ADVERTISEMENT

Political tidbits

Don't tell Cortez, he believes every college educated woman wakes up every morning, wondering where the nearest abortion clinic is.
You’re off the rails, 17. Usually, you stay on point and argue rationally.

What has happened to you….making shiz up, misquoting me, ranting and raving? Sad that you’ve lost your balance.

Good post.
That could be a strong ticket.

Question about DeSantis’ background: I never heard of him before he became Governor. He now has followed the Trump precedent of seeking conflict where he can be the tough guy and endorsing authoritarian de isions without the need for compromise. It’s working. MAGAs seem to love him and he doesn’t say totally outrageous stuff, unlike Trump.

for those who knew DeSantis way back when: was he always confrontational?

Thanks.

Question about DeSantis’ background: I never heard of him before he became Governor. He now has followed the Trump precedent of seeking conflict where he can be the tough guy and endorsing authoritarian de isions without the need for compromise. It’s working. MAGAs seem to love him and he doesn’t say totally outrageous stuff, unlike Trump.

Thanks.
I don't think he seeks conflict; he simply addresses it head on.

Thanks.
"Endorsing authoritarian decisions without the need for compromise"
I thought only Schumer and Pelosi did that.

Either Desantis or Youngkin would defeat any democrat candidate in 2024.
Both are extremely bright with significant accomplishments
Desantis graduated from Ivy League college schools with some distinction
Has actual military experience in a war zone , as opposed to Brandon’s reliance on his sons very abbreviated service as a reserve
I don’t find him confrontational. I find him simply realistic , normal and practical
Youngkin , is another real bright , well educated guy who succeeded in the highest level of business based simply on talent , skill and hard work .
His company was a major player in international finance when he was at the helm. I reject the notion that prior “ swamp” experience is necessary to obtain the top job
Neither of these two seem to have any skeletons, and I’m sure that the opposition is scouring the record to attack them
The left is so fixated on Trump they may not see these two , and several others coming down the pike , ready to eat their lunch

DeSantis running slightly ahead of Trump in New Hampshire poll
One million Dems have switched parties, particularly college educated suburban voters
I’m a little wary of this. It could be an attempt at tilting districts. Or battleground states solidifying electoral votes.

DeSantis stood up to Biden on mask and vaccine mandates. Biden wanted kindergarteners to wear masks. Biden wanted vax ID, but is against voter ID. Biden said get out of the way, and DeSantis said -"I'm standing in your way". He's someone with a spine. Is that confrontational ?
My negative photo/video image of DeSantis was from a couple of months ago. He was standing on a stage with several high school students, a couple of whom were wearing masks. He turned from the mic to face the masked students, wagging his finger at them and castigating them to take off their masks.

Ok. He doesn’t like masks. But does a Governor really have the need to publicly confront and humiliate 17 year olds who exercise their right to wear a mask?

A bully with authoritarian leanings. Didn’t we just have one of those?

My negative photo/video image of DeSantis was from a couple of months ago. He was standing on a stage with several high school students, a couple of whom were wearing masks. He turned from the mic to face the masked students, wagging his finger at them and castigating them to take off their masks.

Ok. He doesn’t like masks. But does a Governor really have the need to publicly confront and humiliate 17 year olds who exercise their right to wear a mask?

Get over it snow flake..

Castigating ? look at the video. Anyway it doesn't matter. The fact is, he is a looming force for you- Trump without the baggage in a business friendly state that people are moving to and that handled Covid well. Facts.

Castigating ? look at the video. Anyway it doesn't matter. The fact is, he is a looming force for you- Trump without the baggage in a business friendly state that people are moving to and that handled Covid well. Facts.
I agree that he’s a strong upcoming candidate. He’s not crazy like Trump.

Castigating? Yes. I did look at the video. See those students squirm!

DeSantis stood up to Biden on mask and vaccine mandates. Biden wanted kindergarteners to wear masks. Biden wanted vax ID, but is against voter ID. Biden said get out of the way, and DeSantis said -"I'm standing in your way". He's someone with a spine. Is that confrontational ?
To the liberal left pvssies, that is. It goes against their “conform or we’ll cry and riot” agenda.

You’re off the rails, 17. Usually, you stay on point and argue rationally.

What has happened to you….making shiz up, misquoting me, ranting and raving? Sad that you’ve lost your balance.
You used to have a sense of humor. There is so much BS being spewed by both sides. At a state level the SCOTUS ruling is going to force the public to listen, learn the facts and compromise. I spoke with a milennial young lady today. She honestly thought abortion was now illegal in Florida. I explained that Florida law is 15 weeks. She immediately googled it, said wow, she didn't know that; and that 15 weeks is more than enough time to figure it out. She then kept looking and said, wow and 24 months for special cases of health. She said the baby would be viable at that point. She also said she had no idea that there were third term abortions and did understand why they would be legal. In thirty minutes her entire understanding changed. She asked why the stuff she looked up was not on the media? The young people are smart. When they have to, they will learn themselves, not listen to old crooks like Biden, Pelosi and Shumer.

This SCOTUS ruling will teach more about the Constitution in a week then the Dept of Education has in ten years.

Reactions: HJCane
Desantis has been a great governor and easily outpolls the likely opponents now. There isa reason so many are moving to Florida. He is a big part of it. I would prefer him as President than Trump as he has more political experience and would be more hands on with his staff hires as Trump was continually sabotaged. But either candidate can bring this country back to prosperity ,control Marxist hate groups like Anti Fa and BLM, get the economy rolling again and take on Russia, Iran and China.

A ticket of him and the Virginia Governor would be a slam dunk

Thanks.
House Representative resigned to pursue the Governorship of Florida. Pushed for term limits while in Congress which is highly controversial.
Attended both Yale and Harvard and became a JAG (Lawyer) Officer for Seal units in Iraq and Guantanomo Bay.
Highly intelligent.
It's not that he is controversial. He recognizes TRENDS taking place and puts out that fire before it arrives on Floridas shores.
CRT , inappropriate sex education to children in schools, loss of Freedoms sprouting up due to Covid are all examples of moves he has made after recognizing Left Wing trends sweeping across the Nation.
You don't have to agree with them all but plenty do.
He was routinely bashed for bucking the trends on Covid but I applaud him for seeing the data and realizing many measures would be harmful to institute. In the end it appears he was very right.

Reactions: central17
I don't think he seeks conflict; he simply addresses it head on.
And doesn't follow the pack.

Telling them they did not have to wear masks if they didn't want to is not castigating them.

I agree that he’s a strong upcoming candidate. He’s not crazy like Trump.

Castigating? Yes. I did look at the video. See those students squirm!
Squirming because they felt CONFLICTED. They were probably told that they HAVE TO WEAR a mask and when the Governor told them they did not, they felt CONFLICTED inside.

House Representative resigned to pursue the Governorship of Florida. Pushed for term limits while in Congress which is highly controversial.
Attended both Yale and Harvard and became a JAG (Lawyer) Officer for Seal units in Iraq and Guantanomo Bay.
Highly intelligent.
It's not that he is controversial. He recognizes TRENDS taking place and puts out that fire before it arrives on Floridas shores.
CRT , inappropriate sex education to children in schools, loss of Freedoms sprouting up due to Covid are all examples of moves he has made after recognizing Left Wing trends sweeping across the Nation.
You don't have to agree with them all but plenty do.
He was routinely bashed for bucking the trends on Covid but I applaud him for seeing the data and realizing many measures would be harmful to institute. In the end it appears he was very right.
Money post.

Desantis has been a great governor and easily outpolls the likely opponents now. There isa reason so many are moving to Florida. He is a big part of it. I would prefer him as President than Trump as he has more political experience and would be more hands on with his staff hires as Trump was continually sabotaged. But either candidate can bring this country back to prosperity ,control Marxist hate groups like Anti Fa and BLM, get the economy rolling again and take on Russia, Iran and China.
This. Good post. I prefer DeSantis- no baggage, but they will make up something like Cavanaugh.

Squirming because they felt CONFLICTED. They were probably told that they HAVE TO WEAR a mask and when the Governor told them they did not, they felt CONFLICTED inside.
Didn’t know your were a psychologist reading the minds of the students. How about “squirming” cuz the governor is wagging his finger at you and lecturing you that masks are stupid.

A Black man conservative. I like Tim Scott. I think he is highly impressive but can you imagine the vitriol that would be unleashed on him.? You wanna talk racism it would be quite the ugly show.
Would be similar to what Clarence Thomas has been subjected to all these years

A Black man conservative. I like Tim Scott. I think he is highly impressive but can you imagine the vitriol that would be unleashed on him.? You wanna talk racism it would be quite the ugly show.
No matter the skin color, the vitriol on ANY conservative candidate will be epic in 2024.

Reactions: HJCane

He was teaching them a lesson in leadership. To question authority and not follow the crowd. He knew the threat to them regarding Covid was non-existent. He told them their mask wearing was "ridiculous", and it was. Just ask Fauci:

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

Blasey-Ford redux.
They do like to take shots at nice catholic boys and girls ( Barrett )
Desantis is sort of a choir boy, a top athlete at Yale , great student, family man, war veteran.
But these people are devious.
The Balsey Ford deal was just a precursor to what we saw this week with the hearsay gal .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT