ADVERTISEMENT

The State of Florida's COVID-19 Response Should be the Nation's Model

look i think we all know cuomo screwed up but again everyhing in new york was blowing up so fast and so many people were getting sick like the plague but i guess he thought by asking for more he would be covered if it got so out of control that nobody would be able to stop its growth which it did in the beginning people were dying because they didint have the proper equiptment there to treat them as far as that goes and the nurses and doctors were also getting infected because they didint have masks or gloves or hand sanitizers or not enough of anything you could say. and agan stop with the dems bs this has nothing to do with the dems this is on everybody period in the adminstration no excuses to not have been prepared for this as far as having proper stuff in place before hand in case it reached here and became a bad omen here in which case it did.

DeSantis may be playing games on reporting cases. And dudes is trying his best to advocate poll taxes. Who ever heard of having to pay speeding tickets to vote?!?

Any way - this belongs in lounge

I don’t think many conservatives were praising Cuomo - but liberals were/are wetting themselves over #killercuomo. Florida has done everything right. F”ck NY, CA wanting federal bailouts for decades of failed policies. Unfortunately New Yorkers continue to flock to Florida..like cock roaches from a sinking ship..bringing their failed political beliefs with them. Florida will eventually turn Blue...huge shame. Same thing happening with the cock roaches fleeing California. Turning one great western states into junior versions of California

There is hope! In Cali just a couple of weeks ago the Republican Party won a State seat that had been Democrat for the last 20 years. It could be signs of things to come. BTW that seats was in Los Angeles County.

CNN has created an excellent chart that brings great perspective to COVID-19's effects state by state. The chart provides not just the totals, but both infections & deaths per 100k of population. Florida's results are stunning. Despite being
1) the 3rd most populous state as well as
2) the 3rd largest in terms of elderly population, & having,
3) BY FAR, NOT EVEN CLOSE, the highest % of seniors among the most populated States,

FLA is only 32nd in terms of infections & 26th in terms of deaths when measured per capita.

This is astonishing! Some critics have called this luck. I say bullshit. We simply have better legislators in Florida, led by Governor Ron DeSantis, who governed far differently than Mr. Cuomo did in New York. While Cuomo ruled that no one could be denied re-admission or admission to a Nursing Home solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19, DeSantis did the opposite, protecting not only the vulnerable nursing home residents, but nursing home staff. He correctly isolated the most at risk Floridians, & prevented the elderly citizen carnage that happened in New York & other states. DeSantis received harsh criticism for allowing some counties to be treated differently than others, but it worked & is still working. And bravo to our Florida Mayors and County Officials as well. Your collective tactics have worked. All media criticisms now fall on deaf ears as the results speak for themselves. Unlike other states, our local & state officials not only cooperated fully, but praised & supported each other. Very different from states like PA, TX, Wisconsin, Illinois, & others. We had legislative unity here in Florida, and there was ZERO partisanship. Florida's response should be the model for the entire nation.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-us-maps-and-cases/
Can you imagine if Gillum had won?? Or STACIE Abrams in GA?? What a disaster that would have been. Or what if Hillary had won? There would have been no travel ban from China or Europe and the death count would be approaching 1million by now.

Reactions: advarkas and utatem
Can you imagine if Gillum had won?? Or STACIE Abrams in GA?? What a disaster that would have been. Or what if Hillary had won? There would have been no travel ban from China or Europe and the death count would be approaching 1million by now.
Likely 2M

Plus look at the difference of the douche bag DeSantis compared to the kindness and empathy of Cuomo...

Doubling down Bubba Wallace style I see.

Covid is breaking out in FL, TX, AZ, and CA even as temps heat up. Yet with not a shred of proof you still believe 100% that warmer temperatures matter with this novel virus.

You really are a window licking mongoloid.
You know where Covid isn't breaking out? Places that used common sense mitigation measures and waited until the summer weather kicked the reduction into high gear. Here in Maryland we peaked in late April well over a month after the lockdown went into effect. We then plateaued through early June when the warm weather arrived and have been in a steep and steady decline ever since.

Idiots like you are the reason the virus is spreading in the south. These states have all the natural advantages except that they are populated by complete morons. Studies have shown temps above 77 degrees and increased humidity can reduce transmission by up to 40%, this is not only true with Covid but the Flu and most other respiratory viruses. Unfortunately heat and humidity alone can't prevent transmission and if dumb asses are hanging out inside restaurants and bars or going inside retailers without masks there's nothing the heat and humidity can do. This is social darwinism at it's best.

I get it, you want to prove that you're king of the retards and that's cool but I think Trump's got that title on lockdown.

Last edited:
Doubling down Bubba Wallace style I see.

Covid is breaking out in FL, TX, AZ, and CA even as temps heat up. Yet with not a shred of proof you still believe 100% that warmer temperatures matter with this novel virus.

You really are a window licking mongoloid.
Spot on.

Guys, I can’t remember where exactly I read it, but I’m petty sure that some genius on here said that things would be opening up and be normal again by Easter. Wow, that was a great call, lol!

You know where Covid isn't breaking out? Places that used common sense mitigation measures and waited until the summer weather kicked the reduction into high gear. Here in Maryland we peaked in late April well over a month after the lockdown went into effect. We then plateaued through early June when the warm weather arrived and have been in a steep and steady decline ever since.

Idiots like you are the reason the virus is spreading in the south. These states have all the natural advantages except that they are populated by complete morons. Studies have shown temps above 77 degrees and increased humidity can reduce transmission by up to 40%, this is not only true with Covid but the Flu and most other respiratory viruses. Unfortunately heat and humidity alone can't prevent transmission and if dumb asses are hanging out inside restaurants and bars or going inside retailers without masks there's nothing the heat and humidity can do. This is social darwinism at it's best.

I get it, you want to prove that you're king of the retards and that's cool but I think Trump's got that title on lockdown.
I knew it, you’re both stupid and a libtard. News alert, no one gives a shit about Maryland. Enjoy living in a crime infested trash heap you raging POS.

And no, there are no studies about Covid and warm weather you massive moron. Covid isn’t the flu and it isn’t the cold you dumb****. It’s a completely different disease. You facking retart.

Reactions: majus12
I knew it, you’re both stupid and a libtard. News alert, no one gives a shit about Maryland. Enjoy living in a crime infested trash heap you raging POS.

And no, there are no studies about Covid and warm weather you massive moron. Covid isn’t the flu and it isn’t the cold you dumb****. It’s a completely different disease. You facking retart.
Florida Man everyone. Take a bow, though you're still 2nd place in the King of the Retard competition or as you say "retart".

Yes there are scientific studies. Yes doctors and epidemiologists agree with those studies. Yes Maryland has a Republican governor.

I know there is no fix for stupid but for your sake I sure hope they find one soon. Also whatever you do never, ever, ever, have children. Your genes need to die with you.

CNN has created an excellent chart that brings great perspective to COVID-19's effects state by state. The chart provides not just the totals, but both infections & deaths per 100k of population. Florida's results are stunning. Despite being
1) the 3rd most populous state as well as
2) the 3rd largest in terms of elderly population, & having,
3) BY FAR, NOT EVEN CLOSE, the highest % of seniors among the most populated States,

FLA is only 32nd in terms of infections & 26th in terms of deaths when measured per capita.

This is astonishing! Some critics have called this luck. I say bullshit. We simply have better legislators in Florida, led by Governor Ron DeSantis, who governed far differently than Mr. Cuomo did in New York. While Cuomo ruled that no one could be denied re-admission or admission to a Nursing Home solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19, DeSantis did the opposite, protecting not only the vulnerable nursing home residents, but nursing home staff. He correctly isolated the most at risk Floridians, & prevented the elderly citizen carnage that happened in New York & other states. DeSantis received harsh criticism for allowing some counties to be treated differently than others, but it worked & is still working. And bravo to our Florida Mayors and County Officials as well. Your collective tactics have worked. All media criticisms now fall on deaf ears as the results speak for themselves. Unlike other states, our local & state officials not only cooperated fully, but praised & supported each other. Very different from states like PA, TX, Wisconsin, Illinois, & others. We had legislative unity here in Florida, and there was ZERO partisanship. Florida's response should be the model for the entire nation.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-us-maps-and-cases/
Ouch! This post didn’t age well. Now Floridians have to quarantine if they go to NY. Still can’t and shouldn’t close everything down though.

Last edited:
Florida Man everyone. Take a bow, though you're still 2nd place in the King of the Retard competition or as you say "retart".

Yes there are scientific studies. Yes doctors and epidemiologists agree with those studies. Yes Maryland has a Republican governor.

I know there is no fix for stupid but for your sake I sure hope they find one soon. Also whatever you do never, ever, ever, have children. Your genes need to die with you.
There are no such studies you stupid little bitch. But you’re just gonna triple down aren’t you? Chug bleach retard.

There are no such studies you stupid little bitch. But you’re just gonna triple down aren’t you? Chug bleach retard.
There are studies, multiple studies, done in multiple countries. Researcher's have come to the clear conclusion that the virus is less stable and infectious at certain levels of heat and humidity. They also note in each of the studies that this is not enough to substantially slow the spread without mitigation measures.

I get it you can't read words with more than 7 letters but maybe you can get your GED tutor to help you out.

Reactions: SolarCane
There are studies, multiple studies, done in multiple countries. Researcher's have come to the clear conclusion that the virus is less stable and infectious at certain levels of heat and humidity. They also note in each of the studies that this is not enough to substantially slow the spread without mitigation measures.

I get it you can't read words with more than 7 letters but maybe you can get your GED tutor to help you out.
There aren’t any such studies. Point to ONE.

You don’t need an apostrophe in the word “researchers”, genius.

The only “study” in the articles you posted that even remotely supports your position is vague at best and dated early April, which is light years ago in terms of what is known about the virus. Since then, scientists have debated transmission mechanisms as well as even whether Covid is actually a vascular disease vs a respiratory disease. If anything Covid is spreading faster this summer than earlier this year. I know it’s hard for you, but try to keep up.

The only “study” in the articles you posted that even remotely supports your position is vague at best and dated early April, which is light years ago in terms of what is known about the virus. Since then, scientists have debated transmission mechanisms as well as even whether Covid is actually a vascular disease vs a respiratory disease. If anything Covid is spreading faster this summer than earlier this year. I know it’s hard for you, but try to keep up.
Wrong, go the GED tutor and then read the studies, all of which clearly conclude that temperature and humidity slow transmission. The virus is only spreading fast in areas where other mitigation measures are being ignored. We're talking about a limited number of states in the US and some third world countries across the world.

Reactions: SolarCane
Wrong, go the GED tutor and then read the studies, all of which clearly conclude that temperature and humidity slow transmission. The virus is only spreading fast in areas where other mitigation measures are being ignored. We're talking about a limited number of states in the US and some third world countries across the world.
You don’t reading comprehension much do you? It’s OK do your best to keep up.

This thread definitely didn't age well....as I said in this thread. Florida is the opposite of what this country and it's leadership should have been doing. Now we are all seeing why.

G E D

Stop posting until you’ve got one.

“You don’t reading comprehension much”... Seriously maybe have your dog proofread your next moronic reply.
You don’t message board lingo much either do you? Try to keep up.

Reactions: Raoul2
You are one of a kind stupid. One day there might be a fix for that but until then I'd hunker down in your mom's basement to avoid the embarrassment of being you.
^^^This is what happens when you can’t think of anything else to say hahahahaha!

^^^This is what happens when you can’t think of anything else to say hahahahaha!
Absolutely, I've met some dumb folks before but you take the cake. I am definitely at a loss for words. Every time I get an alert that you've replied again I see the title of this thread I laugh out loud.

Good thing is the studies clearly show the summer weather will continue to help those states who took the proper precautions while Trump county will suffer from their own stupidity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT