ADVERTISEMENT

Where are The people who said this was The flu

Do you practice being this wrong or are you just a natural about it? Proof is in the pudding in the posts I've made over the years so you can believe what you want to. I've never said that Trump hasn't made mistakes so there's that. If we are OK to call out leaders for the job they've done then that means that I can say that Cuomo failed miserably when he funded a solar project with hundreds of millions of dollars of his citizens hard earned money instead of replenishing his states supply of PPE's when he was told to do so in 2015. I wonder how much of that windfall made it back into some Dems campaign accounts? BTW, I don't live in Fl so he's not my Governor.
I guess you do care about politics. I never mentioned Trump and I never mentioned anything about your political affiliation. Open your eyes, the world is not out to get trump. It’s not about him, It’s not about Dems and it’s not about Reps, it’s about us as a country, united behind science and facts. Being able to give praise to leaders who do a good job, regardless of political affiliation. Open your eyes before all that hate that you have for anyone who is a Dem eats away at your sense of reason, it seems like it might be too late for you, but I hope not.

Reactions: zackbear
Yes...

I respect my fellow Americans' INTELLIGENCE by not filling their heads with the COVID-19 IS THE BLACK PLAGUE vitriol that you subject them to...

Your REACTION is EXACTLY what the Chinese WANTED....

My reaction is pretty simple and that is lets not overwhelm our healthcare system and put fellow Americans in danger.

Reactions: Raoul2
You can have either 1 cookie right now or 10,000 cookies in 90 days. What do you choose?
Japan: 90 days, 10,000 cookies.
Canada: Same.
EU: Same.

US: Just give me the ****ing cookie, asshole, and no I'm not wearing a ****ing mask either.

I am a republican and have never voted for Cuomo, but I am not blind. NY was the hardest hit state early on in the pandemic, especially NYC with a population of over 8 million people. So yes the virus spread quickly in NYC and overwhelmed the state. Yes, Cuomo made mistakes in the beginning but he must also be given credit for what he has done. He kept NYS informed every step of the way, shut down the state, and reopened by following the CDC guidelines. Now NY has one of the lowest level of COVID- 19 cases in the state. While Florida is where NY was at months ago. I am simply giving credit where credit is due. As a republican I can appreciate a leader who makes decisions based on science and facts. Maybe you should follow a simple rule, just because you voted for someone doesn't mean you have to like everything they do And just because you didn’t vote for someone doesn’t mean you have to dislike everything they do. Anyone who votes for someone based solely on political party is closed minded. Maybe you should broaden your horizon and stop spreading trump talking points. Ask your governor to give Cuomo a call, he can tell him how to get this pandemic under control so we can have CANES Football in 2020.

So based on what your saying President Trump

obviously you, “Give a shit”, Because you took the time to post a lengthy reply. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. That was not my intention. I was trying to explain that it’s ok to call out our leaders when they don’t handle things in a satisfactory manner, just like it’s ok to praise them when they do a good job. The choice is not binary. Good luck with your Governor, he has been doing such a great job that your beaches are closing down.

I guess you do care about politics. I never mentioned Trump and I never mentioned anything about your political affiliation. Open your eyes, the world is not out to get trump. It’s not about him, It’s not about Dems and it’s not about Reps, it’s about us as a country, united behind science and facts. Being able to give praise to leaders who do a good job, regardless of political affiliation. Open your eyes before all that hate that you have for anyone who is a Dem eats away at your sense of reason, it seems like it might be too late for you, but I hope not.
I'm so very sorry about the early onset of Alzheimer's that you're having. :( Kind of hard to deny that you mentioned Trump and said I should have my Gov call Cuomo by thinking that I lived in Fl, and implying I'm a Pub, when it's right there in your posts. I never mentioned Trump until you said it's ok to call out our leaders and so I then proceeded to say that Trump has made mistakes. I also never said I hated every Dem, just the arrogant, stupid ones who think they know how someone else feels and thinks even when reality and posting history's prove them wrong. All is not lost though as I hear they've made some great strides in improving memory in those with your affliction.

Reactions: majus12
My reaction is pretty simple and that is lets not overwhelm our healthcare system and put fellow Americans in danger.

Pleaseee...

That's NOT happening THIS go-around...

And EVERYBODY knows it ..

The FIRST time around...the ELDERLY filled the HOSPITALS...

And AMERICA wasn't PREPARED...

THIS TIME...it's the KIDS getting Corona...

Will be RARE cases of death and MUCH MUCH LESS hospitalization needed...

And EVERYONE is ready NOW....

Right NOW...the ANXIETY of COVID-19 simply exacerbates ANY symptoms that people now possess...

Zach...ALL this is at the end of the day is a VERY CONTAGIOUS virus that preys on the OLD and those with SERIOUS UNDERLYING HEALTH ISSUES...

And the MAJORITY of the deaths required BOTH....Advanced AGE AND Health issues

Zach... don't you GET it???

Your REACTION is EXACTLY what the Chinese WANTED...

If Americans are going to OVER-REACT to Covid...

What happens when a TRULY DEADLY TO ALL AGES virus comes through??

You mean the Governor of New York, who followed the CDC guidelines for reopening, and now NY has one of the lowest levels of positive Covid-19 cases in the country, even though we are testing more people. How is your governor doing in Florida? Maybe if your governor followed the federal guidelines for reopening the states, you know the CDC guidelines, Florida wouldn’t be in this mess with 10,000 cases a day. Because governors around the country, especially in the south refused to follow guidelines we are in danger of not having a college football season. God knows we need college football to get our minds off of this pandemic.
#KILLERCUOMO

Pleaseee...

Right NOW...the ANXIETY of COVID-19 simply exacerbates ANY symptoms that people now possess...

Zach...ALL this is at the end of the day is a VERY CONTAGIOUS virus that preys on the OLD and those with SERIOUS UNDERLYING HEALTH ISSUES...

1/2 the American fatalities were elderly in retirement homes. Imagine that! People who had a high likelihood of dying from a multitude of other issues and we all now know just how accurate the cdc numbers actually are. The numbers are bullsh-t in my opinion which has been even backed up cdc admitting they screwed up the numbers. Yet here are dingbats slinging their bullsh-t!!!

1/2 the American fatalities were elderly in retirement homes. Imagine that! People who had a high likelihood of dying from a multitude of other issues and we all now know just how accurate the cdc numbers actually are. The numbers are bullsh-t in my opinion which has been even backed up cdc admitting they screwed up the numbers. Yet here are dingbats slinging their bullsh-t!!!

Cash...

Just had to get a new place so we could move in my 92 year old mother-in-law...

Tough as nails Chicago gal...

Her words for COVID-19...

"The CULLING of the HERD"

And you would have to SEDATE her to get her to wear a mask...

And when I asked her if I should wear one around HER...for HER SAFETY...

She says...what are you? A P@$$Y...

GOD BLESS AMERICA...:cool:

I'm so very sorry about the early onset of Alzheimer's that you're having. :( Kind of hard to deny that you mentioned Trump and said I should have my Gov call Cuomo by thinking that I lived in Fl, and implying I'm a Pub, when it's right there in your posts. I never mentioned Trump until you said it's ok to call out our leaders and so I then proceeded to say that Trump has made mistakes. I also never said I hated every Dem, just the arrogant, stupid ones who think they know how someone else feels and thinks even when reality and posting history's prove them wrong. All is not lost though as I hear they've made some great strides in improving memory in those with your affliction.
LMAO, I guess the meth your smoking down there is affecting your brain. I never mentioned trump in my previous posts. I must have hit a soar spot. Please just listen to the scientist, don’t listen to me or your governor

This is what happens when you don’t listen to the scientists when dealing with a pandemic.

LMAO, I guess the meth your smoking down there is affecting your brain. I never mentioned trump in my previous posts. I must have hit a soar spot. Please just listen to the scientist, don’t listen to me or your governor
I guess you are just too dense to notice that I just showed your posts where you mentioned Trump for the rest of the board to see as well. Kind of hard to still be lying about it when the truth is in black and white words on Canesport. Holy shit this is embarrassing and it's starting to feel like I'm picking on the special needs kid at school at this point.

Pleaseee...

Man I completely understand but I'm starting to worry about you. How many people live in FL ? 33 million. How many hospital beds do we have state wide ?? 70.000 How many are full right now ?? Your turn to answer a very simple question and not just listen to your party. Let us know when you have the answer please.

Man I completely understand but I'm starting to worry about you. How many people live in FL ? 33 million. How many hospital beds do we have state wide ?? 70.000 How many are full right now ?? Your turn to answer a very simple question and not just listen to your party. Let us know when you have the answer please.

And if the SAME FOLKS that got symptoms TODAY had gotten those SAME symptoms ONE YEAR AGO...

Instead of going to the HOSPITAL...

They would have gone to the PHARMACY...

But you guys have played the FEAR CARD now...

And MOST people will believe ANYTHING they hear and read...

So people are FREAKED...

Over a virus that is LESS DEADLY to those UNDER 60 than the FLU..

PARANOIA will DESTROYA...

You HAPPY???

Playing RIGHT into China's HANDS...

Reactions: 4210 and krvanness
I guess you are just too dense to notice that I just showed your posts where you mentioned Trump for the rest of the board to see as well. Kind of hard to still be lying about it when the truth is in black and white words on Canesport. Holy shit this is embarrassing and it's starting to feel like I'm picking on the special needs kid at school at this point.
It’s obvious I hit a nerve. I am a republican who did not vote for Cuomo but voted for trump in 2016. What I am saying as a New Yorker , is that Cuomo has done an excellent job handling the pandemic, not perfect but excellent. All I want is for everyone, especially down in the south to wear masks and follow what the scientists are saying. We may live in different states but we are one country, we are all in this together. As long as we continue to have governors who do not follow the CDC guidelines for reopening states we will continue to have this problem where states are opening up then having to close back up because the spread of Covid. Many states, democratic and republican have had to pause reopening a or even close down again. That is not good for the economy. Covid 19 affects all of us regardless of political affiliation. LISTEN TO THE SCIENTIST AND DOCTORS, wear masks, social distance and keep our country and it’s citizens safe.

It’s obvious I hit a nerve. I am a republican who did not vote for Cuomo but voted for trump in 2016. What I am saying as a New Yorker , is that Cuomo has done an excellent job handling the pandemic, not perfect but excellent. All I want is for everyone, especially down in the south to wear masks and follow what the scientists are saying. We may live in different states but we are one country, we are all in this together. As long as we continue to have governors who do not follow the CDC guidelines for reopening states we will continue to have this problem where states are opening up then having to close back up because the spread of Covid. Many states, democratic and republican have had to pause reopening a or even close down again. That is not good for the economy. Covid 19 affects all of us regardless of political affiliation. LISTEN TO THE SCIENTIST AND DOCTORS, wear masks, social distance and keep our country and it’s citizens safe.
The only nerve you hit is the one that controls your memory of posting about Trump, which you did twice before I responded. What I'm saying as an American is that Cuomo screwed the pooch and if you want to call 32,000 deaths excellent that is your choice but we have two different views of excellence. Congrats for having one fourth of the deaths in the US. You can go ahead and where your mask all you want to for a virus that is not much more deadly than the flu as is your right but I will go about my business as usual just like with any other virus. Less than .5% will die from Covid and 90% of those will be old and with underlying conditions. I'll take my chances thank you.

Reactions: utatem

LOL you just proved how stupid you are. The population of FL is 21.5 million.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flo.....69i57j0l8.2498j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

There are ~60k Adult hospital beds and 23% are currently open, no change from 2 months ago. There are ~6k ICU Adult hospital beds and 20% are currently open, no change from 2 months ago.

https://bi.ahca.myflorida.com/t/ABI...link&:isGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&:embed=y

I would try to explain to you how normal hospital capacity is around 90%+ and even higher (95%+) during flu season but the fact that you can be off on such an easy fact of FL population by 10 million people proves it would be futile.

The only nerve you hit is the one that controls your memory of posting about Trump, which you did twice before I responded. What I'm saying as an American is that Cuomo screwed the pooch and if you want to call 32,000 deaths excellent that is your choice but we have two different views of excellence. Congrats for having one fourth of the deaths in the US. You can go ahead and where your mask all you want to for a virus that is not much more deadly than the flu as is your right but I will go about my business as usual just like with any other virus. Less than .5% will die from Covid and 90% of those will be old and with underlying conditions. I'll take my chances thank you.
WOW, I thought we could agree that we should be taking pandemic advice from scientist and doctors. I made a mistake, I apologize, I thought I was talking to a smart reasonable person. You comparing this to the flu tells me you ate too much lead paint as a child. Tell me when in the last 80 years has the country been shut down because of the Flu? Covid-19 is a pandemic, the CDC , the World health organization and health experts around the world says so. I have not heard any scientist say that covid-19 is like the flu. You must be getting your information from politicians and talk show hosts. Good luck with that.

WOW, I thought we could agree that we should be taking pandemic advice from scientist and doctors. I made a mistake, I apologize, I thought I was talking to a smart reasonable person. You comparing this to the flu tells me you ate too much lead paint as a child. Tell me when in the last 80 years has the country been shut down because of the Flu? Covid-19 is a pandemic, the CDC , the World health organization and health experts around the world says so. I have not heard any scientist say that covid-19 is like the flu. You must be getting your information from politicians and talk show hosts. Good luck with that.
lmao...experts. Stay under your bed pal...

Cash...

Just had to get a new place so we could move in my 92 year old mother-in-law...

Tough as nails Chicago gal...

Her words for COVID-19...

"The CULLING of the HERD"

And you would have to SEDATE her to get her to wear a mask...

And when I asked her if I should wear one around HER...for HER SAFETY...

She says...what are you? A P@$$Y...

GOD BLESS AMERICA...:cool:
Lmfao bless her & keep her safe. She’s tougher than half these vag’s in here.

Reactions: 801canesmxer
You're right COVID is not like the flu especially for those that are younger, where the death rate is much lower for them than with the flu. When this is said and done the mortality rate will be less than .5% which is much closer to the flu than it is to the Bubonic Plague that some of you are still trying to compare it to. Go ahead and hide from germs if you want to but the only thing you will do is lessen your immune system. Do any of your fancy scientists have anything to say about herd immunity or are there only some scientists that you listen to? I understand why you are so scared after the abortion of a job that Cuomo did to you guys there but have some faith that the rest of the states are not going to be so negligent in their decisions.

You're right COVID is not like the flu especially for those that are younger, where the death rate is much lower for them than with the flu. When this is said and done the mortality rate will be less than .5% which is much closer to the flu than it is to the Bubonic Plague that some of you are still trying to compare it to. Go ahead and hide from germs if you want to but the only thing you will do is lessen your immune system. Do any of your fancy scientists have anything to say about herd immunity or are there only some scientists that you listen to? I understand why you are so scared after the abortion of a job that Cuomo did to you guys there but have some faith that the rest of the states are not going to be so negligent in their decisions.
My bad, I didn’t know you were an epidemiologist, thanks for the info, Doctor Canesmixer.

And if the SAME FOLKS that got symptoms TODAY had gotten those SAME symptoms ONE YEAR AGO...

Instead of going to the HOSPITAL...

They would have gone to the PHARMACY...

But you guys have played the FEAR CARD now...

And MOST people will believe ANYTHING they hear and read...

So people are FREAKED...

Over a virus that is LESS DEADLY to those UNDER 60 than the FLU..

PARANOIA will DESTROYA...

You HAPPY???

Playing RIGHT into China's HANDS...

You keep saying you guys ? I'm guessing you are one of these got your panties in a wad all the freaking time about people not treating trumpy bear the right way. If trumpy bear has to spend this much time defending himself and you have to spend this much time defending him hmmm, smoke and fire maybe.Keep yourself safe and enjoy your paranoid craziness.

LOL you just proved how stupid you are. The population of FL is 21.5 million.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flo.....69i57j0l8.2498j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

There are ~60k Adult hospital beds and 23% are currently open, no change from 2 months ago. There are ~6k ICU Adult hospital beds and 20% are currently open, no change from 2 months ago.

https://bi.ahca.myflorida.com/t/ABICC/views/Public/HospitalBedsCounty?:showAppBanner=false&:display_count=n&:showVizHome=n&:eek:rigin=viz_share_link&:isGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&:embed=y

I would try to explain to you how normal hospital capacity is around 90%+ and even higher (95%+) during flu season but the fact that you can be off on such an easy fact of FL population by 10 million people proves it would be futile.

You roll with your fake facts and enjoy we work in the field as my wife is a doctor.I never share news facts with guys but only real facts.You listen to whom you please as that is what this thread is about.I will say it again. you guys stay safe.

PS. 21.8 are full-time residents, do not forget all of the part time residents. For the record when you are adding up totals you need to add all numbers to be accurate, little math lesson for you.

Last thing man what is with all the name calling ?

Last edited:
You keep saying you guys ? I'm guessing you are one of these got your panties in a wad all the freaking time about people not treating trumpy bear the right way. If trumpy bear has to spend this much time defending himself and you have to spend this much time defending him hmmm, smoke and fire maybe.Keep yourself safe and enjoy your paranoid craziness.

NOT a TRUMP guy...
Definitely NOT a Biden guy...

No Horse in THIS race...

Reactions: zachedup
You roll with your fake facts and enjoy we work in the field as my wife is a doctor.I never share news facts with guys but only real facts.You listen to whom you please as that is what this thread is about.I will say it again. you guys stay safe.

PS. 21.8 are full-time residents, do not forget all of the part time residents. For the record when you are adding up totals you need to add all numbers to be accurate, little math lesson for you.

Last thing man what is with all the name calling ?

I apologize for calling you stupid, that was dumb of me.

So you're telling me Florida has 12 million part time residents and out of those part-time residents only 2,653 have had a positive case? The Department of Health literally breaks out cases by resident vs non-resident. If your math is correct we have had ~150k positive cases for ~21m residents and only 2,653 for ~12m "non-residents". Your math doesn't add up.

Feel free to fact check me as well:

https://floridadisaster.org/globalassets/covid19/dailies/state_reports_20200630.pdf

What exactly are the fake facts I presented? I'm anxiously waiting to hear them so I can learn more.

Reactions: bearguys
There is a whole lot of grey area and room for debate about whats the right thing to do now. The situation is not as serious as it was in march and april, in spite of the increased infections, because we know 10,000% more about the virus now, have an incredible tool in our belt with remdesivir, and have vastly improved testing speed/accuracy/availability. We still are not doing enough currently and in particular the failure to take some steps that are simple and should not be controversial is difficult to swallow (MORE testing, MORE tracing, MANDATORY masks). Doing those 3 things would stimulate the economy while smartly combating the virus spread.

But when it comes to judging the overall response to Covid, there is absolutely no argument what so ever: the US response was a catastrophic and historic failure and once we are through this we need to make absolutely certain it never happens again.

So you're telling me Florida has 12 million part time residents and out of those part-time residents only 2,653 have had a positive case? The Department of Health literally breaks out cases by resident vs non-resident. If your math is correct we have had ~150k positive cases for ~21m residents and only 2,653 for ~12m "non-residents". Your math doesn't add up.

https://floridadisaster.org/globalassets/covid19/dailies/state_reports_20200630.pdf

What exactly are the fake facts I presented? I'm anxiously waiting to hear them so I can learn more.

There is a whole lot of grey area and room for debate about whats the right thing to do now. The situation is not as serious as it was in march and april, in spite of the increased infections, because we know 10,000% more about the virus now, have an incredible tool in our belt with remdesivir, and have vastly improved testing speed/accuracy/availability. We still are not doing enough currently and in particular the failure to take some steps that are simple and should not be controversial is difficult to swallow (MORE testing, MORE tracing, MANDATORY masks). Doing those 3 things would stimulate the economy while smartly combating the virus spread.

But when it comes to judging the overall response to Covid, there is absolutely no argument what so ever: the US response was a catastrophic and historic failure and once we are through this we need to make absolutely certain it never happens again.
Which part about the response? The travel ban or moving old infected people into retirement homes to infect more older people?

Reactions: 801canesmxer

I can only tell you there are an estimated 33 million people in FL and maybe the numbers change with the seasons and I'm sure your not considering illegals. Remember the articles you are posting are probably based on census info and we know that is inaccurate especially in FL and always low. Done with this and again hope you stay safe.

GO FREAKING CANES !!!

I can only tell you there are an estimated 33 million people in FL and maybe the numbers change with the seasons and I'm sure your not considering illegals. Remember the articles you are posting are probably based on census info and we know that is inaccurate especially in FL and always low. Done with this and again hope you stay safe.

GO FREAKING CANES !!!
The last census says 21.5 million. I looked it up the other day because I was responding to CD's nonsense.

Reactions: zachedup

GO FREAKING CANES !!!

They’re not articles. It’s the official daily report from the state of FL which you clearly didn’t read so you can stay blissfully unaware of how ill-informed you are.

I’m glad you can “tell me” 33m is the population when you clearly have no evidence to back up your claim while I’ve provided plenty of state sponsored reporting which has refuted every single claim you’ve made.

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
They’re not articles. It’s the official daily report from the state of FL which you clearly didn’t read so you can stay blissfully unaware of how ill-informed you are.

I’m glad you can “tell me” 33m is the population when you clearly have no evidence to back up your claim while I’ve provided plenty of state sponsored reporting which has refuted every single claim you’ve made.

You go boy

or girl

or whatever

see ya

Which part about the response? The travel ban or moving old infected people into retirement homes to infect more older people?

In all seriousness, almost every aspect of the response has been a degree of failure ranging from simple missed opportunities to inexcusable catastrophic failures. The depth of the failure is frankly difficult to swallow given how devastating the loss of life and economic loss has occurred. We are in a hyper partisan state right now in our country so there is an understandable instinct that I expect a lot of people will have to reject this as nonsense, but it's important that people put their American patriotism above party instincts and look into it with as open a mind as possible and help make sure that this kind of catastrophe never again endangers us.

I could literally write 500 pages explaining in great detail all of the ways in which this was a failure, but obviously can only provide some brief broad strokes here. In short, there's a "mystique" that surrounds America and it is often thought that America has achieved a level of national greatness/ability beyond anything ever achieved in history. As it turns out, there's more than just American cockiness and good PR behind that mystique, much of that mystique is well-earned and a result of the unique ability to innovate and problem solve that is created by a large nation with open markets and strong democratic institutions. This pandemic happening here is so shocking and difficult to believe because of how extremely capable America typically is at making sure they don't. After 9/11 we all know George W Bush became obsessed with national security, but what is not really known or talked about much is that by 2005 he'd become convinced that a pandemic was the next great threat to our national security. He was so convinced of it that he made it a priority for his second term and spearheaded a comprehensive multi-agency effort to research and develop the infrastructure necessary to guard against a domestic disease epidemic. He spent billions of dollars, ran hundreds of hours of meetings, strategy discussions, and simulations, and ultimately created the most advanced biomedical defense capabilities the world has ever dreamed of. Designed with the understanding of how essential stopping a virus early is and aimed at rapidly detection of the emergence of a virus anywhere in the world followed by rapid deployment of American expertise and military-aided logistics proficiency to wherever a virus may be emerging and stamp it out very early on and before it ever reaches a point of spreading domestically in the US. It includes robust super computer AI dedicated to spotting the early warnings signs, permanent postings of investigators in every region of the world for immediate on the ground follow up of any AI warnings, and escalates rapidly from there. It was used several times with Ebola, SARS, and other scenarios we probably all remember being in the news but ultimately were just "scares." They were just scares because like a lot of things we do when we are as committed as bush admin was, the defense strategy worked. Trump dismantled all of it. All. Of. It. So in many ways, our failure happened before covid-19 ever even emerged. Thats covers a broad sketch of the most upsetting failures from the early prevention stages.

I'll finish with this one fact-based comparison that is easily verifiable for anyone who doubts it: The United States and South Korea each had their first positive tested case of Covid-19 on the same exact date in January. Since that date, the United States lost over 4% of GDP in Q1 and 2.75 million infected and 125k or so deaths. South Korea, as of TODAY, had a 1.5% GDP shrink and a grand total of 13,000 infected and around 300 deaths. Let those numbers fully sink in. South Korea used the Bush administration playbook. We did not.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, almost every aspect of the response has been a degree of failure ranging from simple missed opportunities to inexcusable catastrophic failures. The depth of the failure is frankly difficult to swallow given how devastating the loss of life and economic loss has occurred. We are in a hyper partisan state right now in our country so there is an understandable instinct that I expect a lot of people will have to reject this as nonsense, but it's important that people put their American patriotism above party instincts and look into it with as open a mind as possible and help make sure that this kind of catastrophe never again endangers us.

I could literally write 500 pages explaining in great detail all of the ways in which this was a failure, but obviously can only provide some brief broad strokes here. In short, there's a "mystique" that surrounds America and it is often thought that America has achieved a level of national greatness/ability beyond anything ever achieved in history. As it turns out, there's more than just American cockiness and good PR behind that mystique, much of that mystique is well-earned and a result of the unique ability to innovate and problem solve that is created by a large nation with open markets and strong democratic institutions. This pandemic happening here is so shocking and difficult to believe because of how extremely capable America typically is at making sure they don't. After 9/11 we all know George W Bush became obsessed with national security, but what is not really known or talked about much is that by 2005 he'd become convinced that a pandemic was the next great threat to our national security. He was so convinced of it that he made it a priority for his second term and spearheaded a comprehensive multi-agency effort to research and develop the infrastructure necessary to guard against a domestic disease epidemic. He spent billions of dollars, ran hundreds of hours of meetings, strategy discussions, and simulations, and ultimately created the most advanced biomedical defense capabilities the world has ever dreamed of. Designed with the understanding of how essential stopping a virus early is and aimed at rapidly detection of the emergence of a virus anywhere in the world followed by rapid deployment of American expertise and military-aided logistics proficiency to wherever a virus may be emerging and stamp it out very early on and before it ever reaches a point of spreading domestically in the US. It includes robust super computer AI dedicated to spotting the early warnings signs, permanent postings of investigators in every region of the world for immediate on the ground follow up of any AI warnings, and escalates rapidly from there. It was used several times with Ebola, SARS, and other scenarios we probably all remember being in the news but ultimately were just "scares." They were just scares because like a lot of things we do when we are as committed as bush admin was, the defense strategy worked. Trump dismantled all of it. All. Of. It. So in many ways, our failure happened before covid-19 ever even emerged. Thats covers a broad sketch of the most upsetting failures from the early prevention stages.

I'll finish with this one fact-based comparison that is easily verifiable for anyone who doubts it: The United States and South Korea each had their first positive tested case of Covid-19 on the same exact date in January. Since that date, the United States lost over 4% of GDP in Q1 and 2.75 million infected and 125k or so deaths. South Korea, as of TODAY, had a 1.5% GDP shrink and a grand total of 13,000 infected and around 300 deaths. Let those numbers fully sink in. South Korea used the Bush administration playbook. We did not.
Two things you're missing in here. South Korea's culture us vastly different than ours. They wear masks as a courtesy if they think there's even a remote possibility they're sick. Add into the equation their population is a fraction of ours and their border security is extremely tight. Less moving parts so to speak. Also easier for their intelligence people to gather better information.

The whole Wet Market, cane from a bat, story was a crock of sh-t and hiid think China would've come up with a better story than that. The WHO was complicit in providing false info allowing time for the virus to spread. This was economic warfare in my opinion and by the way that opinion is shared by many people in Washington DC. This was their way of crippling the US economy, which was kicking their ass and removing the economic leverage they had over us for so long. Plus if they could use its effects to hamper or hurt Trumps re-election chances than it was two fold. Plenty of evidence and motivation for the chinese.

Two things you're missing in here. South Korea's culture us vastly different than ours. They wear masks as a courtesy if they think there's even a remote possibility they're sick. Add into the equation their population is a fraction of ours and their border security is extremely tight. Less moving parts so to speak. Also easier for their intelligence people to gather better information.

The whole Wet Market, cane from a bat, story was a crock of sh-t and hiid think China would've come up with a better story than that. The WHO was complicit in providing false info allowing time for the virus to spread. This was economic warfare in my opinion and by the way that opinion is shared by many people in Washington DC. This was their way of crippling the US economy, which was kicking their ass and removing the economic leverage they had over us for so long. Plus if they could use its effects to hamper or hurt Trumps re-election chances than it was two fold. Plenty of evidence and motivation for the chinese.

S Korea definitely has some advantages that we don't, but on the whole it is very difficult to argue they are better able to prevent a pandemic. We literally have the most advanced biomedical research capacity in the history of the world combined with the most advanced global logistics capacity in the history of the world in the form of the US Military. And many times we used that capacity to take the lead in Asia at suppressing an emerging pathogen. It was a sophisticated early warning system that we turned off because of gross and inexcusable incompetence. We cannot as a nation back away from that or we will condemn ourselves to suffering from it again. And yes the CCP has to be held to account for their behavior that put the world at risk to help protect their own image. But if you're saying they started this as a way of crippling our economy that's not a credible argument. They cannot win a war of attrition with us and thats what this has turned into. What they did do IMO is begin to seek whatever advantage they could from asymmetric understanding of the epidemic in the early stages once they realized the catastrophic harm they were going to have to endure as a result of their own incompetence.

S Korea definitely has some advantages that we don't, but on the whole it is very difficult to argue they are better able to prevent a pandemic. We literally have the most advanced biomedical research capacity in the history of the world combined with the most advanced global logistics capacity in the history of the world in the form of the US Military. And many times we used that capacity to take the lead in Asia at suppressing an emerging pathogen. It was a sophisticated early warning system that we turned off because of gross and inexcusable incompetence. We cannot as a nation back away from that or we will condemn ourselves to suffering from it again. And yes the CCP has to be held to account for their behavior that put the world at risk to help protect their own image. But if you're saying they started this as a way of crippling our economy that's not a credible argument. They cannot win a war of attrition with us and thats what this has turned into. What they did do IMO is begin to seek whatever advantage they could from asymmetric understanding of the epidemic in the early stages once they realized the catastrophic harm they were going to have to endure as a result of their own incompetence.
I don’t think their intentions were for it to spread in China first. I believe that was either a mistake or sabotage. There’s also plenty of evidence the virus was in the United States in late October, not late December, early January as what’s believed. My wife, son & parents all being some of the evidence. All tested negative for the flu & were diagnosed with severe upper respiratory virus. They have not went for anti-body testing yet. This theory also makes sense with why the Chinese refused to allow our scientist in to assist. We would’ve seen or probably stumbled upon Intel implicating them in something much broader.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT