ADVERTISEMENT

1st .50% rate hike in.............an interesting article by CNN

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
22 years. That's the first time the FED raised rates by 1/2% in 22 years is all anyone needs to know just how bad this inflation truly is.
They will start shrinking their balance sheet in June. That is the VOODOO ECONOMICS where our own Federal Reserve buys our OWN DEBT.
We saw that after the Real Estate meltdown 2008-09.

As crazy as that is the FED statement was even more alarming. They basically signaled 1/2% hikes going forward a few more times this year.
Then we have this article by CNN that the FED wants the stock market to drop or cool off.

All part of a much too late economy "cooling off" period. This will of course include and impact Real Estate going forward.
Problem is the damage can not be fully UNDONE.

If you are in power now DEMOCRATS this is the worst news for you as I expect ( you should too) that you will be replaced in the next election or 2.
PEOPLE VOTE WITH THEIR POCKETS!!

22 years. That's the first time the FED raised rates by 1/2% in 22 years is all anyone needs to know just how bad this inflation truly is.
They will start shrinking their balance sheet in June. That is the VOODOO ECONOMICS where our own Federal Reserve buys our OWN DEBT.
We saw that after the Real Estate meltdown 2008-09.

As crazy as that is the FED statement was even more alarming. They basically signaled 1/2% hikes going forward a few more times this year.
Then we have this article by CNN that the FED wants the stock market to drop or cool off.

All part of a much too late economy "cooling off" period. This will of course include and impact Real Estate going forward.
Problem is the damage can not be fully UNDONE.

If you are in power now DEMOCRATS this is the worst news for you as I expect ( you should too) that you will be replaced in the next election or 2.
PEOPLE VOTE WITH THEIR POCKETS!!
Now CNN is your news' source?

Reactions: miamimike
What are you on the DO YOU BELIEVE train this morning?
Cuz that's what you and others do all the time. Blame MSM for all the ills of this country. Look in the mirror. You elect a corrupt person to be president and expect him to behave. You got what you deserved, 4 years of pure hell for this country.

Reactions: miamimike
Many financial observers feel the huge gain yesterday was because analysts don't feel the Fed is going to be tough enough, not too tough. Fed has painted itself into a very tight corner.

Reactions: dolcane
Cuz that's what you and others do all the time. Blame MSM for all the ills of this country. Look in the mirror. You elect a corrupt person to be president and expect him to behave. You got what you deserved, 4 years of pure hell for this country.
Bro it's been 16 months since your boy has been in there. How we looking?
Not too good as 81% of those polled say America is on the wrong track.
That ain't too good

Reactions: NO.SHORECANE
Many financial observers feel the huge gain yesterday was because analysts don't feel the Fed is going to be tough enough, not too tough. Fed has painted itself into a very tight corner.
They signaled .50% rate hikes for rest of the year.

I just saw an interview with Sam Zell, a true financial genius. He thinks the problem is still too much liquidity. He doesn't understand why the Fed is STILL buying securities. He said the Fed used to be apolitical but no longer, hence Powell calling inflation transitory, a Democrat talking point. That was just before he was reappointed.

Reactions: HJCane and grbcane
Inflation is and always will be caused by Monetary policy, see Milton Freeman
The money supply M2 money in the system has historically grown year over year by 6 %.
This was keeping inflation at the 2-3% target.
During the SCAM that was covid they increased the growth of M2 by like 30%
now the growth has come down to 8%.
So if the GDP grows by 2% , and they stick with the current stance
9-10% inflation for at least 3 years
I would direct all to Scott Grannis his blog will make you aware

Cems, have you adjusted the types of investments you have?

And the republican's would have done what. Lets not talk about corrupt Presidents PLEASE. Do we all have your heads in the sand. Did nothing for 4 years but give a tax break for the top 1%. I was in a low income bracket and he raised my taxes. DA

Seniors (who vote in large numbers) are getting destroyed by the one, two punch.

1. Seeing no decent options for fixed instruments like CD's and bonds, they were forced to hold equities which are now getting killed.

2. Inflation is eating their buying power in a big way.

Plenty of blame to go around here. The Fed, going back to the Obama years, collapsed interest rates which caused a bubble in equities and housing. Holding cash and bonds paid nothing.

Normal monetary policy has been wildly distorted for 15 years.
Does your question have anything to do with Trump being a POS?
You're not going to believe this, but I read where Trump is the cause of UM's poor linebacker play. Amazing!

And the republican's would have done what. Lets not talk about corrupt Presidents PLEASE. Do we all have your heads in the sand. Did nothing for 4 years but give a tax break for the top 1%. I was in a low income bracket and he raised my taxes. DA
WRONG 75% of the tax cut went to the lowest 2/5th earners.
Most pay in nothing other then payroll tax. Get all of the withheld $$ back.
With that said the UNI party has to go !! They are all on the take.
Trump was not the end all be all . But they were certainly trigger by what he may have done to the system w 4 more years.

Wrong

Inflation is and always will be caused by Monetary policy, see Milton Freeman
The money supply M2 money in the system has historically grown year over year by 6 %.
This was keeping inflation at the 2-3% target.
During the SCAM that was covid they increased the growth of M2 by like 30%
now the growth has come down to 8%.
So if the GDP grows by 2% , and they stick with the current stance
9-10% inflation for at least 3 years
I would direct all to Scott Grannis his blog will make you aware
This is exactly what I have been saying and posted a chart to @miamimike but he wants to talk about Europe.

We ALL voted NO to the 2 trillion in extra wasteful spending. Not 1 Republican voted for that. The facts on tax breaks are well known. The middle class saw the greatest reduction in taxes.

Stick this in your pipe and smoke it. Then get a new CPA

Seniors (who vote in large numbers) are getting destroyed by the one, two punch.

1. Seeing no decent options for fixed instruments like CD's and bonds, they were forced to hold equities which are now getting killed.

Plenty of blame to go around here. The Fed, going back to the Obama years, collapsed interest rates which caused a bubble in equities and housing. Holding cash and bonds paid nothing.

You're not going to believe this, but I read where Trump is the cause of UM's poor linebacker play. Amazing!
Another dumb post from a Trump supporter.

Typical comment from a far lefty. Dismiss the premise while Offering ZERO intelligent
discourse.

I'll bet you're one of the few polled that thinks Biden is doing a great job with the economy. Even CNN is ditching Bidenomics.

Typical comment from a far lefty. Dismiss the premise while Offering ZERO intelligent
discourse.

I'll bet you're one of the few polled that thinks Biden is doing a great job with the economy. Even CNN is ditching Bidenomics.
Talking to yourself is not good.

LOL...LOL
LOL...LOL

• Haha
Reactions: HJCane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT