ADVERTISEMENT

Fri Night Baseball: Game 1 - Harvard at Miami - Humble Pie: Crimson routs Canes, 11-6 in a real stinker!

AtlantaCane

SuperCane
Sep 7, 2005
Port Orange, Florida
Final Update:

Good evening, Caniacs...if U could follow the game tonight...consider yourself lucky...

This was no fluke, Caniacs...it was a real stinker for us...Harvard deserves all the credit...they deserved to win...we deserved to lose...

Final Scorecard:
TeamsRunsHitsErrorsLOB
Harvard111317
Miami6928

I've wasted enough time on my Friday night so why waste yours...no need for post-game stats on this one...although here's the telling stat...that team that just whipped us at home hasn't played a game in over 700 days bc of Covid.

Let that marinate a second...

It was a total team effort...out-pitched, out-hit, out-defended...out-played across the board.

We take a 2-0 lead after the first inning...smart guys come back take a 3-2 lead after 3...they add 2 more in the 4th...we score 3x in the 5th to tie the game...add 1 more in the 6th to retake the lead and then we implode...they get 2 in the 7th to go back up 7-6...but the killer came the 8th when our relief pitching fell completely apart giving up 5 walks and 4 runs on NO HITS to extend their lead to 11-6 and that's how it ended.

Miami falls to 5-1 losing its first game of the young season...Harvard wins it's first game in its season opener...

If U want to take a look at stats...go here.

Game 2 is Saturday night at 7...Carson Palmquist will be on the mound for us...maybe he can even things up...gotta flush this one and start over for Game 2...can't let one loss turn into 2 and a lost series...

Have a great rest of your night, and weekend, Caniacs!

Go Canes!
----------------------------------------------

Happy Friday, Caniacs...

The weekend is here...and what better way to start off than to take in UM baseball at The Light?

The 5-0 Canes open a 3-game weekend series vs Harvard out of the Ivy League. Tonight will be their
first game of the season and the beginning of a 19-game (I think) road trip to Florida, Texas and]
California before heading back East. Their first home game is April 2 vs fellow- league opponent
Brown.

On the mound tonight for the Canes is SO RHP Alejandro Rosario.

From my vantage point, pitching has been better than expected, defense has been okay but after
a shaky start it has tightened things up, while hitting has been the big surprise, especially compared
to last year.

With 7 new starters in the lineup bats are not resting on shoulders taking pitches. I think this bunch
is swinging away with 8 batters already slugging 9 HRs. We'll see if that trend continues this weekend.

Here's how to follow tonight's game:

MEDIA INFO
How to Watch: HU vs UM (Courtesy: Watch ESPN/ACCNX)
How to Listen: WVUM 90.5 (Courtesy: WVUM)
Live Game Stats: HU vs UM (Courtesy: UM/statbroadcast)

Back with the 1st pitch ASAP...

Go Canes!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News