ADVERTISEMENT

Gary, Opinion article-Vaccines

silverbullet90

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2006
Gary, who are you to say that a vaccine is the best thing for a player? What about the players that already have COVID and have natural immunity? They should get stuck with a vaccine that has killed over 12,000 and disabled over 10,000 already?

What research have you conducted on the long term side effects of the vaccine? The answer is zero, since there are no studies as the vaccine is Emergency Use Authorizatio, and was completed in 20% of the time a normal vaccine is made.

If a plane was made in 20% of the time, and 12,000 people that got on that plane in the last 6 months, died….are you flying on that plane?

If a player gets COVID, based on their age, they have a 99.998% chance of survival……those odds seem pretty good to me vs taking some untested vaccine that can potentially give you blood clots, disable you or kill you.

if you want the vaccine, go get it, as I’m sure you have….but let’s not pretend that it’s the right thing for every person on the planet….or the team

Gary, who are you to say that a vaccine is the best thing for a player? What about the players that already have COVID and have natural immunity? They should get stuck with a vaccine that has killed over 12,000 and disabled over 10,000 already?

What research have you conducted on the long term side effects of the vaccine? The answer is zero, since there are no studies as the vaccine is Emergency Use Authorizatio, and was completed in 20% of the time a normal vaccine is made.

If a plane was made in 20% of the time, and 12,000 people that got on that plane in the last 6 months, died….are you flying on that plane?

If a player gets COVID, based on their age, they have a 99.998% chance of survival……those odds seem pretty good to me vs taking some untested vaccine that can potentially give you blood clots, disable you or kill you.

if you want the vaccine, go get it, as I’m sure you have….but let’s not pretend that it’s the right thing for every person on the planet….or the team
another moron....

Jan 6th was what compared to Afghanistan right now, being taken over by the Taliban……Jan 6th looked like a big keg party compared to an actual insurrection

Reactions: HJCane

LOL

I don’t answer to you, research it yourself before you get your 50th booster shot bec the media said to
VAERS data…..CNN doesn’t report these deaths
VAERS collects data on any adverse event following vaccination, be it coincidental or truly caused by a vaccine. The report of an adverse event to VAERS is not documentation that a vaccine caused the event.

Ok, enjoy your vaccines for a virus that will never go away, as it’s transmitted by animals as well as humans (unlike smallpox) and for which you have a 99.998% chance of survival (w/o an untested vaccine)….hope the long term side effects, none of which are known, aren’t bad.

Stop spreading misinformation.

The vaccine has not killed 12,000, that's just not true. It also hasn't disabled 10,000. As of 7/30/21, there have been 7,064 disabilities out of 345 million doses administered. The chances of disability from the vaccine are 0.002%. The chances that you will have a life threatening, disabling or other serious adverse effect from the smallpox, shingles, measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines are all comparable or higher. This data is straight from the Vaccine Adverse Effects Reporting database. You can look it up.

What is known is that given Covid's infection fatality rate and the potency of the Delta variant, 300K+ deaths have been avoided, and untold numbers of hospitalizations and severe illnesses. Our hospitals would be overrun today if over 50% of the population hadn't done the responsible thing and gotten vaccinated. The long term effects that a very significant percentage of Covid recovered have will be a drain on the healthcare system for years, maybe for decades.

Last, scientists overwhelmingly agree that all immunity from Covid decreases over time, natural and vaccine generated. Getting Covid does not confer immunity for life and doesn't give you "better" immunity, in fact the opposite is the case. In addition, the consensus is that those who recover from Covid benefit from the vaccine as well.

It's another example of Manny's lack of leadership that we have so many unvaccinated players compared to a world class program like Alabama's. It's just unconscionable given the risks to the program, let alone player health. If you're on the team and are not vaccinated, you ride pine and don't make the two deep. How hard is that? It's also ridiculous that UM doesn't have a vaccine mandate, given the makeup of its leadership. Absurd, really.

Last edited:

Please link stats thst shows vaccine has directly killed 12,000 and what percentage of all vaccinated is thst??? And disabled over 10,000??. Please link and what do you mean by “disabled”???

as for anti bodies if you already had covid, go,ask,any doctor, on average the anti bodies are good for 90 days. They recomend after 90 days that you got infected, you get vaccinated.

And long term effect?? Tell me, do you know the long term effects of contracting covid??? So you rather be ok with long term effects of covid that has already killed 650k than long term effects of a vaccine that as of now is showing to be extremely safe. Yeah thst makes a lot of sense to take a risk with covid than vaccine.

The vaccine has not killed 12,000, that's just not true. It also hasn't disabled 10,000. As of 7/30/21, there have been 7,064 disabled out of 345 million doses administered. The chances of disability from the vaccine are 0.002%. The chances that you will have a life threatening, disabling or other serious adverse side effect from the smallpox, shingles, measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines are all comparable or higher. This data is straight from the Vaccine Adverse Reporting database. You can look it up.

What is known is that given Covid's infection fatality rate and the potency of the Delta variant, 200K+ deaths have been avoided, and untold numbers of hospitalizations and severe illnesses. Our hospitals would be overrun today if over 50% of the population hadn't done the responsible thing and gotten vaccinated. The long term effects that a very significant percentage of Covid recovered have will be a drain on the healthcare system for years, maybe for decades.

Last, scientists overwhelmingly agree that all immunity from Covid decreases over time, natural and vaccine generated. Getting Covid does not confer immunity for life and doesn't give you "better" immunity, in fact the opposite is the case. In addition, the consensus is that those who recover from Covid benefit from the vaccine as well.

It's another example of Manny's lack of leadership that we have so many unvaccinated players compared to a world class program like Alabama's. It's just unconscionable given the risks to the program, let alone player health. If you're on the team and are not vaccinated, you ride pine and don't make the two deep. How hard is that? It's also ridiculous that UM doesn't have a vaccine mandate, given the makeup of its leadership. Absurd, really.
That said the odds of a teen or early 20's athlete dying of Covid are miniscule. The Data on immunity from prior Covid infection is mixed but the best sources say natural immunity after infection is better than vaccination. As for the length of immunity -it not only measured by antibodies but by T cell immunity. It likely explains those who seem to be protected even when their antibodies decline. Memory T cells can hang around for years.
There are numerous accounts of spike protein induced myositis after vaccination in younger persons .Its transient but it could temporarily bench a player.
I would reinforce the facts on the ground right now that Covid is causing some deaths in younger people and that most of the hospitalized are unvaccinated in FL. I presume that would convince some to get vaccinated.
The Vaers Data is important but remember you can report various reactions on one patient so the amount of reports doesn't equal the amount of patients. It also doesn't confirm causation as many of these reports occur in persons already chronically ill . Have these vaccines killed some individuals? Thats likely and some have sustained serious reactions. I have done Clinical research for years. You give aspirin to 200 million people and there will be people who die from it. Its necessary to see these reactions in proper context.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeerCaned

The vaccine has not killed 12,000, that's just not true. It also hasn't disabled 10,000. As of 7/30/21, there have been 7,064 disabled out of 345 million doses administered. The chances of disability from the vaccine are 0.002%. The chances that you will have a life threatening, disabling or other serious adverse side effect from the smallpox, shingles, measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines are all comparable or higher. This data is straight from the Vaccine Adverse Reporting database. You can look it up.

What is known is that given Covid's infection fatality rate and the potency of the Delta variant, 200K+ deaths have been avoided, and untold numbers of hospitalizations and severe illnesses. Our hospitals would be overrun today if over 50% of the population hadn't done the responsible thing and gotten vaccinated. The long term effects that a very significant percentage of Covid recovered have will be a drain on the healthcare system for years, maybe for decades.

You must realize that you are wasting your breath?

Stupidly Stupidly Stupidly…Please stick with football..

Reactions: zackbear
Jan 6th was what compared to Afghanistan right now, being taken over by the Taliban……Jan 6th looked like a big keg party compared to an actual insurrection
Oh jesus am assault on the capital is not lije afgan right… saigon is a better comparison

You guys probably think that putting a mask on a child works as well…….despite the virus being able to go thru the weaving and around the mask.
N95 keeps virus out, the orher masks allow people to keep the virus to themselves…its more for people who have it than those trying to protect themselves…i went to Duke…we did the mask studies… also found out neck gaiters spread more than no mask… ill be happy to post that study if you think you can understand a medical journal?

Reactions: zackbear
@gferman does the entire team have strict protocols against being in close contact with anyone other than.the team?

Are vaccinated players being tested regularly?

Gary supports vaccines but doesn’t support mandates. So I’m in agreement with him
Vaccines are great for most everyone. Mandates are not .

We have a lot of men that aren’t men in America any more. Little girls. Nobody should answer to the government when it comes to your personal health. Freedom 101 under any circumstance.

Stupid

Hum, well I am ex military and it is about damn time we got out of Afghanistan, typical we had to do all the fighting for them. And as far as a keg party on January 6th we must have watched different videos of what happened. I am sure the capital police will beg to differ with your interpretation of the events.

Your post should be in the lounge anyway. You made it political. To be vax or not to be vax , my friends wife and nephew died from the new strain last week, 55 and 26. No issues and no vax but you are right the virus is here to stay

Reactions: klbcec
That said the odds of a teen or early 20's athlete dying of Covid are miniscule. The Data on immunity from prior Covid infection is mixed but the best sources say natural immunity after infection is better than vaccination. As for the length of immunity -it not only measured by antibodies but by T cell immunity. It likely explains those who seem to be protected even when their antibodies decline. Memory T cells can hang around for years.
There are numerous accounts of spike protein induced myositis after vaccination in younger persons .Its transient but it could temporarily bench a player.
I would reinforce the facts on the ground right now that Covid is causing some deaths in younger people and that most of the hospitalized are unvaccinated in FL. I presume that would convince some to get vaccinated.
The Vaers Data is important but remember you can report various reactions on one patient so the amount of reports doesn't equal the amount of patients. It also doesn't confirm causation as many of these reports occur in persons already chronically ill . Have these vaccines killed some individuals? Thats likely and some have sustained serious reactions. I have done Clinical research for years. You give aspirin to 200 million people and there will be people who die from it. Its necessary to see these reactions in proper context.
Regarding probabilities, playing russian roulette and winning doesn't mean it's smart to play the game. The odds of surviving Covid are good to excellent for any age cohort. Covid is not Ebola. Having said that, from an individual standpoint it is still a MUCH smarter play to get the vaccine than risk the outcome of getting sick. The risk-adjusted outcomes are just not comparable. Not to mention that societally we are still dealing with a full blown pandemic (and a big risk to the season) vs simply an endemic disease because of all the knuckle dragging antivaxxers out there.

As far as natural immunity being superior to or lasting longer than vaccine immunity here are links to three highly reputable sources that disagree with you, four if you count me:

Hopkins
NIH
CDC

The VAERS data is important and does tell us a lot about absolute and relative risks from vaccines. The data that was gathered for Covid vaccine adverse effects was also gathered for smallpox, shingles, measles, mumps, rubella etc. So apples to apples it tells us a lot about risk.

Reactions: jed1250 and HJCane
I know people who can’t get surgery because the unvaccinated aretaking up all the hospital beds. It’s your right not to get vaccinated, but stay home and quit spreading the disease, I have my rights too. I would like to enjoy My life and business and not have to worry about a mutated virus. The fear is if the current virus mutates again it will be 10 times worse than it is now and they will be trying to develop a new vaccine for it because the current one may be ineffective.

SHUT
THE
UP

Gary you need to ban idiots spreading lies and misinformation….

Fool over 2.4 BILLION people have received the vaccine and you cite 10K and 12K that had potential side effects? Do you understand math you buffoon?

Reactions: clevelandcane

The vaccine has not killed 12,000, that's just not true. It also hasn't disabled 10,000. As of 7/30/21, there have been 7,064 disabilities out of 345 million doses administered. The chances of disability from the vaccine are 0.002%. The chances that you will have a life threatening, disabling or other serious adverse effect from the smallpox, shingles, measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines are all comparable or higher. This data is straight from the Vaccine Adverse Effects Reporting database. You can look it up.

What is known is that given Covid's infection fatality rate and the potency of the Delta variant, 300K+ deaths have been avoided, and untold numbers of hospitalizations and severe illnesses. Our hospitals would be overrun today if over 50% of the population hadn't done the responsible thing and gotten vaccinated. The long term effects that a very significant percentage of Covid recovered have will be a drain on the healthcare system for years, maybe for decades.

2.4 billion worldwide

Reactions: Cool Runnin'
I don’t answer to you, research it yourself before you get your 50th booster shot bec the media said to

oh I see, you can not link the data because you know it is bullshit!!!

by the way, you talk shit about having anti bodies. Does the anti bodies from when a person got covid 6 months ago for original covid work for the mutated Delta variance?????? Vaccine does. And are you going in to a clinic and checking periodically to see if you have anti bodies that work?? Or are you just wingin it And taking a wild guess that they are working?? Vaccine ensure that they do.

by the way, not sure if you know the reality of what is going on at hospitals if you do come in with shortness of breath but unless you are ICU bound or have immune issues, they basically are sending you home to fend for yourself to fight it until you get way worse and ready to be put into ICU…….and then pray they have a bed for you. Do not think you are going into the hospital and they are going to give you remdesivir or anything like that. You have to qualify as a severe patient or have immune issues to get that treatment.

You guys probably think that putting a mask on a child works as well…….despite the virus being able to go thru the weaving and around the mask.
That is the only thing you said that has any truth to it.

I know people who can’t get surgery because the unvaccinated aretaking up all the hospital beds. It’s your right not to get vaccinated, but stay home and quit spreading the disease, I have my rights too. I would like to enjoy My life and business and not have to worry about a mutated virus. The fear is if the current virus mutates again it will be 10 times worse than it is now and they will be trying to develop a new vaccine for it because the current one may be ineffective.
That is valid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT