ADVERTISEMENT

now this is why race does play a big part of are lives

Ok here we have D Cook still not pic up maybe because of off the field issue hmmm
But then u have Garett Bolles OT Utah that was kick out of 5 high schools dad kick him out the house was on drugs but its know big thing !!!!!!! but COOK is call a thug smdh because of some of the off the field issue hes had something is not rite out this !!!! this world wont change in are life time RACE WILL BE & ALWAYS WILL BE A ISSUE REAL TALK

Racism is real, I think we all understand that.

But I am not sure that I agree with your argument here. There are two things in life that you simply cannot do:

You do not hurt women and you do not hurt animals. The guy you are defending has done both and then he also topped it all off with a nice six on the Wunderlich .......

I don't care if he was purple, I would not draft this turncoat piece of shit

As much as I dislike Dalvin, I find it difficult to believe that anyone raised by Betty Cook doesn't have good in them. He's made some mistakes and for sure has some bad guys as friends hopefully he can get rid of.

I think a smart team will trade up to get him early in the 2nd.

He will be fine.

Reactions: dlmcane
Aaaaaand this is why very few white people take claims of racism serious anymore.

Hey if something doesn't go your way....scream racism!

I state this fully understanding there are still many instances of racism, but goddamn all these claims sure do water down the legit scenarios.

this
/thread

also learn english op

Fact is that these types of threads never stay above board. It is silly to think there aren't racial tensions in America, but the fact is that this started with a comparison of a OT to a RB.

Facts outside of race...

- Since 2010, 12 RBs have been a 1st round pick (including this year)..meaning an average of 1.5 per year.
32 OTs have been selected in the same time frame in the 1st round or average of 4 per year. OTs are more in demand in the early rounds than RBs.

- Of the top 5 RBs in the league by rush yard, they were drafted in the following rounds:
1st Round, 5th Round, 3rd Round, 5th Round, 2nd Round

In fact remove Elliot from the list and it isn't till #11 on the rushing table before you get to another 1st rounder and he from 2011.

Reactions: bart80 and 289fia
Ridiculous statement. Heaven forbid that maybe Cook's game does not translate to the NFL level or that Tackkes are more in demand early in drafts than RB's who unless you are considered spectacular like Fournette or Ezikiel Elliott from last year, are never chosen early. Teams tend to wait on RB's.

Kamara and D'onte Foreman were as productive as Cook and do not have character issues cloud following them. So why were they not taken before Bolles or in first round???? Is that a racist thing??

Sounds more like sour grapes than a racist issue.

By the way, Bolles got kicked out of 5 schools while in HS!!! That is 4 years removed from when he was drafted. Seems like he has been model Citezen Whike at Utah. So what is the big deal!! You guys are making a mountain out of a mowhill

Bolles apparently never had a problem while he was in college .. while Cooks problems became more severe while in college .. to the point that everybody was screaming "FSU coverup" when he wasn't prosecuted for punching a girl in the face just before the last season. One kid who is apparently problem free .. and the other ... Cook who acts like an entitled punk. TEAMS are passing over him due to concerns about his character and the fact that there are potentially long term defensive players and offensive linemen .. who will have a longer term impact on a teams W's and L's than a RB.

Ridiculous statement. Heaven forbid that maybe Cook's game does not translate to the NFL level or that Tackkes are more in demand early in drafts than RB's who unless you are considered spectacular like Fournette or Ezikiel Elliott from last year, are never chosen early. Teams tend to wait on RB's.

Kamara and D'onte Foreman were as productive as Cook and do not have character issues cloud following them. So why were they not taken before Bolles or in first round???? Is that a racist thing??

By the way, Bolles got kicked out of 5 schools while in HS!!! That is 4 years removed from when he was drafted. Seems like he has been model Citezen Whike at Utah. So what is the big deal!! You guys are making a mountain out of a mowhill

you lost this argument when you brought up talent, my post does not discuss talent but perception . . .

Ok here we have D Cook still not pic up maybe because of off the field issue hmmm
But then u have Garett Bolles OT Utah that was kick out of 5 high schools dad kick him out the house was on drugs but its know big thing !!!!!!! but COOK is call a thug smdh because of some of the off the field issue hes had something is not rite out this !!!! this world wont change in are life time RACE WILL BE & ALWAYS WILL BE A ISSUE REAL TALK
we still love chocalate though and white women aint complaining.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Race matters----kid got a free ride at school and most likely never went to a single class and will make more money than the white guy from Utah in the nfl. I find it odd that people already have
Christian McCaffrey not making it in the league (let me guess why). He is faster than cook,and God knows he's smarter and fits the Panthers system better since they have Jonathan Stewart as the top RB and besides Brady who owns the league is white so stop trying to prove which color is the best.

Aaaaaand this is why very few white people take claims of racism serious anymore.

Hey if something doesn't go your way....scream racism!

I state this fully understanding there are still many instances of racism, but goddamn all these claims sure do water down the legit scenarios.
No one cares what white people take seriously! I mean the unmitigated gall of you to think that we should be concerned about what you take seriously. That's as stupid a comment as you can make. News flash, you are not the barometer of justice.

Hello yeah that's the same bullshit I said bro!!! This mutha****a was tripping!! It's obvious why he gets the pass tho, the shit wasn't even brought up really during the draft process.

Race does make a difference. The Utah kid would be called a thug and a dirt bag if he was the same race as Cook. Instead it's a good story. Unfortunately this is the world we live in.

The Utah kid changed direction in his life. He acknowledged his mistakes, admitted they were wrong, and has taken a path toward being a better person because of it.

An NFL scout said Cook smelled of liquor and weed when they had a conversation one day. Cook is surrounded by individuals who are poor influences on him and his image. Cook has not spoken of any issues in his past that he regrets or how he wants to become a better man because of them.

Can you see a difference here? If the Utah kid wreaked of liquor and drugs while speaking to an NFL scout and had an idiotic entourage with him at all times... he probably wouldnt be a 1st rounder. If Cook cut ties with his idiotic entourage, cleaned himself and his image up a little bit... maybe he WOULD have been a 1st rounder.

The issue isnt RACIAL... the issue is that everyone has a choice on how they want to present themselves. Cook has chosen poorly...

It's about trending. This kid is on the way up and cook is on the way down. He's been protected in Tallahassee. Now with some agent money in his pocket he is running around with an entourage of bad hangers on, blowing off the combine (he was totally unprepared) and coming in for interviews with NFL teams reeking of booze. Not to mention the lack of perceived value in the NFL for RBs.

Obvious clear cut racism.
Wreaking of booze? For real? It's hard for me to believe that he or anyone else would be stupid enough to jeopardize millions of dollars showing up to a workout or interview drunk.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigslaughter5
some of you are showing how lost you are in race issues . . . this isn't an issue of teams discriminating against cooks talents . . . it's an issue of coverage of an athlete and perception . . . here's a young man that has been kicked out of multiple schools etc, yet he's celebrated for his perseverance, then you have this black kid who is said to hang out with the wrong crowd, yet has never been kick out of school, and for all purpose is a solid kid, but he has a black cloud around him . . . lets not be naive, i'm sure the bolle kid was keeping a bad crowd, yet that a black cloud has not seemed to follow him as it has cook

The difference is in the 1 sentence above. That 1 sentence contains 1 single word... "WAS". I'm sure that the Bolle kid was hanging with a bad crowd as well.

But look around him now... where are they? Theyr arent around anymore because he chose a different path.

Look at Cook. Surrounded by a bad crowd. If you're an NFL GM, who do you think has a better chance of being Pac Man Jones? Which one of those guys is more likely to wind up embarrassing your franchise? Which one of those 2 is a better long term investment?

You guys are all about your emotions man... this is about business. And business isnt racial... business is practical.

Wreaking of booze? For real? It's hard for me to believe that he or anyone else would be stupid enough to jeopardize millions of dollars showing up to a workout or interview drunk.

I'm just telling you what I heard... I wasnt there so I dont know for sure, but its heavily rumored

Wtf the does that has to do with anything he'll Sam Bruce got in trouble in high school and y'all killed the Kid, so what's the Difference??? Joe Mixon did got in trouble when he was 18 and look how they are treating him.

The difference is in the 1 sentence above. That 1 sentence contains 1 single word... "WAS". I'm sure that the Bolle kid was hanging with a bad crowd as well.

But look around him now... where are they? Theyr arent around anymore because he chose a different path.

Look at Cook. Surrounded by a bad crowd. If you're an NFL GM, who do you think has a better chance of being Pac Man Jones? Which one of those guys is more likely to wind up embarrassing your franchise? Which one of those 2 is a better long term investment?

You guys are all about your emotions man... this is about business. And business isnt racial... business is practical.
Question? Who is in this so called bad crowd he is hanging with?? Maybe they are his family members that have supported him since day one. I haven't heard of the kid getting into any other trouble beside the first incident when he arrived at FSWHO!

Your big picture issue: RACE WILL BE & ALWAYS WILL BE A ISSUE .. is spot on canescanes1. The little pic issue however is off. Garett Bolles has already overcome his character issues. After years of fighting his own demons he has overcome and now is reaping the rewards. As for Cook he is "hopefully," just now starting to get his past really behind him. And THAT'S the real talk and the Difference, not skin color. In this case anyway.

Reactions: rkrantz
02401bec601cdde7027583542af7e656.png

Reactions: rkrantz
Racism is real, but this is not a case of racism. Period. Unfortunately there will always be people who will blame their lot in life or any kind of adverse situation on race. These people are typically the most racist and along with the rest of the ignorant will continue to perpetuate hate. Congrats OP.

Wow ... Have you ever been in a language arts class?

Can u guys explain what the Utah kid did ?? I don't know.

I know Cook punched a girl. It doesn't get any lower than that unless it's rape, child molestation or murder.

Reactions: tyrn
Question? Who is in this so called bad crowd he is hanging with?? Maybe they are his family members that have supported him since day one. I haven't heard of the kid getting into any other trouble beside the first incident when he arrived at FSWHO!

I dont know who these people are that are in his crowd. Maybe they are family and supporters. Maybe they are friends who are giving him encouragement. Whoever they are... they certainly arent acting like friends to him, because they may have cost him MILLIONS of dollars.

I'm not the one judging him or passing him up in the NFL draft!! I'm not the one casting aspersions... there are much smarter people who make alot more money than I do who are doing that right now. He isnt interviewing for a job with me... he's trying to get a job on an NFL team. The most popular and heavily followed sport in America.

Look... is Dalvin Cook a tremendous talent that will play in the NFL? Absolutely. Lets crunch the numbers:

There are 32 NFL teams. Thats 32 GMs, 32 owners, 32 draft coordinators, 32 head coaches, 32 player development coordinators, 32 head scouts, 32 assistant scouts, 32 QC representative, 32 HR representatives, 32 number crunchers, etc. that have looked this kid over. So... roughly 320 people who make decisions and grade potential NFL draftees DID NOT see enough value in Cook to take him in the 1st round.

Do you honestly think its because he is black? Try looking deeper. Look at his character. Look at his humility. Look at his demeanor. Look at his history. Look at his drive.

I'm not an NFL expert, or GM, or coach, or scout, or coordinator... but if people who have scouted him, interviewed him, studied him and analyzed him feel he isnt worth taking in the 1st round, I gotta believe there is something more, because he is an All-World RB talent. I'm sure he'll do great for whichever team takes him in the 2nd round (Probably GB with their first pick), but clearly he doesnt have his head on straight for teams to feel comfortable enough to draft him that high.

Thats on HIM. Thats a DALVIN COOK issue. Not a race issue... look at Ruben Foster, Gareon Conley, etc. Those guys had way bigger issues that Cook, but they went 1st round? If RACISM was a real, true issue... those guys would have fell to the later rounds too.

Last edited:
I have no way of knowing if race played a part in Cook slipping. I know for sure it had nothing to do with talent. To pretend that someone saying McCafferey and Bolles will bust is a racist comment is bs as well. Its hard to understand the perils of racism if u havent experienced it. Its funnt how white ppl constantly claim race is never an issue despite the evidence thats smacking in the face. It is equally funny how black ppl can contort some things that have nothing to do with race into a racial issue.

Race is a problem in this country and pretending its not is another form of racism. By the same token trying to u racism to camoflauge yours or others indescretions is a slap in the face to those ppl that had to endure the sting of racism.

There are times when I can't help but wonder what America's great black leaders like Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, DuBois, Jackie Robinson, MLK, Jesse Owens, Maya Angelou, Jim Brown, and Colin Powell, just to name a few, would think about these weak minded, snowflake millenials and their never-ending reckless use of the race card.

People like the OP who continuously play the race card to death completely water down the real issues of race and insult everything the above named people stood and fought for during their lives.

You cry wolf enough times people simply start to turn away and then the real instance of racism don't receive the attention which is warranted. But the OP is too selfish, too weak-minded, and too entitled like so many millions of others these days to realize that.

Race does make a difference. The Utah kid would be called a thug and a dirt bag if he was the same race as Cook. Instead it's a good story. Unfortunately this is the world we live in.

The Utah kid was BASICALLY called a thug and a dirtbag. Not in so many words of course. And he was.
But the kid turned his life around through faith. I have seen this happen to so many people, both celebs and regular folks.
Cook hasn't made that pivot yet. At least not yet. He got away with everything at FSU. And the NFL people know that.
The NFL people couldn't care less about race or color. They only care winning. But they also care about character and contrition.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I think Cook has shoulder problems.

In his 3 years didn't he miss time every season for shoulder issues?

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
I could be wrong, but I think Cook has shoulder problems.

In his 3 years didn't he miss time every season for shoulder issues?

He has a more severe problem BETWEEN his shoulders. That is why nobody wanted to commit to paying him 1st round bonus money.

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
20. Florida State RB Dalvin Cook

The skinny: Elite prep recruit overcame two incidents early in his high school days — arrested and charged with robbery as a juvenile in 2009, and also arrested and charged with firing a weapon and possessing a weapon at an event on school property in 2010 — both of which were dropped by the prosecutors. He signed with the Seminoles but then got in trouble again before reporting to the team, with two separate incidents. First, he was charged with criminal mischief in October 2014 for his participation in a BB gun fight from June 2014 in which several vehicles were damaged. Then in July 2014, Cook was cited by the City of Tallahassee Animal Services for mistreatment of three pit bull puppies, chaining them together by the neck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT