ADVERTISEMENT

Where are The people who said this was The flu

PHILCANE

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Record national daily positive rates 46,000, WEAR A MASK THE VIRUS DOESNT CARE IF YOUR A DEM OR A REPUBLICAN OR A INDEPENDENT OR A OLD OR YOUNG AMERICAN. AND MORE YOUNGER PEOPLE DIE LESS BUT CAN GIVE IT TO THEIR MOM,DAD,OR GRAND PARENTS.THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU ITS ABOUT EVERYONE

Please take it to the Lounge. Gary made that clear a few weeks ago. I agree with your sentiment, but please take it over there.

Record national daily positive rates 46,000, WEAR A MASK THE VIRUS DOESNT CARE IF YOUR A DEM OR A REPUBLICAN OR A INDEPENDENT OR A OLD OR YOUNG AMERICAN. AND MORE YOUNGER PEOPLE DIE LESS BUT CAN GIVE IT TO THEIR MOM,DAD,OR GRAND PARENTS.THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU ITS ABOUT EVERYONE
Oh no you didn’t. o_O

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
Oh when it was only the northeast affected everyone was chirping and cackling like a bunch of hens... now it’s in there neighborhood like I told them it would be and they gone

It's NOT in my neighborhood...

Unless you are ELDERLY with UNDERLYING HEALTH ISSUES...

Sadly, FLU kills at a HIGHER RATE for those UNDER 60... particularly 25...

But you are WELCOME to PROVE me wrong.

This is HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS...

People will CATCH IT ..

And MOVE ON...

If you OVER-REACT to THIS...

What happens when something TRULY DEADLY comes down the pike...

Your REACTION...

Is EXACTLY what the Chinese WANTED...

They are in NY, one is the Mayor of the big Apple, the other the Governor.

Reactions: CanesLife
I don’t understand how people cannot understand this concept.....each day, more and more people are getting tested. Of course the numbers of cases will go up. How can we not understand this? Lol. There are probably 10s of thousands of cases that have gone un-notices because they were not tested. Increased testing has to increase cases mathematically. Can we not look at the fatality/hospitalization rate instead? Those numbers are drastically dropping.

I don’t understand how people cannot understand this concept.....each day, more and more people are getting tested. Of course the numbers of cases will go up. How can we not understand this? Lol. There are probably 10s of thousands of cases that have gone un-notices because they were not tested. Increased testing has to increase cases mathematically. Can we not look at the fatality/hospitalization rate instead? Those numbers are drastically dropping.
You're spoiling the narrative GoCanes20...

Lounge Karen

Positivity rate is outpacing testing.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/corona...html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Florida isn’t sharing the hospitalization data

The FIU data shows clear and concerning hospitalization trends are emerging in South Florida:

• South Florida hospitalizations for COVID-19 are now eclipsing the peaks reached in mid-April. Miami-Dade on Wednesday had 981 people hospitalized with the virus, surpassing an April 17 peak of 787. Broward County had 391 COVID patients in hospitals, nearing its peak of 413 on April 7. Palm Beach County, with 394 people hospitalized with the virus, has far exceeded a peak of 245 cases on April 20.

The flu kills about 500-650k a year worldwide

this has killed about 500k since about November of 2019. It has infected an approximate 20-35 million people just in the US (based upon sample projections). CDC reports about 80+k have died of Covid. This would mean it has a mortality rate of about .1 to .3% which is slightly higher than flu, which has a vaccine.

Now we can talk about the lockdown that did occur in many places nationwide. Was it effective? Many would argue no. It was bad in that it prevented ill people from seeking treatment for cancer, heart disease, diabetes, drug and alcohol abuse, etc. it has also led to a dramatic increase in mental illness, especially amongst children.

there will be spikes here and there for the foreseeable future. Simply put we will just have to deal with it until enough have had it to get herd immunity or there is a suitable vaccine. States will have to be flexible in how they are handling this and will have to make adjustments as we go. Though I can’t see anyone locking down again.

The FIU data shows clear and concerning hospitalization trends are emerging in South Florida:

• South Florida hospitalizations for COVID-19 are now eclipsing the peaks reached in mid-April. Miami-Dade on Wednesday had 981 people hospitalized with the virus, surpassing an April 17 peak of 787. Broward County had 391 COVID patients in hospitals, nearing its peak of 413 on April 7. Palm Beach County, with 394 people hospitalized with the virus, has far exceeded a peak of 245 cases on April 20.
It will be difficult, it will be challenging, the medical professionals will persevere, and it will pass...

The flu kills about 500-650k a year worldwide

this has killed about 500k since about November of 2019. It has infected an approximate 20-35 million people just in the US (based upon sample projections). CDC reports about 80+k have died of Covid. This would mean it has a mortality rate of about .1 to .3% which is slightly higher than flu, which has a vaccine.

Now we can talk about the lockdown that did occur in many places nationwide. Was it effective? Many would argue no. It was negatively effective in preventing ill people from seeking treatment for cancer, heart disease, diabetes, drug and alcohol abuse, etc. it has also led to a dramatic increase in mental illness, especially amongst children.

there will be spikes here and there for the foreseeable future. Simply put we will just have to deal with it until enough have had it to get herd immunity or there is a suitable vaccine. States will have to be flexible in how they are handling this and will have to make adjustments as we go. Though I can’t see anyone locking down again.
Very well said...

For one your great president, said that it was just a little bitty flu

Sadly, FLU kills at a HIGHER RATE for those UNDER 60... particularly 25...

But you are WELCOME to PROVE me wrong.

This is HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS...

People will CATCH IT ..

And MOVE ON...

If you OVER-REACT to THIS...

What happens when something TRULY DEADLY comes down the pike...

Your REACTION...

Is EXACTLY what the Chinese WANTED...

It really is true, the Chinese must be sitting
back, rubbing their hands together, saying:
"mission accomplished"

It really is true, the Chinese must be sitting
back, rubbing their hands together, saying:
"mission accomplished"

And curling their MUSTACHES..

They aren't playing CHESS...

They are playing MAHJONG...

The WORLD DOMINATION version...

A GAME that they play to WIN...

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure if we tested people for the FLU like were doing for GOV-Did-19 we would see a lot more cases of the FLU. The China Virus is being used a weapon to destroy our economy! They got us good! #ScamDemic

Their on tv everyday saying we have nothing to worry about. Watch all these guys defend them right up until the football season is cancelled/or they lose a loved one and then the light will come on, well maybe.

Their on tv everyday saying we have nothing to worry about. Watch all these guys defend them right up until the football season is cancelled/or they lose a loved one and then the light will come on, well maybe.
Hey Zach...we have nothing to worry about.

If I lost a friend to the FLU...

Should I expect society to SHUT DOWN in response???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT