ADVERTISEMENT

Gov. Kemp was just on the news. He is right.............

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Voting and the methods for voting is a STATE RIGHT. Each State gets to decide how they conduct voting.
Business leaders and community leaders were all present working together in the legislature for the writing of this Bill.
The Atlanta Braves did NOT want the All Star game moved. Harming all the low wage workers and small business owners. Many are minorities.
Ballot drop boxes were NEVER in Georgia Law and ONLY USED BECAUSE of the PANDEMIC! This is what TRUMP BITCHED about because it was never in their Laws and no new law was passed.
Now Ballot drop off boxes ARE IN THE LAW but you have to drop it off at the Polling Place. No big deal.
Absentee ballots were expanded but you need ID to use them and ID to vote in person.
The Early Voting sites 9:00- 5:00 is an 8 hour shift. They found too many rural polling places were working part time during elections. ALL ARE FREE to open till 7:00 PM if they choose to.
Sunday Souls to the Polls is the Law now. It was not mandatory to be open on Sundays in the past.

And finally he said the same thing I have POSTED ON HERE; None of the Corporations or people complaining will CITE ONE THING IN THE BILL THAT IS RACIST OR BLOCKS SOMEONE"S ABILITY TO VOTE. Not 1 SPECIFIC at all.

He also said that if California wants to set up their voting in a different manner they are free to do so BECAUSE VOTING AND THE MANNER WE VOTE IS A STATE RIGHT IN THE CONSTITUTION> Set up by STATE LEGISLATIONS

Bring it...............................

This whole thing stinks , this commisioner is a total commie bastard !! He need s to go , everyone is sick of this political correctness crap . It started with North Carolina gettin punished over the stupid transgender bathrooms . There are family bathrooms at every stadium , if you ain't sure what you have in your shorts , us the family bathroom . This country is goin down the shitter in a hurry . I'll bet all the WW !! vets are rollin over in their graves

HJ,

You‘re up early on a Saturday firmly standing on your soap box about voting laws in Georgia. This has you really riled up.

This isn’t about states rights. It’s about winning elections. Georgia Republicans were humiliated in 2020 as they lost the presidency and both Senatorial seats. Mitch McConnell lost his job as a result. They are now moving quickly to take action to ensure that they win next time.

That’s what this legislation is about: maximizing the chance of Republican victory in future elections. Can’t you just accept this and move on?

HJ,

You‘re up early on a Saturday firmly standing on your soap box about voting laws in Georgia. This has you really riled up.

This isn’t about states rights. It’s about winning elections. Georgia Republicans were humiliated in 2020 as they lost the presidency and both Senatorial seats. Mitch McConnell lost his job as a result. They are now moving quickly to take action to ensure that they win next time.

That’s what this legislation is about: maximizing the chance of Republican victory in future elections. Can’t you just accept this and move on?
Can't you just be specific you Parrot? You sheep being herded? Be SPECIFIC on what part of the bill is racist. What part of the bill favors one party over another? What part of the bill prevents someone / anyone from NUMEROUS ways of participating?

MAN UP AND BE SPECIFIC!

Reactions: grbcane and MR231
HJ,

This whole thing stinks , this commisioner is a total commie bastard !! He need s to go , everyone is sick of this political correctness crap . It started with North Carolina gettin punished over the stupid transgender bathrooms . There are family bathrooms at every stadium , if you ain't sure what you have in your shorts , us the family bathroom . This country is goin down the shitter in a hurry . I'll bet all the WW !! vets are rollin over in their graves
They were going to honor Hank Aaron in his home ballpark. Such fools..............

Can't you just be specific you Parrot? You sheep being herded? Be SPECIFIC on what part of the bill is racist. What part of the bill favors one party over another? What part of the bill prevents someone / anyone from NUMEROUS ways of participating?

MAN UP AND BE SPECIFIC!
You’ve got to be kidding and incredibly naive. Both houses of the legislature rushed this legislation through. The Governor quickly signed it in private.

Specifically, what do you think the motivation is for this legislation?

You’ve got to be kidding and incredibly naive. Both houses of the legislature rushed this legislation through. The Governor quickly signed it in private.

IMO, fulfilling the desires of the LEGAL CITIZENS of the State of Georgia that elected them. Please look up Biden Executive orders before you complain about rushed legislation.
Just Sayin :cool:

HJ,

Bingo!

Reactions: zackbear

The motivation for the legislation is fairly simple.
1) To take the voting measures put in place in 2020 (NOT BY THE LEGISLATURE) due to the Pandemic fear and ensure they don't become somehow permanent. Examples would be mass mailings (never done before) and drop boxes throughout the State (never done before and not in their law)
2) To clean up areas needing to be fixed such as increasing early voting, drop boxes but only at polling places (now they are in the law) greater access at absentee ballots but instead of signature verification you need ID.
3) Ensuring that Rural communities work at their polling places a FULL 8 hour day during early voting. That is why the mandated the minimum 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM time frames. This was done because they discovered some rural areas were only working part time hours.
3) On election day ALL POLLING places are 7:00AM till 7:00PM and if you are on line before 7:00PM you get to vote.
4) Ensuring that while on line no one can influence your vote. That is why refreshments can no longer be served. Florida has a similar provision that mandates how far from the polling place people must be who are campaigning for the vote of a person or issue.

I have now provided you with numerous specific answers to your questions.

I AWAIT YOUR ANSWERS as to how it blocks voters or how it is a racist bill.

Reactions: grbcane
The motivation for the legislation is fairly simple.
1) To take the voting measures put in place in 2020 (NOT BY THE LEGISLATURE) due to the Pandemic fear and ensure they don't become somehow permanent. Examples would be mass mailings (never done before) and drop boxes throughout the State (never done before and not in their law)
2) To clean up areas needing to be fixed such as increasing early voting, drop boxes but only at polling places (now they are in the law) greater access at absentee ballots but instead of signature verification you need ID.
3) Ensuring that Rural communities work at their polling places a FULL 8 hour day during early voting. That is why the mandated the minimum 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM time frames. This was done because they discovered some rural areas were only working part time hours.
3) On election day ALL POLLING places are 7:00AM till 7:00PM and if you are on line before 7:00PM you get to vote.
4) Ensuring that while on line no one can influence your vote. That is why refreshments can no longer be served. Florida has a similar provision that mandates how far from the polling place people must be who are campaigning for the vote of a person or issue.

I have now provided you with numerous specific answers to your questions.

I AWAIT YOUR ANSWERS as to how it blocks voters or how it is a racist bill.
You set forth specifics of the legislation, not the specifics of the motivation. The motivation is to make it easier for Republicans to win elections in Georgia.

Ex. Specifically, the Republican-controlled Legislature has seized control of elections away from the Secretary of State and the State Election Board. Remember the Secretary of State? He’s the guy who defied Trump and recorded the then President’s attempt to strong arm him into “just finding 12,000 votes.” His power has been stripped away by this legislation. Coincidence or revenge politics? I’m going with the latter explanation.

Voting and the methods for voting is a STATE RIGHT. Each State gets to decide how they conduct voting.
Business leaders and community leaders were all present working together in the legislature for the writing of this Bill.
The Atlanta Braves did NOT want the All Star game moved. Harming all the low wage workers and small business owners. Many are minorities.
Ballot drop boxes were NEVER in Georgia Law and ONLY USED BECAUSE of the PANDEMIC! This is what TRUMP BITCHED about because it was never in their Laws and no new law was passed.
Now Ballot drop off boxes ARE IN THE LAW but you have to drop it off at the Polling Place. No big deal.
Absentee ballots were expanded but you need ID to use them and ID to vote in person.
The Early Voting sites 9:00- 5:00 is an 8 hour shift. They found too many rural polling places were working part time during elections. ALL ARE FREE to open till 7:00 PM if they choose to.
Sunday Souls to the Polls is the Law now. It was not mandatory to be open on Sundays in the past.

And finally he said the same thing I have POSTED ON HERE; None of the Corporations or people complaining will CITE ONE THING IN THE BILL THAT IS RACIST OR BLOCKS SOMEONE"S ABILITY TO VOTE. Not 1 SPECIFIC at all.

He also said that if California wants to set up their voting in a different manner they are free to do so BECAUSE VOTING AND THE MANNER WE VOTE IS A STATE RIGHT IN THE CONSTITUTION> Set up by STATE LEGISLATIONS

Cortez couldn’t cite one thing either. Sheep

Cortez couldn’t cite one thing either. Sheep
Did you not read the post just above yours? Republicans have removed the power of the Sec of State who resisted Trump’s attempt to steal the election in Georgia.

This legislation is a series of measures designed to maximize the chances for Republican victories in future Georgia elections. Pretty simple really.

Are you denying this or just willfully blind to this reality?

You set forth specifics of the legislation, not the specifics of the motivation. The motivation is to make it easier for Republicans to win elections in Georgia.

Ex. Specifically, the Republican-controlled Legislature has seized control of elections away from the Secretary of State and the State Election Board. Remember the Secretary of State? He’s the guy who defied Trump and recorded the then President’s attempt to strong arm him into “just finding 12,000 votes.” His power has been stripped away by this legislation. Coincidence or revenge politics? I’m going with the latter explanation.
Yes that is in there. Now tell me where the racism is. Where is the motivation precisely to assist Republicans. Show me IN THE BILL>

Did you not read the post just above yours? Republicans have removed the power of the Sec of State who resisted Trump’s attempt to steal the election in Georgia.

This legislation is a series of measures designed to maximize the chances for Republican victories in future Georgia elections. Pretty simple really.

The Legislature gets ELECTED by the people. If they are unhappy they can vote them out. That is the American way. Do you like every piece of legislation in your State?

I assume you are upset that the vote for this bill fell along party lines? Well now you know how we feel with the crap Biden and Pelosi are doing.

You still have yet to cite anything that favors one party over another. Your first argument about minorities not having IDs was racist. Your second argument about only one drop box was factually incorrect. You’ve been blown to shreds on this topic. Let the adults talk here.

HJ,

What exactly are they doing that will maximize the republicans vote and minimize the Democrat vote?

You still have yet to cite anything that favors one party over another. Your first argument about minorities not having IDs was racist. Your second argument about only one drop box was factually incorrect. You’ve been blown to shreds on this topic. Let the adults talk here.
Precisely. I try to ask straightforward questions of these sheep but sheep follow they don't lead so no answers.

Cash, As even HJ acknowledges, citizens less likely to vote in each a every election include:

*poorer people
*less educated people
*younger people
*people of color (Blacks and Hispanics)

Any measure that discourages or inhibits active voting by the people listed above lowers the turnout of Democrats and therefor helps Republicans.

The new legislation in Georgia (which is inspiring 20+ states to follow its lead) includes measures that impose new barriers on would be voters:

*less time to request absentee ballots
*mobile voting centers are essentially banned
*counties can limit voting on Sundays, eliminating group voting efforts at Black churches
*prohibts mailing absentee ballots to all voters
*drop boxes are greatly reduced and not made available 24 hours per day
*the legislature has stripped the Sec of State and Election Board of much of its power
*GOP legislators can now suspend county election officials

I am not screaming racism and looking for the fingerprints of the KKK. I am saying that Georgia Republicans were humiliated by their disastrous election results in 2020 and don’t want to experience that again. These measures combine to tilt the playing field against some potential voters.

IT’s all about winning elections.

What exactly are they doing that will maximize the republicans vote and minimize the Democrat vote?
Some people just think that requiring an ID to vote is racist. I still don’t understand that one. If lack of ID’s are an issue then communities should mount an initiative to provide ID’s.

I got vaccinated this week and needed to show my ID no less than 5 times as I moved through the line. I even had to provide proof that I lived at the address on my ID by proving a utility bill or bank statement listing my name and address.

Hypocrites like Amazon require restrictions on potential employee votes regarding unionization where strict identification is required. In a Presidential election however, they oppose having the same criteria whereby a voter must provide proof of identity.

The truth is, both parties have an agenda and view the process through that agenda. Have you ever seen some of the local district geographical boundaries? The party in power draws crazy lines to include potential votes for their side.

Nether party can be honest about it. They spend huge effort trying to divide us into a growing number of groups because they want us to fight each other and not them. If we ever were to come together as one group, US Citizens, they would be scared of being run out of town, or worse...

Believe me, every politician has studied the French Revolution.

Some people just think that requiring an ID to vote is racist. I still don’t understand that one. If lack of ID’s are an issue then communities should mount an initiative to provide ID’s.

I got vaccinated this week and needed to show my ID no less than 5 times as I moved through the line. I even had to provide proof that I lived at the address on my ID by proving a utility bill or bank statement listing my name and address.

Hypocrites like Amazon require restrictions on potential employee votes regarding unionization where strict identification is required. In a Presidential election however, they oppose having the same criteria whereby a voter must provide proof of identity.

The truth is, both parties have an agenda and view the process through that agenda. Have you ever seen some of the local district geographical boundaries? The party in power draws crazy lines to include potential votes for their side.

Nether party can be honest about it. They spend huge effort trying to divide us into a growing number of groups because they want us to fight each other and not them. If we ever were to come together as one group, US Citizens, they would be scared of being run out of town, or worse...

Believe me, every politician has studied the French Revolution.
Literally every person has some form of ID. It’s an excuse to cheat!

Literally every person has some form of ID. It’s an excuse to cheat!

Cash,

You asked me a question. I answered in detail with no reference whatsoever to id’s.

You and your pals Dol and Breaking then went all postal on id’s. Nonsensical.

Cash, As even HJ acknowledges, citizens less likely to vote in each a every election include:

*poorer people
*less educated people
*younger people
*people of color (Blacks and Hispanics)

Any measure that discourages or inhibits active voting by the people listed above lowers the turnout of Democrats and therefor helps Republicans.

The new legislation in Georgia (which is inspiring 20+ states to follow its lead) includes measures that impose new barriers on would be voters:

*less time to request absentee ballots
*mobile voting centers are essentially banned
*counties can limit voting on Sundays, eliminating group voting efforts at Black churches
*prohibts mailing absentee ballots to all voters
*drop boxes are greatly reduced and not made available 24 hours per day
*the legislature has stripped the Sec of State and Election Board of much of its power
*GOP legislators can now suspend county election officials

I am not screaming racism and looking for the fingerprints of the KKK. I am saying that Georgia Republicans were humiliated by their disastrous election results in 2020 and don’t want to experience that again. These measures combine to tilt the playing field against some potential voters.

IT’s all about winning elections.
First and foremost I didn’t see your post so calm your ass down lol. Secondly there’s a thing called early voting. If their lazy ass can’t find a way to get out to cast their vote a whole month before the Election then they probably don’t really care.

This is nothing more than the dems creating a fake narrative and make excuses so they can cheat some more. Then... have the nerve to accuse the republicans of exactly what they were actually doing. I.e. changing voting rules right before an election.

The ID aspect never wants to be addressed, which you didn’t actually address it either, is because it’s total bullshit! Do you actually know one single person who has no form of identification? I don’t and neither does anyone I know. It’s making more excuses to push voters through the polls multiple times and cast multiple mail in ballots in different identifications and ballot harvesting.

Biden Executive Orders have seized power away from elected legislators and department heads like Border Patrol and ICE.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is. The state has the right to make decisions surrounding how we vote? Really? That's interesting because I never saw you start this thread when you heard Donald Trump get on the phone and tell the sate to "find" the votes he needs to give him the win for the state in his federal election.

Exactly when did you start feeling this way? When the state made the decision to suppress black people from voting? Making it against the law to give food or water to people in line for 8-11 hours. Because this is only going on in black neighborhoods here. I know because I live here. There are no white neighborhoods you are standing in line this long.
Biden Executive Orders have seized power away from elected legislators and department heads like Border Patrol and ICE.
Elections have consequences

These are some baaaad Hombres Trump thinks illegals are bad hombres.....Republican representatives trafficing minors and getting all hopped up on extasy?

The Legislature gets ELECTED by the people. If they are unhappy they can vote them out. That is the American way. Do you like every piece of legislation in your State?

I assume you are upset that the vote for this bill fell along party lines? Well now you know how we feel with the crap Biden and Pelosi are doing.
They can do much more than vote them out. We can protest. We can boycott legally. no? We are no longer supporting any companies that support this law. The End. Period~

Surely, you are not denying that the left has been arguing against voter ID laws for years.
You’re better than that.
Not really. That is the narrative of the right. Most states (vast majority) already require an ID> So, that's not why the right is losing elections. They have to change their message and stop banging out underaged girls on X.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is. The state has the right to make decisions surrounding how we vote? Really? That's interesting because I never saw you start this thread when you heard Donald Trump get on the phone and tell the sate to "find" the votes he needs to give him the win for the state in his federal election.

Exactly when did you start feeling this way? When the state made the decision to suppress black people from voting? Making it against the law to give food or water to people in line for 8-11 hours. Because this is only going on in black neighborhoods here. I know because I live here. There are no white neighborhoods you are standing in line this long.

Didnt reply because it didn’t happen. Washington Post, “ The Washington Post “ retracted that story after tape of call released. Well after elections. Again you impress with your consistency.

Like Georgia Governor and its state legislature.

Legislators make voting laws not Secretaries of State, that’s IS in the constitution.

Reactions: grbcane
This gonna be just like getting losers like Bill Oreally off the air. We are hitting them in the wallet.

He is 100% correct so fat ass Stacy can her greasy ass back to the all u can eat dinnet...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT