ADVERTISEMENT

Lawless Rioting Animals.

Honestly Cems, I don't have one. I wasn't kidding when I said I get my news from this site. I remember years ago I was watching the news and found it to be depressing. I wanted to test the theory that ignorance is bliss, so I walked away from the news altogether. You know what, while I may not have been "enlightened" to what was going on, I was in fact happier. Now, not being "informed" can certainly have an adverse effect at times. But, it really does depend on the source of that information, and where your perspective is.

I remember watching an interview with Denzel Washington where he was talking about the news and the rush to be first at the expense of being accurate. Now, I have NO IDEA what his politics are, but it really doesn't matter. He was spot on! Personally I think news started to suffer with the invention of the 24 hour news networks. All of the sudden we have to fill 24 hours! "What are we going to talk about? How can we fill that time? I know, let's get experts to talk about various things and pawn off opinions as facts." Dude, when you truly stop and try and take it in, its exhausting.

So, for here, and yes I am gonna get shit for this, I like Lou, Cortez, Raoul, and Norm. These guys are on the opposite end of the spectrum from me, but I have seen each of them put their guard down in an effort to have a real discussion. Now admittedly someone usually comes in and throws the whole thing out of whack, lol. As is the case with most threads after about 20 posts max. But, I have seen them concede some ground at times in an effort to have a civil discussion. In the end we probably still disagree about most things, but we can still be civil and discuss.

Do you ever ask yourself, how did we get here? I have......5 years ago......10 years ago.....20 years ago......30 years ago....
You get my point.

Do you ever ask yourself, how did we get here? I have......5 years ago......10 years ago.....20 years ago......30 years ago....
You get my point.

Actually, I don't. Sorry man. Do you mean as a country, or in relation to the news. Help me out.

Actually, I don't. Sorry man. Do you mean as a country, or in relation to the news. Help me out.
Like I said, he has a difficult time stringing together a complete thought. He doesn’t realize the voices in his head repeating superfluous words need to be filtered before conversing with others.

He can’t.

Actually there are a few posters on here that I can't stand, and I would agree have horrible reading comprehension skills. Cems isn't one of them and like I said typically we all start this thing where a discussion degenerates into name calling. Just my opinion though.

Reactions: zackbear
Sorry. My point is things never seem to change. I have been on this site for many years however I suspect not one opinion has changed because of our posts. So sad.

Sorry. My point is things never seem to change. I have been on this site for many years however I suspect not one opinion has changed because of our posts. So sad.

Well, look at this; you and I are having a pleasant, civil back and forth right now, right? We may be name calling and throwing each other under the bus tomorrow over a separate issue. Lol. But, there is probably more common ground than we realize. Tough to crack that nut behind a keyboard as we're all prone to quick tempers and name calling from time to time when it's in this format. More personable conversations would be had if we were able to sit down face to face. Especially knowing The Canes brought us all here one way or another.

Well, look at this; you and I are having a pleasant, civil back and forth right now, right? We may be name calling and throwing each other under the bus tomorrow over a separate issue. Lol. But, there is probably more common ground than we realize. Tough to crack that nut behind a keyboard as we're all prone to quick tempers and name calling from time to time when it's in this format. More personable conversations would be had if we were able to sit down face to face. Especially knowing The Canes brought us all here one way or another.
Yep. The Canes are our common ground. Lets not lose sight of that.

Is Vox a source for you? What about Vanity or Elle? Are they unbiased?

Since you apparently are having trouble with my "all news outlets have a bias" statement let's look at this another way. Does ABC always report inaccuracies? How about CNN? What about Fox? Are they ALWAYS lying? Is it possible that within the slants ALL MEDIA OUTLETS USE, there is some truth from time to time? Could Blaze be right periodically? Sure. Just like CNN can be as well.

But to act like someone who posts an article from Blaze and have it be immediately dismissed because they are right wing is no different than you guys posting something from Glamour because you agree with what it says and the right dismissing it because of the source.
Lol, fashion magazines have NOW become anti TrumpEars.
Funny anyone even still reads them.

Your post does not address mine. You're off topic however I do not support rioting for any reason.

Let's focus on why Trump at the start of his administration rolled back Obama's policing reforms? This murder may have been avoided if these plans had been implemented.

You seriously think Obama did ANYTHING for reform? Guy was in office for 8 years and did absolutely nothing for black rights. Go back and look at how many incidents there were under his watch.

Come on man. I get that Trump can behave like a jackass, not let's not rewrite history here. Obama was terrible for police reform.

Reactions: BreakingCane
You seriously think Obama did ANYTHING for reform? Guy was in office for 8 years and did absolutely nothing for black rights. Go back and look at how many incidents there were under his watch.

Come on man. I get that Trump can behave like a jackass, not let's not rewrite history here. Obama was terrible for police reform.
But Trump ignored Obama's plan and now Trump has blood on his hands. WTF?

I'm not trying to be snarky here, but how would you feel if YOU were the one who had his business destroyed by these people? How about if it were YOU who was beaten up. Would you be okay with these "protests" taking place in front of your home?
Try to tell the difference between protesters and rioters. I’ve witnessed many many acts in the OB that was discuss you. They had Cane gear on. They didn’t represent the the 98% of Canes fans.

Try to tell the difference between protesters and rioters. I’ve witnessed many many acts in the OB that was discuss you. They had Cane gear on. They didn’t represent the the 98% of Canes fans.

Does it matter at this point? Seriously. The protestors message is totally deafened by the other crap, so what's the point?

The protestors are going to have to find another way to protest, because this isn't working. It's chaos. Total bedlam. Macy's in New York. Freaking Macy's. It's just unreal.

We are in a Civil War and the good guys have been going to work ,obeying the law and arming themselves. If the left keeps this up they will not know what hit them . Trump will restore law and order and decent Americans will help us heal from this. But make no mistake -if you are an Anarchist or a Black Racist your days are numbered.You will be caught and convicted .
Also any cops that think abusing people is a part of the job should be stamped out of the force as well.

We are in a Civil War and the good guys have been going to work ,obeying the law and arming themselves. If the left keeps this up they will not know what hit them . Trump will restore law and order and decent Americans will help us heal from this. But make no mistake -if you are an Anarchist or a Black Racist your days are numbered.You will be caught and convicted .
Also any cops that think abusing people is a part of the job should be stamped out of the force as well.

Yup!

But Trump ignored Obama's plan and now Trump has blood on his hands. WTF?
Again, anyone would ignore a plan to remain quiet as BLM terrorists were ambushing and assassinating innocent law enforcement officers.

Again, anyone would ignore a plan to remain quiet as BLM terrorists were ambushing and assassinating innocent law enforcement officers.

You obviously don't know, the right wing group known as the Boogaloo Bois has been terrorizing America. In fact, I saw a few last night.

What's your plan to stamp out these racist cops?

What's your plan to stamp out these racist cops?

Hey Cems, serious question; what are your ideas for stopping this kind of thing from happening? Had a "discussion" on facebook last night and it seems there is a lot of complaining, and rightfully so. But it occured to me that I am not sure I have heard any ideas amidst all of this. I am genuinely interested if you have any ideas that may stop this from happening again. Let me know what you think.

What does a plan left by Obama to fix some of these policing issues have to do with the presence of Trump's right wing constituents at these rallies?
Low IQ. You brought up the plan, ask yourself.

Hey Cems, serious question; what are your ideas for stopping this kind of thing from happening? Had a "discussion" on facebook last night and it seems there is a lot of complaining, and rightfully so. But it occured to me that I am not sure I have heard any ideas amidst all of this. I am genuinely interested if you have any ideas that may stop this from happening again. Let me know what you think.

The issues we face in the policing of our communities can not be detailed in a Canesport post. Nor can we fix these issues in a post. If someone says otherwise they are not being honest.

For me a starting point is to review the plan Obama left for Trump. Here it is.

https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc948674/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT