ADVERTISEMENT

Where are The people who said this was The flu

well I think if you put yourself in China's shoes and Trump pulls our scientists out in 2019 as part of escalating the trade war negotiations and is now in the news locked into a PR battle to control narrative of who is to blame for this new virus, I think you'd probably be very skeptical about letting them come back in too. None the less, theres no argument that China has to be taken to task for the global spread of Covid. But we don't vote in China we vote here and have to hold our leaders to a much much higher standard.

Was that the only place he's been to in the last couple of weeks? Funny when people post pictures of thousands upon thousands of protesters with no masks packed in like sardines and then we are told that there is little connection to them spreading the virus.

Being outdoors vs being indoors is hugely significant with covid transmission. It is pretty tough to get it outdoors.

Reactions: Raoul2
Also wish the man the best and hope for a full recovery. Politics is politics but I don't want to see anyone infected and truly wish this whole thing would in fact just magically disappear.

Reactions: PHILCANE
Being outdoors vs being indoors is hugely significant with covid transmission. It is pretty tough to get it outdoors.
So why are they closing beaches and will we be able to sit in the stands for a Miami game this year? We have differences in opinion but you are not a stupid person. Are you telling me that the way that protesters were stacked on top of each other and screaming for hours on end spraying their droplets everywhere had no affect on the numbers? Feel free to disagree but I just don't see it especially when the numbers magically spiked after the protests.

Reactions: bearguys
Pleaseee...

That's NOT happening THIS go-around...

And EVERYBODY knows it ..

The FIRST time around...the ELDERLY filled the HOSPITALS...

And AMERICA wasn't PREPARED...

THIS TIME...it's the KIDS getting Corona...

Will be RARE cases of death and MUCH MUCH LESS hospitalization needed...

And EVERYONE is ready NOW....

Right NOW...the ANXIETY of COVID-19 simply exacerbates ANY symptoms that people now possess...

Zach...ALL this is at the end of the day is a VERY CONTAGIOUS virus that preys on the OLD and those with SERIOUS UNDERLYING HEALTH ISSUES...

And the MAJORITY of the deaths required BOTH....Advanced AGE AND Health issues

Zach... don't you GET it???

Your REACTION is EXACTLY what the Chinese WANTED...

If Americans are going to OVER-REACT to Covid...

What happens when a TRULY DEADLY TO ALL AGES virus comes through??
Was that the only place he's been to in the last couple of weeks? Funny when people post pictures of thousands upon thousands of protesters with no masks packed in like sardines and then we are told that there is little connection to them spreading the virus.
I saw alot of protestors with mask, but wait you watch Fox and anything on that station you saw is not fake news

I saw alot of protestors with mask, but wait you watch Fox and anything on that station you saw is not fake news
I don't watch Fox but have seen plenty of pictures of mostly maskless animals protesting all over the internet. Funny that you conveniently skip over those pictures. Amazing that all of the spikes are coming after the anarchists took to the streets.

So why are they closing beaches and will we be able to sit in the stands for a Miami game this year? We have differences in opinion but you are not a stupid person. Are you telling me that the way that protesters were stacked on top of each other and screaming for hours on end spraying their droplets everywhere had no affect on the numbers? Feel free to disagree but I just don't see it especially when the numbers magically spiked after the protests.

This is honestly one of the most difficult aspects of effective public policy and why novel viruses elicit such alarm- we don't really know the answer to many of your questions and ultimately policies have to be made based on best guesses given available knowledge. Usually the move is to be risk averse because if you guess wrong its a catastrophe. I would say that based on the available case studies and research done in Japan on the movement of the viral particles in air, the beach is not a significant concern for covid spread. The protesters in some cities were shoulder to shoulder based on images I saw , but mostly were not packed in like sardines in many places. In those places packed in like sardines, I would expect there to be some transmissions occurring. The football games are a non starter for the foreseeable future because there are a million ways of spreading just to get to the seats and while using bathroom etc. Events that attract crowds or create potential for groups of 30-40+ people to end up in the same general vicinity in an enclosed or semi enclosed space are what causes a community's infection rate to explode out of control. Authorities in most areas can handle a slow and steady trickle of cases but the strain of having to surge and suddenly go from 5-10 people in a hospital in some town to 50 or 60 showing up in one weekend, that is when people start dying because they run out of staff / beds/ whatever.

I truly understand that this crap is really frustrating for people and that it often comes off like a bunch of made up hocus pocus. That is in large part what happens with new viruses and I am a strong advocate for the public health officials and politicians being more clear and transparent wit the population about just how uncertain they are about things. Often times they opt for projecting confidence and being sure because they think that they'll look weak if not, but that is more harmful overall at getting the public to buy in and pull together.

This is honestly one of the most difficult aspects of effective public policy and why novel viruses elicit such alarm- we don't really know the answer to many of your questions and ultimately policies have to be made based on best guesses given available knowledge. Usually the move is to be risk averse because if you guess wrong its a catastrophe. I would say that based on the available case studies and research done in Japan on the movement of the viral particles in air, the beach is not a significant concern for covid spread. The protesters in some cities were shoulder to shoulder based on images I saw , but mostly were not packed in like sardines in many places. In those places packed in like sardines, I would expect there to be some transmissions occurring. The football games are a non starter for the foreseeable future because there are a million ways of spreading just to get to the seats and while using bathroom etc. Events that attract crowds or create potential for groups of 30-40+ people to end up in the same general vicinity in an enclosed or semi enclosed space are what causes a community's infection rate to explode out of control. Authorities in most areas can handle a slow and steady trickle of cases but the strain of having to surge and suddenly go from 5-10 people in a hospital in some town to 50 or 60 showing up in one weekend, that is when people start dying because they run out of staff / beds/ whatever.

I truly understand that this crap is really frustrating for people and that it often comes off like a bunch of made up hocus pocus. That is in large part what happens with new viruses and I am a strong advocate for the public health officials and politicians being more clear and transparent wit the population about just how uncertain they are about things. Often times they opt for projecting confidence and being sure because they think that they'll look weak if not, but that is more harmful overall at getting the public to buy in and pull together.
Very fair. I unfortunately agree about the football games. As you know by now I would have no problem going to a game but the authorities in charge have to way the liability risks involved for all involved, including stadium workers. At this point I just don't see allowing fans to attend. Of course, that all depends on if we even have a season. I can only hope that we make some great strides before the start or even towards the end of the season to allow us to go watch a game this year.

I am NOT a REP, man...

Actually come from family of Chicago DEMS

BOTH SIDES make me SICK right now...

I am NOT a TRUMPER...

But BIDEN IMO is even SCARIER...

GOD BLESS AMERICA:cool:

Reactions: 801canesmxer
Man I completely understand but I'm starting to worry about you. How many people live in FL ? 33 million. How many hospital beds do we have state wide ?? 70.000 How many are full right now ?? Your turn to answer a very simple question and not just listen to your party. Let us know when you have the answer please.
If they are at 90% , its because they opened up for surgeries. That's how hospitals make money. Texas 95% capacity, 25% covid.

If they are at 90% , its because they opened up for surgeries. That's how hospitals make money. Texas 95% capacity, 25% covid.

True but If we overwhelm the system we will not be able to care for the ones that are in desperate need right ?

So why not have the Army Corp of Engineers build temporal hospitals in Texas and wherever needed for the covid overflow as was done in NYC?
Texas has a few ports too. Maybe we can send in the Navy hospital ships so no one can use them there just like in NY.

Reactions: krvanness
Texas has a few ports too. Maybe we can send in the Navy hospital ships so no one can use them there just like in NY.
So true. If there was truly an issue with hospitals being overwhelmed would there not at least be discussions and/or requests from Governors of the affected States to put the wheels in motion for this solution?

Reactions: 801canesmxer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT