ADVERTISEMENT

Here is the latest on the Boogaloo movement.....

cdwright40

SuperCane
Aug 14, 2007
A man allegedly linked to the Boogaloo movement accused of going to a BLM protest with a homemade machine gun to kill cops

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/us/s...-officers-deaths-suspect-boogaloos/index.html

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200616153108-steven-carrillo-mug.jpg

Reactions: Raoul2
If we want to call people filthy animals lets just not be so selective. If the president wants to put it out there that Antifa is going to be designated a terrorist group what about this group?

It's gas lighting division which is fine for some hyena loser on some website. NOT OUR PRESIDENT!

Funny Stuff, thanks. Philly had a fighter Bobby Boogaloo Watts actually beat Marvin Hagler.
True but like the great champion he was, Hagler won by TKO in the 2nd round of their rematch after losing a Majority Decision in their first fight in Watts' hometown.

True but like the great champion he was, Hagler won by TKO in the 2nd round of their rematch after losing a Majority Decision in their first fight in Watts' hometown.

Hagler probably won’t the first fight also. Philly had a stable of good middleweight fighters at the time. Bennie Briscoe , Willie “ The Worm “ Monroe, Cyclone Hart, Stanley “ Kitten “ Haywood. All fought each other

Reactions: 801canesmxer
Hagler probably won’t the first fight also. Philly had a stable of good middleweight fighters at the time. Bennie Briscoe , Willie “ The Worm “ Monroe, Cyclone Hart, Stanley “ Kitten “ Haywood. All fought each other
Yes they were blessed with talent in the division. Hagler also TKO'd Monroe twice after losing to him by decision the first time they met, although I'm pretty sure you already knew that. Were you from that area or just a fan?

Yes they were blessed with talent in the division. Hagler also TKO'd Monroe twice after losing to him by decision the first time they met, although I'm pretty sure you already knew that. Were you from that area or just a fan?

Born and raised poor in Philly. You don’t believe me I’ll name drop. We use to go from the corner bar to fights at the Holy Grail “ The Blue Horizon “ lol. We just said “ Going to The Blue “

Born and raised poor in Philly. You don’t believe me I’ll name drop. We use to go from the corner bar to fights at the Holy Grail “ The Blue Horizon “ lol. We just said “ Going to The Blue “
That must have been amazing. I remember watching a lot of fights from The Blue, There was a time when I lived and breathed boxing and the Philly gyms were known for their toughness, and produced some great fighters.

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
That must have been amazing. I remember watching a lot of fights from The Blue, There was a time when I lived and breathed boxing and the Philly gyms were known for their toughness, and produced some great fighters.

When USA televised Tuesday night fights from there, my oldest daughters God Father Vietnam Vet, Philly Cop at the time got the side job of security for production truck. They parked it on little street behind Blue, I think Carlisle St. This was not a very nice neighborhood, Temple University sprinkled right up North Broad St. Anyway he’d get us in early ( free ) get good balcony seats on rail looking down on ring.

Rocky Balboa?
Matthew Saad Muhammad was a fighter that I used to love to watch. What a warrior. Bernard Hopkins was another one of those tough as nails type of fighter. Too many more to list but those two were right off the top of my head and loved watching both of them.

Matthew Saad Muhammad was a fighter that I used to love to watch. What a warrior. Bernard Hopkins was another one of those tough as nails type of fighter. Too many more to list but those two were right off the top of my head and loved watching both of them.

Saad had one hard life. He was abandoned on the Ben Franklin Pky. The street modeled on The Champs Elysees that runs in front on Air Museum ( Rocky Steps ) nuns took him in and eventually he was adopted. After his boxing career he became homeless then died. Was diagnosed with ALS. Hopkins another hard Philly story. Did time at Graterford Prison ( bad news jail ) that’s where he learned to box. You sure know your boxing and the guys that provided action.

Saad had one hard life. He was abandoned on the Ben Franklin Pky. The street modeled on The Champs Elysees that runs in front on Air Museum ( Rocky Steps ) nuns took him in and eventually he was adopted. After his boxing career he became homeless then died. Was diagnosed with ALS. Hopkins another hard Philly story. Did time at Graterford Prison ( bad news jail ) that’s where he learned to box. You sure know your boxing and the guys that provided action.
Knew about Saad's upbringing but had never heard about his final years. Sad and boxing is unfortunately littered with those stories. Went to quite a few matches on Miami Beach in the 80's and one of the legends they would introduce from time to time was Beau Jack. This legendary fighter was shining shoes for money at that time. Another thing that is sad is that I can't even tell you the last time I saw a boxing match, even on TV.

Reactions: ZEKEMUG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT