ADVERTISEMENT

The State of Florida's COVID-19 Response Should be the Nation's Model

Everyone told him from the beginning? Fauci was saying in the middle of Feb not to worry and to go ahead ad travel and go on cruises. The Director General of the WHO was still downplaying the severity of COVID at his March 3 meeting with the press and on March 2 we had just over 100 cases in the US. How much earlier exactly was Trump supposed to more about this? You don't want to blame Dems but yet Cuomo totally screwed New York over by his policies, including forcing nursing homes to admit infected patients which resulted in mass deaths in those homes.
look i think we all know cuomo screwed up but again everyhing in new york was blowing up so fast and so many people were getting sick like the plague but i guess he thought by asking for more he would be covered if it got so out of control that nobody would be able to stop its growth which it did in the beginning people were dying because they didint have the proper equiptment there to treat them as far as that goes and the nurses and doctors were also getting infected because they didint have masks or gloves or hand sanitizers or not enough of anything you could say. and agan stop with the dems bs this has nothing to do with the dems this is on everybody period in the adminstration no excuses to not have been prepared for this as far as having proper stuff in place before hand in case it reached here and became a bad omen here in which case it did.

Reactions: zackbear
Again the cult will believe anything those moron in charge trump Jr Ron desantis says. The paper said so far desantis has tested 6 percent of the 700 nursing homes and 3100 of assisted living facility and that equals 6 percent of 190,000 residents. There are family members who can't contact their relatives because the moron Jr has all these old folks homes on lockdown and aren't testing.dr birx trump lady in charge has stated these old people in nursing homes need testing now. So testing 11,400 people out 190,000 is really top notch by The way 880 elderly people have died in fl elderly care homes. You in the cult really dont have a clue.

Again the cult will believe anything those moron in charge trump Jr Ron desantis says. The paper said so far desantis has tested 6 percent of the 700 nursing homes and 3100 of assisted living facility and that equals 6 percent of 190,000 residents. There are family members who can't contact their relatives because the moron Jr has all these old folks homes on lockdown and aren't testing.dr birx trump lady in charge has stated these old people in nursing homes need testing now. So testing 11,400 people out 190,000 is really top notch by The way 880 elderly people have died in fl elderly care homes. You in the cult really dont have a clue.
does anyone want to reply to that question huh i live n florida as well yes we have doe a decent job but not near good enough from what i can see just in dade county alone we have over i think close to 16,000 cases just there alone and havint done near enough testing to get a handle here in florida in broward its over 6,000 but when you get to palm beach and further out its much lower because most folks come from either ft lauderdale or miami airport which are some of the largest in the states and they stay in these counties which i presume why they are seriously high.

Your conclusions are off base. All this shows is that heat/humidity are major factors in the transmission of the disease. Once summer hits up north expect similar trends.
NY has more nursing home deaths than total deaths in Florida. NY policies are horrible. Unfortunate most of the people fleeing to Florida from NY bring their failed political beliefs with them

look i think we all know cuomo screwed up but again everyhing in new york was blowing up so fast and so many people were getting sick like the plague but i guess he thought by asking for more he would be covered if it got so out of control that nobody would be able to stop its growth which it did in the beginning people were dying because they didint have the proper equiptment there to treat them as far as that goes and the nurses and doctors were also getting infected because they didint have masks or gloves or hand sanitizers or not enough of anything you could say. and agan stop with the dems bs this has nothing to do with the dems this is on everybody period in the adminstration no excuses to not have been prepared for this as far as having proper stuff in place before hand in case it reached here and became a bad omen here in which case it did.
This has everything to do with the Dem's BS.There is a reason why NY didn't have proper equipment. In 2015 Cuomo was told to replenish his supplies of that equipment. He chose instead to spend 750 million on a solar project. When you run a state you have decisions to make on how best to spend the taxpayer's money. He chose a pie in the sky project over his citizens health. I wonder how much of that solar farm money made it back into some Dem campaign fund. Is it BS that NY has more deaths than the next 4 states combined? This has everything to do with his failed policies, like not shutting down his state when the numbers were soaring and letting his people travel and infect other states, especially Fl. Now these foolish Governors that made their bed with their choices are trying to blame Trump for their ineptness. Not saying Trump has not made mistakes, no one alive would handle something perfectly when the rules change on a daily basis, but Cuomo's actions border on criminal.

Last edited:
Part of the reason Fla #s are good is..... #s have been held down, several reports about Capt ron holding the numbers down. It's a shame we can't get consistent factual # info. Both sides keep playing.
You need the correct info to make the best decisions, just like in your business.

I suggest you read our constitution and take a civics class. You do realize we are a republic of states who govern themselves, not a centralized government running all of the states? I also disagree that the Feds did nothing from Mid Jan to mid March. The facts say otherwise.

I am well aware of the Constitution, the powers it reserves to the States and the cases elaborating on those powers. However, in a national emergency the President has vast powers under the Defense Production Act and other provisions of law. Obviously the Governors and Mayors would have been critical, and mist actions would have been carried out any way at the state and local level, but more guidance and direction at the federal level would have helped.

As of today as a nation we have had about as many cases of this virus reported as the next 7 nations with most cases, combined. I realize what is reported is iffy, particularly by a nation like China, but that is still a bad stat. We simply have not had a resounding success in dealing with this virus, nor have we played a leadership role globally in combatting it.

I am well aware of the Constitution, the powers it reserves to the States and the cases elaborating on those powers. However, in a national emergency the President has vast powers under the Defense Production Act and other provisions of law. Obviously the Governors and Mayors would have been critical, and mist actions would have been carried out any way at the state and local level, but more guidance and direction at the federal level would have helped.

As of today as a nation we have had about as many cases of this virus reported as the next 7 nations with most cases, combined. I realize what is reported is iffy, particularly by a nation like China, but that is still a bad stat. We simply have not had a resounding success in dealing with this virus, nor have we played a leadership role globally in combatting it.
We have also tested more than all other countries combined. Do you understand how statistics work?

Let’s break it down.

Let’s say 20% of all populations have the virus. If country x tests 10,000,000 people, 2,000,000 people in country x have the virus. If country y only tests 1,000,000 people, then only 200,000 of country y have the virus. 2,000,000 X > 200,000 Y positives... Oh nooo, country X must be worse than country Y!!! .. but math!

Last edited:
Reactions: utatem and grbcane
With all this happy talk about Desantis doing a great job, he still lags behind many governors in terms of job performance during this pandemic. Governors from California, Ohio and NY ranked much higher than Desantis.

Also, why is the OP relying on MSM to prove his point of how great Desantis is? Last I heard he thought CNN was fake news. WTF!

I don't know who or the criteria they used in determining job performance but as a California resident I wish we had DeSantis as our governor. Newsome recently had to partially open the beaches because the White residents of Orange County protested the closure. Malls, gyms etc still closed with no end in sight.

Reactions: utatem
Why are everyone's responses so partisan? Read My thread's Subject line again. The State of Florida's Covid-19 Response Should Be the Nation's Model. I did not single out our Governor, as I was clear about crediting local officials who DeSantis left in charge of their own welfare. I meant EVERYBODY.

The credit goes to the State of Florida, its elected officials, and its citizens. There was no civil war here. Just local & state politicians cooperating, as well as citizens cooperating.

National media is starting to acknowledge this story, especially in DeSantis targeting our state's response to the high risk groups early on. Even Politico, a left-leaning media outlet, has acknowledged as much in a recent article.

The thing that boggles my mind is that people are complaining about DeSantis personally while ignoring his state's obvious results. Early on in this pandemic, many Conservatives nationwide were praising Cuomo's response, and some did it begrudgingly. But the opposite has not been true. Other than the Politico article I mentioned above, I see ZERO liberals, in the media or online, giving Florida any credit. And that's where the credit should go, to the people of our state, both elected officials and the citizenry.

Why are everyone's responses so partisan? Read My thread's Subject line again. The State of Florida's Covid-19 Response Should Be the Nation's Model. I did not single out our Governor, as I was clear about crediting local officials who DeSantis left in charge of their own welfare. I meant EVERYBODY.

The credit goes to the State of Florida, its elected officials, and its citizens. There was no civil war here. Just local & state politicians cooperating, as well as citizens cooperating.

National media is starting to acknowledge this story, especially in DeSantis targeting our state's response to the high risk groups early on. Even Politico, a left-leaning media outlet, has acknowledged as much in a recent article.

The thing that boggles my mind is that people are complaining about DeSantis personally while ignoring his state's obvious results. Early on in this pandemic, many Conservatives nationwide were praising Cuomo's response, and some did it begrudgingly. But the opposite has not been true. Other than the Politico article I mentioned above, I see ZERO liberals, in the media or online, giving Florida any credit. And that's where the credit should go, to the people of our state, both elected officials and the citizenry.

So we are clear, I and MSM have praised the Republican governor of Ohio. In spite of all the protests in his state he's done a great job. In fact the last poll I saw he was leading all governors in their state's response.

I don't have the issue with him asking for so much. That's what he should do. But the reaction when he only got partial was beyond excessive. And his policy to send COVID patients back to long term care facilities instead of hospitals (and there was capacity at temporary army and navy facilities brought over) was murderous and responsible for thousands of deaths.

Reactions: slipp_ery3333
With all this happy talk about Desantis doing a great job, he still lags behind many governors in terms of job performance during this pandemic. Governors from California, Ohio and NY ranked much higher than Desantis.

Also, why is the OP relying on MSM to prove his point of how great Desantis is? Last I heard he thought CNN was fake news. WTF!
Lol... California, Ohio, and NY governors rank higher? Says who? NY and California have been poster children for how not to respond to the pandemic and I’ll throw Michigan in there as well. Some governors are not as intelligent as others and also not as good at managing and those three states are living proof. DeSantis is not perfect, but he has done a good job for the most part.

Reactions: utatem
Lol... California, Ohio, and NY governors rank higher? Says who? NY and California have been poster children for how not to respond to the pandemic and I’ll throw Michigan in there as well. Some governors are not as intelligent as others and also not as good at managing and those three states are living proof. DeSantis is not perfect, but he has done a good job for the most part.
Leaving beaches open to spread the virus was one of his finest accomplishments. Trump's lap dog is an embarrassment.

Reactions: gdowning70
The truth hurts but Desantis is a bust and Dem governors got rave reviews.

https://www.politico.com/news/magaz...us-state-governors-best-worst-covid-19-159945

2a5499.jpg

Reactions: BreakingCane
loo i understand what you are saying in youre message but trump new about this way before that he knew back in late december when the first one broke out in china as far as its spreading and yes no one new it would get this bad but again he should have taken pre steps either way to guard the states from anyone from china getting any travel to anywhere in the states thats exactly how it happened when traveling to italy thats when it started the spread and then people coming home from there by plane to washington started the spread in the states all i am saying is he could have done much better job and i dont want to here about the facts vs fiction bs you are trying to say you know exactly what i am talking about he was the one that said oh its not coming here and what did it do it came here and then when it was at 15 what did he say oh it will be gone down to 0 and what happened again it spread even worse and nothing had been done to get things to the states that needed it before hand so maybe you need to do your math. oh whats the first he says oh its obamas fault this happened lol are you serous blame everyone else but me boo hoo trump what a crock of crap.
You mean while the Dems were in the middle of impeachment and Pelosi holding on to the articles for political purposes to prolong the impeachment process. Or Jan 14th when the WHO reported that Chinese scientist concluded the virus wasn't communicable Human to human? And Jan 21(a week later) the US gets it's 1st covid 19 diagnosis from a patient who had recently traveled from China. Or Jan 30th when Trump imposes the travel ban to and from China, while being criticized by Dems as Over-reactive, racist, and Xenophobic Dems and Most of the Country blew off Covid 19 in it's early stages in Jan and Feb likely distracted and consumed with the impeachment.fiasco only to get concerned at the end of March. But go ahead and continue with the Monday morning quarterbacking and revisionist history. Everybody miscalculated and got things wrong mainly the scientists!

it was meant to be witty and sarcastic. Go through my posts. I have posted zero comments regarding Covid and never post in any of the political threads

sorry it got you all riled up
My bad, no worries, sarcasm is hard to come across via text.!

CNN has created an excellent chart that brings great perspective to COVID-19's effects state by state. The chart provides not just the totals, but both infections & deaths per 100k of population. Florida's results are stunning. Despite being
1) the 3rd most populous state as well as
2) the 3rd largest in terms of elderly population, & having,
3) BY FAR, NOT EVEN CLOSE, the highest % of seniors among the most populated States,

FLA is only 32nd in terms of infections & 26th in terms of deaths when measured per capita.

This is astonishing! Some critics have called this luck. I say bullshit. We simply have better legislators in Florida, led by Governor Ron DeSantis, who governed far differently than Mr. Cuomo did in New York. While Cuomo ruled that no one could be denied re-admission or admission to a Nursing Home solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19, DeSantis did the opposite, protecting not only the vulnerable nursing home residents, but nursing home staff. He correctly isolated the most at risk Floridians, & prevented the elderly citizen carnage that happened in New York & other states. DeSantis received harsh criticism for allowing some counties to be treated differently than others, but it worked & is still working. And bravo to our Florida Mayors and County Officials as well. Your collective tactics have worked. All media criticisms now fall on deaf ears as the results speak for themselves. Unlike other states, our local & state officials not only cooperated fully, but praised & supported each other. Very different from states like PA, TX, Wisconsin, Illinois, & others. We had legislative unity here in Florida, and there was ZERO partisanship. Florida's response should be the model for the entire nation.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-us-maps-and-cases/

Is this the same Florida response you are talking about that allowed Spring Break to happen with no restrictions when it was obvious the threat was real?

Young people were allowed to gather on beaches and in bars as if there was no virus coming into our area. Many of those kids carried the disease, infected others, and then they all dispersed around the country. The only benefit to South Florida is that many of the young people left the state. Hey but at least the hotel rooms were full...

Well desantis just fired the person who was the head of cov19 that made the whole system for state of fl. She just came out stated she was demoted and fired because the governor wanted her to manipulate the number. It's on TV in the paper. Folks I told you the cult will do anything that gives them power. By the way this ladies cov19 database was nationally recognize as one of the best. So again I say you check whatever the cults says and find out the truth which hurts their cause. Sad to say

Reactions: Raoul2
CNN has created an excellent chart that brings great perspective to COVID-19's effects state by state. The chart provides not just the totals, but both infections & deaths per 100k of population. Florida's results are stunning. Despite being
1) the 3rd most populous state as well as
2) the 3rd largest in terms of elderly population, & having,
3) BY FAR, NOT EVEN CLOSE, the highest % of seniors among the most populated States,

FLA is only 32nd in terms of infections & 26th in terms of deaths when measured per capita.

This is astonishing! Some critics have called this luck. I say bullshit. We simply have better legislators in Florida, led by Governor Ron DeSantis, who governed far differently than Mr. Cuomo did in New York. While Cuomo ruled that no one could be denied re-admission or admission to a Nursing Home solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19, DeSantis did the opposite, protecting not only the vulnerable nursing home residents, but nursing home staff. He correctly isolated the most at risk Floridians, & prevented the elderly citizen carnage that happened in New York & other states. DeSantis received harsh criticism for allowing some counties to be treated differently than others, but it worked & is still working. And bravo to our Florida Mayors and County Officials as well. Your collective tactics have worked. All media criticisms now fall on deaf ears as the results speak for themselves. Unlike other states, our local & state officials not only cooperated fully, but praised & supported each other. Very different from states like PA, TX, Wisconsin, Illinois, & others. We had legislative unity here in Florida, and there was ZERO partisanship. Florida's response should be the model for the entire nation.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-us-maps-and-cases/

Well all righty then lets just get our asses out there and prove how fuc$ing great we really are and see what happens...here we gooo !!!

Stay safe my mentally stable brothers and I guess the rest of you also.lol

I don’t think many conservatives were praising Cuomo - but liberals were/are wetting themselves over #killercuomo. Florida has done everything right. F”ck NY, CA wanting federal bailouts for decades of failed policies. Unfortunately New Yorkers continue to flock to Florida..like cock roaches from a sinking ship..bringing their failed political beliefs with them. Florida will eventually turn Blue...huge shame. Same thing happening with the cock roaches fleeing California. Turning one great western states into junior versions of California

I think Cuomo is a dumb shit, but it's apples and oranges to compare Florida to NYC. They live on top of each other and rely heavy on public transport.
Doesn’t account for his disastrous nursing home policy..#killercuomo

I don’t think many conservatives were praising Cuomo - but liberals were/are wetting themselves over #killercuomo. Florida has done everything right. F”ck NY, CA wanting federal bailouts for decades of failed policies. Unfortunately New Yorkers continue to flock to Florida..like cock roaches from a sinking ship..bringing their failed political beliefs with them. Florida will eventually turn Blue...huge shame. Same thing happening with the cock roaches fleeing California. Turning one great western states into junior versions of California
HIEL HITLER THE NEW CULT YOUR A REAL AMERICAN ATTACKING OTHER AMERICANS. WHAT A GUY

Well desantis just fired the person who was the head of cov19 that made the whole system for state of fl. She just came out stated she was demoted and fired because the governor wanted her to manipulate the number. It's on TV in the paper. Folks I told you the cult will do anything that gives them power. By the way this ladies cov19 database was nationally recognize as one of the best. So again I say you check whatever the cults says and find out the truth which hurts their cause. Sad to say
giphy.gif

The Jewish community knows what I am saying. Do a little research and you may understand. Find out the rhetoric of Adolph on him becoming the leader of Germany at that time. Study and learn

The Jewish community knows what I am saying. Do a little research and you may understand. Find out the rhetoric of Adolph on him becoming the leader of Germany at that time. Study and learn
And the comparison is ludicrous and belittles the real atrocity. Anti-Semite. Try to keep your racist comments in the Lounge.

And the comparison is ludicrous and belittles the real atrocity. Anti-Semite. Try to keep your racist comments in the Lounge.
Yeah you racists comments.LOL.Did you study and learned yet about the rhetoric used by AH. When you find out let me know

Don’t forget that Florida has always been a well run state. Other than when northern Florida had an issue with southern Florida bringing in gambling many years ago, in the 50 years I have lived in Florida, I can recall very few conflicts between counties vs our state government in Tallahassee.

In addition, regardless of the popularity of our individual governors, we’ve always had sensible governors. We have had our state run well by both Democrat and Republican governors. Regardless of how much credit goes to DeSantis and his administration, good government in Florida is nothing new. Compared to most states, we have been always well-run both fiscally & civically.

Reactions: gdowning70
Don’t forget that Florida has always been a well run state. Other than when northern Florida had an issue with southern Florida bringing in gambling many years ago, in the 50 years I have lived in Florida, I can recall very few conflicts between counties vs our state government in Tallahassee.

In addition, regardless of the popularity of our individual governors, we’ve always had sensible governors. We have had our state run well by both Democrat and Republican governors. Regardless of how much credit goes to DeSantis and his administration, good government in Florida is nothing new. Compared to most states, we have been always well-run both fiscally & civically.

LIBERALS and their anti-white/anti-Jew/anti-American racist, neo-fascist, socialists POS (Ilhan Omar, Baraco Obamamo, Maxine Waters, Jeremiah Wright, BLM, the NOI, Rashidababa Talibaba whatever the fuk) are the closest thing to Nazism, neo-fascism, and anti-American political terrorism that America has bore witness to in the last 75 years.

And let's not get started with the DEMOCRATIC governors - with their draconian, over-reaching, constitutional right suppressing, executive orders. From that Queen Kunt Gretchen in Michigan to Involuntary Manslaughter Man Andrew Cuomo, to Blackface Boy in Virginia, and all the other worthless anti-American POS libtard governors, mayors, and local cucks --- businessmen and businesswomen across this country are going to be a driving force which says fuk you to neo-fascist liberals, fuk you to neo-fascist liberalism, and fuk you to the Democratic Party. Elon Musk hit the nail on the head - "take the red pill, not the blue pill".

The Democratic Party - the Party which is HOME to open borders, socialism, anti-white/anti-Jew/anti-America hating racists, free handouts to illegal immigrants, shitting on Constitutional rights, Illegal FISA court wire tapping, weaponizing intelligence agencies against political opponents, IRS spying, China dick tickling, fake conspiracy theories, over-regulation, absurd taxation, the POS liberal BITCH WHORE mainstream media, and last but not least, race, gender, and religious identity politics...

Liberals: neo-fascists without the douchey Hitler mustaches, black uniforms, and out-stretched arm salutes- but neo-fascist anti-Americans nonetheless.

Trump is going to drag his cock and balls across these low IQ, TDS suffering libtards en route to a 2020 victory, and I’m going to relish every minute of it.
I have yet anybody answer how did hilter become German Leader. Short history lesson and if you dont believe the answer go to history channel,history books,Google . Let Get started hilter started in the late 20's and early 30s to try to be leader of Germany and in those years there was a world depression you know we had one in the U.S right. Well Adolph rhetoric was the Jewish people were the cause of this in Germany and had owned many businesses in germany. So Adolph blamed the Jewish people that Germans didn't have jobs because the Jews had all the money and these people were evil, gypsie, and the downfall that Germany is not great. Germany lost WWI AND WW2 AND BLAME THE JEWS FOR ALL GERMANYS PROBLEMS SOUND FAMILIAR YOU KNOW THE MEXICANS ARE RAPISTS,MURDERS,ANIMALS AND BLAMED THEM FOR WHY AMERICA NEEDS TO BE GREAT AGAIN THE MEXICANS TAKE YOUR JOBS ALSO. WOW VERY SIMILAR PEOPLE AFTER THE ALLIES FORCES WENT TO CONCENTRATION CAMPS,THEY WENT AND GOT THE GERMAN CITIZENS TO COME TO CAMPS TO SHOW THEM WHAT HILTER HAD DONE. THE NEIGHERHOODS STATED THEY HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS HAPPENING PLEASE WHAT DID THE ALLIES FORCES DO THEY MADE THE CITIZENS DIG AND BURY THE JEWISH PEOPLE ONE MAN TURNED A COUNTRY AGAINST A CERTAIN GROUP OF PEOPLE TO GET HIS POWER. READ IT LOOK IT UP IF YOU THINK THIS IS BS IF YOU KNOW ANY JEWISH PEOPLE ASKED THEM ABOUT IT.WAKE UP AMERICA DONT FALL FOR THE HATERS

Keep dreaming, socialism does not work it only builds corrupt dictatorships. I guess you missed his motel drug party in the news.
Guess what you know fl has done such a great job cov19 it just came on the news that fl ONLY counted The residents of the state of florida who died of cov19 but not anyone else who was in the state of fl who died here during the virus was not counted at all. This is just The beginning of fl cov19 investigations in too make The numbers look good so they could open the state. The Lady that was fired that made the database i am sure shé has the info to Get baby trump before this is over

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT