ADVERTISEMENT

now this is why race does play a big part of are lives

Canesport members be like...

tenor.gif

Ok here we have D Cook still not pic up maybe because of off the field issue hmmm
But then u have Garett Bolles OT Utah that was kick out of 5 high schools dad kick him out the house was on drugs but its know big thing !!!!!!! but COOK is call a thug smdh because of some of the off the field issue hes had something is not rite out this !!!! this world wont change in are life time RACE WILL BE & ALWAYS WILL BE A ISSUE REAL TALK

Is there some rational behind Bolles being taken before Cook without it being a race issue?

You say the situations are similar and therefore should have similar results with neither being taken early due to drug issues.

I don't know why Cook hasn't been chosen yet, but maybe its not because of drugs.

But more importantly, Denver has been craving a solid OT to make its next run for the Super Bowl.

Most teams don't think a running back its the thing that keeps them away from the prize.

But there are three sure things in the draft.

First, teams don't care about a persons race anymore.

Second, teams often pick a player based upon the biggest need on the team.

Third, if Cook screwed up his pre draft testing, his stock will drop no matter how good he was at FSU.

Reactions: rkrantz
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh gawd.......
Here we go again......try tautology........starting out and ending up where you began......(saying the same thing twice in different words).....

smith.........lighten your ass up......this has been replayed, rehashed, and beaten to death............:(:(:(o_O......come up with more facts........ rather than spurious arguments....
WTF are you talking about? AD AND I were having a robust discussion about racism and I simply was asking that man's opinion NOT YOURS and you don't know where I was going with the question or my thoughts on this particular issue. Moral of the story, get all of the facts or wait until Ad and I discuss before you butt in and start bumping your gums.

I think we can all fully expect to see Cook taken tonight. No doubt he failed to impress teams that he was worthy of being in the first round, but it was not due to talent but more likely character. The same could be said for Mixon who could very well be the most talented RB in the draft.

Ok here we have D Cook still not pic up maybe because of off the field issue hmmm
But then u have Garett Bolles OT Utah that was kick out of 5 high schools dad kick him out the house was on drugs but its know big thing !!!!!!! but COOK is call a thug smdh because of some of the off the field issue hes had something is not rite out this !!!! this world wont change in are life time RACE WILL BE & ALWAYS WILL BE A ISSUE REAL TALK
Bolles is tackle, need to jump up and grab skilled types at those positions!!

The fact is bolles was allowed to move on with his life. He's twenty five right now, so that means many of his problems occurred when he was maybe nineteen or twenty. But he was allowed to put it all in the past. Now joe mixon is still being persecuted for something that occured when he was eighteen. Why isn't he allowed to to put his transgression in the past?

I think OP is racist.

Written English and reality escape him.

He would have called AL Golden racist for not playing chocolate but he couldn't because all the backs were black.

What you see in somebody is what's in you.

He saw racism in the NFL draft, when clearly it wasn't.

The fact is bolles was allowed to move on with his life. He's twenty five right now, so that means many of his problems occurred when he was maybe nineteen or twenty. But he was allowed to put it all in the past. Now joe mixon is still being persecuted for something that occured when he was eighteen. Why isn't he allowed to to put his transgression in the past?
Math.

Reactions: Canetogo
University and fans more so the University.

Fans: I think fans were 50-50 on Randy. Many thought a man of his discipline, integrity, and recruiting capabilities were exactly what this program needed at the time Coker was fired. many other fans scratched their head and believed that a bigger name and coach should have been hired to bring the program back to prominence instead of rolling the dice on a first time at coach who was part of a regime whise head coach was just fired.

I think that most fans gave Randy a chance the first few years and saw progress from year one to year three through results (5, 7, 9, wins) more discipline, and solid recruiting classes. Shannon ultimately was a coach who was never going to be better than an 8-4 head coach here with an occassional 9-3 season. he beat Oklahoma, FSU twice, and a solid GT team in 2009. We beat VT one year. Shannon had good wins- not enough of them, and the embarrassing USF loss at home in November of 2011 sealed his fate.

University: Shalala loved Randy. he represented almost everything she wanted in a head coach. The problem was Shalala did not make winning a priority and Shannon's 7-9 annual wins was enough for Shalala. Shannon was given good but not great resources. there has been this myth that Shannon didn't receive any resources from the University to hire assistant coaches and put together a winning team. That is complete hogwash and has been debunked at least a dozen times by various posters (including TDE who is no longer on the Board). Shannon did not have as many resources as other top programs, and given his novicity as a first time coach coupled with a competitive ACC, it was always going to be an uphill battle for him here. The University gave him a four year contract and then signed Shannon to an extension before it all unraveled in Year 4.

Shannon did a lot more good for this program than Golden as a head coach and a lot less nad for this program than Golden as a head coach.

Reactions: normsmith
Fans: I think fans were 50-50 on Randy. Many thought a man of his discipline, integrity, and recruiting capabilities were exactly what this program needed at the time Coker was fired. many other fans scratched their head and believed that a bigger name and coach should have been hired to bring the program back to prominence instead of rolling the dice on a first time at coach who was part of a regime whise head coach was just fired.

I think that most fans gave Randy a chance the first few years and saw progress from year one to year three through results (5, 7, 9, wins) more discipline, and solid recruiting classes. Shannon ultimately was a coach who was never going to be better than an 8-4 head coach here with an occassional 9-3 season. he beat Oklahoma, FSU twice, and a solid GT team in 2009. We beat VT one year. Shannon had good wins- not enough of them, and the embarrassing USF loss at home in November of 2011 sealed his fate.

University: Shalala loved Randy. he represented almost everything she wanted in a head coach. The problem was Shalala did not make winning a priority and Shannon's 7-9 annual wins was enough for Shalala. Shannon was given good but not great resources. there has been this myth that Shannon didn't receive any resources from the University to hire assistant coaches and put together a winning team. That is complete hogwash and has been debunked at least a dozen times by various posters (including TDE who is no longer on the Board). Shannon did not have as many resources as other top programs, and given his novicity as a first time coach coupled with a competitive ACC, it was always going to be an uphill battle for him here. The University gave him a four year contract and then signed Shannon to an extension before it all unraveled in Year 4.

Shannon did a lot more good for this program than Golden as a head coach and a lot less nad for this program than Golden as a head coach.
I was okay with Randy Shannon getting fired and I liked him, I thought both he and Coker were lazy hires. The only thing that was a head scratcher for me is that they paid Golden twice as much as Shannon and he may have gotten a longer leash than Shannon. People like Stephen A Smith were talking out of their asses when Coach Richt was hired with the "why didn't Miami pursue any black coaching candidates" nonsense. If you can remember, Kellen Winslow Sr was interviewed and said specifically one of the reason why he was letting his son go to the U was because Shannon and the diversity on the coaching staff. I will admit that I was one of those people who didn't think that Randy got the support he needed so you just enlightened me on that.

I was okay with Randy Shannon getting fired and I liked him, I thought both he and Coker were lazy hires. The only thing that was a head scratcher for me is that they paid Golden twice as much as Shannon and he may have gotten a longer leash than Shannon. People like Stephen A Smith were talking out of their asses when Coach Richt was hired with the "why didn't Miami pursue any black coaching candidates" nonsense. If you can remember, Kellen Winslow Sr was interviewed and said specifically one of the reason why he was letting his son go to the U was because Shannon and the diversity on the coaching staff. I will admit that I was one of those people who didn't think that Randy got the support he needed so you just enlightened me on that.
Golden had HC experience, Shannon did not. Discount hire.

Reactions: Canetogo
Golden had HC experience, Shannon did not. Discount hire.
I get that but I believe in Equal Pay for equal work even though it doesn't always happen that way especially with professional coaches. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
So you'd pay Saban the same as a rookie HC? This isn't the Navy!! You get paid for what you bring to the table
Oh hell nawl, This has nothing to do with the Navy and you back up the brinks truck for him and didn't you read where I said you get what you pay for?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT