ADVERTISEMENT

Considering being a New York Jets fan....

cdwright40

SuperCane
Aug 14, 2007
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...dbye-to-jets-over-anthem-policy-announcement/

I have been a Miami Dolphin fan literally my entire life. I will need to hear their position on this topic. I will consider switching to the Jets.

This is an owner that understands the meaning of a peaceful protest and free speech. It isn't amended to what you agree with. I covers all.

He has decided to pay all the fines for any NYJ that wishes to exercise this right. This is bigger than football to me. It is bigger than sports. You do NOT have a democracy if you are trying to determine what people can do with their rights. Certain rights are fine and others aren't? That's not a democracy..

The NBA has it right. The NFL? A hot mess. Trump? A POS. Implying people shouldn't live here if they dont agree with him. Too bad.

Lol....I’m shocked.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...dbye-to-jets-over-anthem-policy-announcement/

I have been a Miami Dolphin fan literally my entire life. I will need to hear their position on this topic. I will consider switching to the Jets.

This is an owner that understands the meaning of a peaceful protest and free speech. It isn't amended to what you agree with. I covers all.

He has decided to pay all the fines for any NYJ that wishes to exercise this right. This is bigger than football to me. It is bigger than sports. You do NOT have a democracy if you are trying to determine what people can do with their rights. Certain rights are fine and others aren't? That's not a democracy..

The NBA has it right. The NFL? A hot mess. Trump? A POS. Implying people shouldn't live here if they dont agree with him. Too bad.

What you don’t seem to grasp is they are employees, it is not a democracy issue, you’re a bit confused on this one. My employer can demand I have no visible tattoos, if they want, I can still get them, but I’ll have to work for someone else.

What you don’t seem to grasp is they are employees, it is not a democracy issue, you’re a bit confused on this one. My employer can demand I have no visible tattoos, if they want, I can still get them, but I’ll have to work for someone else.
Yup. Its called grasping the difference between rights versus privileges. Owners make decisions based on what the majority of fans want to see and put up with......that is their right and its the essence behind democracy!! Not making up rights that dont exist.

Last edited:
Breaking news out of Tallahassee. "The FSU administration has decided to allow their football players to be on the field during the Anthem and will encourage those players that want to kneel to do so."

Well that sucks. I guess Warchant's gain is Canesport's loss.....lol.

Last edited:

didnt-read.gif

Good Lord I hope that’s true!

Of course I will tell you, last year our team stayed seated for the half time singing of God Bless America by the Army Vet at the ACCCG so who are we to talk.

Breaking news out of Tallahassee. "The FSU administration has decided to allow their players to be on the field during the anthem and encourages those players that want to kneel to do so."

Well that sucks. I guess Warchant's gain is Canesport's loss.....lol.

Reactions: bobbie jo
Good Lord I hope that’s true!

Of course I will tell you, last year our team stayed seated for the half time singing of God Bless America by the Army Vet at the ACCCG so who are we to talk.
In protest? God Bless America is not supposed to be treated like the Anthem and its not considered unpatriotic not stand for that song.

Last edited:
Nope but it irritated the pssssss out of me.
Still, its universally not considered unpatriotic not to stand for God Bless America so I would never say that "UM is not one to talk." The symbolism between the two are very different and many even feel that standing for GBA waters down the importance of standing for the Anthem.

Last edited:
I understand the difference, agree with your comments, but it truly irritated me to no end.

Still, its universally not considered unpatriotic not to stand for God Bless America so I would never say that "UM is not one to talk." The symbolism between the two are very different.

Reactions: Strack_Cane
Wright,,,if you have been a Dolphins fan your entire miserable life, you just don't become a fan of the Stinkin Jets....Also, don't ever call my (our) President a POS again...You POS! Rotten bastard!
It's my opinion he is a POS and you don't get to tell me what to say reguarding it.

Last edited:
I grasp it pefectly well. It's stupid and i don't agree with it. It is the most unamerican thing I have ever seen.

An employee is not a slave in this country. Country comes before that nonsense. Time to peacefully protest and get your beliefs out there.

Wright,,,if you have been a Dolphins fan your entire miserable life, you just don't become a fan of the Stinkin Jets....Also, don't ever call my (our) President a POS again...You POS! Rotten bastard!

Miguel. CD and I have an agreement. We don't get under each other's skin. It's worked for 3 years. We always disagree. Let's just have fun up in here.

No he isn't. He is yours. I have zero respect for him. He will be exposed for the jerk wad he is soon enough.
Nope no matter what race baiter racist CD he is your President. President Trump is the president of the United States. If you do not like it leave . Lol he is destroying you leftover far left communist and all can not handle it lol.

CD is a product of the environment he grew up in. The Northeast, and liberals there in, want you to believe in utopia but believe me when I say, it will be segregated by not only color but by classes. It’s an amazing contradiction that somehow gets ignored.

Nope no matter what race baiter racist CD he is your President. President Trump is the president of the United States. If you do not like it leave . Lol he is destroying you leftover far left communist and all can not handle it lol.

Bingo!! This is it exactly, and this is what people supporting these protests don't understand. When these players are wearing their uniforms and on the field they are employees at their workplace. They are engaging in behavior while on the clock that is having a negative impact on the business they work for. That is not OK, and they should be disciplined with fines, suspensions, or termination just like the rest of us would be if we participating in behavior that was having a negative impact on our employers and the company we work for.

They absolutely have the right to protest, but on their time, not their employers. I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

There are also those who say that it's all just about the bottom line for the NFL. You're damn right it is, and these dumbasses that are being paid millions to play should be concerned about the bottom line as well since that is where their money comes from. Don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Last edited:
Not that there is anything wrong with the name but did you have a problem when Obama was called a Muslim and worse?

Reactions: cdwright40
Not that there is anything wrong with the name but did you have a problem when Obama was called a Muslim and worse?
Nope...they are hypocrites. They want to drag Obama and when their POS president gets dragged they want to act all tough about it. Screw 'em. I call it like I see it. If Obama had a team taking illegal meetings with Russians on a quid pro quo basis then would whining and bitching until the end of time.

Bingo!! This is it exactly, and this is what people supporting these protests don't understand. When these players are wearing their uniforms and on the field they are employees at their workplace. They are engaging in behavior while on the clock that is having a negative impact on the business they work for. That is not OK, and they should be disciplined with fines, suspensions, or termination just like the rest of us would be if we participating in behavior that was having a negative impact on our employers and the company we work for.

They absolutely have the right to protest, but on their time, not their employers. I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

There are also those who say that it's all just about the bottom line for the NFL. You're damn right it is, and these dumbasses that are being paid millions to play should be concerned about the bottom line as well since that is where their money comes from. Don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
We do understand it. We just don't give a shit...just like the players don't give a shit. Do you honestly believe a person being murdered unfairly with no charges is less important than a damn uniform? That is what YOU don't understand. We value ourselves as employees but more importantly US Citizens. It doesn't mean we are anyone's slave. If you are an employee, you are making an employer a sh't ton of money. Learn your own value as an employee. These people don't work at popeyes. They are professionals. Only a few hundred people in the world can do what they can do. There is value in that you apparently just don't understand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT