ADVERTISEMENT

Cems I hope you and the family are ok! Parkland took a hit tonight

All good. Just trying to get my thoughts around what happened to our quiet city. My son attended Douglas some years ago. It's scary when you think in one day you could lose it all. I pray for the families affected.
Can't imagine how it would be to actually have a kid in the school as this horror show played out. Thankfully you did't have to go through that yesterday. Stay safe my friend.....

Reactions: PalmaBoy
Can't imagine how it would be to actually have a kid in the school as this horror show played out. Thankfully you did't have to go through that yesterday. Stay safe my friend.....
A friend of mine had a family friend who actually wound up being one of the victims. The parents didn’t find out til 4am. They spent all night trying to figUre out her status and no one knew anything. People were posting on FB that she was in surgery but the cops and hospital had no record of her. I can’t imagine how painful that must have been. Losing your daughter is awful enough but the 12-13 hours of unknown must have made it just that much worse. I still am in shock that this could happen at Douglas of all places.....I remember in high school some kids made a rap video as a joke “Parkland, where it’s safe after dark man”. If you’re not safe in Parkland, you really aren’t safe anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT