ADVERTISEMENT

Considering being a New York Jets fan....

I never objected to O being called a Muslim...I did have a problem with some other adjectives said to describe him including a POS when he was in office.

I wasn't a O supporter ,but will continue to support our Commander in Chief, and thank God it's Donald Trump!

We do understand it. We just don't give a shit...just like the players don't give a shit. Do you honestly believe a person being murdered unfairly with no charges is less important than a damn uniform? That is what YOU don't understand. We value ourselves as employees but more importantly US Citizens. It doesn't mean we are anyone's slave. If you are an employee, you are making an employer a sh't ton of money. Learn your own value as an employee. These people don't work at popeyes. They are professionals. Only a few hundred people in the world can do what they can do. There is value in that you apparently just don't understand.
Who got murder unfairly?

We do understand it. We just don't give a shit...just like the players don't give a shit. Do you honestly believe a person being murdered unfairly with no charges is less important than a damn uniform? That is what YOU don't understand. We value ourselves as employees but more importantly US Citizens. It doesn't mean we are anyone's slave. If you are an employee, you are making an employer a sh't ton of money. Learn your own value as an employee. These people don't work at popeyes. They are professionals. Only a few hundred people in the world can do what they can do. There is value in that you apparently just don't understand.
They should give a shit because their actions are damaging their employer, which in return could damage their income.
Comparing NFL players who make millions to slaves (or any other employee for that matter) is disgraceful.
NFL owners, who in some cases have paid over ONE BILLION dollars for their business, should make a shit ton of money. They also pay their employees a shit ton of money and with that come expectations on how to act in the workplace.
Trump is right. Players who protest during the anthem (on the clock) should be fired.

Reactions: grbcane
They should give a shit because their actions are damaging their employer, which in return could damage their income.
Comparing NFL players who make millions to slaves (or any other employee for that matter) is disgraceful.
NFL owners, who in some cases have paid over ONE BILLION dollars for their business, should make a shit ton of money. They also pay their employees a shit ton of money and with that come expectations on how to act in the workplace.
Trump is right. Players who protest during the anthem (on the clock) should be fired.
WTH are you talking about? Have you ever owned a business in your life? They don't just pay employees. They are making money off of them. They have TV rights and gate sales and merchandising etc because of these players. You act they are just out there giving out money to people. You have to have talent to earn that can generate that money for themselves and an employer. That has nothing to do with VALUES! Money is money. VALUES are VALUES. MORALS are MORALS. Employees have their own expectations. I have my own expectations in my workplace just like my employer has. I expect to be treated fairly and have all of my rights observed in the workplace. I am nobodys hucklebee because I earn money for them and myself.

That’s some funny stuff CD, oh wait, you’re being serious.

That’s some funny stuff CD, oh wait, you’re being serious.
Yep...dead serious. I am also sick of people looking at what Minorities do and think they are providing them some big favor. It is no favor. Go google what this product is worth. Go google how much and NFL team cost these days and trust me. Go try to purchase one. Do you think that is because Jerry Jones is out there hitting a receiver on a slant route? Get it together because you better take a business course.

We have Wright on the Ropes...come on Honey lets knock him out...btw has anyone ever seen Wright?
Don't worry about seeing me. Stay on topic. I am not on the ropes and don't you ever think you can come for me unless I send for you.

WTH are you talking about? Have you ever owned a business in your life? They don't just pay employees. They are making money off of them. They have TV rights and gate sales and merchandising etc because of these players. You act they are just out there giving out money to people. You have to have talent to earn that can generate that money for themselves and an employer. That has nothing to do with VALUES! Money is money. VALUES are VALUES. MORALS are MORALS. Employees have their own expectations. I have my own expectations in my workplace just like my employer has. I expect to be treated fairly and have all of my rights observed in the workplace. I am nobodys hucklebee because I earn money for them and myself.
As a matter of fact I do own a business. It's obvious you have always worked for someone else. I opened my business at the age of 26, and now 27 years later I employ over 150 people. I make money off of each and every one of them. If I can't make money off of them they will not continue to be employed by me. They choose to work for me. I treat them fairly, and I pay them a fair wage. I also have expectations on how they are to represent my company, and if they fall short they will be disciplined. They can always go somewhere else if they are not happy in any way.

You do realize the one and only reason for the existence of any business is to make a profit. Period. It' not there to provide a job, showcase someone's talent, provide a service or produce a product. That is only a byproduct of the business. The business is there to make money. Unfortunately, there is a large sector of our population today that feels profit is a bad thing, when it fact, if a business or company is not profitable it will cease to exist along with the jobs it provided. We should encourage and celebrate profitability. If you feel a business makes too much money then you should do what it takes to own that business rather than expect that business to share all the profits with the employees. BTW you do also realize the only reason the NFL players have a place to showcase their skills is because the owners have provided that opportunity. Without the owners these players are average working guys.

Kaepernick has his own expectations for the workplace. How's that working out for him?

Yep...dead serious. I am also sick of people looking at what Minorities do and think they are providing them some big favor. It is no favor. Go google what this product is worth. Go google how much and NFL team cost these days and trust me. Go try to purchase one. Do you think that is because Jerry Jones is out there hitting a receiver on a slant route? Get it together because you better take a business course.
You’re getting funnier by the minute.

As a matter of fact I do own a business. It's obvious you have always worked for someone else. I opened my business at the age of 26, and now 27 years later I employ over 150 people. I make money off of each and every one of them. If I can't make money off of them they will not continue to be employed by me. They choose to work for me. I treat them fairly, and I pay them a fair wage. I also have expectations on how they are to represent my company, and if they fall short they will be disciplined. They can always go somewhere else if they are not happy in any way.

You do realize the one and only reason for the existence of any business is to make a profit. Period. It' not there to provide a job, showcase someone's talent, provide a service or produce a product. That is only a byproduct of the business. The business is there to make money. Unfortunately, there is a large sector of our population today that feels profit is a bad thing, when it fact, if a business or company is not profitable it will cease to exist along with the jobs it provided. We should encourage and celebrate profitability. If you feel a business makes too much money then you should do what it takes to own that business rather than expect that business to share all the profits with the employees.

Kaepernick has his own expectations for the workplace. How's that working out for him?
You just said it yourself assuming what you say is even believable. Because I would never work for anyone like you that disrespects my rights. You are making money off of them. Don't pretend! Any businessman worth a shit understands at this level the difficulty in replacing someone where only 1 percent of the worlds population could begin to apply for the job. This isn't popeyes or whatever business you run.

Lastly, you don't know anything about me so don't go running your mouth as if you do know. You don't! You think you are better than someone who decides they don't want to own a business? Business's are successful because of a collective effort. A workforce of people with something to offer. When you say it is obvious I have always worked for someone else, that tells me what it is to work for someone like you. I own a business and I work for someone because I am afforded the luxury of choosing to. I only work for great people. Nobody that would ever tell me anything like that and I have never told anyone that worked for me any such thing. It is such a self indulgent thing to say to someone you don't even know. It's no surprise you would support an asshole like Donald Trump who has left a trail of unpaid creditors by filing for bankruptcy 6 times.

A good business doesn't treat employees like this or has your mentality. You say you respect employees. This isn't respecting anything other than your own greed. People have the right to protest anything they want to protest. I support them and that right. Even if they were there taking a knee because the KKK was treated unfairly. They have the right to do so.

You just said it yourself assuming what you say is even believable. Because I would never work for anyone like you that disrespects my rights. You are making money off of them. Don't pretend! Any businessman worth a shit understands at this level the difficulty in replacing someone where only 1 percent of the worlds population could begin to apply for the job. This isn't popeyes or whatever business you run.

Lastly, you don't know anything about me so don't go running your mouth as if you do know. You don't! You think you are better than someone who decides they don't want to own a business? Business's are successful because of a collective effort. A workforce of people with something to offer. When you say it is obvious I have always worked for someone else, that tells me what it is to work for someone like you. I own a business and I work for someone because I am afforded the luxury of choosing to. I only work for great people. Nobody that would ever tell me anything like that and I have never told anyone that worked for me any such thing. It is such a self indulgent thing to say to someone you don't even know. It's no surprise you would support an asshole like Donald Trump who has left a trail of unpaid creditors by filing for bankruptcy 6 times.

A good business doesn't treat employees like this or has your mentality. You say you respect employees. This isn't respecting anything other than your own greed. People have the right to protest anything they want to protest. I support them and that right. Even if they were there taking a knee because the KKK was treated unfairly. They have the right to do so.
You’re still very confused; just not grasping the whole employee and employer thing.

You’re still very confused; just not grasping the whole employee and employer thing.
I grasp it well. I know both ends very well. I think you enjoy privileges you know are coming to an end and are scared to death because of this fact.

You really are naive in so many ways. It’s really getting to the point where I’m starting to feel sorry for you. Ask me nicely, and I will try to dig you out of some these embarrassing threads you’re in. I’m here for you.

You do realize the one and only reason for the existence of any business is to make a profit. Period. It' not there to provide a job, showcase someone's talent, provide a service or produce a product. That is only a byproduct of the business. The business is there to make money. Unfortunately, there is a large sector of our population today that feels profit is a bad thing, when it fact, if a business or company is not profitable it will cease to exist along with the jobs it provided. We should encourage and celebrate profitability. If you feel a business makes too much money then you should do what it takes to own that business rather than expect that business to share all the profits with the employees. BTW you do also realize the only reason the NFL players have a place to showcase their skills is because the owners have provided that opportunity. Without the owners these players are average working guys.

Well said. Doers do while talkers talk.

I never objected to O being called a Muslim...I did have a problem with some other adjectives said to describe him including a POS when he was in office.

I wasn't a O supporter ,but will continue to support our Commander in Chief, and thank God it's Donald Trump!
So you supported Obama?

Where did I say that I disrespect my employee's rights? I employ people, I pay them fairly, I treat them fairly, I have expectations on productivity, and I have expectations on how they represent my company. They are also free to leave at any time just as these NFL players are. Employees do not have "rights" to do, act and say, whatever they want while on the clock if it is against company policy, if it prohibits productivity, or if it reflects negatively on the company. Apparently in your world employees can do and say whatever they want since they make all the money for the owner. Got it.

You seem to like Popeyes a lot.

I can't wait for the start of the season where we can talk Canes football. I rarely (almost never) come into the lounge, and now I am reminded why.

Reactions: dolcane and grbcane
Just this once, I’m going to help CD out without him asking for my help.

What he’s been trying to say is that while he understands employers have the absolute right to set the conditions of employment, he believes the NFL has made a mistake. He believes the players are peacefully protesting on a worthy cause and wishes they’d allow it, but understands even they must comply with their bosses conditions despite their extraordinary wages.

Furthermore, he apologizes to you canesgotscrewedagain for being a putz, and is thankful for your continued support, through your business, of your community at large.

Please accept his apologies and he looks forward to speaking with you again in the future.

Where did I say that I disrespect my employee's rights? I employ people, I pay them fairly, I treat them fairly, I have expectations on productivity, and I have expectations on how they represent my company. They are also free to leave at any time just as these NFL players are. Employees do not have "rights" to do, act and say, whatever they want while on the clock if it is against company policy, if it prohibits productivity, or if it reflects negatively on the company. Apparently in your world employees can do and say whatever they want since they make all the money for the owner. Got it.

I can't wait for the start of the season where we can talk Canes football. I rarely (almost never) come into the lounge, and now I am reminded why.

If he has a desk I would encourage him when he goes back to work this week to stage a protest by sitting on the floor while he works. When the boss fires him for his peaceful protest he should immediately call Michael Avenatti because he would have a great case....lol.

Last edited:

I don't care where you go. You come here then be prepared or get bodied....or stay out of the out of the lounge.

You pretending workers don't have any rights you don't decide to give them is some narcissistic nonsense that is false. They have right you don't have anything to do with in our United States constitution. What you say doesn't superseded it if they choose to observe those rights. Your idea of fair may not be everyone elses idea of fair. It's their clock too. Stop acting like they are just employees. They are people too. With human rights. If you don't like it then don't watch them play or pay to watch them play.

Look at the NBA. They understand this fact. Do you think they are employing players? They are smart. They realize the majority of their players are minorities. They understand these people are more than just basketball players that exist only to make them money. They are United States citizens. They are Brothers, Fathers and sons of African Americans that are getting killed in the streets by the police without any consequences. These are people that have earned the respect of business people that treat their employees fairly. They understand. They are more than employees. Period. It isn't always about money. It is about things that are more important sometimes.

I don't let employers rule my life nor should anyone else. If I have a sick child and I can't make you money one day, guess who is more important? My sick child. Getting the picture. I don't give a crap about your rules. I am taking care of my sick child because that is more important....and don't need your permission to do what's right. It's called Morals. I would find someone who gives a sh't about me to work hard for.

Just this once, I’m going to help CD out without him asking for my help.

What he’s been trying to say is that while he understands employers have the absolute right to set the conditions of employment, he believes the NFL has made a mistake. He believes the players are peacefully protesting on a worthy cause and wishes they’d allow it, but understands even they must comply with their bosses conditions despite their extraordinary wages.

Furthermore, he apologizes to you canesgotscrewedagain for being a putz, and is thankful for your continued support, through your business, of your community at large.

Please accept his apologies and he looks forward to speaking with you again in the future.

Well said CD.

Short for thanks again for your community support.

I don't care where you go. You come here then be prepared or get bodied....or stay out of the out of the lounge.

You pretending workers don't have any rights you don't decide to give them is some narcissistic nonsense that is false. They have right you don't have anything to do with in our United States constitution. What you say doesn't superseded it if they choose to observe those rights. Your idea of fair may not be everyone elses idea of fair. It's their clock too. Stop acting like they are just employees. They are people too. With human rights. If you don't like it then don't watch them play or pay to watch them play.

Look at the NBA. They understand this fact. Do you think they are employing players? They are smart. They realize the majority of their players are minorities. They understand these people are more than just basketball players that exist only to make them money. They are United States citizens. They are Brothers, Fathers and sons of African Americans that are getting killed in the streets by the police without any consequences. These are people that have earned the respect of business people that treat their employees fairly. They understand. They are more than employees. Period. It isn't always about money. It is about things that are more important sometimes.

I don't let employers rule my life nor should anyone else. If I have a sick child and I can't make you money one day, guess who is more important? My sick child. Getting the picture. I don't give a crap about your rules. I am taking care of my sick child because that is more important....and don't need your permission to do what's right. It's called Morals. I would find someone who gives a sh't about me to work hard for.

CD, I have to give you credit, you definitely are strong in your convictions, and don’t back away from them.

Reactions: Strack_Cane
If he has a desk I would encourage him when he goes back to work this week to stage a protest by sitting on the floor while he works. When the boss fires him for his peaceful protest he should immediately call Michael Avenatti because he would have a great case....lol.
My boss would not fire me because I make him over 2 Million dollars a year. See, I don't work at Popeyes. Where I work they respect my right to protest and if they don't respect that, they can respect the 2 million dollars they will lose most certainly....lmao. I could make it for him or I can make it for his competitor or I can make it for myself as I am already a consultant. See, that Boss man shit doesn't work with me. I will tell you where to shove it....and go on about my day. That's why they know how to treat me. I don't allow people to walk all over me and I don't care who they are. I know my value.

My boss would not fire me because I make him over 2 Million dollars a year. See, I don't work at Popeyes. Where I work they respect my right to protest and if they don't respect that, they can respect the 2 million dollars they will lose most certainly....lmao. I could make it for him or I can make it for his competitor or I can make it for myself as I am already a consultant. See, that Boss man shit doesn't work with me. I will tell you where to shove it....and go on about my day. That's why they know how to treat me. I don't allow people to walk all over me and I don't care who they are. I know my value.
And if all of a sudden those customers decided not to hand over their money because they caught wind of the way you protest and didnt like it who do you think boss man is going to side with? By the way, many people have taken your advice not to watch the NFL nor buy tickets if they dont like the protests.....HENCE THE NEW RULE.

Last edited:
And if all of a sudden those customers decided not to hand over their money because they caught wind of the way you protest and didnt like it who do you think boss man is going to side with? By the way, many people have taken your advice not to watch the NFL or buy tickets if they dont like the protests.....HENCE THE NEW RULE.
You obviously don't know anything about our business and how those contract are crafted and why they exist. Hell, in our business people that generate millions of dollars aren't just found on the street. People that understand the needs of the base or have that experience. I brought that to the table. Sure, anyone can be replaced but let's not get it twisted. It will literally cost millions...for what? To make some unnecessary point? The customers are there because I brought them there and down to the engineering of every drawing and schematic my fingers are involved. So, go ahead....and play boss man if you have the millions you want to spend.

And if all of a sudden those customers decided not to hand over their money because they caught wind of the way you protest and didnt like it who do you think boss man is going to side with? By the way, many people have taken your advice not to watch the NFL or buy tickets if they dont like the protests.....HENCE THE NEW RULE.
Again, stop acting like you know my business. They don't just hand over money. They are buying a solution. One that requires maintenance from people familiar with what to supply. It is a very niche market. You don't know the market or what it is. So stop pretending that you do. Only one person knows my job in my company other than me and that is the president and he couldn't do it on a day to day basis.

Thank you for making my point by using the NBA as an example. The NBA has rules of conduct of their players (employees):
1. Each player when introduced, prior to the game, must be uniformly dressed
2. Players, coaches and trainers are to stand up in a dignified posture along the sidelines or on the foul line during the playing of the National Anthem
3. Coaches and assistant coaches must wear a sport coat or suit coat
4. While playing, Players must keep their uniform shirts tucked into their pants, and no T-shirts are allowed

So are the "rights" of NBA players being violated? Do their employers not respect them? Do the owners not understand they are more than just employees? Why do the players allow the owners to rule their life? You are right in the fact that the NBA is smart. They have been proactive in communicating and enforcing policies and expectations in regards to their employees conduct to protect their brand.

Maybe next time you should be better prepared.

Reactions: Strack_Cane

This is one of many examples in this thread where uneducated people are given a forum to voice their opinions that normally would be locked in a rubber room. Based on these examples, the OP clearly does not understand what rights he has in the context of being a U.S. citizen, rights that protect him from government, and rights he has in the private sector to protect him as an employee of a private company, not all being the same. This is why good progress in our our country has been set back several decades. Cucks gonna cuck!

Last edited:
Lol....I’ve done my best to help you little fella, but I can’t save you from your own ego.

Again, stop acting like you know my business. They don't just hand over money. They are buying a solution. One that requires maintenance from people familiar with what to supply. It is a very niche market. You don't know the market or what it is. So stop pretending that you do. Only one person knows my job in my company other than me and that is the president and he couldn't do it on a day to day basis.

Thank you for making my point by using the NBA as an example. The NBA has rules of conduct of their players (employees):
1. Each player when introduced, prior to the game, must be uniformly dressed
2. Players, coaches and trainers are to stand up in a dignified posture along the sidelines or on the foul line during the playing of the National Anthem
3. Coaches and assistant coaches must wear a sport coat or suit coat
4. While playing, Players must keep their uniform shirts tucked into their pants, and no T-shirts are allowed

So are the "rights" of NBA players being violated? Do their employers not respect them? Do the owners not understand they are more than just employees? Why do the players allow the owners to rule their life? You are right in the fact that the NBA is smart. They have been proactive in communicating and enforcing policies and expectations in regards to their employees conduct to protect their brand.

Maybe next time you should be better prepared.
No I didn't actually. I never said teams or employers didn't have rules. So, I don't know wtf you are talking about. I said they will allow their players to peacefully protest and that is more important to them because it is important to their players. They aren't fining their players for protesting peacefully.

No I didn't actually. I never said teams or employers didn't have rules. So, I don't know wtf you are talking about. I said they will allow their players to peacefully protest and that is more important to them because it is important to their players. They aren't fining their players for protesting peacefully.
You did say that exactly. NBA players are not allowed to protest during the National Anthem. The NFL is trying to implement a similar policy which according to you is a violation of their “rights” as employees. You also praise the NBA for their treatment of their players (employees) . Please stop contradicting and embarrassing yourself.

Reactions: dolcane and utatem
You did say that exactly. NBA players are not allowed to protest during the National Anthem. The NFL is trying to implement a similar policy which according to you is a violation of their “rights” as employees. You also praise the NBA for their treatment of their players (employees) . Please stop contradicting and embarrassing yourself.
The NBA does not fine their players for protesting the anthem. WTF are you talking about?

The NBA does not fine their players for protesting the anthem. WTF are you talking about?
The NBA has a policy regarding the conduct of players during the anthem. They have not announced penalties for violating this policy because the policy has not been violated by any player. Quote from Adam Silver "If that were to happen, we'll deal with it when it happens". Very likely a fine. The league that you so highly praise has their employees under their thumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreakingCane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT