ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors in Atlanta

I see you didn’t read that law, or maybe you can’t read like trump. No where in that law was a taser define as a deadly weapon, but it was defined as a fire arm.
You know what you’re right lmao. The DA stated it was classified a deadly weapon according to Georgia law and I looked up the statute defining firearm and assumed the DA was correct and he was not. Here is how Georgia defines deadly force, read the last sentence:

“(a) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person against such other's imminent use of unlawful force; however, except as provided in Code Section 16-3-23 , a person is justified in using force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.”

Shooting a taser at an officer is a forcible felony hence TN v. Garner, hence why you don’t have a crime.

Reactions: krvanness
no unlike some people when I’m not sure of a fact I do research and find the answer. I just don’t spew lies. But of course you can’t appreciate that.
I haven’t spoken one lie yet. You understand the difference between opinions and lies, right? You, on the other hand, have lied about Trump’s contributions to the black community and are in serious denial. You are just another brainwashed sheep.

We all know there will be minimal charges against this officer and that Atlanta is gonna burn. Sell while you can and get the popcorn ready. Glad i live in a conservative county with conservative leadership. Dont give a **** about Atlanta tbh. Dont give a **** about any libtard run city.

I haven’t spoken one lie yet. You understand the difference between opinions and lies, right? You, on the other hand, have lied about Trump’s contributions to the black community and are in serious denial. You are just another brainwashed sheep.

I didn’t lie about it, trump contributions, I said it’s not substantive. I would know bc I follow these issues bc they affect me personally. I gave you facts you disagreed. You mixed 2 executive orders together and made it policy. I showed you the difference between the 2. You still denied it.

Despite what you may think, you do not have a very Grasp on the truth. Especially if you’re listening to Donald trump who consistently lies about anything. You do know he lies right?

Actually are you aware that Donald trump has said a lot of things that were not true?

Reactions: zackbear
We all know there will be minimal charges against this officer and that Atlanta is gonna burn. Sell while you can and get the popcorn ready. Glad i live in a conservative county with conservative leadership. Dont give a **** about Atlanta tbh. Dont give a **** about any libtard run city.

right bc you don’t care about your fellow Americans. I care about what’s going on in all states. Maybe you got that confederate syndrome for only caring about your part of the country dammed be the rest of it...

you can’t be an AmeriCAN when it suits you and an AmeriCANT when you don’t like it....

Americans when dealt with an incident they don’t like, they work their hardest to make the situation better. What are you gonna do in this situation?

right bc you don’t care about your fellow Americans. I care about what’s going on in all states. Maybe you got that confederate syndrome for only caring about your part of the country dammed be the rest of it...

you can’t be an AmeriCAN when it suits you and an AmeriCANT when you don’t like it....

Americans when dealt with an incident they don’t like, they work their hardest to make the situation better. What are you gonna do in this situation?
Clearly BLM and their “defund” police didn’t care.

Clearly BLM and their “defund” police didn’t care.

didn’t care about what? They are asking for black people to get equal treatment from law enforcement. How radical is that? Asking for another Americans to be treated equally under the laws that have been set before us.

how terrible is that?

didn’t care about what? They are asking for black people to get equal treatment from law enforcement. How radical is that? Asking for another Americans to be treated equally under the laws that have been set before us.

how terrible is that?
I guess you missed their defund police rhetoric then. You not only have selective outrage you have selective memory. This is why I can’t take your comments seriously.

Reactions: mahb
I guess you missed their defund police rhetoric then. You not only have selective outrage you have selective memory. This is why I can’t take your comments seriously.

no. I’ve said it on here. And lawmakers have addressed this as well. Defund the police isn’t going anywhere. No one in power or with any common sense is for the defund the police movement. It’s dumb. I said it (not on here) but the first time I heard it. Even in this thread I’ve addressed that fact. Sorry bub, can’t pin that on me. I just like many other people want equality and reform. That’s it!

no. I’ve said it on here. And lawmakers have addressed this as well. Defund the police isn’t going anywhere. No one in power or with any common sense is for the defund the police movement. It’s dumb. I said it (not on here) but the first time I heard it. Even in this thread I’ve addressed that fact. Sorry bub, can’t pin that on me. I just like many other people want equality and reform. That’s it!
You have serious comprehension issues. So you’re saying BLM is dumb? Kinda contradictory.

You have serious comprehension issues. So you’re saying BLM is dumb? Kinda contradictory.

Listen if you’re not gonna read and understand that I said defunding the police was dumb I’m just not going to respond to you any longer. It’s a waste of time.

But it’s a BLM thing.

Hey, you wanna know a secret. You can agree with something someone says and stands for especially when it’s something you’d like as well and not agree with every single position they take.

That’s how you have independent voters, they agree on something’s from one party but not everything. Again I’ve never been here beating my chest for BLM.

Hey, you wanna know a secret. You can agree with something someone says and stands for especially when it’s something you’d like as well and not agree with every single position they take.

That’s how you have independent voters, they agree on something’s from one party but not everything. Again I’ve never been here beating my chest for BLM.

Hey deuce, you seem rational so I want to ask a question. You mentioned BLM is fighting for equal treatment, or fair treatment, from Law enforcement for black people. My question is do the numbers and facts matter? Because according to the numbers more unarmed white people died last year than blacks. It seems like the concern is this is an epidemic against black people specifically, but the numbers just don't support that. Just curious your thoughts.

From what i see everyday from the democrat party i say lets roll with it. They are rats most of them. Biden president would be interesting to say the least. Obama could finish this country off for good like he was as president.

Hey deuce, you seem rational so I want to ask a question. You mentioned BLM is fighting for equal treatment, or fair treatment, from Law enforcement for black people. My question is do the numbers and facts matter? Because according to the numbers more unarmed white people died last year than blacks. It seems like the concern is this is an epidemic against black people specifically, but the numbers just don't support that. Just curious your thoughts.

you are absolutely right my friend by the sheer number, yes. However when you take into account the per capita # its occurs 2.5x more I’m the black community.
This article is from 2016 but the data is still legit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...han-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/

This is interesting. I wonder what the rationale is then for 53% of violent crimes being caused by 13% of the population?

that also correlates with the over policing of the black community. Statistic show blacks are no more prone to violent crimes. When it comes to drug and alcohol usage it’s actually higher in whites. I did research on oral cancer that’s how I know that tidbit

that also correlates with the over policing of the black community. Statistic show blacks are no more prone to violent crimes. When it comes to drug and alcohol usage it’s actually higher in whites. I did research on oral cancer that’s how I know that tidbit

I wonder what the impetus is for over policing black communities?

I wonder what the impetus is for over policing black communities?

More than a few things. But to simplify it stereotypes. Same reason people lock their car door when a black man walks by. Or calling the cops when black kid is selling lemonade or having a bbq for no reason. Or shot jogging. People have a perceived bias that black people are inherently bad or dangerous.

More than a few things. But to simplify it stereotypes. Same reason people lock their car door when a black man walks by.

So, how do we explain all the black on black crime? I mean, this is real. It's really happening. There is a ton of crime in these areas and a lot of black people are being killed by other black people. What do you think the issue is there?

And that’s why I am independent, and I don’t support groups like BLM who incite people to assassinate cops like in Dallas and Baton Rouge.

So, how do we explain all the black on black crime? I mean, this is real. It's really happening. There is a ton of crime in these areas and a lot of black people are being killed by other black people. What do you think the issue is there?

theres crime in both communities. Blacks commit crimes against blacks at a 84% rate, white against whites at a 86% clip. It also matters in terms of sentencing. Whites usually get lesser sentences for similar crimes and criminal history.

And that’s why I am independent, and I don’t support groups like BLM who incite people to assassinate cops like in Dallas and Baton Rouge.

you think I’m ok with killing police officers? Watch the Dave chappelle special from last week. He addresses both of those situations.

Well when “good cops” keep getting told they’re all racist and sociopaths what do you expect. I think it’s great, people want to defund police depts and have less policing, well here is their chance to see what’s it’s like. Its going to be wonderful when a “mental health professional” gets called to a person having a psychotic episode and they get killed. Every liberal and black “activist” will be screaming “where were the cops”. I think it’s hilarious that all these people think that because there is less policing, criminal are just going to stop committing crimes. St Louis, Detroit, New Orleans and Baton Rouge all have violent crime rates in the top 20 in the WORLD. Yes the world what makes you think that people are going to just stop committing crime?

Before you condemn reforming police departments why don't you check out one that thus far has been successful that is Camden, New Jersey.

I'll jump in with a question because I'm curious as well and this is a pretty civil conversation..

you are absolutely right my friend by the sheer number, yes. However when you take into account the per capita # its occurs 2.5x more I’m the black community.
This article is from 2016 but the data is still legit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...han-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/

So in the above quote you utilize population percentages. According to the latest census black people make up 13% of population and whites, not Hispanic, make up 60%. A valid argument.

theres crime in both communities. Blacks commit crimes against blacks at a 84% rate, white against whites at a 86% clip. It also matters in terms of sentencing. Whites usually get lesser sentences for similar crimes and criminal history.

But now in this argument for why the over policing of black neighborhoods you go back to a same straight line comparison of population irregardless of per capita.

According to the FBI murder statistics from 2013 which is a bit old but the newest government database I could find with a 2 second search. Black people committed 2,698 out of 5,723 murders in that year, or 47%.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....f_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

If we use a comparison of like data (per capita population compared to per capita murders compared to per capita chance of being shot by a police office) all else being equal the data seems to say black people are shot by cops less often than you would expect.

I do agree with your statement that "Whites usually get lesser sentences for similar crimes and criminal history." but doubt that is the case for murder.

I'll jump in with a question because I'm curious as well and this is a pretty civil conversation..

So in the above quote you utilize population percentages. According to the latest census black people make up 13% of population and whites, not Hispanic, make up 60%. A valid argument.

But now in this argument for why the over policing of black neighborhoods you go back to a same straight line comparison of population irregardless of per capita.

According to the FBI murder statistics from 2013 which is a bit old but the newest government database I could find with a 2 second search. Black people committed 2,698 out of 5,723 murders in that year, or 47%.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....f_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

If we use a comparison of like data (per capita population compared to per capita murders compared to per capita chance of being shot by a police office) all else being equal the data seems to say black people are shot by cops less often than you would expect.

I do agree with your statement that "Whites usually get lesser sentences for similar crimes and criminal history." but doubt that is the case for murder.

blacks do commit more murders per the data. You right about that. I was talking about crimes committed are usually committed within their own particular race. Blacks per capita are convicted of more violent crimes but whites commit more “white collar” crimes by a lot. Using 2017 conviction data. But if police focus their efforts in one community vs another they will catch more crimes. Or may not even arrest whites depending on the nature of the infraction.

The reason I say whites may not be arrested or convicted as much is bc blacks are the majority of the prison population not per capita but on the sheer number. How is that when we don’t commit more overall crime but we a majority of the prison population?

blacks do commit more murders per the data. You right about that. I was talking about crimes committed are usually committed within their own particular race. Blacks per capita are convicted of more violent crimes but whites commit more “white collar” crimes by a lot. Using 2017 conviction data. But if police focus their efforts in one community vs another they will catch more crimes. Or may not even arrest whites depending on the nature of the infraction.

The reason I say whites may not be arrested or convicted as much is bc blacks are the majority of the prison population not per capita but on the sheer number. How is that when we don’t commit more overall crime but we a majority of the prison population?

I can agree with everything you said. And I also understand that all causes need a starting point but it seems disingenuous to start the movement based on cops killing blacks when we just agreed that the raw numbers don't bear that out.

If the movement was based on misdemeanor drug crimes or the overall murder of black people I think everyone would be on board with that but framing it as us against the cops creates further divide. No one likes seeing what happens in Chicago on a weekly basis. If the same passion of the protesters came out for that I know I would be on board and I'm not currently on board with the movement as it is currently constructed.

I can agree with everything you said. And I also understand that all causes need a starting point but it seems disingenuous to start the movement based on cops killing blacks when we just agreed that the raw numbers don't bear that out.

If the movement was based on misdemeanor drug crimes or the overall murder of black people I think everyone would be on board with that but framing it as us against the cops creates further divide. No one likes seeing what happens in Chicago on a weekly basis. If the same passion of the protesters came out for that I know I would be on board and I'm not currently on board with the movement as it is currently constructed.

well it’s not disingenuous when the article from 2016 referred to unarmed people killed by cops.

second I understand about what’s going on in Chicago or black on black crime. As a black man I don’t like it at all. I wish they would stop. It’s a stupid and horrible gang war. And we are trying to correct the issue. But we need help.

whites have a problem which kill 100 white people per day, the opioid epidemic. Whites are killing themselves at an alarming rate. The difference is the local and federal government have stepped in and are trying to help the situation. They noticed it affected those Who are in many of these different categories some fit in multiple: the poor, jobless, less educated, mental health issues amongst many other things. they understood it’s not just about keeping them off the opioids. You had to help solve all the other issues to solve the overall issues.

those same issues are prominent in the black community which leads to crime. We need help to address those issues. Help end the despair in the black community so we can improve our homes. Like they are doing with whites....

both communities have people killing themselves at an alarming rate. We all wish we could stop our own people from killing themselves.

well it’s not disingenuous when the article from 2016 referred to unarmed people killed by cops.

second I understand about what’s going on in Chicago or black on black crime. As a black man I don’t like it at all. I wish they would stop. It’s a stupid and horrible gang war. And we are trying to correct the issue. But we need help.

whites have a problem which kill 100 white people per day, the opioid epidemic. Whites are killing themselves at an alarming rate. The difference is the local and federal government have stepped in and are trying to help the situation. They noticed it affected those Who are in many of these different categories some fit in multiple: the poor, jobless, less educated, mental health issues amongst many other things. they understood it’s not just about keeping them off the opioids. You had to help solve all the other issues to solve the overall issues.

those same issues are prominent in the black community which leads to crime. We need help to address those issues. Help end the despair in the black community so we can improve our homes. Like they are doing with whites....

both communities have people killing themselves at an alarming rate. We all wish we could stop our own people from killing themselves.
Why do you think so many whites are killing themselves if our lives are so care free as some think? Our children are killing themselves at an alarming rate. Suicide is now the number one killer of kids between 10-17 in Utah. Two young people have killed themselves just in our neighborhood of half acre homes out here. We and/or our kids know of 6 that have committed suicide and 7 that have OD'ed. The Federal Government may throw money at it but they sure as hell haven't helped the situation very much.

Why do you think so many whites are killing themselves if our lives are so care free as some think? Our children are killing themselves at an alarming rate. Suicide is now the number one killer of kids between 10-17 in Utah. Two young people have killed themselves just in our neighborhood of half acre homes out here. We and/or our kids know of 6 that have committed suicide and 7 that have OD'ed. The Federal Government may throw money at it but they sure as hell haven't helped the situation very much.

Brotha, I wish I had an answer for that. Throwing money isn’t a solution to problems. Smart money can be. What I mean by that is using it with studied solutions. I’m down to try those options. I don’t know what to do, yet I’m not ready to give up on things, on us! I get america is flawed but it’s still the greatest country in the world, our democracy greatest idea in human history.

I’ve tried hard in my community. I think if we all do we can make changes. Make things better. Sounds utopian but that’s why I’m here. We all share the love of the Miami Hurricanes. But we differ in race, religion, finances, yet this team over the years has brought us together here. And so although I don’t agree with some opinions on here and I’d like to educate from my perspective and point of view. But I’d like to think we can find common ground on things.

Do what you can for your community. You sound like you care. As individuals if we all do so we can take America a little further...

Sorry man but your statement on white collar crime is false. The vast majority of fraud originates from India / China. I’m not going to give away trade secrets but they put us to shame numbers wise. Domestically there are tons of organized crime involved in fraud, depending on the region and demographics it breaks up about even. Fraud is the new drugs.

Sorry man but your statement on white collar crime is false. The vast majority of fraud originates from India / China. I’m not going to give away trade secrets but they put us to shame numbers wise. Domestically there are tons of organized crime involved in fraud, depending on the region and demographics it breaks up about even. Fraud is the new drugs.

I don’t know about that. Not denying what’s going on overseas but I’m just pulling fbi data on actual arrest. Not “my feelings”. But I’m sure overseas there’s a lot of shit going on. Look at the Panama papers...:

The Supreme Court Of the United States says you’re wrong... TN v. Garner

I got news for you, the prosecutor is going to get sued and maybe even prosecuted for malicious prosecution. GBI wasn’t even done with their investigation when the prosecutor announced the charges. Did you not see the GBI press release? They were pissed. Here some more news, what happens if the GBI exonerates the officer, who’s already been charged? This is nothing more than political warfare against cops. You have an activist prosecutor, Who already under investigation by GBI himself for theft abs he’s targeting a cop in what according to even Georgia State Law is a good shoot. Point blank period. Now it’s become a racial thing. It was never racial ever. It’s only became racial because of the prosecutor and mayor.
Lol, you so damn Blind. Its good that Cop got arrested and I give a damn if those cops walk off they jobs like crybabies, and I've told you before dont speak on sht you don't understand. Racsim was a word invented to describe white Suspramcey. You see the BS that go on right in front of you! You care about a uniform, a badge, and name more then black and brown lives. FOH

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT