ADVERTISEMENT

This taking a knee during the National Anthem, can we put it on pause for 9/11

Same flag and National anthem , been there for a long time. This is all propaganda started by BLM to divide the country, for political purposes. Do not be controlled by divisive politics, do not be a pawn.

About what? I'm a very happy person, and love everyone, so you approve of the history of this country? If so then you're sick as fuk! You ask what country is better? Non...sense this world is ran by a system that is spreading like cancer.
I said it about 25 years ago to my father had an argument about our government.....but I do know in this country we are able to speak and have a opinion if we didn't do the things we did we would be speaking German so pipe down a little and if you don't think so then you better open your eyes.....I don't think everything is good here but not better anywhere else

Never have been a fan of not standing for the national anthem and/or burning the American flag. In fact, if I see others not standing or talking during the national anthem or even worse, burning our flag, it saddens and angers me to the core. No reason to ever disrespect the flag or this great nation. Are there issues in this country that need to be addressed? Absolutely, but I just don't agree with using this as a method of addressing these issues.

That wasn't directed at only you but I can tell your on the defensive because your allowing yourself to be worked up in this thread which is clearly not my intentions, so now would be a good time to simmer down. And I agree I dislike ignorance and I hate racism
I thought Krapernick was sitting for Police Brutality or did he add more items to the card, like racism?

And I hope you never have to give your condolences to a parent of a child who loses her son at the hands of someone who is suppose to protect him because someone mistakingly thinks he is posing a threat. Both are terrible situations so why is it OK to prioritize one over the other ?
One is a criminal and may be justified.

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Damn, I really wish we could keep politics where it belongs. Because I appreciate a lot of posters here, but their politics ruin everything. Just an honest response.

The first amendment wasn't put in place to protect the speech and protests that everyone agrees with. It was specifically put in place to protect speech and protests of those we don't agree with. It's okay to disagree with his position in this protest and it's okay if you hold the belief that he could win more hearts and minds to his cause if he handled it a different way. It's not okay to say that he shouldn't or that he's some how unAmerican for peacefully protesting in a way that he feels gets his point of view across.

Reactions: qbblizzy and m.dan
The first amendment wasn't put in place to protect the speech and protests that everyone agrees with. It was specifically put in place to protect speech and protests of those we don't agree with. It's okay to disagree with his position in this protest and it's okay if you hold the belief that he could win more hearts and minds to his cause if he handled it a different way. It's not okay to say that he shouldn't or that he's some how unAmerican for peacefully protesting in a way that he feels gets his point of view across.
You need to read the constitution and amendments to understand who and what those protections are from.

Of course not. There is a time and place for everything.

Like I said, you have a right to think that he'd do better for his cause if he handled this a different way. He thinks differently.

Jesus, dude, your avatar is disturbing. I couldn't quite place what was making me sick about it until I made it bigger.

Reactions: BreakingCane
This thread is mind numbing. The fact is that kneeling during the anthem does nothing to aid in the fight for racial equality if that is what we are referring to it as now. It is a random act that does nothing. Kaepernick is a celebrity and multimillionaire. Put your money where your mouth is big shot. Anyone can sit on a bench. How about next time there is an incident that you feel is unjust you reach into your pocket and go to the city, pay for a place to meet, and organize a civilized discussion, townhall style with community leaders and local authority figure to address the real issues that at times rear their ugly heads. How about you lead an effort to prevent black Americans from burning down their own neighborhoods in protest? How about donating time and money to local youth organizations?

Nah, that would require work and personal sacrifice. He ain't looking for all of that. He wants to sit for a minute and a half and be a social media justice warrior.
Actually he already pledge a million dollars to different organizations to help fight against police brutality. And he pledged the proceeds from his soaring jersey sales.to the cause.. so what were you saying again?

Reactions: qbblizzy
Actually he already pledge a million dollars to different organizations to help fight against police brutality. And he pledged the proceeds from his soaring jersey sales.to the cause.. so what were you saying again?
His $10k portion of sales?

His $10k portion of sales?
I don't know how much he gets from his jersey sales but that is on top of the million dollars that he's donating.. but i guess you just seem to leave that part out huh. I'll be sure to help him out and show my support buying one of his Jerseys too.

I don't know how much he gets from his jersey sales but that is on top of the million dollars that he's donating.. but i guess you just seem to leave that part out huh. I'll be sure to help him out and show my support buying one of his Jerseys too.
Leave what part out?

His right to peacefully take a knee...your right to like or not like him doing it!! Now, what's the spread for 2mor's game and is Miami gonna have enough bodies to field a team by the time the meat of the schedule rolls around? We don't need ANYMORE injuries..

Leave what part out?
I don't play games.. you tried to be funny by saying he's donating $10k in jersey proceeds which I doubt is factual but you seem to skip over the $1 MILLION part! All you'll are trying to tell a grown how he should protest and handle his business. Who the f*ck are you to tell this man to think you can tell this man what to do?? Do you not get the memo.. you mf's do not own us anymore hahaha.. keep doing your thing Kap.. you have a lot of brothers who have your back.

I said it about 25 years ago to my father had an argument about our government.....but I do know in this country we are able to speak and have a opinion if we didn't do the things we did we would be speaking German so pipe down a little and if you don't think so then you better open your eyes.....I don't think everything is good here but not better anywhere else
You're smoking some good shit if you think that! Don't be blind. There's nothing good about this country's history. Nothing but lies,lies and more lies. Even Ray Charles can see that! This country reminds me so much of Egypt. That too was build by slaves. You have no clue

You're smoking some good shit if you think that! Don't be blind. There's nothing good about this country's history. Nothing but lies,lies and more lies. Even Ray Charles can see that! This country reminds me so much of Egypt. That too was build by slaves. You have no clue
Sounds like you're just living a life of misery, living in the past and trying to rewrite history. Sounds like you're just mad at the concept of civilization. There is good and bad in all history, can't change it now.

I don't play games.. you tried to be funny by saying he's donating $10k in jersey proceeds which I doubt is factual but you seem to skip over the $1 MILLION part! All you'll are trying to tell a grown how he should protest and handle his business. Who the f*ck are you to tell this man to think you can tell this man what to do?? Do you not get the memo.. you mf's do not own us anymore hahaha.. keep doing your thing Kap.. you have a lot of brothers who have your back.
You assuming I'm white is hilarious.

maybe he should protest all the blacks killing each other in chicago? maybe he should protest all the deadbeat dads that don't take care of their kids in the inner city?

lmao@Bush let 9/11 happen. those nutjobs were in the US taking flight training well before Bush was in office.

work hard, stay out of trouble and anyone can achieve greatness in this country.

Lol at this thread. A lot of garbage here. Mods need to 86 this shit.
LOL cause it's not gonna change anyone on Canesport view in regard to what he's doing...whether you, me or anyone else like it or not, he has a right to peacefully protest...

Last edited:
Karma is a b!tch. What is Kaepernick's destiny?

He better keep his Muslim ass out of Reno. He went to college here and Northern Nevada is to the right of Attila the Hun politically. He is dating an extreme radical Muslim woman and has turned. These NFL jerks make their money in our capitalist system and are now refuting it. They are using the police as scapegoats for inner cities misery. The real problem is our Democratic leadership has kept the lower middle classes down to get more votes, which is why they want hundreds of thousands of immigrants to come to the USA. 85% of all middle eastern immigrants go on food stamps and welfare and are more votes for the Democrats. What is needed to help inner city poor black Americans is to bring jobs by providing corporations with tax incentives to build factories there. Violence is not done by people with high self-esteem. Bring them jobs and the inner cities will become whole again. If you need an example of why welfare is not the answer, just review what we did to the self-sufficient American Indians when we rounded them up and put them on reservations.

Sounds like you're just living a life of misery, living in the past and trying to rewrite history. Sounds like you're just mad at the concept of civilization. There is good and bad in all history, can't change it now.
No, just left to clean up the mess White Supremacy made. I do alot in the black community, and I see the struggle...it's real.

Reactions: BreakingCane
I respect your opinion , however consider this:
So why is it about race all of a sudden?? I You don't see Jewish people protesting the anti Semitic BS that still exists, racists ALWAYS include them as well. The made something of themselves, and moved on.
Can' change history, so why bring it up over and over again. We get it, it was a different time. We have a black president, and ironically instead of creating better relationships under his administration it's become worse, this comes from a white guy raised by a black moma.Ionically Kapernick was mixed and raised by white parents.
Yes stand up for rights, however don't disrespect the flag, it's represents our country, simply find anther way
Just my opinion

Sir I respect your opinion also and I appreciate your mature response. Here is my answer. Comparing the plight of Jews in America is not the same as the plight of Americans of African decent. Here is why. Jews were oppressed in Germany. Their oppressors were sought out chased down and prosecuted. I admittedly understand that they have been discriminated against here in America, but they were never enslaved and their are not regions of this country that have been littered with trees that serve as their places of execution. I served in Nuremburg and Augsburg Germany. I didn't see anything their that reference their oppression other than concentration camps that have been turned into museums. They don't drive on to Fort Hitler like I drive onto Fort Jackson. They don't have a Herman Goering Drive like I have to drive on Nathan Forrest drive to get on post to serve this country. They don't have a Ross Barnett highway etc.

My point is your illusion that racism is in the past is just that an illusion. To believe that the disproportionate amount of African Americans being killed by police is not an racial issue in my opinion is naïve. I promise you sir that not one Jewish person in the world would stand for an anthem that reference the inhumane way that the Germans treated the Jews regardless of what verse the reference was contained in. The difference is the Nazi party was bought to justice for the inhumane way that they treated Jews because the lost the war. Nobody was bought to justice for the sins perpetrated against African Americans; instead the opposite happened. Symbols of the oppressors remained in place and was written off as being heritage. I challenge you to drive anywhere in Germany and find a Swastika flying over a capital building or on someone's car. You won't. The Nazi party has been completely eradicated out of their society. Not true in our society. Fort Lee, Fort Jackson, are examples of how this country take the opposite approach,

Reactions: Illwill_2 and m.dan
Sir I respect your opinion also and I appreciate your mature response. Here is my answer. Comparing the plight of Jews in America is not the same as the plight of Americans of African decent. Here is why. Jews were oppressed in Germany. Their oppressors were sought out chased down and prosecuted. I admittedly understand that they have been discriminated against here in America, but they were never enslaved and their are not regions of this country that have been littered with trees that serve as their places of execution. I served in Nuremburg and Augsburg Germany. I didn't see anything their that reference their oppression other than concentration camps that have been turned into museums. They don't drive on to Fort Hitler like I drive onto Fort Jackson. They don't have a Herman Goering Drive like I have to drive on Nathan Forrest drive to get on post to serve this country. They don't have a Ross Barnett highway etc.

My point is your illusion that racism is in the past is just that an illusion. To believe that the disproportionate amount of African Americans being killed by police is not an racial issue in my opinion is naïve. I promise you sir that not one Jewish person in the world would stand for an anthem that reference the inhumane way that the Germans treated the Jews regardless of what verse the reference was contained in. The difference is the Nazi party was bought to justice for the inhumane way that they treated Jews because the lost the war. Nobody was bought to justice for the sins perpetrated against African Americans; instead the opposite happened. Symbols of the oppressors remained in place and was written off as being heritage. I challenge you to drive anywhere in Germany and find a Swastika flying over a capital building or on someone's car. You won't. The Nazi party has been completely eradicated out of their society. Not true in our society. Fort Lee, Fort Jackson, are examples of how this country take the opposite approach,

You might have a more balanced opinion if you were a cop in the inner cities. Get to know a few and learn what they has to deal with every day. The key to solving the police problem and the plight of the inner city blacks and hispanics that live there is to provide tax incentives to businesses to bring jobs......Then violence will slowly, over time, go away and the lack of violence on the part of blacks and cops will disappear as well. The real problem is that 80% of our political leaders are lawyers. We need more businessmen in politics as we have a free enterprise system and the average lawyer knows nothing about meeting a payroll. I have always found it strange that our personal freedom comes from the free enterprise capitalistic system; yet, lawyers who don't understand it, try to run it. Instead, as lawyers, they keep making more and more rules, as that is what they know how to do best. It is freaking insane....Obama exemplifies this problem and if I were a black American, I would be very pissed at him for not doing anything to help inner cities get jobs and rebuild their neighborhoods.

Police brutality? What about all of the police officers who
were ambushed by these lunatic racists?
As far as Kaperprick, he should take his muslim girlfriend and
GTFO of our country.
You know why he kneels? The sob is probably praying so he don't
get his ass............fill it in.
This is the USA, and he should honor/ respect our flag.

It's amazing some of the BS that's posted in here! Not racist at all but love how whites (non blacks) want to tell blacks when enough is enough! Shannon Sharpe has had one of the best responses to this whole situation! But of course you'll have to have an open mind to comprehend!
Go Canes!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT