ADVERTISEMENT

now this is why race does play a big part of are lives

canescanes1

SuperCane
Feb 12, 2009
va beach va
Ok here we have D Cook still not pic up maybe because of off the field issue hmmm
But then u have Garett Bolles OT Utah that was kick out of 5 high schools dad kick him out the house was on drugs but its know big thing !!!!!!! but COOK is call a thug smdh because of some of the off the field issue hes had something is not rite out this !!!! this world wont change in are life time RACE WILL BE & ALWAYS WILL BE A ISSUE REAL TALK

Ok here we have D Cook still not pic up maybe because of off the field issue hmmm
But then u have Garett Bolles OT Utah that was kick out of 5 high schools dad kick him out the house was on drugs but its know big thing !!!!!!! but COOK is call a thug smdh because of some of the off the field issue hes had something is not rite out this !!!! this world wont change in are life time RACE WILL BE & ALWAYS WILL BE A ISSUE REAL TALK
You've got a point. I thought the same thing.

Reactions: kbreeze
Bolles acknowledged his indiscretions --which were considerably more significant than anything Cook has been accused of-- and has demonstrated contrition. He is now on a totally different life path; seemly committed to doing things the right way.

Still don't know what the big deal is with Cook but these professional evaluators have their jobs on the line so they research a lot more than you and me. That said, he is a GREAT NFL prospect and I have a feeling that a lot of folks are going to regret passing him up. BTW: What have you heard about Cook that you didn't hear about Edge......even while he was in the league and after? That seemed to work out okay for all involved.

Race does make a difference. The Utah kid would be called a thug and a dirt bag if he was the same race as Cook. Instead it's a good story. Unfortunately this is the world we live in.

You really think Cook is being discriminated against, because he is black? The League is overwhelmingly black. The only thing teams care about is winning. Teams obviously felt the white guy had a better chance of helping them win.

It's about trending. This kid is on the way up and cook is on the way down. He's been protected in Tallahassee. Now with some agent money in his pocket he is running around with an entourage of bad hangers on, blowing off the combine (he was totally unprepared) and coming in for interviews with NFL teams reeking of booze. Not to mention the lack of perceived value in the NFL for RBs.

Obvious clear cut racism.

OP this comment makes you look like a complete douche. So out of all the guys drafted last night how many were black vs white? May be if Dalvin's dad kicked him out of his house he would be past the character issues. We just had a black president quit acting like an entitled faggit.

I haven't read anywhere where it said cook showed up smelling like booze to interview or anything like that but i do know that the Utah kid and McCaffrey won't be shit in the league bank on it...

Reactions: dlmcane
Aaaaaand this is why very few white people take claims of racism serious anymore.

Hey if something doesn't go your way....scream racism!

I state this fully understanding there are still many instances of racism, but goddamn all these claims sure do water down the legit scenarios.

LOL - okay bro. Victim mentality. You can't fix stupid.

One kid gets kicked out of different high schools and puts his life together, the other punches women in the face and abuses puppies, skips the combine, has an entourage of hanger ons that are POS and showed up half drunk to meetings.

But yeah it's a race thing...

Joe Mixon was first round material...

They just don't have the tape of Cook knocking the girl out.

And since Ray Rice, the NFL teams are going to be extra careful bringing in someone to be the face of their program that has a past of hitting women.

Aaaaaand this is why very few white people take claims of racism serious anymore.

Hey if something doesn't go your way....scream racism!

I state this fully understanding there are still many instances of racism, but goddamn all these claims sure do water down the legit scenarios.
Stupid post they would pick a green person is they thought they could win with him. The league is too cutthroat for them to care about race, but some people always have to pull race card.

some of you are showing how lost you are in race issues . . . this isn't an issue of teams discriminating against cooks talents . . . it's an issue of coverage of an athlete and perception . . . here's a young man that has been kicked out of multiple schools etc, yet he's celebrated for his perseverance, then you have this black kid who is said to hang out with the wrong crowd, yet has never been kick out of school, and for all purpose is a solid kid, but he has a black cloud around him . . . lets not be naive, i'm sure the bolle kid was keeping a bad crowd, yet that a black cloud has not seemed to follow him as it has cook

Race will continue to be an issue because people continue to look for a way to make it an issue in a situation like this. Garett Bolles had issues in high school and is now 24 years old and married with a kid, seemingly showing he learned from mistakes and has matured. Dalvin Cook has demonstrated issues recently. I don't recall anybody in the media or NFL labeling him a "thug."

It isn't racist that one particular white OT was selected (20th) before one particular black RB. How many black players were selected before Garett Bolles? I don't know off hand since I don't watch the draft keeping score of what races were picked but I would assume it was at least 14, probably more.

Every team with a first round pick passed over Dalvin Cook while many teams picked black players. That is not racism, institutional or otherwise.

Reactions: G-Town Indian
I haven't read anywhere where it said cook showed up smelling like booze to interview or anything like that but i do know that the Utah kid and McCaffrey won't be shit in the league bank on it...

And there is a racist comment right there!!!

Why will they not so shit?? Because they are white?? Certainly Mcaffrey's dad did do shit in the NFL. Kid was one of the best RB and overall players in college football. NFL GM's and scouts who get paid big bucks certainly think so. But some poster on this site is the authority on who makes it and who doesn't??

And as for OP, basically what you are saying is that all black guys with character issues get black balled no matter what. Well how come guys like Aldon Smith, Dez Bryant and others that got drafted in first round despite their character issues.

It's about winning and risk reward!! A quality left tackle is always in higher demand than a RB. Plain and simple.

Yea, your wrong about McCaffrey, but I don't know anything about the kid from Utah.

some of you are showing how lost you are in race issues . . . this isn't an issue of teams discriminating against cooks talents . . . it's an issue of coverage of an athlete and perception . . . here's a young man that has been kicked out of multiple schools etc, yet he's celebrated for his perseverance, then you have this black kid who is said to hang out with the wrong crowd, yet has never been kick out of school, and for all purpose is a solid kid, but he has a black cloud around him . . . lets not be naive, i'm sure the bolle kid was keeping a bad crowd, yet that a black cloud has not seemed to follow him as it has cook

Ridiculous statement. Heaven forbid that maybe Cook's game does not translate to the NFL level or that Tackkes are more in demand early in drafts than RB's who unless you are considered spectacular like Fournette or Ezikiel Elliott from last year, are never chosen early. Teams tend to wait on RB's.

Kamara and D'onte Foreman were as productive as Cook and do not have character issues cloud following them. So why were they not taken before Bolles or in first round???? Is that a racist thing??

Sounds more like sour grapes than a racist issue.

By the way, Bolles got kicked out of 5 schools while in HS!!! That is 4 years removed from when he was drafted. Seems like he has been model Citezen Whike at Utah. So what is the big deal!! You guys are making a mountain out of a mowhill

Now back to your post...1st why in the hell do so many people use the word "are" in place of "our". (must be a racial thing)

2nd, 9x out of 10 when I hear about racial issues it's because someone conjured up some bullshit story of excuse for it, such as this one. Every one of us knows that Cook is a hell of a back, but he something else going on apparently and NFL franchises chose not to make the big investment in him by drafting 1st round. You can bet your ass that the NFL doesn't care about baggage, but those folks aren't stupid either, if they're going to take the risk, they're not going to throw tons of money at it and pray!

Reactions: birdman561
It's ok black lives matter.

Don't worry black l

It's ok black lives matter.
Talk that shit in over town, Liberty city etc.. talk that shit to some of these top African American young kids who you want to come play for the university of Miami tell me how it works out for ya...

Talk that shit in over town, Liberty city etc.. talk that shit to some of these top African American young kids who you want to come play for the university of Miami tell me how it works out for ya...
So now it turns into shit talking...and this thread has molded into most conversations about racism, since it's not going your way, let's just talk shit instead...SMH

And how do you know that?

I agree that this is a ridiculous post but the claims against Cook that he showed up reeking of alcohol were apparently made up by an agent that he decided not to hire.
How can a league comprised of probably what 75% blacks be racist????

Racist and jealous. No white skill position player could be as good as black player!

Can you name a white player in the draft who is going to do well in the NFL?

The clowning never stops with you. The "bank on it" line screams ignorance and the bravado typical of someone who talks the talk but can't walk the walk.

Reactions: birdman561
Racist and jealous. No white skill position player could be as good as black player!

Can you name a white player in the draft who is going to do well in the NFL?

The clowning never stops with you. The "bank on it" line screams ignorance and the bravado typical of someone who talks the talk but can't walk the walk.
Ok buddy lol

If you're saying that Cook has not been drafted b/c of [unsubstantiated?] off the field issues, but Bolles has ... and that proves that race matters, I disagree. There are way more variables involved in the draft besides race.

OTOH, if you're saying that Cook's [unsubstantiated] off the field issues cause many people to dismiss him as a thug and generally bad human being, but Bolle's issues do not (just a kid that made bad decisions) ... and race is the primary reason why they are perceived differently, I agree.

Reactions: Ronald1978
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT