ADVERTISEMENT

Just let him go man....you just patted him down and you have run his ID....

He pointed the taser at a cop. That means you die. CD. IF IT TAKES 1,000,000 BLACK LIVES FOR THIS TO BE UNDERSTOOD, THEN THAT'S WHAT IT WILL HAVE TO TAKE, UNFORTUNATELY. WHEN A COP STOPS YOU, YOU COMPLY. YOU DON'T ARGUE. YOU DON'T RESIST. YOU COMPLY. IF THE DUDE COMPLIED AND DIDN'T RESIST...HE'S AT HOME TODAY PLAYING WITH HIS KIDS OR WATCHING TV.
I just posted basically the same opinion before I saw your post...

Is personal responsibility ever in play anymore?
A) if he chooses not to drink and drive drunk which leads to falling asleep in a Wendy's drive thru for God's sake, he never gets killed
B) if he chooses not to resist arrest, he never gets killed
C) if he chooses not to grab the officers taser, he never gets killed
D) if he chooses not to flee and then turn and point the taser at the officer, he never gets killed

I agree that the officer could have shown restraint and NOT fired his weapon, but who among us could positively say that in that particular millisecond moment, with a weapon pointed you, that any one of us would NOT have made that move? Why must we jump to the conclusion that racism was the motive?
Completely agree. I think a cop is responsible for safely making sure you apprehend a suspect. Drinking is legal and it distorts your judgement. How about a little more expertise. Let him go and go pick him up at home. It's not a death sentence. Every cop has been tasered. It's not a lethal weapon. Playing the if game is a waste of time. Two cops should be able to apprehend one guy.

Is personal responsibility ever in play anymore?
A) if he chooses not to drink and drive drunk which leads to falling asleep in a Wendy's drive thru for God's sake, he never gets killed
B) if he chooses not to resist arrest, he never gets killed
C) if he chooses not to grab the officers taser, he never gets killed
D) if he chooses not to flee and then turn and point the taser at the officer, he never gets killed

I agree that the officer could have shown restraint and NOT fired his weapon, but who among us could positively say that in that particular millisecond moment, with a weapon pointed you, that any one of us would NOT have made that move? Why must we jump to the conclusion that racism was the motive?
Exactly!!! That is what is sorely missed

Completely agree. I think a cop is responsible for safely making sure you apprehend a suspect. Drinking is legal and it distorts your judgement. How about a little more expertise. Let him go and go pick him up at home. It's not a death sentence. Every cop has been tasered. It's not a lethal weapon. Playing the if game is a waste of time. Two cops should be able to apprehend one guy.
Haha. Wow. You’re level of apologist and excuse making is borderline sociopathic. It’s UNREAL that you refuse to lay any blame on the guy who caused the entire problem and HE is the reason HE is dead. You’re a racist, bigot and an idiot to boot so congratulations you’ve won the trifecta of stupidity.

Haha. Wow. You’re level of apologist and excuse making is borderline sociopathic. It’s UNREAL that you refuse to lay any blame on the guy who caused the entire problem and HE is the reason HE is dead. You’re a racist, bigot and an idiot to boot so congratulations you’ve won the trifecta of stupidity.
Sorry, I am of the belief that this BS immunity COPS enjoy should and will come to an end. It's an excuse to not do our damn job. You are there to protect and serve. There is no good cop (Oh and I do know a few good cops and an FBI agent) does this bullshit. I have asked them.

CD is the epitome of what Burgess Owens said has been plaguing the black community for years... zero accountability and victim culture. Sad.

Reactions: 801canesmxer
Drinking to the point of passing out behind the wheel of a car is not legal. Over 1,000 deaths in America from that non lethal weapon as you call it. Have you ever tried to arrest anyone? My son did a ride-along when he was thinking of being a cop. He watched as 4 police talked to a 165 pound man. He suddenly started attacking and two of the officers were on the ground. They got up and it took all 4 to apprehend him. My son found out later that he is known to the cops and was on spice at the time. Any thoughts of a career in law enforcement ended that night for my son.

CD, you make some valid points, but it still goes back to my initial question on personal responsibility. In most anything in life, your decisions do in fact determine your destiny, especially bad ones like Driving under the Influence...

Reactions: utatem
Drinking to the point of passing out behind the wheel of a car is not legal. Over 1,000 deaths in America from that non lethal weapon as you call it. Have you ever tried to arrest anyone? My son did a ride-along when he was thinking of being a cop. He watched as 4 police talked to a 165 pound man. He suddenly started attacking and two of the officers were on the ground. They got up and it took all 4 to apprehend him. My son found out later that he is known to the cops and was on spice at the time. Any thoughts of a career in law enforcement ended that night for my son.
Why didn't the cops do the right thing and shoot that man?

CD, you make some valid points, but it still goes back to my initial question on personal responsibility. In most anything in life, your decisions do in fact determine your destiny, especially bad ones like Driving under the Influence...
Hey, let me put it to you this way. I am not disagreeing that we all need personal responsibility....but think about it. Why would we even need a police department if this were possible? Probably not something you or I would do (even in my young stupid days)...take a taser from a cop but there are people out there that are not responsible people at all. I am just saying it isn't a death sentence.

Hey, let me put it to you this way. I am not disagreeing that we all need personal responsibility....but think about it. Why would we even need a police department if this were possible? Probably not something you or I would do (even in my young stupid days)...take a taser from a cop but there are people out there that are not responsible people at all. I am just saying it isn't a death sentence.
Shouldn't have been a death sentence, but the actions of the perpetrator, in THIS case, led to the tragic ending.

Hey, let me put it to you this way. I am not disagreeing that we all need personal responsibility....but think about it. Why would we even need a police department if this were possible? Probably not something you or I would do...take a taser from a cop but there are people out there that are not responsible. I am just saying it isn't a death sentence.
Wrong again. Is he in jail or is he dead? It was absolutely a death sentence for him to act the way he did.

Reactions: krvanness
Now, I specifically said in this thread I did NOT believe the cop was racist did I not? Yet, you want to come here and assume you know what I think when you do not. I will tell you what I think. Don't you tell ME what I think. This is the problem. I am my own man and not 3 fifths of one.

I can tell you in the northeast there is a pretty good chance this guy wouldn't have even been arrested where I am from. Depending on the COP but I have fallen asleep at the wheel. I have known many people to do that after a night of hard partying when you are young and stupid. It's not a death sentence man. WTF is wrong with you people? Oh, and when I did it they told me that I can't drive....and I will either need to call someone that can get me within 20-25 mins and if they can bring someone to drive my car they won't tow it. If I didn't have another person to drive they would tow it and it would cost $135.00 a day where it was going. That's normal where I am from. That's because the police aren't there to show you their balls. They are there to protect your community. Everything isn't an arrest....and everything doesn't warrant you pull out your metal dyk.

You are just protecting society. That's all you are doing. It's not because you want revenge because you couldn't make the basketball or football team so you hate all black people...or you are short and used to get your ass whipped so you hate all people bigger than you regardless of race. Quit justifying murder. It's nonsense. This dude had no warrants and they ran his id. He wasn't driving dirty. They could have met him at his house. You sound ridiculous.
He fought the cops, punched them in the face, stole their weapon, turned and was going to fire the weapon. If he hits the cop, he could then steal the other weapon and shoot with it. What was the cop supposed to do, let him shoot him? Steal his other weapon? Come on man, once he turned to shoot there was no other option. Sorry but true...damn. bad situation but he brought it on himself.

He fought the cops, punched them in the face, stole their weapon, turned and was going to fire the weapon. If he hits the cop, he could then steal the other weapon and shoot with it. What was the cop supposed to do, let him shoot him? Steal his other weapon? Come on man, once he turned to shoot there was no other option. Sorry but true...damn. bad situation but he brought it on himself.
Listen, he was fired for a reason. Not one person that is in law enforcement has come out and defended this action. Have you wondered why? Cops don't get to kill people because they lose a fight. That's crazy! So if you and me meet at a game and have a fight, and you kill me.....that means you don't get arrested because we fought and I punched you in the face? In what world do you think this works? It's not justifiable. Shootings are a last resort for your life. Not because you got punched in the face or a suspect took your taser and ran.

Sorry, I am of the belief that this BS immunity COPS enjoy should and will come to an end. It's an excuse to not do our damn job. You are there to protect and serve. There is no good cop (Oh and I do know a few good cops and an FBI agent) does this bullshit. I have asked them.
And I bet they all hate to see you coming...

Listen, he was fired for a reason. Not one person that is in law enforcement has come out and defended this action. Have you wondered why? Cops don't get to kill people because they lose a fight. That's crazy! So if you and me meet at a game and have a fight, and you kill me.....that means you don't get arrested because we fought and I punched you in the face? In what world do you think this works? It's not justifiable. Shootings are a last resort for your life. Not because you got punched in the face or a suspect took your taser and ran.
Thats a bold ass face lie!!!!!

Reactions: 801canesmxer
Thats a bold ass face lie!!!!!
He was fired for a reason all right . Because the Atlanta power structure is anti police. No investigation and yet that moron mayor passes judgment
I read the Georgia law. It’s being misrepresented.
It doesn’t require fear of your life only , a cop is ALLOWED to use deadly force if the cop is in fear of serious injury. The guy was given a number of chances to submit to the arrest . Submitting to a lawful arrest is not optional . This spin is ridiculous. Cops can’t be forced to use physical force on every arrest . What about 110 lb chick cops? Are they going to forced to wrestle some 200lb thug on every arrest? This will only increase deaths
The cops here were justified to have used deadly force the first time the guy pulled away or at least when he started throwing punches . How many punches does the 110lb chick cop have to absorb before she can pull her gun and force compliance.

What I really would like to do is shoot a taser in the face of these liberal reporters who think it’s no big deal

He was fired for a reason all right . Because the Atlanta power structure is anti police. No investigation and yet that moron mayor passes judgment
It doesn’t require fear of your life only , a cop is ALLOWED to use deadly force if the cop is in fear of serious injury. The guy was given a number of chances to submit to the arrest . Submitting to a lawful arrest is not optional . This spin is ridiculous. Cops can’t be forced to use physical force on every arrest . What about 110 lb chick cops? Are they going to forced to wrestle some 200lb thug on every arrest? This will only increase deaths
The cops here were justified to have used deadly force the first time the guy pulled away or at least when he started throwing punches . How many punches does the 110lb chick cop have to absorb before she can pull her gun and force compliance.

What I really would like to do is shoot a taser in the face of these liberal reporters who think it’s no big deal

There were 7 videos. No money wasting time consuming investigation necessary for firing him. Excessive force unnecessary.

Now there is a murder investigation though.

Those are called officer factors vs subject factors in our world and yes you’re correct. A 110lbs officer vs. 200lbs suspect plays into the decision making process to use deadly force.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT