ADVERTISEMENT

Actually I will give Trump this one too if it is true.....

If the aid is approved, I hope there are no "attachments" added on by Congress so particular group(s) don't become recepients. This happens quite often. If the aid is approved it should go to those who need it most.
Case in point. about 10-12 yrs ago, Michelle Bachman, a senator from Minnesota was a recipient of Farm Aid. She didn't need it. She was and still is wealthy. Not sure if she is still a state senator.

Reactions: cdwright40
People whine about welfare but farmers are some of the hardest working people on the planet. If they need government assistance I don't mind one bit if my money goes there.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-to-provide-dollar12-billion-in-aid-to-farmers-critics-cry-‘welfare’/ar-AAAmNJN?ocid=ientp

My only problem with this is the trade war.
Soy bean farmers are getting a raw deal. China has placed high tariffs which makes it difficult to keep operating costs at a minimum.

Reactions: cdwright40
People whine about welfare but farmers are some of the hardest working people on the planet. If they need government assistance I don't mind one bit if my money goes there.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-to-provide-dollar12-billion-in-aid-to-farmers-critics-cry-‘welfare’/ar-AAAmNJN?ocid=ientp

My only problem with this is the trade war.
The balancing of trade is so important for this country, for anyone and any gadget that desires to be sold outside the US market. Let Ross and Perdue do their work quietly while Trump pounds the issue publicly. The Repubs need to stfu and stop undermining the administration on this one.

The 12B short term bailout put all other countries on notice that we are taking this fight to its bitter end. This is absolutely necessary, for workers and employers of both parties.

WTF cares on this site. I dont!
We care. You don't have to if you don't want to but a lot of people are passionate about what is going on in this country and the world.This is why the Lounge was created.

Soy bean farmers are getting a raw deal. China has placed high tariffs which makes it difficult to keep operating costs at a minimum.

Not to mention that soy bean prices are half of what they were in 3-4-5 yrs ago, so not only are the Chinese hurting farmers with their tariffs (the answer to ours), but the price drop over that timeframe kills them at market.

I take this situation similarly to when Pres Obama bailed out the auto industry. I supported that and I support a farm bill.

Reactions: GLFSTRM
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT