ADVERTISEMENT

now this is why race does play a big part of are lives

You really think Cook is being discriminated against, because he is black? The League is overwhelmingly black. The only thing teams care about is winning. Teams obviously felt the white guy had a better chance of helping them win.
Damn right............winning has no color, but NO team wants to deal with drama and B/S....on or off the field.

These are professionals paid a hell of a lot of money...............and they do not employ babysitters...........
Cook sowed his B/S attitudes, and is reaping the result.....red flags... in the NFL.

Race is a bull sh** comment, in a league that is dominated by and overwhelming black.
Your supposition is ridiculous.....

Living in Utah I know a bit more about Bolles than most on here. When his father threw him out he hit the streets with just a few bags of clothes. His lacrosse coach spotted him and decided to take him in. The first thing he did was to lay down some rules. He would go to church, he would pay tithing, and he would get a job. He also made it clear that any screw ups would get him thrown out with no questions asked. After high school he went on a 2 year mission for the Mormon church. After his mission he decided to give football another try and went to Snow College out here in Utah. Notable alumni of Snow include Star Lotulelei, Josh Heupel and Kevin Curtis. While at Snow he became the number one JC recruit in the country and also met his future wife. Utah picked him up from there and he became one of the best tackles in the country. His new Mom had this to say about him last year year in an interview, " A champion picks himself up every time he falls. Every single day I worry about that kid, but I don't worry that he won't pick himself up." Regardless of his race, we should be celebrating the fact that this young man was able to overcome some pretty big obstacles to get to where he is today.

Ok here we have D Cook still not pic up maybe because of off the field issue hmmm
But then u have Garett Bolles OT Utah that was kick out of 5 high schools dad kick him out the house was on drugs but its know big thing !!!!!!! but COOK is call a thug smdh because of some of the off the field issue hes had something is not rite out this !!!! this world wont change in are life time RACE WILL BE & ALWAYS WILL BE A ISSUE REAL TALK
Canes...nobody here likes racism but you made a bad call here. Read something about Bolles life and you will see his issues are way way behind him. He turned his life around years ago. .He went from homeless to becoming a missionary for 2 year to going to a tiny college in Utah and finally just one year at U of Utah. He's a success story man. Maybe years ago you COULD have called him a thug. But not anymore.

Cook's issues are current.

Question? Who is in this so called bad crowd he is hanging with?? Maybe they are his family members that have supported him since day one. I haven't heard of the kid getting into any other trouble beside the first incident when he arrived at FSWHO!
Excuses to FACE reality..............posses's are not welcome in the NFL with all the attendant baggage and B/S.......your excuses are B/S..................

Ok here we have D Cook still not pic up maybe because of off the field issue hmmm
But then u have Garett Bolles OT Utah that was kick out of 5 high schools dad kick him out the house was on drugs but its know big thing !!!!!!! but COOK is call a thug smdh because of some of the off the field issue hes had something is not rite out this !!!! this world wont change in are life time RACE WILL BE & ALWAYS WILL BE A ISSUE REAL TALK
please go kill yourself.

20. Florida State RB Dalvin Cook

The skinny: Elite prep recruit overcame two incidents early in his high school days — arrested and charged with robbery as a juvenile in 2009, and also arrested and charged with firing a weapon and possessing a weapon at an event on school property in 2010 — both of which were dropped by the prosecutors. He signed with the Seminoles but then got in trouble again before reporting to the team, with two separate incidents. First, he was charged with criminal mischief in October 2014 for his participation in a BB gun fight from June 2014 in which several vehicles were damaged. Then in July 2014, Cook was cited by the City of Tallahassee Animal Services for mistreatment of three pit bull puppies, chaining them together by the neck.

THIS^^^^ + him punching a woman in the face = Not worth a 1st round pick

Has absolutely nothing to do with race

There are times when I can't help but wonder what America's great black leaders like Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, DuBois, Jackie Robinson, MLK, Jesse Owens, Maya Angelou, Jim Brown, and Colin Powell, just to name a few, would think about these weak minded, snowflake millenials and their never-ending reckless use of the race card.

People like the OP who continuously play the race card to death completely water down the real issues of race and insult everything the above named people stood and fought for during their lives.

You cry wolf enough times people simply start to turn away and then the real instance of racism don't receive the attention which is warranted. But the OP is too selfish, too weak-minded, and too entitled like so many millions of others these days to realize that.
Out of all of your posts that I've read and you've had some whoppers this is by far the the most idiotic one to date. You and others like you who have absolutely NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE or experiences with racism and discrimination in this country kill me when you sit up on your high horse and talk about racism as if it's some abstract boogeyman that doesn't exist. When is the last time you were called or viewed upon as the N word? When was the last time you or someone in your family were told that you couldn't have something or do something because of the color of their skin I.E. employment, housing etc? When the last time you were accosted or had your ass whipped by the police because of the color of your skin? Can we draw a nexus between Dalvin Cook and Garett Boles? Well they both had character issues where Boles was kicked out of FIVE high schools, his parents house and has been involved with drugs and has been locked up and is a first round pick. Cook went to the same high school all four years and has also been arrested but no reports of drug abuse and falls out of the first round and is labeled a thug which is code for the N word. This particular case may or may not be an apples to apples comparison but Racism is in the very DNA of this country always has been and always will be. Blacks have always had to work twice as hard to get half as much in this country and for you to sit in your white privileged world and call us pro blacks who point out racism snowflakes and your favorite and predictable label "liberals" or "flaming liberal" is damn near laughable and if anyone on this board has a problem with what I just said, tough shit! Those who have never experienced racism or discrimination ought to just STFU about the subject because you don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: dlmcane
There are times when I can't help but wonder what America's great black leaders like Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, DuBois, Jackie Robinson, MLK, Jesse Owens, Maya Angelou, Jim Brown, and Colin Powell, just to name a few, would think about these weak minded, snowflake millenials and their never-ending reckless use of the race card.

People like the OP who continuously play the race card to death completely water down the real issues of race and insult everything the above named people stood and fought for during their lives.

You cry wolf enough times people simply start to turn away and then the real instance of racism don't receive the attention which is warranted. But the OP is too selfish, too weak-minded, and too entitled like so many millions of others these days to realize that.
Out of all of your posts that I've read and you've had some whoppers this is by far the the most idiotic one to date. You and others like you who have absolutely NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE or experiences with racism and discrimination in this country kill me when you sit up on your high horse and talk about racism as if it's some abstract boogeyman that doesn't exist. When is the last time you were called or viewed upon as the N word? When was the last time you or someone in your family were told that you couldn't have something or do something because of the color of their skin I.E. employment, housing etc? When the last time you were accosted or had your ass whipped by the police because of the color of your skin? Can we draw a nexus between Dalvin Cook and Garett Boles? Well they both had character issues where Boles was kicked out of FIVE high schools, his parents house and has been involved with drugs and has been locked up and is a first round pick. Cook went to the same high school all four years and has also been arrested but no reports of drug abuse and falls out of the first round and is labeled a thug which is code for the N word. This particular case may or may not be an apples to apples comparison but Racism is in the very DNA of this country always has been and always will be. Blacks have always had to work twice as hard to get half as much in this country and for you to sit in your white privileged world and call us pro blacks who point out racism snowflakes and your favorite and predictable label "liberals" or "flaming liberal" is damn near laughable and I don't give a shit who on this board has a problem with what I just said!

Truthfully I did bust his chops pretty bad a few weeks ago for being a fake German

Reactions: normsmith
He has a more severe problem BETWEEN his shoulders. That is why nobody wanted to commit to paying him 1st round bonus money.

Correct, 289. What you mentioned is by far his biggest problem. But he also has had problems with his hamstrings. He would often take himself out of games because his hammies would tighten up.
It was actually a bit of a surprise he was taken with the 20th pick with all the problems he has.

Out of all of your posts that I've read and you've had some whoppers this is by far the the most idiotic one to date. You and others like you who have absolutely NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE or experiences with racism and discrimination in this country kill me when you sit up on your high horse and talk about racism as if it's some abstract boogeyman that doesn't exist. When is the last time you were called or viewed upon as the N word? When was the last time you or someone in your family were told that you couldn't have something or do something because of the color of their skin I.E. employment, housing etc? When the last time you were accosted or had your ass whipped by the police because of the color of your skin? Can we draw a nexus between Dalvin Cook and Garett Boles? Well they both had character issues where Boles was kicked out of FIVE high schools, his parents house and has been involved with drugs and has been locked up and is a first round pick. Cook went to the same high school all four years and has also been arrested but no reports of drug abuse and falls out of the first round and is labeled a thug which is code for the N word. This particular case may or may not be an apples to apples comparison but Racism is in the very DNA of this country always has been and always will be. Blacks have always had to work twice as hard to get half as much in this country and for you to sit in your white privileged world and call us pro blacks who point out racism snowflakes and your favorite and predictable label "liberals" or "flaming liberal" is damn near laughable and if anyone on this board has a problem with what I just said and in the immortal words of Ice Cube from Amerikkkas Most Wanted, Fuk all y'all! Those who have never experienced racism or discrimination ought to just STFU about the subject because you don't know what you're talking about.

It is laughably ignorant to think that one is ignorant for commenting on race simply because the person commenting is not a minority...

Reactions: rkrantz
Can u guys explain what the Utah kid did ?? I don't know.

I know Cook punched a girl. It doesn't get any lower than that unless it's rape, child molestation or murder.
It wasn't the only thing that he did, but what got Bolles put in jail was that he vandalized a rival schools football field and he was 18 when it happened. My oldest son played on that field a couple of times and it was a really nice turf field.

Preach brother i kno wut u mean

It is laughably ignorant to think that one is ignorant for commenting on race simply because the person commenting is not a minority...
Laughably ignorant? Get real bruh! Have you ever given birth to a baby? No you haven't so you can't tell a woman what it feels like to go into labor. Same concept.

It's about trending. This kid is on the way up and cook is on the way down. He's been protected in Tallahassee. Now with some agent money in his pocket he is running around with an entourage of bad hangers on, blowing off the combine (he was totally unprepared) and coming in for interviews with NFL teams reeking of booze. Not to mention the lack of perceived value in the NFL for RBs.

Obvious clear cut racism.
Ouch!

Reactions: rkrantz
Laughably ignorant? Get real bruh! Have you ever given birth to a baby? No you haven't so you can't tell a woman what it feels like to go into labor. Same concept.

I think that it's ridiculous for a black person who claims something or someone is racist without any direct evidence to back that claim up, to expect everyone who is white to respect that claim because white people are white and have never personally experienced it.

Not happening with me.

If you wan't me to either read or listen to your viewpoint about why you think someone or something is racist, then that is fine and I'll engage in a quality conversation about it. But people aren't going to dictate the terms of debating the issue of race with me by telling me to shut up because I am white and have never been black and experienced racism. I haven't- but have studied history. I have listened to people who have experienced it. I have read about it, heard interviews from people. At least I come to the table with an open mind- but coming to the table with an open mind doesn't mean the OP can recklessly run his mouth about a unsubstantiated claim of racism and expect every white person on the Board to shut up and not challenge that unsubstantiated claim. You don't get to suppress my right to question something simply because you are black and I am white and thus I have to accept things on face value merely because of who is black and who is white. Doesn't work that way with me.

Last edited:
Im a red head. Less then 3 percent of us in this world.....And I find the term Ginger offensive. i am the true minority so suck it :cool:

In all seriousness though anyone who thinks racism isnt an issue is kidding themselves. It is here and will never go away as long as you have people in this world that feed the beast. The same goes with Bigotry, Religious hatred, Cultural biases, and on goes the list. BUUUUUUUT in this case I tend to believe its about one color.

No one cares what white people take seriously! I mean the unmitigated gall of you to think that we should be concerned about what you take seriously. That's as stupid a comment as you can make. News flash, you are not the barometer of justice.

Never said white people were, but unfortunately white people are typically blamed for most instances of racism....because you know, only whites can be racist against black people.

Im a red head. Less then 3 percent of us in this world.....And I find the term Ginger offensive. i am the true minority so suck it :cool:

In all seriousness though anyone who thinks racism isnt an issue is kidding themselves. It is here and will never go away as long as you have people in this world that feed the beast. The same goes with Bigotry, Religious hatred, Cultural biases, and on goes the list. BUUUUUUUT in this case I tend to believe its about one color.
Are safe spaces for gingers red?

Are safe spaces for gingers red?

We dont need safe spaces because with no soul comes no hurt feelings. We are or were considered several things, A genetic abomination, a curse from the devil, witches, Impure, and ultimately Evil. We were even disposed of as babies.

Cartman said it best when he said that red heads were a disease known as Gingervitis.:rolleyes:

We dont need safe spaces because with no soul comes no hurt feelings. We are or were considered several things, A genetic abomination, a curse from the devil, witches, Impure, and ultimately Evil. We were even disposed of as babies.

Cartman said it best when he said that red heads were a disease known as Gingervitis.:rolleyes:

My ex-wife is a redhead, all of those descriptions are true.

Reactions: packman0515
I think that it's ridiculous for a black person who claims something or someone is racist without any direct evidence to back that claim up, to expect everyone who is white to respect that claim because white people are white and have never personally experienced it.

Not happening with me.

If you wan't me to either read or listen to your viewpoint about why you think someone or something is racist, then that is fine and I'll engage in a quality conversation about it. But people aren't going to dictate the terms of debating the issue of race with me by telling me to shut up because I am white and have never been black and experienced racism. I haven't- but have studied history. I have listened to people who have experienced it. I have read about it, heard interviews from people. At least I come to the table with an open mind- but coming to the table with an open mind doesn't mean the OP can recklessly run his mouth about a unsubstantiated claim of racism and expect every white person on the Board to shut up and not challenge that unsubstantiated claim. You don't get to suppress my right to question something simply because you are black and I am white and thus I have to accept things on face value merely because of who is black and who is white. Doesn't work that way with me.
In your response to the OP, it seemed to me and I'd like to think that I have a pretty good handle on reading comprehension that you seemed to be dismissive of racism in general with your comment about millennials and how they wantonly pull the "race card" just to paraphrase what you initially said. I can't speak for the OP only myself and my comments which is why I qualified my response to your post with my "This may or may not be an apples to apples comparison" as it relates to Dalvin Cook and Garett Boles. I personally could give a fuk about where a Nole gets drafted. We got us a first rounder but I was black before I was ever a Cane fan. My response was more about the existence of racism in general and you seemingly acting as though we use it as a crutch. I can go toe to toe with anyone when it comes to racial disparities in this country. You and I have had a few heated debates on here and if I engage or challenge you I'm coming WITH FACTS to back up my position. As far as you reading and talking to folks about racism, it's not the same as being a victim of it now is it? I could talk to you for weeks about being on aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf but if you've never experienced it so you're probably not going grasp it just like you could talk to me about going to law school, I've never been so I can only go by what you say and won't grasp that. Are there cases where some people may incorrectly claim racism or claim it to cover up their or the shortcomings of others? Yeah it happens but that certainly doesn't mean that racism doesn't exist and it pisses me off when people act like it doesn't exist especially and more often than not it's people who've never walked a mile in a black man's shoes.

Reactions: dlmcane
In your response to the OP, it seemed to me and I'd like to think that I have a pretty good handle on reading comprehension that you seemed to be dismissive of racism in general with your comment about millennials and how they wantonly pull the "race card" just to paraphrase what you initially said. I can't speak for the OP only myself and my comments which is why I qualified my response to your post with my "This may or may not be an apples to apples comparison" as it relates to Dalvin Cook and Garett Boles. I personally could give a fuk about where a Nole gets drafted. We got us a first rounder but I was black before I was ever a Cane fan. My response was more about the existence of racism in general and you seemingly acting as though we use it as a crutch. I can go toe to toe with anyone when it comes to racial disparities in this country. You and I have had a few heated debates on here and if I engage or challenge you I'm coming WITH FACTS to back up my position. As far as you reading and talking to folks about racism, it's not the same as being a victim of it now is it? I could talk to you for weeks about being on aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf but if you've never experienced it so you're probably not going grasp it just like you could talk to me about going to law school, I've never been so I can only go by what you say and won't grasp that. Are there cases where some people may incorrectly claim racism or claim it to cover up their or the shortcomings of others? Yeah it happens but that certainly doesn't mean that racism doesn't exist and it pisses me off when people act like it doesn't exist especially and more often than not it's people who've never walked a mile in a black man's shoes.

First and foremost, every reasonable person understands that racism still exists in this country, at every level. That is non-debatable, so for me we can begin the discussion at that level and focus on specific issues in a specific area. I do believe that millenials are the generation of entitlement in different respects. I think that a lot of young blacks continue to place the race card too often, improperly equate issues today to the issues of the Civil Rights Movement, and are too quick to summarily label either something or someone racist. Doing so is an insult to a lot of people who have fought for real change in this country and to bring real race issues to the forefront in society so that those real issues can be given the attention to which they are warranted.

The OP simply shoots from the hip here and offers no tangible direct evidence that the cause of certain black prospects falling in the Draft was a result of racism by NFL front offices. He offers innuendo, theory, and rehearsed emotional rhetoric. Such will not suffice when you're trying to make a bona fide major claim that racism was the cause of NFL prospects falling in the Draft.

We all should agree that racism exists in society at every level, including the NFL, but when I see someone play fast, loose, and reckless with the race card in order to inflame the Board and promote a self-serving agenda, I'm going to call the OP out for it. And truth be told, this isn't the first time the OP has thrown this type of thread out on the Board.

Last edited:
Some people find race issues because they look for it everywhere

I got news for you I know people that got to grade him and his post College workouts and they all said he shit the bed.

Sorry he wasn't picked in the first round not because of his skin color but because of his work ethic.

Go ahead and bury your head in the sand and get back on your racism Soap Box.

First and foremost, every reasonable person understands that racism still exists in this country, at every level. That is non-debatable, so for me we can begin the discussion at that level and focus on specific issues in a specific area. I do believe that millenials are the generation of entitlement in different respects. I think that a lot of young blacks continue to place the race card too often, improperly equate issues today to the issues of the Civil Rights Movement, and are too quick to summarily label either something or someone racist. Doing so is an insult to a lot of people who have fought for real change in this country and to bring real race issues to the forefront in society so that those real issues can be given the attention to which they are warranted.

The OP simply shoots from the hip here and offers no tangible direct evidence that the cause of certain black prospects falling in the Draft was a result of racism by NFL front offices. He offers innuendo, theory, and rehearsed emotional rhetoric. Such will not suffice when you're trying to make a bona fide major claim that racism was the cause of NFL prospects falling in the Draft.

We all should agree that racism exists in society at every level, including the NFL, but when I see someone play fast, loose, and reckless with the race card in order to inflame the Board and promote a self-serving agenda, I'm going to call the OP out for it. And truth be told, this isn't the first time the OP has thrown this type of thread out on the Board.
Let me ask you this as it relates Hurricane football, fuk Dalvin Cook. What do you think or how would you compare Randy Shannon's treatment compared to Al Golden or Alverage Folden Zook as you call him?

Some people find race issues because they look for it everywhere

I got news for you I know people that got to grade him and his post College workouts and they all said he shit the bed.

Sorry he wasn't picked in the first round not because of his skin color but because of his work ethic.

Go ahead and bury your head in the sand and get back on your racism Soap Box.

Tadow

2b86313f112023bdcc4b9007761d6386.jpg

Let me ask you this as it relates Hurricane football, fuk Dalvin Cook. What do you think or how would you compare Randy Shannon's treatment compared to Al Golden or Alverage Folden Zook as you call him?
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh gawd.......
Here we go again......try tautology........starting out and ending up where you began......(saying the same thing twice in different words).....

smith.........lighten your ass up......this has been replayed, rehashed, and beaten to death............:(:(:(o_O......come up with more facts........ rather than spurious arguments....

Race does play a huge part in Society.
That being said ,the NFL does not care . It boils down to supply and demand.
As well as potential longevity. There just are not as many 300 lbs men that can run and shuffle their feet to go around.
As far a D Cook I think they will regret not taking him.

Let me guess... the bears are racist because they drafted trubisky instead of watson...

No, the Bears are just dumb! A special kind of dumb...Let's not forget they gave (3) picks and moved up (1) spot to take Trubisky when they could have had him anyway.

But then u have Garett Bolles OT Utah that was kick out of 5 high schools dad kick him out the house was on drugs but its know big thing !!!!!!! but COOK is call a thug smdh because of some of the off the field issue hes had something is not rite out this !!!! this world wont change in are life time RACE WILL BE & ALWAYS WILL BE A ISSUE REAL TALK[/
But then u have Garett Bolles OT Utah that was kick out of 5 high schools dad kick him out the house was on drugs but its know big thing !!!!!!! but COOK is call a thug smdh because of some of the off the field issue hes had something is not rite out this !!!! this world wont change in are life time RACE WILL BE & ALWAYS WILL BE A ISSUE REAL TALK[/

No, the Bears are just dumb! A special kind of dumb...Let's not forget they gave (3) picks and moved up (1) spot to take Trubisky when they could have had him anyway.
Hindsight is 20/20.. trubisky was their guy and they didnt want to take a chance

Really?
Seriously?
I'm not even a McCaffery fan but this is a ridiculous.
Race aside.

Person A
Broke Barry Sanders NCAA all purpose yards record.
Can play running back, slot receiver, and kick/punt returner.
Fumbles once every 243 carries.
Ran faster and jumped higher than person B at the combine.

Person B
Really good explosive back
FSU all time leading rusher.
Only plays running back
Has injury history
Among the 3rd lowest performances at the combine in the 20 yard shuttleand 3 cone drill.
Had multiple run in with the law while at FSU.
Fumbles once ever 63 touches.
Ran slightly slower than person A at the combine.

Your risking a first round pick... you tell me which one you will pick... I'll wait.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT