talk about a sexual topic: If he knows any hot female friends who can suck a golfball thru a garden hose who he would like to introduce me too! If he says yes, I know who my new #1 drinking pal on the team is!

When you are secure in who you are a gay team mate in the shower is not an issue! Sadly the male race is dominated by weak insecure idiots who try to convince themselves by putting down others!

From a business standpoint, Jon's wrong. Love him, and he's one of my favorite 'Canes, but a co-worker's, teammate's, colleague's race, religion, and/or sexuality should not matter as long as said employee is working towards the betterment of the team. The NFL is a business, be professional. If he's accountable, hardworking, and performs well on and off the field then it shouldn't be an issue and the whole "checking out my junk" argument in the locker room to me seems to stem from paranoia and insecurity. I highly doubt Michael Sam is going to have the nerve to be the only gay man in a locker room full of straight men and stare at them in arousal without any repercussions. Many of us work with people who may be culturally or ideologically different, but we still have the professional integrity to look past it because it has no effect in regards to what's important, company success. Just my opinion

big000,
Thanks for being the poster child for every point I just made on my post. Thanks. lol Like a team mate being gay makes me any less straight. My post, well, maybe you should read and try to comprehend it. Not that it will make any sense to a twisted mind like yours.

Can the dude play? Bottom line. Can he play? If he can I don't care who he sleeps with as long as they are over 18. If he can't then I don't want him. It's as simple as that. It's 2014 people. Get the fu#@ over it.

Originally posted by Umazing561:

Shame on him

Sham on you.

There is nothing wrong with being gay there is a problem however having a problem with someone legitimately feeling uncomfortable about it. To hate on them for feeling a certain way is just as much bigotry as hating on them for being gay. You can disagree, you can feel uncomfortable, without being a homophobe or ignorant.

Where the real shame lies is on people like you who can only see it one way and benefit from it by coming off as the righteous ones just because it sounds "accepting" when really you are shunning others just for disagreeing and really not the "accepting" type at all.

Now if he was saying, I hate him b/c he's gay, or calling him nasty names that's different but what the F is so wrong with disagreeing with it or feeling uncomfortable with it, isn't that their right as much as it is the gay man/woman's right to be openly gay?

Shut your damn mouth.

Finally, how about you use your head instead of coming out there with some flower power.

Wouldn't Vilma's scenario be like allowing a man be in a ladies shower room only to catch the man staring or checking out the women and then asking her to just deal with it or call her a sexist for feeling uncomfortable about it, OR visa versa, a woman in a man's locker room checking them out?

Now, I know the whole "just because you are gay doesn't mean you automatically like anyone of the same gender, you would actually have to find them attractive" - the same for heterosexuals right...but does that change the hypothetical? Shouldn't one's feelings of being looked at, stared at, or even glanced at by another of the opposite gender in that kind of setting be taken into account no matter how innocent it may be or not? When did accepting mean you have to give up how you feel, what makes you uncomfortable, ignoring possible and probable issues of sexual misconduct, etc.? Seriously, just use your head.

See the problem is political correctness makes logic sound evil when logic is simply that...logic. Use your brain its not about being homophobic or a bigot you moron. Maybe its people like you that fail in bring all of us to even par...failing to understand it outside the context of hate and ignorance instead of logic and fairness.

In the end, I think its great the guy came out, and he deserves to be whatever he wants to be w/o ridicule but that doesn't mean it doesn't have its own affects and Vilma simply put it out there, whether you applaud it or not.

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!!! EXACTLY! As I said on another thread, a culture of heterophobia has been promoted and if you say anything, I mean anything that does not promote or congratulate that nonsense, you are attacked. You can't public say you don't agree with it anymore or these responses on here attacking him are exactly what you'll get. Great post! My sentiments exactly!

I wonder what my favorite Hurricane Michael Irvin thinks?

Great posts by both of you.
Originally posted by Azar:

Shame on him

Sham on you.

Shut your damn mouth.

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!!! EXACTLY! As I said on another thread, a culture of heterophobia has been promoted and if you say anything, I mean anything that does not promote or congratulate that nonsense, you are attacked. You can't public say you don't agree with it anymore or these responses on here attacking him are exactly what you'll get. Great post! My sentiments exactly!

Shame on him

Sham on you.

Shut your damn mouth.

Where have you been?!

So ocean because I disagree with you I'm a homophobe. PLEASE, seriously save it.

Guess what, in the same manner a woman would not want unisex locker rooms (for obvious reasons) I don't want to share a locker room with a man that wants to look at my anatomy.

Attempt to look at it in that manner. It's really not that complicated.

Be gay, it's your God given choice. You have the right to make your own choices and not be judged by society but please don't shove it down my throat. I don't agree with it and it does not make me a bigot.

Don't take my freedoms because I disagree with you.

Love thug,
Can you possibly be a bigger LOSER. A rare serious issue and you still act like a 10 year old. You think I would worry about what you thought about me if I was gay. Talk about delusional. Idiots like you have no bearing on the lives of intelligent and successful people whether straight, gay, bi, Asexual, No sexual, whatever.. For you to think what you think matters is laughable.

For making that comment and not answering one obvious fact I stated gets you the douche bag of the year award. A tough victory to to accomplish on a site full of douche bags!

What is next now a man doing a man is nromal? not the nrom i do not care what anybody says .Vilma is 100% right in what he said, What will the next stage be a person having sex with a aniamal ? were does it stop . Just saying

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Moz my brother, how the hell are you? I was up in N Carolina posting bail for JB, he violated his restraining order, couldn't keep away from Roy.
Seriously, I've been out of the country a lot, been busy as hell when I have been back in the states and stayed away for a bit on purpose while the horse was being beaten.
Originally posted by mozdukemod:

Shame on him

Sham on you.

Shut your damn mouth.

Where have you been?!

LOL no matter what the subject is ,this idiot just foams at the mouth like a rabid dog and rages. Take your prozac or whatever and keep entertaining me.........

p.s. come out of the closet.
Originally posted by ocean1023:
Love thug,
Can you possibly be a bigger LOSER. A rare serious issue and you still act like a 10 year old. You think I would worry about what you thought about me if I was gay. Talk about delusional. Idiots like you have no bearing on the lives of intelligent and successful people whether straight, gay, bi, Asexual, No sexual, whatever.. For you to think what you think matters is laughable.

For making that comment and not answering one obvious fact I stated gets you the douche bag of the year award. A tough victory to to accomplish on a site full of douche bags!

Moz my brother, how the hell are you? I was up in N Carolina posting bail for JB, he violated his restraining order, couldn't keep away from Roy.
Seriously, I've been out of the country a lot, been busy as hell when I have been back in the states and stayed away for a bit on purpose while the horse was being beaten.
Originally posted by mozdukemod:

Shame on him

Sham on you.

Shut your damn mouth.

Where have you been?!
Well, always good to have you back.

Azar,
You MORON! Who said Vilma or anybody had to "agree" to gayness? Does Vilma need to sign papers saying he agrees to gayness because a team mate who is gay will shower next to him? Vilma is uncomfortable for no logical reason because:
Vilma is basically saying that a gay team mate will do something...is putting an action to a person with no basis to anticipate that.

Question genius, At work do you stand next to every hot chick you are attracted to and blatantly "check her out" and stare at her tits and ass in a way that makes her uncomfortable? Do you do that at the beach or pool where girls are almost naked? Do you do that at a topless or nude beach where they really are naked? I mean you are heterosexual and are attracted to women so how can you possibly control your lustful urges and act in an appropriate or professional manner???

Oh I see straight people can control themselves and perform their jobs or socialize around people they might find sexually attractive but gay people can't do that. Oh I see. I guess I missed that part of science/biology class.

Hey MORON, Vilma has already taken many naked showers and sat next to gay teammates who had not come out due to the hate storm they would receive. How is it that Vilma and other football players were never "uncomfortable", never noticed a gay team mate checking him out all these years? Have you read any of the Missouri players ever complained about this guy who came out making them uncomfortable in the showers or locker room. How can that be. Please explain????

Vilma is welcome to voice his opinion just like Sam is.

There was a time when our American society didn't want African Americans in the same school as the white kids because they were afraid of them socializing.

Boy, we have come so far.

Originally posted by Billfish20:
Why can't Jon speak his beliefs without being homophobic. He has same right to be against it as someone who is for it. We have freedom of speech, and he is entitled to use it. It's that simple.
+1, he has the right to his opinion, just as Sam has the right to be gay.

TheUx%,
You just proved you are a Homophobe MORON! You assumed because I shot down Vilma and support the right of a gay person to be in the NFL I am gay. Bigger proof you are a Homophope I could not present!!!!! Did you read my post. I said I would stand there stark naked and ask my new gay teammate if he had any hot female friends he could set me up with. To your STUPID Unisex locker room comment. Men and women don't play in the same arena on the same team genius. Nice try.

All you guys are the biggest closet gay guys of all time!!!!

If a gay teammate acted inappropriately in any way to me I would immediately report that. If a gay teammate was physically inappropriate toward me I would likely punch him in the face.

But if a gay teammate looked at me and acted toward me the same way my straight teammates do explain to me again why I should have a problem?? Please explain that to me again with details PLEASE!!!

The closet gay crew is HILARIOUS!! All the straight men on this site are in a panic and grabbing the pitchforks and torches if a gay teammate takes a too long a glance at your package. LOL!!!! A gay teammate can look at my package all he wants and I still will have no sexual interest or any reaction whatsoever.

It's obvious this site is not filled with Psychology or Psychiatry major! You guys want to deny a gay guy the right to make a living as an NFL football player because the truth is what you are "uncomfortable" with and must avoid at all cost is that knowing the you might get turned on by a gay teammate accidently glancing at your package. HILARIOUS!!!!!! This site is best entertainment ever!!!!

Hmmm, a guy named bobbie jo made that statement, what a shocker! LOL! After you sign off call you pals Ricky Bobby, Bubba and Jimmy John, crack open the Pabst Blue Ribbon, count teeth and compare which first cousin or sister is the best f*ck. Abusing idiots can't be this easy! Wow! LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT