ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Vilma on Michael Sam

not every slave, in the history of slaves, was or is a black man from Africa. slaves were from taking over cities....I feel you dont see that to be true.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by SaltwaterCane:
religious text is metaphor...god is myth...so are the sin of gays...right azar...its all fake...even your point of hate...you made it in your own head

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Religious does not equal God. You're smarter than that I hope.

not every slave, in the history of slaves, was or is a black man from Africa. slaves were from taking over cities....I feel you dont see that to be true.

Please indicate one sentence or one line where this is said or insinuated in the slightest

That's the problem with modern society, disrespecting those who teach. You sir would be nowhere if teachers didn't help you get there right? Where is the gratitude? Respect?

Some of the greatest human beings were teachers amongst other things, Plato, Aristotle, Bacon, etc. . .

I would change your little dig to this:

Those that can, do, and if they're smart enough, teach.

Teaching the younger generation is so effing important. If we fail to prepare the young'uns for the future, who's the dumb*ss now? What kind of world do you want to live in?

The concept of God was created long before anything resembling a so called religion was created. See the Ausarian drama
and the original trinity of Ausar, Auset, and Heru.

Originally posted by Azar
religious text is metaphor...god is myth...so are the sin of gays...right azar...its all fake...even your point of hate...you made it in your own head

I do. which is why I support spirituality over religion.

then where does the backing of god come into play with being anti-gay? unless I misread your post, could have, isnt that your reasons? or are prejudiced just because it grosses you out? because without written word of god...the hate is your own.

Re: Jonathan Vilma on Michael Sam. Get real!

Here, let's take them one at a time, if you dare.

You MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government ?

Do you agree with our policy on this? If so, please explain why.

CDwright, I did not realize you were a geneticist. What gene is the homosexual gene associated with? Why do you think you are born that way, you might be, but you also may choose to go that direction as well. They are very much one on the same, it is a choice. And I for one could care less what choice they make,but they should not get praised by the First Lady of the U.S.

Keep your personal preferences personal. Period!

Originally posted by Azar

I do. which is why I support spirituality over religion.

then where does the backing of god come into play with being anti-gay? unless I misread your post, could have, isnt that your reasons? or are prejudiced just because it grosses you out? because without written word of god...the hate is your own.

Why do you assume that my issue with homosexuality is based on my spirituality or a religious belief? I've never indicated that one bit. God has never written one word of any book you've read. Every words you've ever read was written by man and his so-called inspiration or interpretation of God's word aka 3rd party info. I'm a spiritualist and a naturalist, as I mentioned before, the very idea of same sex is disgusting to me because of my natural (i.e. nature) attraction to women. People or the researches who claim this animal homosexuality as a basis of human sexuality are first of all discrediting human intelligence by saying they operate as wild animals and secondly, I nor anyone I've asked has ever seen these instances of homosexuality that's supposedly occurring in nature. Why, if its so common? Shouldn't we see it all the time if it's so normal? You see, logic wins out every time in this gay argument. Who funded the research on this gay animal study, btw? Was it by chance funded by the LGBT or some gay organization? More that likely, it was. Kinda like a positive ending to a study on chocolate funded by Hershey's. Lol. In addition to it being a disgusting act, imo, it's anti-nature and anti-life, and culturally not an African tradition. Everywhere in nature you find the male/female design and balance. It is only lustful and morally twisted humans who attempt to intellectualize a shift in this balance. Therefore, I am offended at the attempt to force those who do not agree or approve of it to accept such acts.
This post was edited on 2/13 2:07 PM by Azar

So andyctree, are you telling us you "chug cock"? Good for you, glad to know you are coming out of the closet, be true to yourself.

But, I still dont want to know about it, nor do you deserve praise from the First Lady. I am not asking him to deny his sexual preferences, but there is no need to publicize it either. Keep it personal and respect others as there are many others don't want to hear anyone elses personal preferences either.

Originally posted by lkantor:
CDwright, I did not realize you were a geneticist. What gene is the homosexual gene associated with? Why do you think you are born that way, you might be, but you also may choose to go that direction as well. They are very much one on the same, it is a choice. And I for one could care less what choice they make,but they should not get praised by the First Lady of the U.S.

Sorry, but you don't get to tell me or anyone else to keep anything personnel. You aren't the boss of me.

It occurs, but I wouldn't say its normal. Normal would represent what happens most often...as humans would define. So heterosexuals are more normal. Regardless of normal it occurs, which is why you dont see it everyday. Asians - Americans make up a small percentage of american citizens, thus its not "normal". Just a comparison. Or left handed people are not the norm.

If you live in so fla...hike this summer around big cypress...set up a tree stand and do some nature watching. I cant guarantee anything bc its not normal but after many hours in the woods I can tell you stuff occurs....like a buck mounting another buck...strange...I couldn't believe it. I do know.

I respect your place of prejudice based on disgust and reproduction, but it does happen in nature. You cant keep saying it doesn't. Our use of language expresses our intellectual ability in a way other smart animals cannot. Such as dolphins or octopuses or primates. We have found other animals who do things for "pleasure" which indicates an intelligent cognitive thought. So I dont believe were the only ones capable of forming an opinion. Hell ive seen deer change their behaviors or carry out rage for a previous act...its weird until you see emotion in action in nature. It is real and exists.

So andyctree, are you telling us you "chug cock"? Good for you, glad to know you are coming out of the closet, be true to yourself.

But, I still dont want to know about it, nor do you deserve praise from the First Lady. I am not asking him to deny his sexual preferences, but there is no need to publicize it either. Keep it personal and respect others as there are many others don't want to hear anyone elses personal preferences either.

He was being asked if he was gay. What part of that do you not understand? The media were consistently asking him. Not once. Not twice. But on a regular basis.

It's not about personal preference but not being forced to hide every time the media comes asking, or not having to lie to make you feel safe and cozy in your life. He has no shame and there is no reason to hide from it.

Do you think I care what sports teams people root for? No, but people where clothes all the time to promote something they support or believe in.

Some of you are so dense. He doesn't feel like he needs to hide to make you happy, and he shouldn't.

Being that this is a message board and it is opinion based, it is rather stupid to tell someone not to offer an opinion here. I can expand that to anyone that wants to voice anything in this country. Exercise in futility asking someone not to speak. You don't care then don't listen. Don't comment here. Nobody is forcing you to listen and respond. We don't all agree. Get over it!
This post was edited on 2/13 2:24 PM by cdwright40

Personal preferences need to stay personal. Isn't that your personal preference?

Dumbest thing I have read in this thread.

A message board is a place for people to express their personal preferences and opinions about the Miami Hurricnes, but I guess we shouldn't do that.

I like pizza. Oh wait! I shouldn't say that.

I prefer to have an experienced QB In Williams starting next year.

I prefer for our coaching staff to focus on improving our defense.

Originally posted by NCTopgoon:

You MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government ?

I don't agree with any of those things.

LOL...yeah 99% or most everything we post here is a personal preference in some aspect or another. Just because someone doesn't care about some of them, that doesn't change anything. It is part of being in an open forum. We agree or disagree but we can post anything we want.

Originally posted by andyctree:
Originally posted by NCTopgoon:

I don't agree with any of those things.
So you don't think anyone should have to show ID for anything?

It occurs, but I wouldn't say its normal. Normal would represent what happens most often...as humans would define. So heterosexuals are more normal. Regardless of normal it occurs, which is why you dont see it everyday. Asians - Americans make up a small percentage of american citizens, thus its not "normal". Just a comparison. Or left handed people are not the norm.

If you live in so fla...hike this summer around big cypress...set up a tree stand and do some nature watching. I cant guarantee anything bc its not normal but after many hours in the woods I can tell you stuff occurs....like a buck mounting another buck...strange...I couldn't believe it. I do know.

I respect your place of prejudice based on disgust and reproduction, but it does happen in nature. You cant keep saying it doesn't. Our use of language expresses our intellectual ability in a way other smart animals cannot. Such as dolphins or octopuses or primates. We have found other animals who do things for "pleasure" which indicates an intelligent cognitive thought. So I dont believe were the only ones capable of forming an opinion. Hell ive seen deer change their behaviors or carry out rage for a previous act...its weird until you see emotion in action in nature. It is real and exists.
What your saying is exactly my point, it's not normal and it's personally not my social, moral, or ethical norm. I believe I get what you're trying to say in your Asian citizen analogy but I personally think its an apples or oranges comparison. Again you misinterpret my statement regarding animals participating in homo acts, I never denied that homosexuality in animals occurs or the possibility of it occurring. I said that I nor anyone I've asked has ever seen it. I'll mark you down as the first. However, it still does not invalidate my point of it not being a norm amongst animals. As someone mentioned earlier, their are no gay animals although they may act in that manner at times. I also questioned the study, it's purpose, and who funded it. Who spends the huge amount of money it takes to fund such a study, who's interest would it be? And regarding the animals and their intellect, my statement was not to discredit the intelligence of animals. Their is proven intelligence shown by damn near every species on animals known. However, animals often operate on instinct and in a primal fashion. Humans don't go jump on the first person they see when they get horny or instinctively kill person from another culture, etc. I mean we do at times but its called a crime and you're azz goes to jail for it. You follow me? So, I don't doubt your experience but this is my position, one that I stand on firmly. People say it's hate, homophobe (the new buzz word), or whatever but I'm not out trying to hurt or harm any homosexual, I don't wish any harm to anyone of them, and I believe they should be treated equally and fairly as long as it does not infringes on anyone else's right to exercise their beliefs with the same fair and equitable treatment. This is and will remain my principles and my principles and no amount of society re-conditioning will change that.

P.S. I'm also against it's promotion and the celebratory marketing campaign of it as a societal norm and the confusion it creates on the impressionable minds of children...

I can respect that. Thats the most balanced position for intolerance of gays. I mean you have every right to beleive that as long as you understand the thing you dont tolerate. It is a free country. The instinctual thinking is a long debate. One I dont want to get into bc it wont add to either of our points.

I dont like the celebration of it either. I hate people and their birthdays. Its narcissistic imo. I also think its dumb to celebrate minority firsts when we should be celebrating human firsts. Like when gabby Douglas won gold at the olympics she was touted as the first African American woman to do win gold in that event...who cares because she was The First American which imo is a higher achievement than one within 20% of the populous. Its a need to create a story and keep our attention on what is not important. Bc in my life someones sexual preferences wont affect me...the govt does.

The stupidity on here is off the charts.

And those using religion as their guide, I laugh at your selective use of it. I bet Jesus wouldn't do what you are. Enjoy your disillusionment.

This post was edited on 2/13 3:09 PM by gfre

This post was edited on 2/13 3:10 PM by gfre

I'm straight as an arrow, but in high school, and I mean 9th or 10th grade a gay kid had a crush on me, we were on the same physical Ed class. I was mature enough to handle it then. Why can't Vilma or anyone else handle it with the same politeness and respect as I did as a kid? As a matter of fact I've had more problems with crazy chicks than I care to discuss. In this case we're talking about a professional who is going to be doing a job. This might be a publicity stunt, I don't know, but why is it a big deal? Are you implying he might try to rape someone?

I don't see a problem with it, but I'd hang on to my soap carefully.

Originally posted by LoveTHUGU:
Wake, stop grandstanding. This is at least the 4th time you have engaged me in a "discussion" about this topic and I have embarrassed you three previous times and I will do it again if you insist. I would say don't underestimate me if I didn't know you are just puffing out your chest trying to act like you're hot shit. You know damn well you're damaged goods. Bring it on, let me know "what the pecking order is". BTW do you know why you spend your time teaching law at your age? Yea, you know. Those that can, do, those that can't, teach......
I'm not grandstanding in the least. Flat out, you are an idiot and I run circles around you mentally. Your "those that can, do.." Stuff is interesting. It's a stupid old phrase that assumes people either do 1 or the other, whereas the reality is most professors -myself included- both practice in their field and teach. UM doesn't really hire people who aren't excellent at both- we're not FSU. I was good enough for the United States Dept of Justice, And I was good enough for UM. And yes, I know why I spend time teaching law at my age, it's bc I'm the youngest faculty member in the history of my department and probably the entire school - I started at 25. What we have here is a classic dunning-Kruger example. Essentially, D-K did a study that showed there's a substantial portion of our population that is below the median intelligence line but is deluded and thinks they are well above it. That's you. If you think you can fight me on this, lets go for it. Give me your best three logical, debate-worthy reasons why the gay rights movement is wrong and I will promptly rip you to shreds.

nc- are you saying that gay men try to hump everything? I mean you may be ugly and can throw your soap inside a penn st shower and no one would bat an eye. kinda pompous take huh?

if you say they are hornier and try and hump things... would that mean they have more testosterone and are more of a man than you are? I for one dont see gay people just having sex wherever nor do we have reports where gays are sexually assaulting heterosexuals. so it is not a problem as that isnt how it works.

I hate using hompophobic to describe a hate of gays but you sound truly terrified of a gay person.

Originally posted by Azar:

P.S. I'm also against it's promotion and the celebratory marketing campaign of it as a societal norm and the confusion it creates on the impressionable minds of children...
I 1000% assure you that people vocalizing views like those you have written in this thread is substantially more dangerous for impressionable children than any marketing campaign on this issue by the mainstream media has been. I respect your post above saying you don't want to harm or infringe on homosexuals. I truly do respect that. That post was your best, most even-keeled, and respectable post in this thread. But I ask you to remain even keeled and consider that just by espousing the views you have here you are part of a problem which causes irreparable harm to gay youth.

P.S.- your information about the misinformation in the bible was 100% accurate and it shows me I misjudged your intellect. The bible is a revisionist history written by powerful white people and subsequently edited and revised by more powerful white people over the course of the last 2000 years. It should be unsurprising to most that the bible advances the agenda of the white majority.

I think this is all childish. Everyone is supressed at some point in their lives. God gives us all tests and it is on a pass/fail scale. I believe it is choice to be gay or straight. No gay gene and no straight gene have been found, why? because it is a choice. If you are a believer that being gay is something that you are born with, then think that. If you think that it is a choice, then believe that. If Jon Vilma wants to believe something he can believe something. If you want to believe that African Americans or jews or gays or chinese or mongolians had it the worst, then believe what you will. This world is full of controversy and it is all sparked by a stance that someone has to take. The Bible explicitly tells us this was going to happen and will continue to get worse. Gays, straights, whites, blacks, mexicans, americans, puerto ricans and so on will continue to have struggles. This world will never align to 1 side ever. Everyone can continue to fight the good fight for what they believe in what they want to believe in, think things are going to change, but the fact is they are not. Liberals are going to be liberals, republicans are going to be republicans. In 100 years from now, if this world is still here. Gays are still going to feel oppressed, african americans are still going to feel oppressed, whites are still going to feel oppressed and so on. It's a revolving door that will never change, yet we will still talk about fighting the good fight and who had what the worst. The government and the Man will always be the enemy, the stereo types will still fly around. So why do all of you continue to waste your breath with each other and attack with insults. Everyone will find out who is right in the end when they stand before god and for some people that consequence will be great. If you choose to be straight or gay makes no difference to me, I am not the judge, so conversations like this just spin in circles

Wake you or anyone on this Board can run circles around Love Bug by standing still, i.e. not much effort is required.

As to those who assume Love Bug should be given a pass because of his alleged military service, I caution you to not assume he is anything more than a pimply faced former high school ROTC. He may in fact be a war hero, maybe he holds the Silver Star, but don't assume so because he has some dime store insignia as his Avatar,

Ask yourself this: if you have ever known or had a chance to meet a real military hero, do any of them display the contemptible bullying conduct that Love Bug epitomizes? Not really. He cyber blasts all that disagree with him. He picks on gays; his favorite expressions (presumably as attempted put downs) involve gay sex acts. Perhaps he is so fearful of being gay he spends his whole day bashing them (so as to distance himself from the probability he has been living a lie all these years). I don't know. He may be heterosexual, but even if he is or isn't, I am almost certain he is no military war hero. Maybe he got the bronze star for brilliant logistics, but I am almost sure not anywhere near a F.O.B. I may be wrong but real heroes who have faced death and been forced to take human life in battle do not behave like petulant, spoiled, badly behaved children.

And finally, I would remind all of the famous quote: "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." People hide behind different things: some behind a computer screen, some behind a made up persona and some even hide behind the flag while engaging in pretend chest thumping. And there is that unique individual who finds it necessary to use all three for shelter. Personally, I find it very sad.

Originally posted by wake4law_cane4life:

I 1000% assure you that people vocalizing views like those you have written in this thread is substantially more dangerous for impressionable children than any marketing campaign on this issue by the mainstream media has been. I respect your post above saying you don't want to harm or infringe on homosexuals. I truly do respect that. That post was your best, most even-keeled, and respectable post in this thread. But I ask you to remain even keeled and consider that just by espousing the views you have here you are part of a problem which causes irreparable harm to gay youth.

P.S.- your information about the misinformation in the bible was 100% accurate and it shows me I misjudged your intellect. The bible is a revisionist history written by powerful white people and subsequently edited and revised by more powerful white people over the course of the last 2000 years. It should be unsurprising to most that the bible advances the agenda of the white majority.
My stance causes irreparable harm to gay youth? Really? Please explain, how might my views harm the "gay" youth? How many of these gay youthful people are there do you think? Why do you believe the percentages of homosexuality amongst the youth are all of sudden increasing? Think this "gay" gene is all of sudden popping up more?

My stance causes irreparable harm to gay youth? Really? Please explain, how might my views harm the "gay" youth? How many of these gay youthful people are there do you think? Why do you believe the percentages of homosexuality amongst the youth are all of sudden increasing? Think this "gay" gene is all of sudden popping up more?
Yes, I do. When young people are told, in essence, they are substandard human beings it has a variety of psychological consequences in them. It's not really hard to understand that. And homosexuality amongst youth is not increasing and I challenge you to show me one legit, reputable study that says that it is. What you will find is that the incidence of people being willing to REPORT that they are homosexual is increasing. It again should not be surprising that more people are willing to identify themselves as homosexuals publicly or in a study now than 60 years ago.

Originally posted by canesrule21'ships:
Wake you or anyone on this Board can run circles around Love Bug by standing still, i.e. not much effort is required.

As to those who assume Love Bug should be given a pass because of his alleged military service, I caution you to not assume he is anything more than a pimply faced former high school ROTC. He may in fact be a war hero, maybe he holds the Silver Star, but don't assume so because he has some dime store insignia as his Avatar,

Ask yourself this: if you have ever known or had a chance to meet a real military hero, do any of them display the contemptible bullying conduct that Love Bug epitomizes? Not really. He cyber blasts all that disagree with him. He picks on gays; his favorite expressions (presumably as attempted put downs) involve gay sex acts. Perhaps he is so fearful of being gay he spends his whole day bashing them (so as to distance himself from the probability he has been living a lie all these years). I don't know. He may be heterosexual, but even if he is or isn't, I am almost certain he is no military war hero. Maybe he got the bronze star for brilliant logistics, but I am almost sure not anywhere near a F.O.B. I may be wrong but real heroes who have faced death and been forced to take human life in battle do not behave like petulant, spoiled, badly behaved children.

And finally, I would remind all of the famous quote: "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." People hide behind different things: some behind a computer screen, some behind a made up persona and some even hide behind the flag while engaging in pretend chest thumping. And there is that unique individual who finds it necessary to use all three for shelter. Personally, I find it very sad.
Fukin brilliant. Soo spot on and so well said.

Originally posted by wake4law_cane4life:

Yes, I do. When young people are told, in essence, they are substandard human beings it has a variety of psychological consequences in them. It's not really hard to understand that. And homosexuality amongst youth is not increasing and I challenge you to show me one legit, reputable study that says that it is. What you will find is that the incidence of people being willing to REPORT that they are homosexual is increasing. It again should not be surprising that more people are willing to identify themselves as homosexuals publicly or in a study now than 60 years ago.
Lol. So you think I or anyone that doesn't applaud homosexuality is going around focusing our efforts on telling young "gay" kids that they're substandard humans? Another one of the unreasonable arguments to demonize heterosexuals who do not applaud homosexuality. In what statement have I suggested anything about preaching such a message to gay kids? Who in their right minds would say such harsh things to kids. You guys consistently make up or conclude the most off the wall sh*t in your prhomo-sexual defenses. What about the confusion homosexuality is causing for straight kids? You don't believe kids are affected by this homosexual lifestyle promotion? This promotion of homosexuality has nothing to do with rights, gay people are not a disadvantaged people. It's strictly a marketing campaign that's surely having an effect on increasing the numbers.

I don't have any solid numbers on the increase in homosexual behavior at this time but I'd bet my last dime on any study that's done that the numbers of homosexual and bisexual behavior amongst kids have dramatically increase. It's a fact that many kids now no longer draw a distinction of dating a man vs woman. All you need to do is ask them the question and you'll see for yourself. Don't need a study on that, I've done my own. The common answer is that it doesn't matter who you date now. This is a direct result of the homo agenda and propaganda machine, and if you don't find this attitude amongst kids disturbing then you're either gay or they've mind fck'd you with this homo campaign also. No way in hell was there this many people "in the closet" and you're crazy if you think the numbers you see now are all people who were so-called born gay. You're also crazy if you believe kids cannot be influence by media, images, and the promotional homosexual fanfare every time someone comes out. Ironically, you seem to be overly concerned and worried about the sanctity of the gay kids but not the least bit show of concern for how the straight kids may be affected by the gay media blitz.

Three strong brothers and myself run a boys Rites of Passage program where we teach young boys ages 12-17 the principles of transitioning to manhood and becoming a strong and responsible black man. Our program includes cultural heritage, discipline and responsibility, critical thinking, dealing with law enforcement, communication skills, sex education, media literacy, etc. We teach them principles of manhood from an African perspective and understanding the mind fckry this gen. is currently subjected to. The boys love learning about themselves, info they will never hear in the school system, and the parents love the boys' enthusiasm and growth as well. So you can talk your azz off about the damage you think people like Azar causes but Azar understands this matrix very well and I'm doing my part to produce strong black men in our community to fight the male effeminization process currently in progress. My vision is 360/365, trust me....

This post was edited on 2/13 9:39 PM by Azar

^^^ I said your stance, not you. Read more critically before going off on multi paragraph tangents. If you don't share your stance with young kids, that's great I thank you for not doing so. Others do share your stance with young kids.

Azar and I go way back though he doesn't remember ( when I asked you if you are Iranian) and I have respected his views ever since. You may not agree with him but don't anyone ever doubt his intellect or astuteness. Just saying

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT